Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Was listening to Jim Miller as a guest on one of the WCG podcasts this week and he said Nagy was forcing Trub into many “1-reads” last week. Miller pretty much echoed most of our sentiments in that he’s regressed so far but thinks he’ll step it up, but only if Nagy will start rolling him out and letting him play more freely (scrambling & going vertical more often). He also said we’ll all know by the end of this season if he’s our guy or will be on the outs. Eddy hurt his right knee in the weight room Friday and is supposedly questionable for tonight. Seems like even when we catch a break with a weasel win, something else negative pops up to be a buzzkill.
  3. Or is your statement the myth? The truth of the matter is that Arians was neither good nor bad for Heath Miller. Arians merely targeted the TE around the average TE target pace across the NFL with his QB pass attempts (see first paragraph, bolded below). After Arians left, they actually targeted the TE less frequently as a percentage of pass attempts, but it confused casual box score warriors because TE targets went up (see second paragraph, bolded below). As the old phrase goes, a rising tide lifts all ships. So even though PIT TE targets still ranked 25th in league targets, it was a higher total number since the league as a whole was throwing more passes. So Arians was in fact not holding Miller back - he was just not calling a lot of pass plays (for a variety of reasons). I'm confident if Arians had been passing more from 2007-2011, Miller's targets would've gone up accordingly.
  4. Will probably need a large carbon footprint SUV for that to fit.
  5. Lions for years have been a below average running team, last year's #16 finish was their best this century. Right now they are #19.
  6. I dont care - I want them all banned because they look scary!!
  7. He did, because ODB was in motion when he shouldn't have been - didn't affect the play at all. Late in the game, he had 96 rushing yards (what he ended with), and the Brown had first and goal from the 4 with under a minute left and at least 2 time outs from what I recall. The pass the ball four strait times. Horrible play calling there. He could have had 100 rushing, 1 TD, along with 4 receptions for 35. Would have saved my fantasy game....
  8. He looked pretty special on his 40+ yard reception. He looked kinda quick, too. Hes also now averaging 5.3 YPC, which seems pretty solid.
  9. Our country made great strides in equality between classes that really did not exist elsewhere. It was far from perfect as the world was hopelessly racist. But the experient which this country started was a critical step forward for the world. We still are still far from perfect, but the answer is not to go against those principles in a hopeless attempt to rectify the past. Agreed
  10. Jon, you’re entitled to your feelings, whether I or anyone else agrees with them, but the complaints you have in this post are exemplified by no post I’ve seen as well as by this one: Hence, “medice, cura te ipsum.” Dismissive. Mocking. Sarcastic. Guilt by association. Labeling. Straw man.
  11. Our country made great strides in equality between classes that really did not exist elsewhere. It was far from perfect as the world was hopelessly racist. But the experiment which this country started was a critical step forward for the world. We still are still far from perfect, but the answer is not to go against those principles in a hopeless attempt to rectify the past.
  12. Snap count over 3 weeks makes me worry a bit that he'll stay inconsistent. 55% 54% 56%. Gotta figure some nice plays will push his PT up but I don't know enough about his game to say one way or the other.
  13. I'd take 33F and snow over 60-something and humid. In a heartbeat.
  14. I'm not worried yet. It's still a new offense to everyone and other than Adams he has inexperienced targets. Not having a reliable TE hurts too. He does need to play better and I think he and the entire offense will.
  15. Of course the Ukrainian dude isn't going to admit what happened. If it comes out then they lose any bargaining power they have
  16. As I said before, it's been a little bit since I looked at it, so it might be different now. Any yes, there are plenty of issues with the law. It seemed like an "attempt" to show they were doing something. It's the smallest of cracks in the door and by no means as comprehensive as it needs to be.....this is one example of "things that make you go hmmmmm" with our law specifically.
  17. Horrible numbers out of Europe. Could be bloodbath today.
  18. I think I said at the beginning of the season this team just needs to get to the bye 3-3. But I can't think of any logical reason we can win next week. Then we go to 3-0 San Fran off their bye on MNF. This offense wasn't a mess week 1 because of lack of August reps. It was a mess because it's just that - a mess. And it's no different now than it was then. At this point I'm expecting 1-4 and if that comes to fruition I'm very curious what sorta effort we get (especially from the defense) on a short week in front of the bye vs. Seattle in front of what would be a very anxious and irritated crowd.
  19. The same can be said about any RB. Chris Carson was expected to have a monster day by everyone. He had 4.9 points. Todd Gurley had like 7 points yesterday. And like all RBs, it’s about touches. As long as Jones keeps himself in the 10-14 touch range, he’s BYE-worthy. And considering he looked much better than Barber for the 2nd time this year, I wouldn’t be surprised to see his snap count rise at Barber’s expense.
  20. Old Menzingers? I like it way more than I thought I would, there are a couple very good tracks on it.
  21. I think the most interesting aspect of this entire debate will be the justification by the gun nut who aren't good with trampling on the second amendment but are ok with trampling on due process offered in the 5th amendment to allow such laws. I suppose they will argue their hypocrisy doesn't exist because these laws are mainly at the state level? I've long said working the gun problem from the top down is never going to work, so I'm good with the states beginning to take action.
  22. I assume it was ruled no catch, so no auto-review. Coaches would then have to challenge that the non-catch call was incorrect.
  1. Load more activity