• Rank
    Footballguy

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Favorite NFL Team
    Washington Redskins

Recent Profile Visitors

9,711 profile views
  1. As I do, but my policy is an individual "grandfathered" policy (pre ACA). If all their new individual ACA policies are an HMO or some network that all the doctors opt out of (which is happening a lot), we may see what you're talking about.
  2. Say your coverage is with Blue Cross. The "public plan" (ACA exchanges) typically also has a BCBS carrier. That's my point. Now maybe you have a PPO network and the individual plans only offer an HMO....that would create the situation you're describing, assuming the the good docs and hospitals only take the PPO and not the HMO.
  3. So serious question, with some "back of the napkin" math. I feel that disclaim is needed, so others don't accuse me of cherry picking numbers or whatever. Anyway, Tennessee just approved 59% rate increases for next year. This past year, the average premium for the cheapest silver plan for a 40 year old non-smoker was $258/m, and HHS came out and said that the premium increases won't affect all people because subsidies keep premiums down for many, and that the average cost for a subsidized person last year only went from $102/m to $104/m. Lets just for a second assume that those number stay about the same. So the average rate for a 40 year old will go from $258/m to $410/m - an increase of $152/m, per person. The Tennessee individual market is about 304k people. Nationally about half of all people who are in the individual market are subsidized - so about 152k people here in Tennessee. So, where is the $558M in subsidies coming from for this one state alone? (math - 152k people, $410/m total premium with average to member premium being $104/m, 12 months a year). I mean, we still don't have a Cadillac tax, so where is all this money coming from? And about 2/3rds of them are also receiving "cost sharing subsidies" to knock their deductibles and OOP down. All in this state will likely be over 3/4 of a Billion a year in subsidies. Where is it coming from?
  4. Carriers on the Obamacare exchanges are private carriers, though. I'm not sure what you mean by the above. The only way that would happen is if carriers on the exchanges offer one "ACA network" that only certain doctors are in, and carriers in the group market (and maybe some other markets) offer a totally different network of doctors/hospitals, without any over lapping.
  5. Thanks. ESPN has them as a 3-4 defense.
  6. Also, I vaguely remember someone here mentioning that they have Oscar insurance in New Jersey, but a search didn't find anything. Anyway, wanted to make them aware... Oscar, the $2.8 billion health insurance startup, is pulling out of some Obamacare exchanges. According to a release from the company on Tuesday, the firm will no longer offer individual market plans through the Affordable Care Act in Dallas, Texas and New Jersey.
  7. Things just got real in Tennessee.... Cigna asked for and received an average 46.3 percent increase. Humana asked for and received an average 44.3 percent increase. BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, asked for and received a 62 percent increase. What's worse, the only carrier across the entire state, BCBS had this to say - "Due to these concerns we are keeping all of our options open at this point about participating in the 2017 marketplace. We anticipate making a final decision in mid-September.” So they could still decide to drop out, which would leave much of the state with no remaining carriers?!
  8. So the Eagles play a 3-4 base with Barwin and Graham as their OLBs, right? MFL has both listed as DEs. Are they both 3 down type guys? Big risk of them going to a LB designation?
  9. And say what you want about RG3, he's a better long ball thrower than any of them.
  10. Would have never thought to do this. It claims that it's a cp 156 Doduo, but I'm not sure that's correct as I did the Pikachu trick to start and I wouldn't have transferred him.
  11. All I can say is thoughts and prayers good buddy. Hang in there, Riley.
  12. Sort of. They don't have any plans on the exchange. Any of those individuals can still buy an off-exchange plan (full price, no subsidies). I don't know how many of those carriers there will be, but there should be at least 1. One thing to keep in mind about these carriers in different states and such - it's all county to county specific. I'm in Virginia, where a total of 13 (I think) carriers participate either on or off exchange. In my county, though - 2 carriers off exchange, and only one of those is on the exchange. So much for competition here.
  13. 10 teamer. Rawls swapped even for TJ Yeldon. Now guy now with Yeldon had Ivory, the guy now with Rawls had C Mike.
  14. Yes, but that's 80% of your income is coming from 20% of your clients (not from 20% of your lines of business). The 80/20 rule doesn't apply at all to health insurance, but definitely does to life insurance.
  15. When I got in the business I was only 21 I believe. At the time I was eating Ramen noodles, but still had enough $ for a decent bar setup in the apartment. Anyway, I was pretty broke and would sell anything to anyone that I had the license (state) and appointment (carrier) to sell. The agency I was with "made me" obtain a series 6 and 63 - which in the end I likely didn't need and I spent way too much time in obtaining, when it was really only needed for a few cases (which I could have sent to another agent for processing and he send me back some business, but whatever). At this point, all I really need is a life and health license, and to keep my CE going for my day to day. It took me too long to realize that 80%+ of what I was earning was from 2 or 3 lines of business - so I should have narrowed down my focus earlier.