What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP waiver wire suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Nathan R. Jessep

Footballguy
I, for one, would love an IDP waiver wire suggestions thread or feature in myFBG like the one for Offense by Sigmund.

Just putting it out there! ;)

:hey: Jene

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be tricky to accomplish, given the variance from one league to the next in terms of rosters, starting reqs, scoring, etc.

I'm no a subscriber anymore, but there was a feature that allowed you to upload your team site and then showed you stats/projections etc. for your players and all waiver wire players. Loved it when I had it, especially as an IDP noob. Unfortunately, I don't recall what it was....

If your league is linked and you go to the 10-second weekly primer, Norton lists any IDP who he has projected to score more than the guys you have already.

That serves the purpose for me as well as any waiver list could. It's week specific with projections.

And the top 200 going forward is a great waiver wire tool if you are looking long term.

yeah, I use the primer and that works well for the setting lineups for the week but I guess what I'm thinking is more of a "from this point forward for the rest of the season" outlook whereas Player Name Here would be a good pickup for the rest of the year

I had forgotten about Rudnicki's column, as I've gotten to where I just use the emailed info and the Primer and Bloom's Waiver watch, which are both linked in the MyFBG page

Maybe if the powers to be could link Aaron's column right under Bloom's Waiver Watch for us IDP gurus? one stop shopping!

The top 200 ranking going forward is from this point forward. And if linked with your league highlights the free agents.

Denver rookie OLB/DE Shane Ray could get the start against Cleveland Sunday.

He's had sacks the last two weeks and could get a big bump at least for this week since it looks like DeMarcus Ware will not play as the Broncos have a BYE next week so they could give Ware two weeks to heal.

Shane Ray is listed as DE in some leagues and he could get OLB points which makes him a good/sneaky play to cover any IDP BYEs on the D-Line this week.

------------------

EDIT: Ware wasn't seen practicing today (Thursday)

------------------

James Palmer@JamesPalmerTV 29m29 minutes ago

Don't see DeMarcus Ware (back) out at practice. Demaryius Thomas (neck) & Evan Mathis are out here but doesn't look like they'll practice.

He's had sacks the last two weeks and could get a big bump at least for this week since it looks like DeMarcus Ware will not play as the Broncos have a BYE next week so they could give Ware two weeks to heal.

Shane Ray is listed as DE in some leagues and he could get OLB points which makes him a good/sneaky play to cover any IDP BYEs on the D-Line this week.

------------------

------------------

Don't see DeMarcus Ware (back) out at practice. Demaryius Thomas (neck) & Evan Mathis are out here but doesn't look like they'll practice.
hey Bracie...thoughts on Nate Orchard in dynasty?

Thanks.

hey Bracie...thoughts on Nate Orchard in dynasty?

Thanks.
Well OLB Scott Solomon just got IRed for the year and Paul Kruger got moved back to the weakside LBer position and Mingo only got 4 snap Sunday against Baltimore and Orchard looked 'better' but he looked awful setting the edge against the run.

The Browns run defense is terrible but so is the pass defense and the pass rush is also bad. Throw a dart at what is the issue so I tend to blame DC Jim O'Neil but getting back to Nate.

He has legit pass rush ability. He absolutely has to show improvement setting the edge because he looked sooooooooo bad in preseason that he wasn't startable but the coaches went to him over Mingo and now that Solomon is OUT of the picture he should get more snaps. Also I have to confess he looked 'better' defending the run.

I'm torn but he's got three things in his favor.

- He was a high pick

- He has legit pass rush ability

- He showed 'improvement' defending the run but he looked soo bad he had nowhere to go but up

Dynasty, he's worth a flyer if you've got deep benches. Best I can offer right now.

------------------

------------------

OLB Shaq Barrett gets the start but Cecil Lammey hints OLB/DE Shane Ray will see his time/snaps upped Sunday.

---------------------

Mike Klis@MikeKlis 19h19 hours ago

Kubiak said OLB Shaq Barrett will start

---------------------

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2578573-how-the-denver-broncos-defense-can-get-by-without-demarcus-ware

How the Denver Broncos Defense Can Get by Without DeMarcus Ware By Cecil Lammey , Featured Columnist Oct 16, 2015​...Kubiak confirmed that Barrett could be in line for his first career start on Sunday.

“Barrett will start, yeah," Kubiak said. "They're all going to play, but he will be the starter if DeMarcus doesn't play.”

...Shane Ray Ready

...Ray was known as a fierce competitor and a dangerous pass-rusher. Like Barrett, Ray doesn’t have a ton of tricks and moves. However, Ray has an excellent first step, and this helps him get by blockers at the snap. Ray can anticipate the snap regularly, and he doesn’t waste a lot of motion getting to the quarterback.

When initially blocked, Ray does not give up. Instead, the rookie will keep fighting while at the same time keeping his eyes in the backfield.

The rookie has been picking the brain of Von Miller and Ware to help improve his game...
To update: Shaq Barrett gets the start but Shane Ray will also play Sunday.

Ray had sacks but so did Barrett who also added 6 tackles and out snapped Ray like 72 to 4. However if Ray kept up that pace and played 70 snaps, he would have about 17.5 sacks, which would be a sick stat line and a pretty huge fantasy day.

Burfict began practicing...if he is available, guy is awesome
Ive held this guy in all my dynasty leagues since last year. Would be great to see him back on the field. If available pick him up and ask questions later.

First question will be how he feels after his first game. Nervous wait for owners to check he is fit again.

Ive held this guy in all my dynasty leagues since last year. Would be great to see him back on the field. If available pick him up and ask questions later.

First question will be how he feels after his first game. Nervous wait for owners to check he is fit again.
He will get hurt again. He can't stay on the field. I wouldn't put too much hope into him being a long term answer.

Just picked up Kerry Wynn, DE, NYG

Deep league add - we use 11 on D and must start 2 DEs.

Snap count is on the rise, coaches love him, and he's got a great motor. Grades out pretty well.

Same here. Have had him since he came into the league. I heard if he plays tomorrow on Bengal Message Board, that he will only see 15-20 snaps. I'm hoping he plays just to get the rust out for next week.

He will get hurt again. He can't stay on the field. I wouldn't put too much hope into him being a long term answer.
This. The guy is a walking injury.
I wouldn't say that. He played in every game in 2012 and 2013. He became a starter in his third game as a rookie and hadn't missed a game until last year. In early 2014 he was held out of games due to concussion symptoms, then sustained a knee injury that basically put an end to his 2014 season. If he comes back and gets sidlined again with another injury then maybe you could say he has issues. There is too little playing time in his career to slap the injury prone tag on him. With what he did in 2012-2013, im taking my chances and have him in every league I can get him. Not sure what happens to Rey's playing time if both are healthy though.

Beason is done for the year, if Unga is on the WW may wanna grab him. Of course he's questionable this week.
I was on that train for a while, but his last week without Beason, Unga ended up splitting time with Kennard. Haven't seen any indication that will change, and with him questionable this week after being inactive last week, I wouldn't plug him in as a starter yet.

Not a bad stash if you carry extra IDPs.

I think he splits with Brinkley, Kennard seems to be almost an every down guy. But Brinkley sucks, I think once Unga is healthy he will get the bulk of the snaps. This kid is a 27 year old rookie and has made some mistakes but maybe a MLB of the future. I would bet Beason is cut next offseason or takes a big pay cut.

Just saying someone to keep an eye on as the spot has been pretty productive for the Giants and Beason is done and Brinkley sucks, someone may end up putting up good points down the stretch.

Boy...that didn't take long...

WLB Vontaze Burfict exited the Bengals' Week 9 game against the Browns with a left knee injury and is questionable to return.
It's the same knee he had surgery on last offseason. Burfict logged two tackles before leaving early in the second quarter.
That is still extreme surgery without a great success rate.

Who is the better pickup for ROS - L David, K Alonso or Reshad Jones?

Tackle Solo 1

Tackle Assist .5
Sack 1
Interception 2
Fumble Force .5
Fumble Recovery 1
Defensive Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Pass Defended .5
Block Kick 1
Tackles for Loss .5

Who is the better pickup for ROS - L David, K Alonso or Reshad Jones?

Tackle Solo 1

Tackle Assist .5
Sack 1
Interception 2
Fumble Force .5
Fumble Recovery 1
Defensive Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Pass Defended .5
Block Kick 1
Tackles for Loss .5
It's tough to say this but I think I would go with Reshad Jones. He is a tackle machine this year and gets more pts for INT than a sack.

David would be second and Kiko a very distant third.

Who's the better pickup Jake Ryan or Anderson
Ryan is better long term pickup, Palmer isn't very good and they don't many options. Anderson may lose the job when Mcclellan is back and that may be this week.

EDit

Read Eyes of the Guru, Norton loved him even covering Gates more than Mcclellan so Jones may be the odd man out. May be a little more risky than Ryan but may be bigger reward.

saintfool said:
RushHour said:
cr8f said:
Who's the better pickup Jake Ryan or Anderson
Ryan is better long term pickup, Palmer isn't very good and they don't many options. Anderson may lose the job when Mcclellan is back and that may be this week.
Would they really go back to McClellan?
i thought the defense looked much better with McClellan out. Jones looked much better on Monday especially.
Bears Q&A with @BradBiggs: Has Jonathan Anderson surpassed Shea McClellin?

Do you think Jonathan Anderson is starting to edge out Shea McClellin? I think he’s doing great. -- @StyngrayChosen

I think the Bears are interested in seeing more from Anderson and that was evident when they reduced Christian Jones’ role slightly and played Anderson more on Monday night at San Diego. Anderson had a lot of responsibilities with the underneath stuff the Chargerswere running with running back Danny Woodhead and tight end Antonio Gates.

“He was at the point of a lot of routes — some good, some not-so-good,” defensive coordinator Vic Fangio said after practice on Wednesday. “But overall he played good. It’s great experience for him.”

The coaches have been pretty consistent in saying they have been pleased with the play of McClellin. He has practiced some over the last week as he recovers from a sprained MCL in his left knee. I don’t know if McClellin will be ready to go this week at St. Louis. When he’s healthy, I’d imagine he is back in the mix. We’ll see how the coaches distribute playing time at that point.

yeah, i saw that article earlier today too. i've seen more Bears games this season than probably ever before. looking at the defense - i have both jones and mcclellin - there is nothing that made me think shea's making an impact. jones hasn't played particularly well either but he seemed to be much more himself - instinctive, active - than he's been all season. shea's just not a good fit and may be too far along in his career to try over. as the Bears post-season hopes dwindle, i could see Anderson getting more time because they need to know if he's any kind of fit. he played his way onto the field and seems to be a player worth monitoring.

yeah, i saw that article earlier today too. i've seen more Bears games this season than probably ever before. looking at the defense - i have both jones and mcclellin - there is nothing that made me think shea's making an impact. jones hasn't played particularly well either but he seemed to be much more himself - instinctive, active - than he's been all season. shea's just not a good fit and may be too far along in his career to try over. as the Bears post-season hopes dwindle, i could see Anderson getting more time because they need to know if he's any kind of fit. he played his way onto the field and seems to be a player worth monitoring.
It would be a good time to see what they've got with him.

I have Jones and Anderson, but no Mcclellan.

they know what they have with Shea and it isn't impressing anyone. i say this as someone that thought he was miscast in his position and/or role in the defense most of his career. I dropped him earlier this year because he's not doing much in terms of production. i've kept Jones because i believe in him more and seen what he can do. Anderson- who I WW'd yesterday - produced in his audition. let's see if he gets a callback...

they know what they have with Shea and it isn't impressing anyone. i say this as someone that thought he was miscast in his position and/or role in the defense most of his career. I dropped him earlier this year because he's not doing much in terms of production. i've kept Jones because i believe in him more and seen what he can do. Anderson- who I WW'd yesterday - produced in his audition. let's see if he gets a callback...
Shea was doing better then Jones when both were playing.

BigSteelThrill said:
saintfool said:

Shea was doing better then Jones when both were playing.
Shea plays a better position but yes he was doing better. This week may show what the Bears think about him there VS Anderson. If healthy interested to see who plays.

Clayton Geathers, S for Indy, filled in for Adams and had a nice line of 7TK & 2Atk. If Adams is out again he's a good play, and in Dynasty I'd grab him if he's there.

I noticed Heeney for Oakland had a real nice first extended playing time, what's the deal there? I have him in my two dynasty leagues but he could be useful down the stretch for anyone if he is starting the rest of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread