Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Look, Bostonfred may be right that once the public digests this, things will change. I hope they do. But right now? Two days ago there was a Monmouth poll: the public was asked, do you want more investigations on this matter or should Congress move on? 54% said move on. 39% want more investigations. I didn’t create those numbers; they’re very real. Maybe they will change, but if they don’t, I am opposed to chasing windmills. None of this changes the reality of my post Personally, I think the Dems get much more mileage out of the content of the report showing the lying, attempts at obstruction of justice and using the "we really dodged a bullet here. get out and vote to get this clearly dangerous person out of office" narrative. It can't be a pillar but makes for excellent filler around real issues. However, using "worry" and "fear" to guide your decision making is probably the dumbest thing ever. They are well within their right to continue investigating and pursuing impeachment. Trump's hardcore base isn't going to change no matter what the Dems do, but there aren't enough of them to win on their own. It's absurd that you categorize all the things that have been exposed as "chasing windmills". It's unprecedented action and needs to be addressed. Setting the bar at Trump is not acceptable. Thinking of the politics over the good for the country has to stop.
  3. That poll came out before we were stunned by what was actually in the Mueller Report
  4. A very special episode of Fuller House....
  5. do we think they might keep any characters alive just in case they spin up another show in the future?
  6. So sorry for your loss, Joe, and for all in here who have lost a sibling way too young. Keep saying their names and celebrating your memories with them.
  7. Decided to do something a little different next weekend for a local charity that I support. I don't know if any of you have heard of myTEAM TRIUMPH, but they're an athletic ride-along program where able-bodied "angels" provide the legs and lungs for "captains" with disabilities. I'll be pushing someone in one of their racing chairs for the Oshkosh Half Marathon. Looking forward to helping one of these awesome people experience the joy that all of us feel while racing!
  8. Sure but are you going to ban ALL of them? Because if you really want to end this hazing stuff, that's what it's going to take.
  9. I’m gonna say no but Martha Stewart went to prison so not totally impossible
  10. If this were Martins book...I think it'd be a bloodbath. That being said, I think a lot of the secondary characters will be at the mercy of the showrunners and not Martin. To that, they're going to spare a couple of the secondary characters for the sake of the show watchers. MAIN CHARACTERS WHO WILL LIVE/DIE IN BOTH MARTINS BOOKS & THE SHOW Dany - Dead Jon/Arya/Sansa - Alive Bran - Dead Tyrion - Alive Jamie - Dead Cersei - Dead SECONDARY CHARACTERS ON THE SHOW Onion Knight - Dead Tormund/Brienne - Alive Pod - Dead Grey Worm/Missendi - Dead Hound/Mountain - Dead Theon - Dead Yara - Alive Euron - Dead Varys - Dead Gendry - Alive Hot Pie - Alive SweetRobin - Alive Nights Watch Commander Ed - Dead Jeor Mormont - Dead Lil Mormont Girl - Alive Bronn - Alive
  11. I was also banned once for calling a member a turd jokingly last year but I didn't complain and no one knew it happened. I'm so sick of the posts from the so-called tough guys from the right. They prove over and over again that they get offended quicker than most and will waste no time to whine about what they think is unfair. They're like children laying on the ground kicking and screaming that it's not fair because they aren't getting their way. It's embarrassing.
  12. Julian Assange smeared a murder victim and tortured his grieving family to help cover up for the Russians Whatever you may think of press freedom and the Wikileaks mission, can we please be done with this subhuman piece of garbage forever now? How many times does he have to show you who he is before you believe it?
  13. #59. The Fish (Schindleria Praematurus) - Yes All five of the Yes band members contributed one track of their own design to this album. "The Fish" was created by Chris Squire using only the bass guitar. Steve Howe did "Mood For A Day" as a solo guitar piece. "Cans And Brahms" was not only arranged by Rick Wakeman, he played all the parts as well. Jon Anderson sang all the vocal parts in "We Have Heaven" himself. Bill Bruford created "Five Per Cent For Nothing," which was played by the entire group with percussion instruments. >> The title comes from Chris Squire's nickname: he was dubbed "the fish" because of his tendency to take long baths. He also happens to be a Pisces. The subtitle for this song is "Schindleria Praematurus," which is an obscure, neotenic marine fish from the Pacific ocean. "Neotenic" means the adult fish exhibits no adult characteristics, only juvenile characteristics. The story is that Chris Squire had the melody and wanted to sing the name of a fish that had eight syllables, and dispatched a roadie (Maybe Michael Tait) to find one. The best he could find had nine, which is why the last syllable kind of trails off. This is an instrumental. The only lyrics (if you can call them that) are the repeated subtitle of the song - "Schindleria Praematurus, Schindleria Praematurus, Schindleria Praematurus." >> On the album, this segues directly from "Long Distance Runaround." Radio stations usually play the songs together.
  14. Look, Bostonfred may be right that once the public digests this, things will change. I hope they do. But right now? Two days ago there was a Monmouth poll: the public was asked, do you want more investigations on this matter or should Congress move on? 54% said move on. 39% want more investigations. I didn’t create those numbers; they’re very real. Maybe they will change, but if they don’t, I am opposed to chasing windmills.
  15. Awful news, and its social impact far outweighs anything related to fantasy football. That said... What would you give up for Hill right now given the current status of this story? I had the 3.4, 3.7, and 3.9 for Hill lined up in my system to offer, and I didnt hit the send button. Partially because I knew it would feel light to the Hill owner, and honestly partially because it felt like too much to give up right now for a player with this hanging over him. Odd, right? I know a lot of people will say that was light, and way under value for Hill and I get it, but I would not be shocked at all if he never played again. At least not in KC. They set some sort of precedent with Hunt last year, and what Hill *may* have done here is so, so, so much worse than what Hunt did, not to take away from the heinousness of what Hunt did - that was an atrocity as well. So...what would you currently give up for Hill? If anything?
  16. You guys are overthinking this. Just reunite the cast of Fargo and divvy up the parts.
  17. Confirmation bias is expedient. Used to happen with black quarterbacks till Warren Moon, then things changed. Confirmation bias is used a lot. Short QBs, and poor body types in general. Take instant impressions on who the majority would favor at quarterback. This guy >>> Prototype or This guy >>> GOAT
  18. Yes, right after the NK touched Bran and then made his way to the cave under the tree, the Three Eyed Raven said, "It's time for you to become me." And then it went into the data dump between the TER and Bran while Meera and the elf looking girl fought off the WW's. Bran sees himself going out the window among a bunch of other things.
  19. 5Guys Cajun Fries > Rally's Fries > Chik-Fil-A Fries > McDonalds Fries > Arby's Fries > Wendy's Fries > BK Fries
  20. We need someone who can turnip the heat on Trump and and pepper him with attacks as he tries to spinach his way out of all the scandals that keep leeking out. OK, I'll stop now. This is getting radicchio.
  21. Did @tjnc09 ever tell us his legitimate reasons for choosing a pit bull over another breed? He seems to suggest my guesses as to why somebody would choose one are incorrect, so I’m curious to know why then he chose one.
  22. Well apparently Trump read it. Or at least heard what it said (more likely. ) This morning he is tweeting that any accusations in the report that he lied or told others to lie are “total bull####.”
  1. Load more activity