What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rate My Team Feature (2 Viewers)

John Mamula

So a gb of mine pointed me to the RMT feature in the subscriber content. All I have to say is "wow". This is probably one of the coolest features around with the exception of the DD and PD. Normally I would think a tool like this would have a madlib feel to it, but it seems very seemless.

From rating the various players to suggestions for defenses that would complement the one I drafted to a complete schedule analysis for every player, this is flat out amazing.

Big kudos. This is awesome. Plus it said with good in season management I had a 90% chance to make the playoffs, so obviously the analysis is spot on.

:wall:

I was pretty freakin surprised at how this was generated... obviously a lot of work went into this feature, and I must admit, it's likely better than any "rate my team" thread response one might hope for.

The team I submitted was in an IDP league, so results are skewed a bit, but based on the respones and critiques, you guys need to adjust at least 2 players IMHO.

Steve Smith, NYG you have ranked too low, and mark me words here gents.... Clowney may be this year's sleeper WR.

Still more than just a fun excersize, it's more than just being an amusing tool, some good insights in there.

Btw, for those that aren't aware, there is now a link to this via MFL for your specific team.

If you go to your team page at MFL, look at top right portion of clickable links and you'll see a "FBG Rate My Team".

Btw, for those that aren't aware, there is now a link to this via MFL for your specific team.If you go to your team page at MFL, look at top right portion of clickable links and you'll see a "FBG Rate My Team".
Nice heads up.Have MFL and didn't realize this.

Btw, for those that aren't aware, there is now a link to this via MFL for your specific team.If you go to your team page at MFL, look at top right portion of clickable links and you'll see a "FBG Rate My Team".
I tried these links for two teams in my league and got a broken result. No rate my team, just a ginormous extra wide screen (like when you put 200 periods in a message board thread that screws up the word wrap) with a drop down menu of my league's teams, but nothing else.I used the RMT feature by manually entering my team a week or two ago and everything worked fine.I use Google Chrome, if that matters. It didn't when I manually did my own previously.

I was really amazed at it's accuracy. I realized it's totally ranking based, but it seemed dead nuts on in it's descriptons of my strengths and weaknesses. Pretty cool.

It is a great feature! I was amazed at how well it generates a response. I expected some kind of simple report card....ah far from it. It actually seems like someone sat down and looked over your team and wrote up a personalized evaluation.

Top notch job, FFG is the best not only in info but also in technology that it brings to game.

It is a great feature! I was amazed at how well it generates a response. I expected some kind of simple report card....ah far from it. It actually seems like someone sat down and looked over your team and wrote up a personalized evaluation.Top notch job, FFG is the best not only in info but also in technology that it brings to game.
Agreed, and what MFL offers is some silly boilerplate thingy.... the FBG report is pretty surprising. Now, my rankings differ from the FBG's, so I don't agree with all the critiques, but some how they made it look very specific. Not just specific, but insightful. Pretty impressive.

What's the lowest % chance anyone is seeing for their team to make the playoffs? Just curious.
I'm going through the rest of my league now.Worst one I have found so far is an upside of 40%...it gives ranges so this range is 40/25/4...worst so far.Starts out "Let us say this as nicely as we can. This team is brutal. It is below average and/or too thin at all three core positions (quarterback, running back and receiver).":lmao:

Tillmanisahero said:
It is a great feature! I was amazed at how well it generates a response. I expected some kind of simple report card....ah far from it. It actually seems like someone sat down and looked over your team and wrote up a personalized evaluation.Top notch job, FFG is the best not only in info but also in technology that it brings to game.
I think it's a great feature too. I have input a number of "mock" lineups to try to determine the strongest team I could based on average auction values and ADP. I think it will be really useful with helping to determine whether a RB or WR would be better pick at certain rounds (or for certain prices), etc.

Lott said:
gianmarco said:
I tried these links for two teams in my league and got a broken result. No rate my team, just a ginormous extra wide screen (like when you put 200 periods in a message board thread that screws up the word wrap) with a drop down menu of my league's teams, but nothing else.I used the RMT feature by manually entering my team a week or two ago and everything worked fine.I use Google Chrome, if that matters. It didn't when I manually did my own previously.
I got something similar from MFL using Safari. Works just fine when I put in my team manually.I think it's an absolutely awesome feature but with the thought that everything can be improved, I'd love to see a feature in "Rate my Team" where it can compare teams. Say I'm looking to make a trade it would compare the overall strength of my team before and after the trade.

Extremely cool, love the added features like schedule for the players with color coding of matchups, recent news, etc. Impressive.

KUDOS to anyone at FBG that had a hand in putting this together - it is truly awesome and I was really blown away the first time I used it. I have been doing mock teams as well to compare potential draft strategies so I was hoping to not mention to my leaguemates until AFTER the draft. :thumbup:

Just a heads up everyone that this FREE content for everyone. It is biased towards our projections, but you have your choice of using projections from me, Bob Henry, Jason Wood or Maurile Tremblay. This application really does showcase a lot of our databases and tools. There will be a season tool (for subscribers that looks at avaialble free agents, etc) that is constantly updated to the weekly and forward projections we release. It will likely debut a few weeks into the NFL season.

Extremely cool, love the added features like schedule for the players with color coding of matchups, recent news, etc. Impressive.
:scared:My one regret now is not mocking with the DD and looking at the results in this to try out some different strategies. I will definitely be doing that next year.I don't suppose you can rate a team right from the DD?

:thumbup:My one regret now is not mocking with the DD and looking at the results in this to try out some different strategies. I will definitely be doing that next year.I don't suppose you can rate a team right from the DD?
Go to team data in DD and in the bottom left corner there is a Rate this team with Rate my team option.

:thumbup:My one regret now is not mocking with the DD and looking at the results in this to try out some different strategies. I will definitely be doing that next year.I don't suppose you can rate a team right from the DD?
Go to team data in DD and in the bottom left corner there is a Rate this team with Rate my team option.
Does that work now or is there still a glitch that says there are not enough players?

gianmarco said:
Wow, that is very nice.

:coffee:My one regret now is not mocking with the DD and looking at the results in this to try out some different strategies. I will definitely be doing that next year.I don't suppose you can rate a team right from the DD?
Does that work now or is there still a glitch that says there are not enough players?
Just tried it for the first time myself and got the ''There aren't nearly enough players here. C'mon, enter a real team.'' message.Looks like if someone wants to do it this way they will have to send them a ''I clicked the link you provided so C'mon and fix your program.'' message.

:coffee:My one regret now is not mocking with the DD and looking at the results in this to try out some different strategies. I will definitely be doing that next year.I don't suppose you can rate a team right from the DD?
Glitch comes up 50/50, if you copy the URL in the window before submitting, it's easier to try again.Any way to make the email address optional? Just don't want to bother with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like if someone wants to do it this way they will have to send them a ''I clicked the link you provided so C'mon and fix your program.'' message.
Every time I get that error, I'm tempted to go back and put "Drinen@footballguys.com, Dodds@footballguys.com, Bryant@footballguys.com" as my email address.

Much like a self-report personality test, it told me nothing I did not already know. That is, I well know where my evaluations differed from the FBG experts and all it did was spit that back at me.

Just put your team into Excel with an export of the relevant DD projections and you are already there.

And there does tend to be a little group-think around here, in case we haven't noticed... :goodposting:

Hey, this is actually pretty cool, except for:

"With great inseason management, we think you have about a 45 percent chance of making the playoffs."

Although 50/50 is about what I expect for any league so I don't take offense.

edit: didn't see the 4 separate writer comparisons: Maurile Tremblay is on board at 70%.

dodds doesn't like my team, yet it seems like the rest of them do

Shaun Hill projections don't really match wording unless Smith or Davis start

I did find out what the worst team's report looks like. This is the overview from the worst team in the dynasty I commish (unfortunately, the guy is great friend too). I laughed for 5 minutes over it.

Overview:

Wait. Are you serious?

You did your research. You put your years of experience to work. And this --- THIS --- is the team you ended up with? How is that even possible? Did you think this was a points-per-suck league?

To call this the

Worst.

Team.

Ever.

would forever cheapen those three words.

And what in the world is "(it has his team name here)" supposed to be anyway?

You know, normally I like this job. I get to sit here and assess people's fantasy teams. It's fun. I try to help them out. I learn from them and hopefully they learn a little from me. But then someone like you comes along and ruins it. WHY ARE YOU WASTING MY TIME WITH THIS TEAM??! I could be using these electrons and milliseconds to rate the team of someone who cares. Someone with a chance. But that ain't you, buddy, that's for sure.

It's a fun page. I love the mad lib-ish comments and the player news at the end.

It's a great feature

•With great inseason management, we think you have about a 70 percent chance of making the playoffs.

•With good inseason management, we think you have about a 55 percent chance of making the playoffs.

•With average inseason management, we think you have a 39 percent chance of making the playoffs

This rate my team feature, thankfully is not attempting to tell everyone what a great team you have. Again, this was an IDP redraft, and my LB corp is perhaps the best in the league. Sure would be cool if an IDP feature was included!

I look forward to inuptting my only remaining offense only keeper league roster once we have our draft. All of my other leagues are IDP.

Kudos to Doug on this.... what other site offers stuff like this? :thumbup:

gianmarco said:
Wow, that is very nice.
The tie-in to DD is excellent. I ran about 20 mocks yesterday using DD, working different draft combinations for rounds 1-7, and then used the Rate My Team for each draft result to help determine best approach. I'm picking 4 in a PPR league where 9 studs are going to be keepers this year, so guys that typically would be 2.12 in a redraft are going to be 2.3. DD and the Rate My Team thing are really helping me sort through the options. LT? Fitz? Target Manning? Target Witten? Amazing technology. Kudos to the FBG team. (still want a Mac version of all this stuff though, and ADP for PPR leagues to automatically dump into DD)

I got this from one guys ratings: Bottom line: This team is a virtual lock to go to the playoffs. :IBTL:

And this from the other:

* With great inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.

* With good inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.

* With average inseason management, we think you have a 89 percent chance of making the playoffs.

I like it :)

:sadbanana:My one regret now is not mocking with the DD and looking at the results in this to try out some different strategies. I will definitely be doing that next year.I don't suppose you can rate a team right from the DD?
I was getting that error when sending a team from Draft Dominator. I narrowed it down to not liking the flex requirements for my league. In particular I use decimals to split up the flex between positions like 4.8 WR and 2.2 TE, to get it to match what I expect to start in the league. When I removed the decimals and made it 5 WR, 2 TE, it worked for me.

What's the lowest % chance anyone is seeing for their team to make the playoffs? Just curious.
I'm going through the rest of my league now.Worst one I have found so far is an upside of 40%...it gives ranges so this range is 40/25/4...worst so far.Starts out "Let us say this as nicely as we can. This team is brutal. It is below average and/or too thin at all three core positions (quarterback, running back and receiver).":sadbanana:
I ran it on the perennial cellar dweller in my dynasty/contract league with the following result:
Bottom line: * With great inseason management, we think you have about a 20 percent chance of making the playoffs. * With good inseason management, we think you have about a 15 percent chance of making the playoffs. * With average inseason management, we think you have a 1 percent chance of making the playoffs.
I'd say that's probably about right for him.

Users who are viewing this thread