What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 WSL 1 Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

WR heavy.
Last year's WSLs, through 2 rounds: WSL1 13 RB / 15 WR, WSL2 12 / 14.

WSL1 through 2 rounds this year: 7 RB, 24 WR.

I think maybe there's a name for that ...
True. When it came to my 2nd pick I gave a lot of thought to Doug Martin. But with Evans on board I just wasn't sure I wanted to put that much into the Tampa offense. I like Landry a lot in PPR, so the pick was somewhat easy. Though I did consider both Benjamin and Olsen.

WR heavy.
Last year's WSLs, through 2 rounds: WSL1 13 RB / 15 WR, WSL2 12 / 14.

WSL1 through 2 rounds this year: 7 RB, 24 WR.

I think maybe there's a name for that ...
Ha - I wrote down 15-20 Wr's thinking I'd be in that range then said screw it and went Martin....

I also figured on another TE or 2 going and maybe a QB or 2...

Cam was just too tempting - again screw it - He put up a ton of points... I'll just have to think about goin 1 QB / 1 Te and draft a boat load of WR's later on...Back in the day I'd be like "Whoa, you can't go TE AND QB" early and still survive but 20 rounds, avoid holes and light it up at QB/TE, we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.07 - Leveon Bell - happy about this pick, easily the highest on my board

2.10 - Martavis Bryant - Not thrilled with going with another Steeler due to bye concerns...I like Bryant's big play ability for this format and my overall strategy

3.07 - Carlos Hyde - one of the few RBs that I was comfortable with as my #2, I think he's a great fit for Kelly's offense and he'll prove to be one of the value plays at RB next year.

I was hoping Charles' age and knee would scare him to me in the 2nd round. IMO, there is a bunch of uncertainty at the RB position for next year especially this early in the offseason (part of what makes these drafts fun). Other than a few RBs WR is looking like the much safer pick for the first 2 rounds this year.

apparently I'm going Florida heavy.

Mike Evans

Jarvis Landry

TJ Yeldon

:thumbup:

ETA: was tempted to add another Florida player, but decided to take the somewhat safe Big Ben (barring injury, he's a virtual lock for top 5).

Happy with the start.

Julio Jones - many targets meet excellent athleticism, love watching this guy play. Would have taken Antonio Brown, but preferred JJ over Gronkowski in survivor.

Calvin Johnson - must be tough playing for the Lions, but don't believe he will retire. Risky sure, but getting him at WR23 is a bargain, if he plays.

Greg Olsen - love this guy and Cam Newton. Expect the Carolina passing game to continue to improve and even with K Benjamin back, plenty of targets for Olsen.

Not surprised by the lack of early and often RB picks, but really happy with these three considering the decreased RB picks.

Interesting draft. Considered continuing with another TE, but decided to take the best values I saw at the 3/4 turn.

Andrew Luck should not have made it to here, as he is #1 or #2 on my board and comparable to Cam. He was the #1 QB in 2014.

Maclin as WR24 is a good value in my book. Granted I have two Chiefs now, but oh well - we get plenty of picks and I'm not taking Kelce (gone) so that's fine by me to have to KC Chiefs for now in a West Coast offense.

QB - Luck

RB - Charles

WR - B. Marshall, J. Maclin

In my mind, that's two first round guys (Luck, Charles), a Top 10 WR (Marshall) and an underrated WR2 (Maclin). Good start. We'll see how this rounds out in the next four rounds.

1.07 - Leveon Bell - happy about this pick, easily the highest on my board

2.10 - Martavis Bryant - Not thrilled with going with another Steeler due to bye concerns...I like Bryant's big play ability for this format and my overall strategy

3.07 - Carlos Hyde - one of the few RBs that I was comfortable with as my #2, I think he's a great fit for Kelly's offense and he'll prove to be one of the value plays at RB next year.

4.10 - Matt Forte - One of the few RBs left that I trust to make it through the season, not an exciting pick, but does get receptions

Looks like I'm going more RB heavy than everybody else...will be interesting to see how that plays out

Mike Evans

Jarvis Landry

TJ Yeldon

ETA: was tempted to add another Florida player, but decided to take the somewhat safe Big Ben (barring injury, he's a virtual lock for top 5).
Overall a bit more risk than I usually like, but as they say "UPSIDE!"

QB: Ben Roethlisberger

RB: TJ Yeldon

RB: Dion Lewis

WR: Mike Evans

WR: Jarvis Landry

WR:

TE:

Apologies for the duplicate pick of Edelman. Am away from home since early Friday and tracking manually only. Just flat out missed marking him off the list.

Nice pace on the draft, appreciate everyone keeping in touch. My attempt at Edelman and subsequent choice of Matthews was heavily influenced by the Calvin Johnson additional retirement news. May be tough to speak accurately after the fact, but how early would some of you taken him?

RB - J. Hill

WR - Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, Jordan Matthews

TE - Olsen

Apologies for the duplicate pick of Edelman. Am away from home since early Friday and tracking manually only. Just flat out missed marking him off the list.

Nice pace on the draft, appreciate everyone keeping in touch. My attempt at Edelman and subsequent choice of Matthews was heavily influenced by the Calvin Johnson additional retirement news. May be tough to speak accurately after the fact, but how early would some of you taken him?

RB - J. Hill

TE - Olsen
I wouldn't have touched Calvin until after round 10 based on the SP thread that's been up for 3-4 weeks.

RB - J. Hill

TE - Olsen
I wouldn't have touched Calvin until after round 10 based on the SP thread that's been up for 3-4 weeks.
I had Calvin penciled in at the 3/4 turn in early MFL10s based in the SP rumor thread. I figured that would be the point where it would be worth the risk, but that he would be gone by then in most drafts. I was considering him here with my 3rd pick.

1.11 Davonta Freeman RB ATL

2.05 Jordy Nelson GB

4.05 Emmanuel Sanders DEN

5.11 Michael Floyd ARZ

3.11 Travis Kelce KC

1. Freeman: lots of touches with receptions.....showed he could handle heavy workload.....

2. Nelson: don't expect him to miss a beat...

3. Kelce: pretty big part of the offense, I expect TD's to increase....

4. Sanders: really good football player on a good team....think last year is the floor

5. Floyd: dropoff at WR looming IMO....

1.05 Adrian Peterson RB1

2.12 Julian Edelman WR21

3.05 Mark Ingram RB8

4.12 Golden Tate WR29

5.05 Carson Palmer QB9

I've done three of these so far, and haven't made it past week 3 in any of them, so played it a bit conservative.

Took AP in Round 1 cause I just didn't trust any of the other RBs. Obviously was hoping for any of the top 4 to fall, and just didn't quite have enough faith in Hopkins to take him over AP, though knowing the WR run that was coming certainly would have pushed me towards Nuke.

I was pretty happy with Edelman in the 2nd. At WR21, there's not quite the top 5-7 upside as some of the WRs taken just ahead of him, but feel good he'll significantly outperform WR21 on a weekly basis.

Was torn between Ingram and Maclin in the 3rd. Really didn't want 2 RBs in first 3 picks, but figured Maclin's production would be more easily replacable. Would have taken Walker if he lasted one more pick.

Was looking for Brady in the 4th. Took Tate based on the Calvin Johnson news. Still chance that Tate doesn't end up as the top receiver there, but given how he's performed when Calvin was out, worth the risk. Unfortunately, completely missed having Gordon on my board, so huge miss there.

Carson in the 5th is a bit uninspiring. Just looked to get a QB I trust before any type of QB run occurs.

Overall, not too ecstatic about my draft so far, but feel my team is solid. Probably would have preferred sliding down to the bottom over drafting 5th.

1. ODB--he's good

2. Hilton--would have been a top-15 WR if Luck doesn't get hurt. Only entering his fourth year...solid pick considering all of the WR talent flying off the board.

3. Walker--led survivor league TEs in scoring, despite missing a week. 94 catches in 2 points-per will do that...see no reason why he won't continue to get targeted heavily.

4. Gordon--floor of zero, #1 overall upside...well worth the risk in the late 4th.

5. Bortles--I freaking love ARob and will gladly take the guy who gets to throw him passes. #3 QB in survivor leagues in his second year...solid floor with upside and protects me from having to worry about taking a QB with major question marks, as there are several teams looking at potenial offseason QB changes.

1.16 Jeff Pasquino - Jamaal Charles, KC RB6

2.01 Jeff Pasquino- Brandon Marshall, NYJ WR10

3.16 Jeff Pasquino - Andrew Luck INDY QB2

4.01 Jeff Pasquino - Jeremy Maclin KC WR26

5.16 Jeff Pasquino - Julius Thomas JAX TE9

6.01 Jeff Pasquino - Jeremy Langford CHI RB24
Quick rundown.

Loved getting Charles where I got him, as I mentioned before.

Marshall is a TD machine for the Jets, like him as a solid WR1 with good floor each week.

Luck is a #1 QB and was just that in 2014. I think he is a Top 3 QB that will be overlooked due to injury.

Maclin is a solid WR2.

Last two picks are interesting.

Julius Thomas - I nearly took him last turn, but I thought he might slip and he did. The guy was TE15 in just 12 games last year, and JAX is coming on as an offense.

46-455-5 in 12 games. Hard to say "if he just stays healthy" as he never seems to do that, but on a PPG basis he is a solid option as a TE1.

Jeremy Langford is a bet on Matt Forte not re-signing in Chicago, and Langford taking over as the RB1 for the Bears.

Both players were Top 12 at their position in the second half of the season, so I think both are good picks at the 5/6 turn.

1.16 Jeff Pasquino - Jamaal Charles, KC RB6

2.01 Jeff Pasquino- Brandon Marshall, NYJ WR10

3.16 Jeff Pasquino - Andrew Luck INDY QB2

4.01 Jeff Pasquino - Jeremy Maclin KC WR26

5.16 Jeff Pasquino - Julius Thomas JAX TE9

6.01 Jeff Pasquino - Jeremy Langford CHI RB24
Quick rundown.

Loved getting Charles where I got him, as I mentioned before.

Marshall is a TD machine for the Jets, like him as a solid WR1 with good floor each week.

Luck is a #1 QB and was just that in 2014. I think he is a Top 3 QB that will be overlooked due to injury.

Maclin is a solid WR2.

Last two picks are interesting.

Julius Thomas - I nearly took him last turn, but I thought he might slip and he did. The guy was TE15 in just 12 games last year, and JAX is coming on as an offense.

46-455-5 in 12 games. Hard to say "if he just stays healthy" as he never seems to do that, but on a PPG basis he is a solid option as a TE1.

Jeremy Langford is a bet on Matt Forte not re-signing in Chicago, and Langford taking over as the RB1 for the Bears.

Both players were Top 12 at their position in the second half of the season, so I think both are good picks at the 5/6 turn.
Was debating between Gordon and Langford when I picked. Felt it was a coin flip. If Langford would have fallen back to me, I would have been all over him.

Brees

DMurray

Jeffrey, Allen, Fitzgerald

Ertz

Was surprised at a few of the QBs that went before Brees. Strong WR core if healthy. Need some work at RB.

Brees

DMurray

Jeffrey, Allen, Fitzgerald

Ertz

Was surprised at a few of the QBs that went before Brees. Strong WR core if healthy. Need some work at RB.
Think this is my favorite team so far. Tremendous amount of value fell to you the past 3 rounds, and for waiting on RB you could do a lot worse as your RB1 than Murray.

Mike Evans

Jarvis Landry

TJ Yeldon

WR:

TE: Gary Barnidge
like the rest of you I presume, I was reluctant to take the one year "wonder", I don't know why he didn't break out before 2015 but Gary looks like a TE1 for sure. Especially if the Cleveland QB improves.

Mike Evans

Jarvis Landry

TJ Yeldon

WR:

like the rest of you I presume, I was reluctant to take the one year "wonder", I don't know why he didn't break out before 2015 but Gary looks like a TE1 for sure. Especially if the Cleveland QB improves.
I'm really surprised that he lasted as long as he did. I nearly pulled the trigger last round but just couldn't stomach having two of my top selections from the Browns passing attack.

Potential steal for you.

Thanks for the kind words on my team, but it is still all a crapshoot somewhat at this point of the year. Who knows if the Bears draft someone to supplant Langford or put him in a timeshare.

As for Gary Barnidge vs. Julius Thomas - I thought about both, but I like the QB situation better in JAX than CLE (how's that for a debate prior to this year? Go Blake!).

I like going for guys who lost some time early in the prior year due to injury, but had a strong second half. Those are the guys usually overlooked.

I have Thomas in a different tier than Barnidge...way too many question marks around Barnidge to have them valued close to each other.

IMHO, Barnidge is an early candidate for most overvalued and Julius most undervalued.

I have Thomas in a different tier than Barnidge...way too many question marks around Barnidge to have them valued close to each other.

IMHO, Barnidge is an early candidate for most overvalued and Julius most undervalued.
as TE11? I'd hardly call that overvalued.

QB - Brady

RB - McCoy

RB - Stewart

WR - Hopkins

WR - Cooks

WR - S Smith

WR - Diggs

Playing it safe in the first half of the draft. Vet RBs with adverse conditions for being cut and WRs on rookie contracts playing for the huge extension. Then Steve Smith, never going to write him off again.

QB - Brady

RB - McCoy

RB - Stewart

WR - Hopkins

WR - Cooks

WR - S Smith

WR - Diggs

Playing it safe in the first half of the draft. Vet RBs with adverse conditions for being cut and WRs on rookie contracts playing for the huge extension. Then Steve Smith, never going to write him off again.
Probably my favorite squad, nice job here.

******* warning: long read*********

I like to learn from past mistakes as well as things that went right, so took a look back at this draft last year....I ended up winning this league, not sure how....

(Draft Spot 16) (1 Immunity Week 4)

6.01 Tom Brady QB(9) NE

19.16 Ryan Fitzpatrick QB(32) HOU

Brady felt like serious value at the 5/6 turn and QB9 should be his floor. Brady is a red zone beast and has the best weapon in football. Fitzpatrick is still under contract in HOU and could be starter. If not sounds like some teams are interested in aquiring him. Hoping I don't pay the price for waiting on QB2, but Brady should keep me in the mix.

How it turned out:

Brady 482.40 QB2

Fitz 420.25 QB9

so Brady was Brady, but Fitz going to NYJ helped Team Ref....used Fitz 7 times...including 3 out of the lat 4 weeks....so both outplayed their draft position pretty easily and in terms of actually winning down the stretch..... Fitz may have actually been more valuable even though Brady got me there....

lesson learned: even the 19th pick of the draft can be very important in this format

3.16 Latavius Murray RB(18) OAK
4.01 Tre Mason RB(19) STL

9.16 Devonta Freeman RB(44) ATL

10.01 Christine Michael RB(45) SEA

Man I rolled the dice here. Everytime the turn came up I said to myself I need to add more here but just couldn't do it. Real big weakness here, but if Murray and Mason end up being the real deal, I could be ok if they stay healthy. At some point later in the draft, I just said screw it, I'mm gonna run with these guys. I like Freeman as an RB3 with RB1 potential depending on how things shake out. I have gone back and forth on Lynch's situation, but either way, Michael should see some PT. If Lynch retires or goes elswhere, I got some gold, otherwise this group is not real strong. I expect big things from Murray, more of the same from Mason, an arrow pointing up for Freeman and either a wasted pick or a top 5 back in Michael.

How it turned out:

Murray 206.80 RB10

Mason 53.50 RB77

Freeman 320.40 RB1

Michael 28.90 RB102

I never once used Michael and I used used Mason twice (once when Freeman was on bye and the other time when Freeman was hurt)....3 of these guys shared the same bye week and luckily Freeman went off for 35+ that week....Murray stayed healthy and outperformed his draft spot.....god what I could have done with that 4th round pick of Mason....but obviously Freeman did the heavy lifting finishing as RB1 after being drafted as RB44 in the 9th....would like to say I saw that coming but total luck although I did say RB starter type numbers depending on how it shook out.....turns out it shook out ok...my 9-10 was Freeman/Michael....what a difference in ONE draft spot.....

lesson learned: luck helps....and you can win this thing with bare bones if they stay healthy....ok to roll dice on certain situations (Freeman with SJax in decline) and it can pay off, but not something I would hang my hat on all the time....

1.16 Calvin Johnson WR(7) DET
2.01 A.J. Green WR(8) CIN

7.15 Davante Adams WR(45) GB

8.01 Percy Harvin WR(46) NYJ

11.16 Justin Blackmon WR(64) JAC

12.01 Cody Latimer WR(65) DEN

17.16 Cole Beasley WR(84) DAL

With two solid guys at the top I swung for the fences on pretty much every other pick other than Beasley (who I was happy to add late). Cobb or no Cobb Adams could be a solid pick and outperform WR45. Harvin a decent pick in best ball and I think he has a better year than last year. Blackmon could put this group over the top and again with CJ and Green on board he is worth the risk that late. Julius Thomas and Welker should both be gone opening the door for Latamer and he could be a steal. Beasley seems to have carved out that Welkian, Edelman, Hartlinian type of receiver role and adds some week to week stability to the risk of the guys above him. I might need some monster weeks here to cover my RB's.

How it turned out:

Johnson 263.40 WR12

Green 275.70 WR8

Adams 104.30 WR68

Harvin 49.90 WR109

Blackmon 0

Latimer 18.0 WR156

Beasley 135.60 WR50

used Green every week, CJ 13, Adams 8, Beasley 7, Harvin 3, Latimer 1 (the week he scored his only TD and one of his 6 catches on the year).....doughnut from Blackmon didn't cost me, nor did Latimer, but what a terrible 11-12 turn that was.....what I thought was a strength with this group almost turned into a liability as I really missed on all my swings for the fences....Green was steady enough and Beasley and Adams kind of ham an egged a WR3 score....so really I only had 4 guys here most of the year....in week 6 I only posted 2 WR's scores and in week 7 I only posted 1 WR score (19 from CJ)....as it turned out my RB's helped carry my WR's instead of vice versa....Beasley only player to outperform his draft position in this group....

lesson learned: what may seem like a perceived weakness at time could end up being a strength and vice versa.....and you can survive brutal weeks and zeros at a position on occasion....and I should have let Bass have Harvin....

5.16 Jordan Reed TE(11) WAS

16.01 Richard Rodgers TE(30) GB

20.01 Owen Daniels TE(37) FA

Decided to add TE3 instead of RB5 at the last turn when I saw Daniels still available. There was some discussion about Pitta and Daniels in one of the threads and I intentionally did not comment on Daniels while chiming in a little on Pitta. I was targeting Daniels late, but never thought I would be able to get him in the last round. I think Pitta is done, but I took Daniels more on a feeling that I think there is a real good chance he ends up in DEN. I think Daniels actually has some bargaining power here as BAL would probably love to bring him back with or without Pitta (insurance), but with Julius Thomas probably leaving DEN, there will be a need for a pass ctaching TE in a Peyton Manning offense. Think I saw somewhere that Daniels has always been on a team with Kubiak. Whoever the TE in DEN ends up being, will put up some fantasy points. Quite honestly, IMO there may be a better chance that Daniels is in DEN than there is they resign Julius. Julius will want too much money. Anyway, I rolled the dice that in a 2 PPR TE league, what Daniels may add to this team week to week will be more than an RB5 for me. Reed and Rodgers were a decent combo, but some question marks.

How it turned out:

Reed 335.20 TE2

Rodgers 216.10 TE11

Daniels 161.70 TE22

All these guys outplayed their draft position pretty significantly.....only used Daniels twice, and Rodgers 5 times, so Reed carried the load and really may have my "best pick of the draft" because the feeman pick and even Fitzpatrick were not really something you saw coming, but I did kind of hang my hat on Reed in the 5th and not backing him up until the 16th round....he made up some ground for me on the field each week......

lesson learned: I probably could have survived without Daniels so RB5 may have been the way to go.....as it turns out, while Rodgers only scored for me 5 times, as TE11, at least he wasn't scoring each week for somebody else....TE's with good/great QB's are worth a sniff......hitting on a TE that kind of breaks out can be a huge deal in these leagues....

14.01 Dan Bailey PK(3) DAL

15.16 Nick Folk PK(23) NYJ

Huge Bailey fan, thought about riding solo, but didn't think this team could afford any automatic donuts. Folk always seems to outperform his draft position.

How it turned out:

Bailey 115.00 PK12

Folk 58.00 PK 33

used Folk 4 out of the 8 weeks he played before losing him for the year....Bailey did just enough to keep me above water....no real lesson here....hmmmmmmm

13.16 Detroit Lions DST(14)

18.01 New Orleans Saints DST (30)

Love DET DST, looks like they really want Suh back. Two dome teams, some noise......meh.

How it turned out:

DET 103.00 DST20

NOS 94.00 DST27

while DET outscored NOS I actually used NOS 11 times in 17 weeks.....only 6 times did I get more than 10 points from my DST with the highest being 19 one week.....hmmmmmm

lesson learned: can really maybe wait here

Overall: Need Brady to have a big year and for the cards to fall right at RB. WR should be solid, but I probably could have afforded to lose a body in the middle of the draft here if it would have meant adding another RB who could have at least contributed a little. However, if that RB group shakes out in my favor, the dice roll could pay off in a big way. If I can get Murray and Mason to make a leap and both out play their 18/19 draft spot I could be on to something. Not my best effort here, but it could be worse.

How it turned out (Overall):

Chicken Dinner.....some how.....QB situation/timing worked in my favor, especially down the stretch.....Freeman and Reed did the heavy lifting and not sure about the official numbers but I would assume Freeman was SOD and MVP in terms of outplaying draft position....was able to win with basically 2 RB's, 2.5 WR's, 1.5 TE's, 1 PK and almost nothing at DST, while the timing of the QB's played out right.....I didn't look back and see where I barely made the cut each week (I'm sure there may have been several times), so while the Mason's, Latimer's, Harvin's, Daniels, Folk's, and DST's of the world may not have shown any impact in the final numbers, even their little contributions may have saved my bacon in there somewhere....

2 top 10 QB's, 2 top 10 RB's, 2 top 12 WR's, 2 top 11 TE's......and not much else.....might have been more of a ham and egg dinner than chicken......

apologies for a long boring read, but each year, no matter what league I am in, I usually try to take a look back and see where I hit and missed....good luck this year

:banned:

QB - Brady

RB - McCoy

RB - Stewart

WR - Hopkins

WR - Cooks

WR - S Smith

WR - Diggs

Probably my favorite squad, nice job here.
Might be my least favorite. Smith was a huge reach that early. Diggs helps cover it. Stewart doesn't offer much over numerous backs yet to be drafted. McCoy is risky IMO.

Enjoyed the read Ref. Congrats on your chicken dinner.

The one thing I've noticed when I've won or done well in these is that one or two players usually drive the bus and those guys getting hot late is the key. Reed won a bunch of people titles last year if they were able to get to the playoffs. Freeman got a bunch of people to the playoffs.

Overvalued may not be the right word. He's probably in the 10-15 range. But of that range, I think he has the highest chance of sucking eggs. Seemed to be a perfect storm for him last year. So I just don't think he comes close to approaching those numbers again. Then again, raise your hand if you thought Walker and Reed would be the top 2 TEs...so wtf knows?

I did think about him at my last pick but felt it was still a round or two early for me.

How it turned out (Overall):

Chicken Dinner.....some how.....QB situation/timing worked in my favor, especially down the stretch.....Freeman and Reed did the heavy lifting and not sure about the official numbers but I would assume Freeman was SOD and MVP in terms of outplaying draft position....was able to win with basically 2 RB's, 2.5 WR's, 1.5 TE's, 1 PK and almost nothing at DST, while the timing of the QB's played out right.....I didn't look back and see where I barely made the cut each week (I'm sure there may have been several times), so while the Mason's, Latimer's, Harvin's, Daniels, Folk's, and DST's of the world may not have shown any impact in the final numbers, even their little contributions may have saved my bacon in there somewhere....

2 top 10 QB's, 2 top 10 RB's, 2 top 12 WR's, 2 top 11 TE's......and not much else.....might have been more of a ham and egg dinner than chicken......

apologies for a long boring read, but each year, no matter what league I am in, I usually try to take a look back and see where I hit and missed....good luck this year

:banned:
I'll tell you somehow. Me not having Edelman, Blount, Lynch and Beckham (for a game). The WRs especially hurt, as I then had to "start" DGB, Chris Matthews and Albert Wilson. :rant:

The one thing I've noticed when I've won or done well in these is that one or two players usually drive the bus and those guys getting hot late is the key. Reed won a bunch of people titles last year if they were able to get to the playoffs. Freeman got a bunch of people to the playoffs.
Thanks Ref for the comparison post. Enjoyed the read!

Overvalued may not be the right word. He's probably in the 10-15 range. But of that range, I think he has the highest chance of sucking eggs. Seemed to be a perfect storm for him last year. So I just don't think he comes close to approaching those numbers again. Then again, raise your hand if you thought Walker and Reed would be the top 2 TEs...so wtf knows?

I did think about him at my last pick but felt it was still a round or two early for me.
I have him #18 making him the most overvalued of any top 20 TE.

I have him #18 making him the most overvalued of any top 20 TE.
:shrug: you could be right, but I'd bet on him being somewhere between #18 and #4 where he was last year. So #11 seems about right.

QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Tyrod Taylor

WR: Reuben Randle

Not a fan of Randle, but he seemed like good value as the 49th WR off the board. He has more talent than effort, which is never a good thing, but even without him performing to his potential he was the 33rd WR last year. I don't know if he'd do better elsewhere.

Wanted Mariota but will settle for tt as my backup to Ben. In previous drafts I've waited too long on qb, either backup or starter, and it's cost me. I think Taylor can be Russell light, and he has a good offense with which to work.

8 rounds deep

QB - Aaron Rodgers

RB - Lat. Murray, Matt Jones, Gio Bernard

WR - Allen Robinson, DeMaryious Thomas, Tyler Lockett

TE - Eric Ebron

QB

Stafford

Fairly decent value for later QB. Will be interesting to see his production if Johnson does actually retire, but it may not take too much of a hit because he may actually be better spreading the ball.

RB

Lacy

Gordon

Lynch

Plenty of questions here, but there aren't very many RBs that don't have questions this early in the offseason. Lynch could be the biggest thing that makes or breaks this group and my whole team at this point.

WR

Cooper

Green

White

Green is about as safe of a pick as there was at my point in the first round. Hopefully Cooper continues his ascent and White bounces back from injury. I think Jeffery's presence or not in Chicago will be the biggest factor on White's possible success this season.

TE

Graham

Plenty of questions surrounding Graham including coming back from injury and possible fit in scheme in his 2nd year. I was not high on Graham last year, but I have a feeling he could come back to form if he is able to come back from injury without setbacks.

Plenty of question marks so far (very few players don't this time of year), but very much some upside in this roster. Feels like either a very early exit or very deep run.

QB: Tony Romo

QB: Jay Cutler

RB: Leveon Bell

RB: Carlos Hyde

RB: Matt Forte

WR: Martavis Bryant

WR: Anquan Boldin

TE: Austin Sefarian Jenkins

Thanks Ref for the comparison post. Enjoyed the read!
Agreed, good read.

Always interesting to look back.

QB - Dalton, Cousins

RB - Elliot, Henry, Booker

WR - Brown, Baldwin, Treadwell

TE - Reed

This is what happens when you play too much college football dfs. First four rookies off the board.

Users who are viewing this thread