What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Groupon Account Hacked - Any Experience with this? (1 Viewer)

Binky The Doormat

Footballguy
Last night someone got in my Groupon account and used up what I had in credits there - 3 purchases of $15 groupons for a total of $45 (I have $1.50 left in the account). I saw the email about the "purchases" - there were actually 2 different transactions ...like they tested it and then cleaned out what little I had left in there.

I went into my account, saw the purchases (to Cheryl's ...looks like some valentine bake place), sent the email to Groupon Customer service and then changed my password. Well it said "new password accepted" ...but the password no longer worked. I can't get into my account at all. I tried the password reset process 4 more times - its says I now have a new password and to log on - but it says incorrect password when I do. My old password doesn't work either.

I sent an email and got some kind of automated email back. I am now on hold entering HOUR 3 on two different phones. I looked up there customer service number and saw 2 different ones, so I called them both on 2 different phones. Both said wait time was 30-40 minutes.

Anyone else had experience with this? I am staying on hold just to see if these ####ers ever do answer the phone - as well as practice my patience. I am hanging on but getting pretty stabby at this point.

No one gives a #### about this - but I need to rant :rant:

Was dropped after 4 hrs and 10 min in queue in my first call and dropped at almost 4 hours on the 2nd call from the 2nd phone. I am getting stupid canned responses back via facebook chat and then getting canned emails from different people with Eastern Indian names. In their emails they say they can't call me and insist on me giving sending them sensitive billing data before they can reset my password so I can get back in.

They don't mention anything about investigating my hacked account or stopping the charges or getting my credits back.

I have requested proof they are from Groupon and I get no response. I am pretty sure they are from Groupon, but at this point I am not giving out anymore data unless I talk to someone at Groupon's customer service department.

I am so ####### pissed right now ...

That sucks.

The good news is its only 45 bucks.

I also wouldn't give anyone any info at this point. Seems fishy and like a potential pitfall.

Is anyone else having issues that you can check on via social media?

Just a quick Google search and it seems like this happened last year and Groupon claimed there was no breach but yet someone claimed that later their CC was fraudulently used.

I'd probably put a call I to your CC tied to Groupon for a heads up? Or just monitor that card closely?

I am getting the run around and non-sensical answers from their customer service staff. Different person every time. No answers to my questions so just more "response #XX" type form letters.

I am beginning to hate these ####ers. And I have bought a lot of stuff through Groupons ...I don't want to give it up, maybe if they allowed me to take a crowbar to the VP that set this customer service response process up.

Interesting--I got this email last night:

[SIZE=13.5pt]We've noticed unusual activity in your Groupon account. To protect your account, we've proactively deleted your billing information and removed your existing Groupon password.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]Please visit www.groupon.com to update your password.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]Click "Forgot your password" and we'll send you an email with a unique password reset link.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]Tips for creating a secure password:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=13.5pt]Don't include personal information[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=13.5pt]Do use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=13.5pt]Do use different passwords for different accounts[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]Thank you,
Groupon Customer Support
[/SIZE]
Reset my password and things look OK.

Users who are viewing this thread