What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DFS is not gambling (1 Viewer)

shady inc

Footballguy
DFS is a skill game, not gambling.

If Dallas Keuchel were to enter into a Draftkings GPP or some other major contest, and pick himself as a starting pitcher, what do you think the public reaction would be? (Assume people cared enough to have a reaction)

I'm thinking about how this relates to Pete Rose gambling on the reds. Dallas would be betting on himself to be successful. Or what if he made a Yankees stack and picked Tanaka as his pitcher?

Thoughts?

I'm wondering if baseball players (or any professional athletes) used themselves (or the teams they were playing against) in DFS - would it be frowned upon the same way Pete Rose and his "betting on baseball while playing/managing" is.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL at not gambling. Do you take us for fools? It's no different than a scoring system for props essentially.

Now, I'm neither a prude nor against gambling - but I against foolish efforts to call a spade a heart.

Totally gambling.
Of course it is. Why are we arguing this?
Not only is it gambling, it's likely going to bring traditional fantasy sports down with it. Legislation with a broad brush is coming in the not-so-distant future, IMO.
Not sure I fully agree. Even if considered gambling in some ways, traditional fantasy leagues are generally locally run without a big taken by the house. No different than a football pool or other pure gambling efforts that are legal in most places.

Now, could some of the year long purse driven leagues be effected? I suppose - then again, we are a nation of incongruity so why should it all follow under logic ?

Users who are viewing this thread