Footballguy
  • Birthday 11/24/1967

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Favorite NFL Team
    New England Patriots

Recent Profile Visitors

16,790 profile views
  1. 4 players out of 20 from Georgia is pretty cool. I wonder how many of these kids were affected by Mathis, Clark and Wolff being the forefathers of Georgian soccer.....?
  2. LAFC broke ground today on the Banc of California Stadium (Rendering of stadium ) Old school sports fans would know the old Los Angeles Sports Arena, where the Lakers, Clippers, UCLA and USC all called home at one time or another. This old building will be demolished and the new soccer stadium will go up in the same spot.
  3. Here is yet another US Soccer/MLS solidarity case, this time based on Bedoya's move. Alejandro Bedoya's youth club to demand cut of transfer fee I still am confused on solidarity payments. I was under the mistaken belief that the team receiving the transfer fee passed the solidarity payments on but Bedoya's youth team is suing Philly, which is the team that made the payment of the transfer fee to Nantes. Who is responsible for passing on the solidarity payments?
  4. Pulisic scored for Dortmund in a friendly today. Here is the highlight https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4pxto8_christian-pulisic-goal-hd-hallescher-0-1-dortmund-23-08-2016_sport
  5. Some good news for Yedlin. Newcastle's starting RB last season, Daryl Janmaat (32 league games), is taking a medical at Watford right now and is expected to move on a transfer.
  6. Here is the latest on Mazda ==================== Chelsea loaning Matt Miazga to 1860 Munich unlikely - source German club 1860 Munich have expressed interest in signing Chelsea defender Matt Miazga on loan, though a deal is unlikely, a source close to the player confirmed to ESPN FC. Speculation has been rife all summer that Miazga would be loaned out to gain more playing experience, and Bild earlier reported the second-tier club's approach. The United States international was previously linked with Bundesliga side Eintracht Frankfurt, but it was Kevin Hector, Miazga's Chelsea teammate, who was loaned out instead. The source added that 1860 Munich owner Hassan Abdullah Ismaik is keen to get the club back in the Bundesliga and sees Miazga as a key signing. That said, both Chelsea and the player are holding out for better offers. "Both Chelsea and Miazga want a higher level, so I don't think it will happen," the source said about the proposed move to the Lions. At present, John Terry, Gary Cahill and Branislav Ivanovic are the center-backs at the top of Chelsea's pecking order. Kurt Zouma is nearing a return to full fitness after suffering an ACL tear in February, and his progress could impact whether Miazga gets loaned out.
  7. Would Yedlin be on a similar size contract at Newcastle or did he likely have to take a smaller deal from what he was getting in paid by Spurs?
  8. This is a strange link if it is true he turned down the Frankfurt loan (as he supposedly wanted to stay in England). I guess if his options are starting to be limited he can't be too picky.
  9. here is the latest U17 roster: No Ben Lederman. Good to see Weah. Atlanta United must be gobbling up the youth talent from their region. Roster by Position:GOALKEEPERS (2): Alexander Budnik (Sockers FC; Arlington Heights, Ill.), Justin Garces (Kendall FC; Miami, Fla.)DEFENDERS (6): Jake Arteaga (LA Galaxy; Glendora, Calif.), Carlos Asensio (Atlanta United; Roswell, Ga.), Kelee Cornfield-Saunders (LA Galaxy; San Marcos, Calif.), Christopher Gloster (New York Red Bulls; Montclair, N.J.), Rayshaun McGann (Philadelphia Union; Royal Palm Beach, Fla.), Arturo Vasquez (FC Golden State; Mira Loma, Calif.)MIDFIELDERS (7): George Acosta (Weston FC; Hollywood, Fla.), Christopher Durkin (D.C. United; Glen Allen, Va.), Blaine Ferri (Solar Chelsea SC; Southlake, Texas), Christopher Goslin (Atlanta United; Locust Grove, Ga.), James Sands (New York Soccer Club; Rye, N.Y.), Adrian Villegas (Portland Timbers; Hood River, Ore.), Akil Watts (IMG Academy; Fort Wayne, Ind.)FORWARDS (5): Ayomide Akinola (Toronto FC; Brampton, Ontario), Andrew Carleton (Atlanta United; Powder Springs, Ga.), Zyen Jones (Atlanta United; Clarkston, Ga.), Joshua Sargent (St. Louis Scott Gallagher Missouri; O’Fallen, Mo.), Timothy Weah (Paris Saint-Germain; Rosedale, N.Y.)
  10. I am not familiar enough with city to say. Here is an airial view of location of stadium https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/60/DC_United_Buzzard_Point_Stadium_satellite_view.jpg/440px-DC_United_Buzzard_Point_Stadium_satellite_view.jpg
  11. I don't think the parking lot is for fans, I think it is for team, front office and stadium staff. This in the city so I think fans use public transportation to get there mostly.
  12. I am not a fan of that either. For comparison sake, here is the old rendering (same corner is cut out) http://15128-presscdn-0-60.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/01192016-dcunited1-994x559.jpg
  13. I don't think it is binary but he does seem to have something against players who play there. I bet Yedlin will break this trend but if he is actively playing in the Championship and is overlooked/marginalized by JK, then the evidence becomes much stronger.
  14. New stadium site rendering was released for DC's new stadium. A hotel has been added to the site next to the stadium in what was open space in the previous rendering https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14022338_10154440204771489_6757221952197031811_n.jpg?oh=3430ee8ecce536bf010cc9189f9a7660&oe=584FCF3C
  15. US U20 Emmanual Sabbi has signed with Las Palmas in La Liga