What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel week 12 (1 Viewer)

NixonMask

Footballguy
Theyve already posted most of the slates to get ready for Thanksgiving. I just wanted to get the conversation started on the RB position this week. Itll depend on how the injuries this week shake out, but alot of the best plays, irregardless of price, look like theyre going to be in the low 6000s this week. Going to make for some nice lineups and I wouldnt be surprised if the cut lines are unusually high because of it. Just made my place holders and baring injury changes I wouldnt be surprised if I roll with most of them.

Chris Johnson $6800 at SF
Buck Allen $6300 against CLE
Thomas Rawls $6300 against PIT
Tevin Coleman $6200 against MIN (Freeman actually looks like he plays which kills interest in either IMO, but worth considering otherwise)
Spencer Ware $6200 against Buffalo

Some other plays that stood out were:

Bortles $7300 against SD (SD is in standard end of season full melt down mode, west coast team traveling cross country for a 1pm game, Bortles is my goto guy regardless of price)
Hoyer $7100 against NO (Theyre not a Rob Ryan defense anymore, but theyre still the Saints)
Mariota $7000 against OAK

DJax $6300 against NYG

Walker $6100 against OAK

Last edited by a moderator:
I just pulled salaries and looked at the games. Lines come out in the next day but early thoughts ... messing around ...

• Hoyer v NOLA
  • Yeldon v SDC
  • Rawls v PIT
  • Hopkins v NOLA
  • ODJ @ WAS
  • Amendola @ DEN
  • Walker v OAK
  • 4500 ... Novak/HOU
  • Chiefs v Bills ... curious on where this line is
That leaves $400 and a quick pivot up to Crabtree from Amendola

Can upgrade to Carr

Can downgrade to S Johnson, who is now at 5500, and that leaves 1000

REALLY early but I know this much for the Sunday games ... you are going to need 2/3 of Julio, Hopkins and OBJ for cash games. It's easy to get 2 of them due to all the value and 2 have PLUS match-ups.

Not sure what to make of the Thursday only RBs. Seems like a good idea to punt RB a bit since there are lots of chalk plays at WR.

Darren McFadden - They raised his price a TON and now he's playing Carolina. No thanks.

Matt Forte - Might be back? Splitting time with Langford? No thanks.

DeMarco Murray - Probably the best option I see here.

Jonathan Stewart - Good matchup, but I expect a really low scoring game.

Eddie Lacy - Does one game mean the fat boy's back?

Jeremy Langford - See Forte above.

James Starks - See Lacy above.

Theo Riddick - meh
Ameer Abdullah - meh

I just pulled salaries and looked at the games. Lines come out in the next day but early thoughts ... messing around ...

• Hoyer v NOLA
  • Yeldon v SDC
  • Rawls v PIT
  • Hopkins v NOLA
  • ODJ @ WAS
  • Amendola @ DEN
  • Walker v OAK
  • 4500 ... Novak/HOU

Can upgrade to Carr

REALLY early but I know this much for the Sunday games ... you are going to need 2/3 of Julio, Hopkins and OBJ for cash games. It's easy to get 2 of them due to all the value and 2 have PLUS match-ups.
Very similar thoughts.Also heath miller vs sea with big Ben and Seattle giving up so much to TEs on the season(top 4). I have cooks vs houston also. Amendola hurt his knee.

Hoyer

Yeldon

Rawls

OBJ

Hopkins

Cooks

Miller/Orange Julius

Boswell

Chiefs

Theyve already posted most of the slates to get ready for Thanksgiving. I just wanted to get the conversation started on the RB position this week. Itll depend on how the injuries this week shake out, but alot of the best plays, irregardless of price, look like theyre going to be in the low 6000s this week. Going to make for some nice lineups and I wouldnt be surprised if the cut lines are unusually high because of it. Just made my place holders and baring injury changes I wouldnt be surprised if I roll with most of them.

Tevin Coleman $6200 against MIN (Freeman actually looks like he plays which kills interest in either IMO, but worth considering otherwise)

Bortles $7300 against SD (SD is in standard end of season full melt down mode, west coast team traveling cross country for a 1pm game, Bortles is my goto guy regardless of price)

Hoyer $7100 against NO (Theyre not a Rob Ryan defense anymore, but theyre still the Saints)

DJax $6300 against NYG

Walker $6100 against OAK
Be wary of Mariota. The Titans literally have no WRs at all if Wright can't go. They started the year with a pretty bad WR corps to begin with. Now it's DGB (who isn't ready to be an NFL WR yet), Harry Douglas, and dudes just signed off the practice squad or (even worse) off of the SF practice squad.

DJax $6300 against NYG

Walker $6100 against OAK
Be wary of Mariota. The Titans literally have no WRs at all if Wright can't go. They started the year with a pretty bad WR corps to begin with. Now it's DGB (who isn't ready to be an NFL WR yet), Harry Douglas, and dudes just signed off the practice squad or (even worse) off of the SF practice squad.
Don't forget Delanie Walker. The guy is looking really good lately. To the point that he will be in several of my lineups this week. Walker, not Mariota...

DJax $6300 against NYG

Walker $6100 against OAK
Don't forget Delanie Walker. The guy is looking really good lately. To the point that he will be in several of my lineups this week. Walker, not Mariota...
Not forgetting him at all. He's very good. He's also all they've got assuming mcCluster is out.

Not sure what to make of the Thursday only RBs. Seems like a good idea to punt RB a bit since there are lots of chalk plays at WR.

Darren McFadden - They raised his price a TON and now he's playing Carolina. No thanks.

Theo Riddick - meh

Ameer Abdullah - meh
I literally looked at this mess and thought to myself, "No thanks."

If you're trying to win cash with this, IMO that 3-game, short week, Thursday-only slate is the definition of gambling against the odds.

I'll stick to Sundays and Sunday-Mondays this week.

Haven't built a full lineup yet, but the Hoyer/Hopkins stack is fully in play, as well as landing OBJ against the woeful Redskins secondary. With all the values at RB, it's very, very doable.

Theo Riddick - meh

Ameer Abdullah - meh
I literally looked at this mess and thought to myself, "No thanks."

If you're trying to win cash with this, IMO that 3-game, short week, Thursday-only slate is the definition of gambling against the odds.

I'll stick to Sundays and Sunday-Mondays this week.
I think I agree. Will have a few GPPs going, but not gonna go cash.

I'll be skipping cash but think it sets up nicely for GPPs. Abdullah hasn't done anything all year so he'll be low owned, but has been getting more looks. I think he finds the end zone on turkey day. Brent celek is also a guy jumping out to me, Olsen will be 50% owned, but celek is the #1 passcatcher in the offense if Matthews and ertz are out. Could be Agholor for same reason.

Ive got a ticket into support, but can someone else check Fanduel? It shows I have 3 pending entries into the $1 Thursday NFL Sweet Potato contest I didnt enter. Theyve got one of those filler winning ticket lineups full of practice squad players. Im all for free stuff, but theres no email about a promotion? Anyone else have these?

Ive got a ticket into support, but can someone else check Fanduel? It shows I have 3 pending entries into the $1 Thursday NFL Sweet Potato contest I didnt enter. Theyve got one of those filler winning ticket lineups full of practice squad players. Im all for free stuff, but theres no email about a promotion? Anyone else have these?
I have one.. Then again I entered a lineup last week into a contest that stated win or lose you get a free entry into the Thursday match-up..

Maybe you entered more then once into that one?? :shrug:

Happened to me with a MLB contest (and I don't play baseball at all). I ended up getting the email about the free entry a few hours later but was really confused at first as to why it showed I had an upcoming baseball entry.

Loipz said:

• Hoyer v NOLA
  • Yeldon v SDC
  • Rawls v PIT
  • Hopkins v NOLA
  • ODJ @ WAS
  • Amendola @ DEN
  • Walker v OAK
  • 4500 ... Novak/HOU

Can upgrade to Carr

Very similar thoughts.Also heath miller vs sea with big Ben and Seattle giving up so much to TEs on the season(top 4). I have cooks vs houston also. Amendola hurt his knee.

Hoyer

Yeldon

Rawls

OBJ

Hopkins

Cooks

Miller/Orange Julius

Boswell

Chiefs
Hope everyone managed ok last night despite the Amendola blown call TD; tackled at the 1 AND the knee injury.

I hear you on Miller. My thoughts on Walker are his having a plus match-up against OAK. They are not as bad as the early half of the season defending the TE ... sured up the defensive gap ... but, as Ten ATO alluded, Walker is all they have. For cash Walker presents a floor I am not so sure you get with Miller.

Agree on the SEA weakness versus the TE, as V McDonald just had a game to tell his grandkids about versus them. Will have to consider it but I think the targets ... just talking volume ... goes to Walker.

Had not looked at Cooks but have to pivot off Amendola. He is always hurt. Cannot trust any news coming out about him this week. Short week too.

Had not considered J Thomas either. Big game for the Jags, as they have a shot at winning that division, and a DOA Chargers team. Trap game but can see the Jags rolling, which is why I like Yeldon. Don't think the Jags blank around with D Robinson in short yardage and RZ work this week. My feeling is those player packages last Thursday night had a lot to do with Yeldon dinged and short week. Yeldon is another with consistent usage and a plus match-up. And his QB situation little more stable than what Allen will have in BAL.

Allen plus match-up but basically playing the Baltimore 2s versus the Cleveland 1s. There is a reason all those guys for Baltimore are second string and very assumptive to look at Cleveland's defensive statistics and chalk in Allen for "x" productivity. Allen is a solid young player but this is not the unicorn, pot of gold, cotton candy type match-up it appears. If anything, you look at Cleveland's skill position guys this week especially Benjamin and Gary B

C Johnson's value hinges on him scoring. That is a fancy a** offense and you're never sure what, when, who and where. Great match-up but he is not a lock. Folks are going to look at what Rawls did and project. Ellington and Johnson get time. They are aggressive in the RZ (pass). Not so sure on this one

S Ware/C West ... still have not looked at the line but the Pats couldn't do much on the ground. And they have a Brady and a Gronk. What does KC have? Don't like it. Do like the Bills coming in on a short week to play at Arrowhead ... tough place for visitors ... but not in love with this match-up. It indicates plus for KC RB but not going here. Have not looked at the total but my guess is that it is hovering around 40. The Chiefs do not have anyone at WR that is going to challenge that Bills secondary. They can play man all day; single high and lure Smith into passing. Going to be an ugly football game.

I can understand the converse game script of the Bills ... short week ... big loss ... let down game ... but I am still opting out of the KC RB this week

Coleman/Freeman ... not liking this either, when you can have Yeldon or Rawls

Rawls ... sort of like Amendola this past week. Don't get cute. Don't try to outsmart the herd. Loss leader with zero competition for touches in game that he will secure 20 plus opportunities. Plug him in. And this is a game I can see turning into a track meet. Lots of offense. Just a feeling.

WR ... OBJ and Hopkins. Love me some Julio but those first 2 have dream match-ups this weekend.

WR ... OBJ and Hopkins. Love me some Julio but those first 2 have dream match-ups this weekend.
I was just tinkering with a lineup containing all 3... not loving it though. Don't think I can pull the trigger.

McCown - cheap and playing BAL...boom or bust

Rawls

Droughn - not exciting, but could easily return value at only 5600

Hopkins

Jones

Beckham Jr

Thomas - (Bennett, Miller @ same price point)

Hopkins - pick a $4500 kicker...WAS/NYG could be high scoring, Novak, Prater could be other high scoring options

Colts - meh

Struggling with Hoyer vs McCown in my cash lineup. Hoyer probably has the higher floor, but I like what the extra $800 can upgrade at other positions. Plus, I like watching my winnings move up rather than down on Monday night (which I realize is probably not the best strategy in DFS).

I was just tinkering with a lineup containing all 3... not loving it though. Don't think I can pull the trigger.

McCown - cheap and playing BAL...boom or bust

Rawls

Droughn - not exciting, but could easily return value at only 5600

Hopkins

Jones

Beckham Jr

Thomas - (Bennett, Miller @ same price point)

Hopkins - pick a $4500 kicker...WAS/NYG could be high scoring, Novak, Prater could be other high scoring options

Colts - meh
GPP for sure. Why not?

Those guys are all pricey this week and basically you need a TD per guy in cash. I can see where using AD at RB1 and only one of those WR would also work. However, really hard to bypass both OBJ and Hopkins

Not finding a lot at other WR spots I like. Still need to sort out projected team totals and get into some defensive stats/match-ups

Having a hard time settling on a QB too. Hoyer ... maybe ... but Eli is tempting and not costly. My luck with him or any Pats players has been ... if I roster them, they have a horrible game; if I don't, great game ... and choking back some recency bias this week

Barnidge and Walker at TE, imo.

Hoyer and McCown both coming off of concussions? McCown has been cleared alot longer than Hoyer, but I always worry about a guy getting clocked in his first game back. Matchups are hard to put aside. Tough decision.

Barnidge and Walker at TE, imo.

Hoyer and McCown both coming off of concussions? McCown has been cleared alot longer than Hoyer, but I always worry about a guy getting clocked in his first game back. Matchups are hard to put aside. Tough decision.
Barnburner's numbers get a nice increase when McCown is back there.

As a Saints fan, I like Hoyer a lot. But I know that everybody else will also like him. What I don't know is what type of Saints defense steps on the field come Sunday. Still flat? Inspired? More disciplined?

For that reason I won't be too heavily invested in Houston. I'll still roll out a couple of Nuk/Hoyer lineups but I'm digging the McCown/Barnidge MNF stack a lot. And it's dirt cheap.

I've declared Thanksgiving "bankroll be damned" day. Added a bit of money to my account for the purpose of entering a bunch of Thursday only GPPs.

It's going to be the best Thanksgiving ever.

Ok not playing the Thursday only except for a $5 throw away in a big one. I am starting a few Thurs night - Sunday. Here is what I have there...

J McCown

Rawls

Yeldon

D Hopkins

Julio

Crabtree

D Walker

Catanzaro

Bengals

and

R Wilson

D Martin

Rawls

A Brown

ODB

S Johnson

J Reed

Crosby

KC

Good luck to anyone playing the Thursday slate and happy thanksgiving.

So now Rawls is Questionable(knee). I have him set in a dozen different lineups throughout all the different slates in about 85 contests, and I doubt if there's going to be alot of news flowing today. Ugh, this will be a pain in the butt.

So now Rawls is Questionable(knee). I have him set in a dozen different lineups throughout all the different slates in about 85 contests, and I doubt if there's going to be alot of news flowing today. Ugh, this will be a pain in the butt.
Yeah, I really don't want to pull him, would go to Buck Allen or Spencer Ware? I might take him out of one of my Thursday lineups to have a little safety.

He was a limited participant, not saying to play him but he's still likely to play at this point
I am going to keep him in one of my two lineups that are starting Thursday. I am going to use Ware in the lineup that I was using Russell Wilson. I like to diversify anyway and this gave me the push to do it. Thanks!

With West questionable I'm not comfortable with Ware either. I think Rawls will probably play, but can't take the chance on my Thursday-Monday cash lineups. Looks like Allen/Lacy for me, or I may revamp my WRs and go higher at RB now. Probably a combination of both, and then load up on Rawls in my Sunday-Monday lineups if he still looks like he'll play.

On this day I am thankful for the terrible Eagles defense that is making my overexposure to Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson today look like anything other than the degenerate decision it was.

On this day I am thankful for the terrible Eagles defense that is making my overexposure to Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson today look like anything other than the degenerate decision it was.
Yup. God bless Chip Kelly and his roster-building. Gimme a Stafford QB dive to really make this first game work.

Lol I don't think I'll salvage fading Stafford and also playing Murray even if Murray was so highly owned.

I need adams and Beasley to wake up from their slumber later today.

Definitely a gambling slate.

The bad news is 4 of 5 T-giving day LUs had Murray. The good news is that the 5th LU had just Stafford, Megatron and Theo. At least I still have one bullet left.

Good GPP lineup going for me in Thanksgiving.

Stafford

DMC

Lacy

Megatron

Tate

Beasley

Olsen

Prater

Packers

Mon-Thu Stafford/Calvin lineup is gonna pay off nicely. That's with pretty much crap around them too. If I had stuck with the Gano/Carolina duo that did great for me a week ago...damn

Mon-Thu Stafford/Calvin lineup is gonna pay off nicely. That's with pretty much crap around them too. If I had stuck with the Gano/Carolina duo that did great for me a week ago...damn
Same sentiments.

If I go Stafford I'd have been able to do Gano like I had and be sitting 2nd in the $25 $20k bomb with adams to go. Who so far looks to be the guy Rodgers likes again.

Much sadness.

The Panthers defense is going to keep me off a big hit. After two rough weeks its nice to hit it out of the park

Loipz said:
Bobcat10 said:
Same sentiments. If I go Stafford I'd have been able to do Gano like I had and be sitting 2nd in the $25 $20k bomb with adams to go. Who so far looks to be the guy Rodgers likes again.

Much sadness.
The problem with Adams is that he isn't very good. He's been given every chance to thrive by Rodgers and has repeatedly failed. 6 targets for 1 catch and 6 yards about sums it up.

Users who are viewing this thread