What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kanye West - TLOP (Under Construction) (Tidal exclusive!) (1 Viewer)

Good Posting Judge

Footballguy
This album comes out tmrw, with its numerous track listings, titles, etc. etc. Please use this thread to discuss the album, or Ye's "Billy Cosby Innocent" tweet. :mellow:

Kinda bummed if "No More Parties in LA" isn't on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please disappear forever, take your in laws too.

Edit: pretty sure it's clear, but just in case - Kanye, not you GPJ.

Used to love his work but he peaked at dark beautiful and now he is a weirdo shell of his former self. Hope this is good, but it won't be.

Kanye is a genius who used his talent for music to pursue his passion for fashion. He used the music as a stepping stone. It is now priority #2. His music won't be as good as it was. Respect the dude for that, because we would all do something similar if we had the chance.

Why are you wasting your time here?
Bc this guy is the biggest piece of garbage on Earth. He's also a huge coward, glad he talks trash to Beck and Taylor Swift, all 5'7 155lbs of him, he obviously wouldn't pull those antics on most others. It bothers me that anyone would do anything to contribute financially to such a sack of ####. I'm sure one day he'll mouth off in person to the wrong dude, I look forward to that day. He obviously knew not to mouth off to Brandon Browner.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted sounded like somebody totally in the throes of a year-long cocaine bender. He was like other artists at that point, coasting off of good will and the genius that the critics had missed in his albums years before.

College Dropout, Late Registration, and then Graduation were legendary. I remember driving to bootleg stores to cop College Dropout before it came out. Nuts.

If ever an artist just needed to stop to not ruin their legacy, it's Kan (yeee)

But I give mad respect to the guy doing beats for Jay and Talib and then rapping his ### off for all those years.

Kanye is a genius
No, he really isn't. He's a musician and he's creative, that isn't how "genius" is defined.

I'm sure his new album will suck, as everything he's put out in the last decade has too. I was also reading some #### by Amber Rose about him being homo, not a surprise, NTTAWT.

I'll see myself out.

Kanye is a genius
No, he really isn't. He's a musician and he's creative, that isn't how "genius" is defined.I'm sure his new album will suck, as everything he's put out in the last decade has too. I was also reading some #### by Amber Rose about him being homo, not a surprise, NTTAWT.

I'll see myself out.
It actually does seem like you think that there is something wrong with that.

Kanye might be the best producer in the history of hip hop. However, he isn't all that good at anything else and his insistence on making himself the focus of everything kills much of his work.

Let's just think about this. He went from best producer in the rap game, and quickly transitioned to outselling Jordan in the sneaker game. He now has easily the most sought after sneakers in the world. Yeezys routinely sell upwards of $2000 from a $350 retail price. He's designed for Louis Vuitton. And he's had a big hand in the design of the Yeezys, it hasn't just been "put my name on this and you do everything from there."

I've never received bad rap music listening advice from GPJ. His shorty gallop on the beach in the morning like a Chilean horse.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted sounded like somebody totally in the throes of a year-long cocaine bender. He was like other artists at that point, coasting off of good will and the genius that the critics had missed in his albums years before.

College Dropout, Late Registration, and then Graduation were legendary. I remember driving to bootleg stores to cop College Dropout before it came out. Nuts.

If ever an artist just needed to stop to not ruin their legacy, it's Kan (yeee)

But I give mad respect to the guy doing beats for Jay and Talib and then rapping his ### off for all those years.
Disagree on MBDTF, but potato/poh-tato. That #### sprawled, and I'm in the 98% of the people that skip past that one loooooong outro. But he rapped his ### off on there. As did Push, and Rick, and Nicki.

All the tweets/tracklists, etc. make him seem like a perfectionist to a fault. And for all of the different things he's doing (that video game, I dunno), you hear something like "No More Parties in LA" and hear him just rapping his ### off over a nice beat. And his feature raps his ### off too. It's essentially really simple stuff.

But then he leaves it off. And keeps "FACTS." I dunno. I want it to be great, but won't be shocked if it isn't.

Kanye might be the best producer in the history of hip hop. However, he isn't all that good at anything else and his insistence on making himself the focus of everything kills much of his work.
He's an expert in drawing attention to himself. Kinda like, you know, his wife.

And for the record, Kanye is one of the greatest producers in hip-hop history. He's not the greatest rapper but he's not the worst either.

Really hope this is closer to MBDTF than Yeezus. I'm sorry. I wanted to like Yeezus. It's ####### terrible. It just is. I don't understand how it hit #1 on all sorts of respectable music countdowns. MBDTF is a classic album and one of the best of the last decade for sure.

ETA - spelling and whatnot.

I loved Yeezus. I love all Kanyes music. Yeah I hate the guy too.
I used to say that too. Then I realized I'd act the same way if I was him. I'm just a massive doosh at heart I guess. Reality of being an average joe keeps me grounded. But when you're Ye, reality is whatever you want it to be.

He should do an album about just Kim K's Big A and all the ways he pounds it. Big picture of just her ### on the cover and his head coming up out of it with $$$ signs falling all over the place.

I loved Yeezus. I love all Kanyes music. Yeah I hate the guy too.
I used to say that too. Then I realized I'd act the same way if I was him. I'm just a massive doosh at heart I guess. Reality of being an average joe keeps me grounded. But when you're Ye, reality is whatever you want it to be.
I agree with this. He talks a big game but has always backed it up. If he's out there making these outlandish claims and dropping dud albums no one cares. He comes out, rants about some nonsense, and puts out fantastic music time and time again. I didn't like Yeezus but I know a lot of people do. To me he's really no different than an athlete talking trash, like Ali or Mayweather. You talk trash, you'd better back it up. And Kanye always has.

Used to love his work but he peaked at dark beautiful and now he is a weirdo shell of his former self. Hope this is good, but it won't be.
charlamagne tha god said this album is supposed to be closer to his old stuff. gonna fire it up this morning and see.

He's an expert in drawing attention to himself. Kinda like, you know, his wife.
WHERE THE PRESS AT
WHERE THE PRESS AT
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I forgot just how ####### bizarre this whole thing was, right mashed up between Kanye classics. I was still kinda let-down by the performance though. I was pretty hyped for the show and it was just all-around bizarre. What I wouldn't give to see your face and my face as he started ranting after "Heartless".

WHERE THE PRESS AT

WHERE YOU AT THE WHOLE CITY BEHIND US

Game, Kanye, and Luda.

Nuts.

eta* and Aqua Teen Hunger Force!

Let's just think about this. He went from best producer in the rap game, and quickly transitioned to outselling Jordan in the sneaker game. He now has easily the most sought after sneakers in the world. Yeezys routinely sell upwards of $2000 from a $350 retail price. He's designed for Louis Vuitton. And he's had a big hand in the design of the Yeezys, it hasn't just been "put my name on this and you do everything from there."
link to where he's actually designing these things?

my wife is a fashion designer and has worked for some of these celebrity licencees. there's a team of designers working full time, and every now and then the celebrity shows up, takes a look, and says yes or no to a couple of directions. and then they stamp their name on the clothes and talk about their passion for designing. :shrug: maybe kanye is different.

I'm in the liking his music more than I want to camp. he's a raging, narcissist nutcase who says a lot of idiotic things... but yeah, he makes some great music. just saw Dave Chappelle's block party movie again- forgot Kanye was in it (and pretty great).

my wife is a fashion designer and has worked for some of these celebrity licencees. there's a team of designers working full time, and every now and then the celebrity shows up, takes a look, and says yes or no to a couple of directions. and then they stamp their name on the clothes and talk about their passion for designing. :shrug: maybe kanye is different.

I'm in the liking his music more than I want to camp. he's a raging, narcissist nutcase who says a lot of idiotic things... but yeah, he makes some great music. just saw Dave Chappelle's block party movie again- forgot Kanye was in it (and pretty great).
I'm not much of a Kanye defender after Graduation, and I do know what you're saying, but I think he'd actually care about fashion. He was totally fashion forward with the pink golf shirts and popping collars. He has definite opinions on it. Maybe it's still the same corporate game, but I wouldn't be surprised to the converse, and that's rare.

eta* Even his videos show a real visual artistic sense.

I'm not much of a Kanye defender after Graduation, and I do know what you're saying, but I think he'd actually care about fashion. He was totally fashion forward with the pink golf shirts and popping collars. He has definite opinions on it. Maybe it's still the same corporate game, but I wouldn't be surprised to the converse, and that's rare.

eta* Even his videos show a real visual artistic sense.
I'm Kan, the Louis Vuitton don,

Bought my mom a purse, now she's Louis Vuitton mom

honestly- and I see this when my wife tells people what she does- most people with any creativity think they could be fashion designers... because they like buying clothes and/or have some level of taste. the celebs she's worked for all felt passionate enough about fashion to "create" their own lines... didn't make them designers, creators or originators. given that he's just put out an album and is reality-tv-gossip central doing #### other than designing clothes... I doubt he's offering that much.

but like I said- maybe Kanye's different.

honestly- and I see this when my wife tells people what she does- most people with any creativity think they could be fashion designers... because they like buying clothes and/or have some level of taste. the celebs she's worked for all felt passionate enough about fashion to "create" their own lines... didn't make them designers, creators or originators. given that he's just put out an album and is reality-tv-gossip central doing #### other than designing clothes... I doubt he's offering that much.

Yep. Totally understand this point. Once you get on the board or at the sewing machine, go for it, right?

My understanding is that he's totally immersed in design, very different from the usual celebrity role your wife has experienced. Not sure there's a single link demonstrating that, but it seems to be commonly understood by everyone who is in or writes about fashion: take your pick.

Users who are viewing this thread