What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Father/Son Trip to Yankee Stadium (1 Viewer)

oso diablo

Footballguy
Just booked a trip to NYC with my two sons (ages 16 & 10) to see the Rangers play at Yankee Stadium in late June.

Any tips on getting tickets? Right now, the plan is to wait until much closer to game days to find something on stubhub.

Staying 4 nights at hotel in Manhattan (very close to ESB), so will have plenty of time to do touristy stuff. Here are some things i'm considering so far:

- Statue of Liberty

- 9/11 Memorial

- Broadway show

- Central Park (rent bikes?)

- Top of the Rock

- Museum of Natural History

- Intrepid Sea/Air/Space Museum

- Sony Wonder Tech Lab

getting to Yankee Stadium...

looks like we can just take the subway right to the park. is that the best idea?

:blackdot:

Heading there in April to catch a game as well. Staying by Times Square, planning to take the Subway to the game. I did so from Brooklyn a couple years back without issue.

looks like we can just take the subway right to the park. is that the best idea?
Yes. A thousand - nay, million times - yes.

Check out the New York thread (I'll link when not on my phone) for a lot of info and locals advice.

Mets in town at that time by chance? Unlikely but worth asking.

Btw, Go RANGERS

Bogart should join you

Yes, definitely... no real tips on seats, I really like Section 104/105 in the right field seats.... if you get Row 10 seats, you are in the first row, strangely, great seat that wont be as pricey as the moat. Subway there is fine, lots of cabs after if you would rather going home.

As for NYC, you are hitting all the major beats, maybe a dinner in the village or east village to get a little of that feel and flare.... ditto brooklyn if you're into that kind of thing, 10 might be young.

Would recommend the high line as a cool spot too.... little more New Yorky than the other stuff... could do that after the WTC site. Also recommend hitting Artichoke Pizza at 16th and 10th if you do ti.

We can talk more as the time comes

Absolutely take the subway. And get there early enough to see monument park. Otherwise it's a pretty soulless monument to greed.

Natural History and the Met are always at the top of my museum recommendations.

Governor's Island is always a cool place to visit, and its free.

just had a good friend offer up his company tickets to the Mets/Cubs game that Thursday. So we might try to do the NY double-header with Rangers/Yankees at noon, then the nightcap at Shea Citifield

starting to look at tickets on stubhub for Yankees/Rangers series in late June.

any suggestions on best areas for seats? want to be able to see ok (hate very high sections like the 400 level) and take in the Yankee Stadium atmosphere without breaking the bank.

examples of what is currently available:

- Section 113, row 17, $96

- 200 level (past the infield), ~$65-70

- 300 level (past the infield), ~$50

- OF bleachers, $15

You're not going to get much in the way of Yankee Stadium atmosphere for a weekday game against the Rangers, unfortunately. There just isn't much atmosphere at all in the new stadium outside of games against the Red Sox or a weekend game maybe against Baltimore, where you might get some in the bleachers.

I would just focus on bang for the buck, and you'll do much better than those prices as it gets closer. Also allows you to better plan for potential weather. 

Last edited by a moderator:
i have been to yankee stadium once. i will not go to yankee stadium twice. atmosphere is highly over rated and i went to watch them play the red sox. i used to live in nyc and i am a jets fan, a yankees fan i am not. go mets.

I've sat in a few different areas at Yankee Stadium, and I think the bleachers are the best bang for your buck.  The entire upper deck slopes back too fast so you feel really far away from the action.  The seats with special clubs are pretty pricey and the main benefit is getting access to spend on better food options.  Lower deck infield isn't anything special.  And while I've yet to sit in the Legends Seats, the stories I've heard don't exactly seem like they're worth anything near their price.  

Meanwhile, the bleachers (the ones without obstructed view mind you) are close enough to still feel like you're in the game and has all the basics you'd want for a ballgame.  I'd just save the money on the seats, you'll give it all back in concessions anyway.

I've sat in a few different areas at Yankee Stadium, and I think the bleachers are the best bang for your buck.  The entire upper deck slopes back too fast so you feel really far away from the action.  The seats with special clubs are pretty pricey and the main benefit is getting access to spend on better food options.  Lower deck infield isn't anything special.  And while I've yet to sit in the Legends Seats, the stories I've heard don't exactly seem like they're worth anything near their price.  

Meanwhile, the bleachers (the ones without obstructed view mind you) are close enough to still feel like you're in the game and has all the basics you'd want for a ballgame.  I'd just save the money on the seats, you'll give it all back in concessions anyway.
Yep and he'll get the true NY experience when he has a beer dropped oh him, gets into a fight and a transvestite hits on his son.

My seats are in 420A and I can see the whole field perfectly, and I've never felt like I'm too far away from the action. Face value is $28 so I think it's a great value. Bleachers are inexpensive and they USED to be awesome in the old place, but there are so many with obstructed view now that it lost a lot of luster. You also used to feel like you were on your own planet back then with a wild west feel to it like anything could happen, really added to the atmosphere.

Also, I live in NJ so I usually drive in, but if I was coming from Manhattan I'd take the subway 100% of the time.

:blackdot:

Heading there in April to catch a game as well. Staying by Times Square, planning to take the Subway to the game. I did so from Brooklyn a couple years back without issue.
rodg, have you already taken your trip? would be interested in your report when done.

rodg, have you already taken your trip? would be interested in your report when done.
In the middle of it right now!! Going to Yankee Stadium tonight. Couple quick thoughts...Statue of Liberty with Pedestal access is awesome. Top of the Rock at 7:30 to see end of daylight and lights at night is also awesome. Buy Yankees tickets on Yankees Ticket Exchange for discount.

Users who are viewing this thread