What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

cheesesteaks are called CHEESTEAKS not philly cheesesteaks. (1 Viewer)

navenraven

Footballguy
in the tri state area a cheesesteak is called a cheesesteak.

everyone out of the tri state area calls it a PHILLY CHEESESTEAK.

ITS NOT ####### CALLED THAT!!! :wall:

You make a convincing argument, but I'm going to wait for Gurf to weigh in on the question.

So uh, what if they are trying to differentiate Philly cheesteaks from say Omaha cheesteaks or Tucson cheesteaks?

Lots of idiots order Buffalo Wings. In Buffalo, we call them chicken wings. You're not eating Buffalo meat and they don't even have wings anyway, dummies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of idiots order Buffalo Wings. In Buffalo, we call them chicken wings. You're not eating Buffalo meat and they don't even have wings anyway, dummies.
Counter: If I get Anchor Bar Wings in the Venetian food court, can I still call them Buffalo Wings?

The last cheesesteak I had was memorable. Took my son to Philly in the summer of 2009 for a vaca. First thing I did was bring him to Pat's in South Philly. It was about 100 degrees and I was hot, hungry and miserable, waiting in a very long line in the blazing sun. This big, loud, sweaty obnoxious New Yorker comes up in line behind me, totally invading my personal space and talking my ear off. I move away from him, act disinterested, but the ####er just keeps talking to me. He won't get the message that I want to be left alone. Then some guys come over and ask for his autograph. I ask the guy who was with him who he is. He says "Rex Ryan, the new head coach of the Jets".

The last cheesesteak I had was memorable. Took my son to Philly in the summer of 2009 for a vaca. First thing I did was bring him to Pat's in South Philly. It was about 100 degrees and I was hot, hungry and miserable, waiting in a very long line in the blazing sun. This big, loud, sweaty obnoxious New Yorker comes up in line behind me, totally invading my personal space and talking my ear off. I move away from him, act disinterested, but the ####er just keeps talking to me. He won't get the message that I want to be left alone. Then some guys come over and ask for his autograph. I ask the guy who was with him who he is. He says "Rex Ryan, the new head coach of the Jets".
Was he talking about feet?

These are too far away for me to purchase.

Does anyone have an authentic homerecipe?
Step 1, get a big flat-top griddle and a heavy flat metal spatula.Step 2, get a greasy fat guy to sweat all over your griddle and bread, and then scrape your outdoor grill off and put whatever comes off onto the griddle to mix with the sweat.

Step 3, scrape the crust off the griddle with the spatula, and wipe it down with a filthy rag.

Then make a cheese steak on that griddle.

Step 1, get a big flat-top griddle and a heavy flat metal spatula.Step 2, get a greasy fat guy to sweat all over your griddle and bread, and then scrape your outdoor grill off and put whatever comes off onto the griddle to mix with the sweat.

Step 3, scrape the crust off the griddle with the spatula, and wipe it down with a filthy rag.

I dont have an outdoor griddle.

Can i broil it?

I dont have an outdoor griddle.

Can i broil it?
If you'd like to somehow make a cheese steak worse, that sounds like a way to do it.

In China, they just call it food.
Spock, you into fantasy baseball at all? If so, join our back to the future league int he baseball forum. Draft a team now, AFTER the season we play a WIS Sim season with that team. Pretty fun, solid crew... not Larryboy vs. Nipsey level shtick, but good times.

Spock, you into fantasy baseball at all? If so, join our back to the future league int he baseball forum. Draft a team now, AFTER the season we play a WIS Sim season with that team. Pretty fun, solid crew... not Larryboy vs. Nipsey level shtick, but good times.
Thanks for the invite... and those were good times back in the day. But for some reason I just don't get into fantasy sports anymore.

I prefer to call it a hot beef sandwich with melted cheese, onions and peppers. No need to get all judgy.

Thanks for the invite... and those were good times back in the day. But for some reason I just don't get into fantasy sports anymore.
Fair enough.

Was a long time back. Ah, youth.

Who cares what anyone calls it? They suck.

Lets just all agree to call them #### on a bun.

Its not even cheese. They should call it processed cheese type food with overcooked, dried out beef like meat product on a bun.

There's no Chicken Parmigiana in Italy either.

Blows peoples minds I tell ya.
LOVED that movie. Parmigiana that is.

The subtle twists and turns of working at the Pizza/Italian place, the interplay between the mexican pizza makers and the salvadorian cooks in the drug fueled underworld of Parmigiana.

in the tri state area a cheesesteak is called a cheesesteak.

everyone out of the tri state area calls it a PHILLY CHEESESTEAK.

ITS NOT ####### CALLED THAT!!! :wall:
No one out of the tri state area uses the term tri state area.
First, what ####### "Tri State Area" are you talking about?

Because unless NYC is the center, you are wrong. YWIA.

Its not even cheese. They should call it processed cheese type food with overcooked, dried out beef like meat product on a bun.
I never eat fast food but damned if I'm going to Philly and not getting a cheesesteak. That's like going to Chicago and not getting a deep dish pizza.

Users who are viewing this thread