What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yale student screams in anger at professor over halloween costumes (1 Viewer)

Not sure if it's on this one or one of the other videos of this incident, but they snap instead of clapping. I fear for our country with these idiots in charge.

Not sure if it's on this one or one of the other videos of this incident, but they snap instead of clapping. I fear for our country with these idiots in charge.
I just found out some people in other countries whistle instead of boo. this world is ####ed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like there's more to this than just the costume issue. The students seem to have other issues with the way this guy is doing his job.

Kids these days are all about micro-aggressions. Anything that could be taken as even slightly offensive to anybody is a problem. He was taking that on in his email and that's the response he got.

It seems like there's more to this than just the costume issue. The students seem to have other issues with the way this guy is doing his job.
Regardless of their grievances, throwing a temper tantrum towards someone in an authority position is how a three year old behaves.

I haven't cared or been this passionate about anything ever in my life. Halloween must be serious business at Yale

The IAC email included a list of bulleted tips for students, including making sure costumes don't mock real people or cultures, perpetuate stereotypes or advance historical inaccuracies.
What's the point of a Halloween costume if I can't do any of these things?

Regardless of their grievances, throwing a temper tantrum towards someone in an authority position is how a three year old behaves.
He must be tenured and afraid to lose it. Otherwise after about the 10th time she screamed "do you understand" I would have to perform a backbreaker move on her.

She has a point.
I didn't hear one. He didn't have a costume on. How can you be a costume policeman without a costume? I mean don't you have to be one to know one?

That's what I've always heard.

AND he seemed very safe. If he can stand there and take that amount of verbal abuse without reacting, he is one peace loving mother ####er.

Or he has been married over 20 years - that seems to be the real breaking point.

god these ####### people!!??!!! We are ####### doomed.

There are a few other videos leading up to this and her students talking about how "they can't live in a safe environment now at this school..." WTF???!!! Over a notion of a Halloween costume??

Not for nothing, but if a kid wore a stupid or offensive costume, some will laugh but most people would see him for the idiot he was. Move the F along people. God we are raising babies

There are a few other videos leading up to this and her students talking about how "they can't live in a safe environment now at this school..." WTF???!!! Over a notion of a Halloween costume??

Not for nothing, but if a kid wore a stupid or offensive costume, some will laugh but most people would see him for the idiot he was. Move the F along people. God we are raising babies
That girl isn't a baby. She is a big, gaping C uuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnttttttttttttttt.

She must have chosen Candy Corn with the 1.01 pick in the Halloween Candy Draft. She's yelling at one of the judges that said she chose poorly. For that, he cannot sleep for a night.

I'd like to see a pole for which is a bigger signal of doom, that girl or your signature.

Kids these days are all about micro-aggressions. Anything that could be taken as even slightly offensive to anybody is a problem. He was taking that on in his email and that's the response he got.
Kids need a micro-footuptheirass.

It's kind of sad that these prestigious institutions cater to such whiners.
This is what that age group has learned to gain and use power. They absolutely know that they are full of crap, but by screaming about "safe spaces" and "micro aggressions" they have cowled many people/institutions into giving them their way. These are people that aren't interested in debate, ideas, or democracy, they are simply about control. If you can scream at someone and claim that they are somehow threatening you, you don't have to make an actual argument. And sadly enough, many many universities and companies have rolled right over and given them their way.

These institutions have done society a great disservice by teaching these dolts that tactics like this get them their way. We need more shaming of these morons like this.

It's kind of sad that these prestigious institutions cater to such whiners.
This is what that age group has learned to gain and use power. They absolutely know that they are full of crap, but by screaming about "safe spaces" and "micro aggressions" they have cowled many people/institutions into giving them their way. These are people that aren't interested in debate, ideas, or democracy, they are simply about control. If you can scream at someone and claim that they are somehow threatening you, you don't have to make an actual argument. And sadly enough, many many universities and companies have rolled right over and given them their way. These institutions have done society a great disservice by teaching these dolts that tactics like this get them their way. We need more shaming of these morons like this.
Reading this post and I thought I was in the blm thread.

We need to get college back to the priorities of the good old days, namely binge drinking and casual sex. Sure, we need to make some adjustments to eliminate the rapeyness, but college these days is starting to sound like a real buzzkill. Do these students have any fun at all?

There are a few other videos leading up to this

and her students talking about how "they can't live in a safe environment now at this school..." WTF???!!! Over a notion of a Halloween costume??

Not for nothing, but if a kid wore a stupid or offensive costume, some will laugh but most

people would see him for the idiot he was. Move the F along people. God we are raising babies
Please go on about how this new generation is doomed and how great the old days were.

How is this person going to navigate ordinary life when she's not capable of handing a disagreement over something trivial without completely flipping out?

How is this person going to navigate ordinary life when she's not capable of handing a disagreement over something trivial without completely flipping out?
Seriously. I just read up on this. So the university dean sends out an email telling students not to wear culturally insensitive Halloween costumes. A female professor and her husband who is the head of a residence hall respond with a suggestion that costume choices be a personal decision and not subject to university regulation, and that students instead discuss their reactions to any particular costume. In response, STUDENTS LOSE THEIR FREAKING ####, are demanding the faculty members' resignations and are stating that they no longer feel safe living in the residence.

:slapsforehead:

The IAC email included a list of bulleted tips for students, including making sure costumes don't mock real people or cultures, perpetuate stereotypes or advance historical inaccuracies.
What's the point of a Halloween costume if I can't do any of these things?
Slutty _______ costumes never offend anyone. That is the real point of Halloween.

She'll fit right in. Just look at how politics works now. When EX-IM was ended, Boeing cried and complained, stomped their feet, and said that not getting billions of dollars from the government put them at a competitive disadvantage and they'd send jobs overseas as a result. Or how groups screamed misogyny and oppression when people had the nerve to argue against forced subsidy of birth control. If people don't get their way, they start leveling accusations of racism, sexism, oppression, genderism or whatever the hot "disadvantaged group" is politically advantageous at the moment.

Seriously. I just read up on this. So the university dean sends out an email telling students not to wear culturally insensitive Halloween costumes. A female professor and her husband who is the head of a residence hall respond with a suggestion that costume choices be a personal decision and not subject to university regulation, and that students instead discuss their reactions to any particular costume. In response, STUDENTS LOSE THEIR FREAKING ####, are demanding the faculty members' resignations and are stating that they no longer feel safe living in the residence. :slapsforehead:
This is just one piece of a long series of racial issues at the school and that hall. There are a lot of students at Yale that feel racism and sexism is accepted and promoted from the top down.

Seriously. I just read up on this. So the university dean sends out an email telling students not to wear culturally insensitive Halloween costumes. A female professor and her husband who is the head of a residence hall respond with a suggestion that costume choices be a personal decision and not subject to university regulation, and that students instead discuss their reactions to any particular costume. In response, STUDENTS LOSE THEIR FREAKING ####, are demanding the faculty members' resignations and are stating that they no longer feel safe living in the residence.:slapsforehead:
This is just one piece of a long series of racial issues at the school and that hall. There are a lot of students at Yale that feel racism and sexism is accepted and promoted from the top down.
Really?

We need to get college back to the priorities of the good old days, namely binge drinking and casual sex. Sure, we need to make some adjustments to eliminate the rapeyness, but college these days is starting to sound like a real buzzkill. Do these students have any fun at all?
Students copy/mimic what they see. Kids can't understand "right vs. wrong" or whatever without being shown/taught it. Families tend not to eat dinner together instead putting the tv on and watching that, or the Internet now. Kids copy what they see. Adults are more to blame than the kids.

Users who are viewing this thread