What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Week 12 (1 Viewer)

Thomas Rawls (he should be rostered already but you never know...)

Buck Allen

Shaun Droughn

Matt Schaub, in 2QB leagues

I know...any RB w/ a pulse is well worth an add. I just can't get excited about Buck Allen w/ Schaub @ QB & zero outside threats in that offense.

I'm gonna roll the dice on Spencer Ware as hammy injuries can linger; maybe West winds up having to deal with it RoS.

I know...any RB w/ a pulse is well worth an add. I just can't get excited about Buck Allen w/ Schaub @ QB & zero outside threats in that offense.

I'm gonna roll the dice on Spencer Ware as hammy injuries can linger; maybe West winds up having to deal with it RoS.
I felt that way about Draughn, with Gabbert at QB and no reliable WRs...it's the NFL. Volume covers a multitude of weaknesses.

I felt that way about Draughn, with Gabbert at QB and no reliable WRs...it's the NFL. Volume covers a multitude of weaknesses.
exactly. Volume makes you an automatic rb2

When woodhead is an rb1, anybody getting 15+ touches has value. And a decent amount of value at that

Last edited by a moderator:
JJ Nelson
That's only without Michael Floyd out there IMO. Cards are already resistant to use DJohnson bc he's a rookie. Nelson falls into obscurity once Floyd returns for the same reason: Bruce Arians hates rookies.

Aside from the obvious ones, if kc defense is on your wire still grab them. They are the real deal guys. They're healthy now and the secondary is playing way better. Their pass rush is ferocious. They single handedly won me my matchup this week after I picked them up.

Eta their next 2 games not as juicy BUT their playoff schedule:

Week 14: vs SD

Week15: @ Balt (with no flacco, no Forsett, no steve smith)

Week 16: vs cle

Allen if you need to volume, Ware if you need to swing for the fences. West went out with a hammy, which we know are tricky and can be 1 week or multiple weeks in an RB friendly offence. Allen will get 20 in a terrible offence.

I have been struggling at TE and may grab Rudolph...not a high priority but Ebron gave me a 0 against the Raiders of all teams. So darn much inconsistency from all but the top 2-5 TEs.

I have been struggling at TE and may grab Rudolph...not a high priority but Ebron gave me a 0 against the Raiders of all teams. So darn much inconsistency from all but the top 2-5 TEs.
Seems like every week "experts" are recommending streaming TEs against the Raiders, yet most don't work out. Matchups almost always look better on paper than in real life.

Even if West is out, do we know Ware has the job? Knile Davis was a healthy scratch this week, but you have to assume if West is out he's back in the mix. And I wouldn't put *too* much stock in Ware's performance yesterday; San Diego has flat-out quit on the season.

I'm not totally crapping on Ware's chances, just pointing out there are a lot more questions.

I agree shady. He is getting snaps, receptions, TDs, and now Gore is at least dinged. Bradshaw still is who we thought he was.

Even with a healthy Gore I wonder if they don't prefer Bradshaw near the goalline with the ability to score the receiving TDs like he did last year (3 in the last 2 games).

Aside from the obvious ones, if kc defense is on your wire still grab them. They are the real deal guys. They're healthy now and the secondary is playing way better. Their pass rush is ferocious. They single handedly won me my matchup this week after I picked them up.

KC is definitely the top WW D if they're available, but Houston is a decent fallback if they were dropped after the Miami blowout. Earlier this week they were on the wire in both of my 16-team leagues (only got them in one, unfortunately).

Tough match-up this week vs NO, though it is at home. But they're playing well enough that I'd consider just rolling them out there ROS.

Also, as long as we're talking Houston, Hoyer may have been dropped due to his concussion. He'll likely be back this week and has put up strong numbers in every game he's finished this year.

Even if West is out, do we know Ware has the job? Knile Davis was a healthy scratch this week, but you have to assume if West is out he's back in the mix. And I wouldn't put *too* much stock in Ware's performance yesterday; San Diego has flat-out quit on the season.

I'm not totally crapping on Ware's chances, just pointing out there are a lot more questions.
Disagree here. I think they moved on from Davis months ago. They chose West, then Ware over him. I think Ware gets the workhorse load if West is out and gets some touches even with a healthy West. Add to that the KC D is playing great and they have winnable games for each of their last 6 on the schedule.

Disagree here. I think they moved on from Davis months ago. They chose West, then Ware over him. I think Ware gets the workhorse load if West is out and gets some touches even with a healthy West. Add to that the KC D is playing great and they have winnable games for each of their last 6 on the schedule.
You know, you may be right. I had assumed Davis was a healthy scratch for roster-construction purposes (ie, he doesn't play special teams or something). But it's happened two weeks in a row.

Gillmore.
Gillmore is normally a great add, but the Flacco injury definitely makes it less certain. On one hand, Flacco and he seemed to have good chemistry, but on the other hand, Schaub will likely be chucking the ball a lot and maybe locks in on him. It's not not like they have great options - Aiken is decent but not exactly Steve Smith.

zftcg said:
Buck Bradcanon said:
zftcg said:

You know, you may be right. I had assumed Davis was a healthy scratch for roster-construction purposes (ie, he doesn't play special teams or something). But it's happened two weeks in a row.
I was having the same thoughts on Davis vs. Ware. Ware has consistently been called the "change of pace back" and I assume he would share the backfield with Davis to some extent. That said, maybe Ware's performance yesterday changed that situation.

zftcg said:
Buck Bradcanon said:
zftcg said:

I was having the same thoughts on Davis vs. Ware. Ware has consistently been called the "change of pace back" and I assume he would share the backfield with Davis to some extent. That said, maybe Ware's performance yesterday changed that situation.
Go watch the tape. He runs like a bull... Ware is legit, I'm just surprised no NFL team has given him an opportunity yet.

zamboni said:
munygon2 said:
Gillmore.
Gillmore is normally a great add, but the Flacco injury definitely makes it less certain. On one hand, Flacco and he seemed to have good chemistry, but on the other hand, Schaub will likely be chucking the ball a lot and maybe locks in on him. It's not not like they have great options - Aiken is decent but not exactly Steve Smith.
Right, I'm not sure either. I have Gates and Reed, and both are looking like risky starts at this point. Gillmore may be the healthiest option who could get some checkdowns from Schaub. We'll have to see.

I wonder if Vernon Davis is coming on as an option down the stretch. Stands to reason that it would have taken him a few games to get caught up. 6 for 60 yesterday. Available in both of my leagues.

I think there is actually quite a bit of juice on the wire this week that can help in the FF playoffs. Devin Funchess produced in his first ever start and I think he played >80% of the snaps.

Devin Funchess caught 4-of-8 targets for 64 yards and a touchdown Week 11 against the Redskins.
Cam Newton came out firing to Funchess. The rookie was targeted twice on the Panthers’ opening three-and-out, and he had six targets at halftime though he was only able to haul in two of them. Funchess played better in the second half, however. He made a great hands catch on his touchdown reception in the third quarter, and he made a nice contested grab on a double move in the fourth. Funchess brings a size element the Panthers have been missing all season, and he has looked more competent over the last month. Coach Ron Rivera said after the game Funchess was very "Kelvin [benjamin]-esque" in going for the football against Washington. Even if Corey Brown (shoulder) is healthy for Thanksgiving, Funchess should remain a factor. He is worth an add in all formats.

zamboni said:
munygon2 said:
Gillmore.
Right, I'm not sure either. I have Gates and Reed, and both are looking like risky starts at this point. Gillmore may be the healthiest option who could get some checkdowns from Schaub. We'll have to see.
Yeah, I have Gates and Gillmore, but unless I hear specific info about Gates being limited again, there are too many questions surrounding Gillmore to start him over Antonio.

(Not strictly a WW conversation, but may be useful for people considering adding CG).

rickyg said:

I dropped last week to pick up Rod Smith. Sometimes I hate this place

WR- Funchess, Inman, Crowder could all be good hit or miss flex plays in ppr.

RB: Allen will be top priority as no competition so good floor but low ceiling due to QB situation. Ware, Bradshaw, Turbin could all be great potential injury fill ins with a good chance of seeing playing time in the coming weeks.

TE: Davis and Carrier.

QB: Osweiller and Hasselbeck

I wonder if Vernon Davis is coming on as an option down the stretch. Stands to reason that it would have taken him a few games to get caught up. 6 for 60 yesterday. Available in both of my leagues.
I'd like to hear some more on what people are seeing/expecting out of Davis. Most people added him when he was first traded, and now his production is picking up.

Is 6 for 60 a reasonable floor going forward? I can envision him benefiting from Brock taking over.

QB:
Hoyer a good pickup since he should be through the concussion protocol and a good match up in week 12?

zamboni said:
lazyike said:
Seems like every week "experts" are recommending streaming TEs against the Raiders, yet most don't work out. Matchups almost always look better on paper than in real life.
In fairness to those analysts like Bloom who recommend playing any streamer TEs vs Oak, I iirc the past two weeks both TEs dropped easy TDs vs Oak, so the reasoning is sound.

a lot of obvious choices this week at RB, which were already named. I would recommend all West owners go hard to the hole for Ware, except most of us have already gone hard to the hole for West, so it looks like I am bit worse [off] for Ware this week.

QB:

Hoyer a good pickup since he should be through the concussion protocol and a good match up in week 12?
Not only is he a great streaming option this week, he may be a good option for ROS. For one thing, if you toss out Week 1 (when he was inexplicably benched for Mallett) and last week (when he left early with a concussion), he's thrown for at least 230/2 in every game he's played this year. And while the NO match-up is a great one, the rest of his schedule isn't scary either:

12: NO

13: @BUF

14: NE

15: @IND

16: @TEN

I own him in two leagues, one where I have Taylor and another where I have Tannehill. Tyrod could get another start or two, but there's a chance I roll with Hoyer on both teams the rest of the way.

QB:

Not only is he a great streaming option this week, he may be a good option for ROS. For one thing, if you toss out Week 1 (when he was inexplicably benched for Mallett) and last week (when he left early with a concussion), he's thrown for at least 230/2 in every game he's played this year. And while the NO match-up is a great one, the rest of his schedule isn't scary either:

I own him in two leagues, one where I have Taylor and another where I have Tannehill. Tyrod could get another start or two, but there's a chance I roll with Hoyer on both teams the rest of the way.
Certainly helps to have DHop.

RB

Rawls

Buck

Coleman

Ware

Bradshaw

Turbin

Draughn vomit

QB

Osweiler

Wintson (monitor Cnn Rape documentary)

DEF

CLE (they get first crack at Schaub and their rested off a bye

QB:

None of those matchups are decidedly great when evaluated on FP allowed to QBs basis..other than NO. Hoyer should be a top 10 option this week with a very safe floor against NO.

Texans coach Bill O'Brien confirmed Monday that Brian Hoyer (concussion) will start in Week 12 against the Saints.

O'Brien confirmed Hoyer has passed the NFL's protocol concussion testing, and will regain Houston's starting job from T.J. Yates, who performed admirably in Hoyer's absence. The fact that Yates was so productive with Hoyer on the shelf is an indication that O'Brien's quarterback-friendly system can continue to be trusted for fantasy purposes. Despite his obvious physical limitations, Hoyer will be a recommended QB1 streamer against a New Orleans defense that's been gutted by Kirk Cousins, Marcus Mariota, and Eli Manning for a combined 14:0 TD-to-INT ratio over its last three games.

zamboni said:
munygon2 said:
Gillmore.
I'm pretty sure it's the o line and the scheme in kc that makes the RBS look good and not the other way around.

Jamaal Charles is a special talent, no doubt. But any Rb they put behind that line is having success. Davis, west, ware. Really doesn't matter.

Put Davis, west, or ware on a team with a more mediocre o line and I think they get exposed for what they are. Average RBS.

QB:

None of those matchups are decidedly great when evaluated on FP allowed to QBs basis..other than NO. Hoyer should be a top 10 option this week with a very safe floor against NO.
Hoyer has already produced solid games against Indy (middle-of-the-pack D) and Atlanta (top pass D in terms of FPA). He's produced against everyone.

zftcg said:
QB:

Hoyer has already produced solid games against Indy (middle-of-the-pack D) and Atlanta (top pass D in terms of FPA). He's produced against everyone.
I agree. Thinking of starting him over Aaron Rodgers in one league this weekend and picking him up to play over Brady in the other. Brady has just lost too many weapons and that is not the same 30-40 point offense from the beginning of the year.

Yeah..love me some Hoyer.

zftcg said:
QB:

I agree. Thinking of starting him over Aaron Rodgers in one league this weekend and picking him up to play over Brady in the other. Brady has just lost too many weapons and that is not the same 30-40 point offense from the beginning of the year.

I'm pretty sure you're trolling me ...

zftcg said:
QB:

I'm pretty sure you're trolling me ...
Lol! Not at all. Can totally see how it reads that way.

Rodgers and Brady's weapons have been compromised and their floor and ceiling are both lower now. Hoyer is higher than both in the prelim Tremblay rankings for week 12.

Users who are viewing this thread