0 Neutral

About BigRed

• Rank
    Footballguy

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://

Profile Information

1. GB the idiocy that is the HoF discusssions I esp love the "voted to X pro bowls" and stats ABC "proving" his worthiness.
  2. lol @ "lots of choices" - there's IMO one choice (Curb) - Sopranos had its moments but wasn't "great" and the rest were pretty to very lame (minus 1 or 2 I haven't seen but based on trailers etc I doubt they're much better if at all).
  3. Well it's not like the CIN D is exactly a stiff test, but gotta say CJ looking better and earlier on than I predicted. Good thing I didn't draft White.
  4. Over 24,000 views on a Chris Johnson thread And I thought my summer had slowed down I just don't see him as taking enough touches such that White will do much worse if at all than last year, meaning White is still a good RB3 or lower RB2 to get IMO. Johnson not worth anything except larger or maybe dynasty leagues.
  5. Oh goodness no, of course not; coaches NEVER lie in pre-season! PS where does he say White WON'T be the workhorse anyway? He is (surprise surprise) pretty vague, only saying he will use White and Johnson. Well if THAT'S all...How many guys are considered good enough and reliable enough and have a team situation such that they get 300 carries? Yeah it's not like that lame offense (and him being dinged up) had anything to do w/it. Another example of how stats can be short-sighted and misleading. Anything is possible but I really doubt it.But hey totally avoid a guy who only cranked out 1000+ yds and 7 TDs last year and showed he could carry the load - even on a weak team - for a guy who hasn't proven squat and may end up with something like 200/300 yds rushing this year (not saying he will, just saying it would shock no one not riding the CJ bandwagon) and netting few if any points most games. I hope owners in my league agree.
  6. I'm quite content not knowing wtf "BMI" is, but regardless I'd say I have seen nothing to change my mind that White is the workhorse and Johnson is the change-of-pace guy who might break a few long ones and/or snag some catches, but have plenty of unimpressive runs in between and White will easily have the better numbers come Christmas.
  7. Surprised there isn't more buzz on this one........do people really put him in league with the "top 4?"
  8. lol @ visiting Iraq and making a speech in Germany = "international experience." Well I'm convinced now, Obama is da bomb lmaoI mean, racist.
  9. He appears to be a great value play at first, but given he always gets nicked up and you basically can trust this putz about as far as you can throw him (and you'd think NY might finally smell the coffee and use Boss a lot more) - so he's probably going about where he should. Pairing him with another guy who won't cost too much eg Daniels or Watson or Olsen (etc) might be a great move, but I sure as hell don't want him as my TE1.
  10. Yep. Too bad the movie sucked beyond belief.Now that I think of it, that's weird - there are very few even pretty good examples, let alone great ones. Pacino's had its moments but was too over the top. Too bad because he's a great candidate for the role. Didn't see DeNiro and don't even recall one in Exorcist - just the kid (demon, not the devil, I thought).
  11. Implying he wasn't before? It's not exactly a secret that Smith is a jerk and that this was an idiotic move. It might have been merely questionable if he'd hired a HC worth a flip but Turner? wtf was he thinking?
  12. I agree. And what if you were additionally faced w/the dilemma of having P Manning as your QB? the horror
  13. Just because YOU did that doesn't mean others will.TLEF if you're not sure how much you'll like/be into this, I suggest you start out with a 30G tank, not 55, and get a variety of "heartier" tetras....get used to the routine of checking the water for various things (temp, pH balance etc), see how you like it overall and go from there. Zebras, blue neons, mollys, maybe a few cherry barbs....things like that are good to start with; they're hard to kill and have some bright/mixed colorings. IMO anyone telling you to start with a 55G is giving bad advice; you don't start out in a hobby with some of the more expensive/labor intenstive options available. That's like saying "I'm thinking about getting into golf but never played" and someone goes "dude buy a set of Pings!" Walk before you run. Not everyone who tries this goes ape-sh-- about it.
  14. Since at this time his value appears to be sinking more than a little, I'd say no way. He might not be the next Manning/Brady, but he's Leaf or Alki Smith either. IMO. Has potential to be very solid QB, tho I seriously doubt he'll be anything amazing.
  15. Well it's real simple Marty, AJ is a horse's #### and you're not.The playoff thing is notable, but if I'm a team in need of a coach, I look his way immediately.