Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

espnespn

Members
  • Content Count

    453
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

57 Excellent

About espnespn

  • Rank
    Footballguy

Previous Fields

  • Favorite NFL Team
    New England Patriots

Recent Profile Visitors

997 profile views
  1. Right, but Sporting News doesn't factor in injury risk/getting cut. https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/3/15/18266458/free-agent-contracts-guaranteed-money-how-long-do-deals-last For 5 year deals, 14.7% of them only last 1 year. Another 26.3% of them only last 2 years. Which mean there's a 59% chance of getting cut after Year 2. Steelers contract offer: Year 1: 14.7% chance of getting only $17M (or $19.5M to use the numbers from Sporting News vs. Deadspin) Year 2: 26.3% chance of getting additional $16M (or 13.5M for Sporting News) Jet offer: $25M fully guaranteed at signing. I guess which is better depends on how risk-adverse people are...
  2. That 538 article calculates injury rate based on RBs with draft ADP of 24 or higher. But Bell's usage makes him a higher injury risk than that. "Binney took average draft position (ADP) data from 2007 to 2015 and used Football Outsider’s proprietary injury database to calculate the serious injury rate for running backs with a preseason positional ADP of 24 or greater. He estimates that the true likelihood of serious injury is between 20.9 and 32.8 percent for NFL running backs over a season." "In both scenarios, there is a possibility that the injury rate we’ve calculated is underestimating the true danger to Bell’s health and future earnings. After all, Bell’s workload is extreme: He led the NFL with 406 touches last season."
  3. Interesting article at The Ringer, explaining how long NFL player contracts have actually lasted: https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/3/15/18266458/free-agent-contracts-guaranteed-money-how-long-do-deals-last For 5 year deals, 14.7% of them only last 1 year. Another 26.3% of them only last 2 years. Which mean there's a 59% chance of getting cut after Year 2. So plugging in what the Steelers offered Leveon (according to some guy -- the first commenter in this Deadspin link -- who took a stab at reconciling all the reported contract numbers): Year 1: 14.7% chance of getting only $17M Year 2: 26.3% chance of getting additional $16M. https://deadspin.com/leveon-bells-jets-deal-is-a-good-reminder-guarantees-a-1833262186 > "Piecing together all reports I’ve seen on the Steelers offer last summer, I believe Leveon would have received: 2018: 10M signing bonus, 7M base salary (17M practically guaranteed) as a vested veteran with the ability to claim his full salary if cut after week 1. The only way to only see 10M on this offer is to get released less than a month after signing the deal. 2019: 3.5M roster bonus due this week. 12.5 base salary. 16M total for 2019, 20.5 in first 9 months (lacanfora), 33M in first 2 years (rapaport). 2020: 12M base salary. 45M in first 3 years. 2021 & 2022: 25M owed over final two years." >
  4. According to the news reports about the spa video, Kraft was the stain-er, not the stain-ee. 😂
  5. Yup, wow. "Sex-worker-rights advocates say it is very common for police to overstate their findings in trafficking stings. “Our legislators and law enforcement have been led to believe that sex trafficking is huge in Florida, but studies have shown that because sex trafficking and sex work is being conflated all the time,” said Alex Andrews, a sex worker in the Orlando area and an advocate with the Sex Workers Outreach Project." https://deadspin.com/what-was-really-going-on-at-orchids-of-asia-1832896112
  6. So after a sting operation operation going several months, there are currently no sex-trafficking charges against the massage parlor owner. Enough evidence to charge dozens of johns, but not enough to charge the owner? Maybe you are a blind homer to cops who are trying to get more overtime hours/police funding to fight the "epidemic" of sex-trafficking in Florida. And by epidemic, I mean 57 cases in 2017. Of which around 48 were sex-trafficking. (Compare that to about 600,000 crimes in Florida total.) https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/fl-reg-2017-florida-crime-report-20180522-story.html https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/florida-ranks-3rd-in-us-for-human-trafficking-cases "Sex-worker-rights advocates say it is very common for police to overstate their findings in trafficking stings. “Our legislators and law enforcement have been led to believe that sex trafficking is huge in Florida, but studies have shown that because sex trafficking and sex work is being conflated all the time,” said Alex Andrews, a sex worker in the Orlando area and an advocate with the Sex Workers Outreach Project." https://deadspin.com/what-was-really-going-on-at-orchids-of-asia-1832896112
  7. Um, someone on this thread strongly hinted that Kraft could be involved in the sex-trafficking. By comparing Kraft, a billionaire buddy to Trump, to another one of Trump's rich buddies who actually was trafficking. https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/774367-breaking-robert-kraft-arrested-for-soliciting-prostitution/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-21731219 "It's a big deal when you consider sex trafficking. Trumpty Dumpty's billionaire buddy Jeffrey Epstein engaged it in Florida." https://www.newsweek.com/jeffrey-epstein-alexander-acosta-trump-sex-trafficking-underage-minor-1339974 "n a series of explosive stories, the Miami Herald documented how, in 2017, federal prosecutors worked with Epstein’s lawyers to put together a plea deal that required the financier to plead guilty to two prostitution charges and serve 13 months in prison, despite overwhelming evidence of a widespread pattern of sex trafficking and sexual assault, and 103 “Jane Doe” victims."
  8. Well, this was the link that summarized everything. But I cited other links before: https://deadspin.com/what-was-really-going-on-at-orchids-of-asia-1832896112 "Not a single person has been charged with human trafficking in connection with multiple sex-trafficking stings in towns and cities on the east coast of Florida, including Jupiter, Vero Beach, and Sebastian." Did anyone here cite *anything whatsoever* that actually shows Kraft was part of the trafficking? Nope, because Kraft was charged with solicitation, not trafficking. Facts matter more than the bitter opinions of Salty Haters. 😋 Can I accuse you of sex-trafficking without any evidence? Or maybe accuse you of being a child pornographer without any evidence? Not so nice, when you are on the receiving end, is it?
  9. Well, I'm defending Kraft from the fake charges that Salty Haters want to pin on him above and beyond the actual solicitation he was charged with. He was certainly stupid for using a hooker where prostitution was illegal. But all the sex-trafficking and underage hooker accusations are bogus. http://reason.com/blog/2019/02/22/robert-krafts-prostitution-arrest-is-par
  10. This entire story seems to be another example of news organizations trying to sensationalize/over-blow the facts to drum up website clicks. "Kraft hired underage hookers!" FALSE. No underage girls involved. "Kraft involved with sex trafficking!" FALSE. He was only charged with solicitation, being a customer of prostitution. "But sex-trafficking!" FALSE. Massage parlor owner not charged with trafficking. http://reason.com/blog/2019/02/22/robert-krafts-prostitution-arrest-is-par So the story boils down to, Kraft hired a hooker for a rub and tug. After the police spent eight months on a sting operation to gather evidence. Edit: correction, Kraft had 2 rubs and tugs. I guess that is 2x as bad.
  11. Haha, angry when someone proves you wrong? FACT: No charges of trafficking, not even for the massage parlor owner. Please stop making things up.
  12. So with all that "evidence", how many people there were actually charged with trafficking? ZERO. https://deadspin.com/what-was-really-going-on-at-orchids-of-asia-1832896112 "Not a single person has been charged with human trafficking in connection with multiple sex-trafficking stings in towns and cities on the east coast of Florida, including Jupiter, Vero Beach, and Sebastian." "While it has only been a few days since the arrests were announced and further charges are possible, the stings were months in the making, so law enforcement agencies simply may not have enough evidence for trafficking charges. Sex-worker-rights advocates say it is very common for police to overstate their findings in trafficking stings. “Our legislators and law enforcement have been led to believe that sex trafficking is huge in Florida, but studies have shown that because sex trafficking and sex work is being conflated all the time,” said Alex Andrews, a sex worker in the Orlando area and an advocate with the Sex Workers Outreach Project." Edit: btw, the police contradicted themselves in just a few sentences in your CNN story: "They're not leaving, they're there 24 hours a day" and then "they were moved from location to location". Things that make you go hmmmm.
  13. You are cherry-picking the worst case scenarios of sex-trafficking and comparing them to the best-case scenarios of child slavery used by Apple suppliers. At least one of Apple suppliers did a lot worse than just underpay kids. "The investigation found several children, including an eight-year-old named Dorsen, who worked 12-hour days carrying heavy sacks in sometimes heavy rain while supervisors threatened them with beatings." http://fortune.com/2017/03/03/apple-cobalt-child-labor/ Btw, where's the proof that the hookers in that massage place were stolen from their homes, drugged up, and kept against their will? "In the trafficking sting in Martin County, meanwhile, there were no individuals charged with human trafficking, only with prostitution. The owner of Orchids of Asia, Hua Zhang, was charged with deriving support from the proceeds of prostitution, soliciting another to commit prostitution, renting space to be used for prostitution, and maintaining a house of prostitution. The vast majority of the arrests in both counties were of men soliciting prostitutes. On CNN, Martin County Sheriff William Snyder said police are trying to figure out why women would “go and allow themselves to be trafficked.” https://deadspin.com/what-was-really-going-on-at-orchids-of-asia-1832896112 I guess we can argue whether different examples of sex-trafficking or child slavery are worse, but that doesn't change the main point: the customer of a business should not be responsible for the business, if the business is breaking the law. That's on the people running the business.
  14. Did you or any friends/family ever buy an iPhone? Everyone knows about the child slavery going on to make iPhones -- that's been reported for years. Maybe the police should go after every iPhone customer for "contributing to child slavery"?
  15. As far as we know, Kraft had nothing to do with the trafficking, he was charged by police with being a customer only. Are iPhone customers responsible for the child slavery that goes on to make an iPhone? That's on Apple/their suppliers. Or maybe we can arrest anyone with an iPhone for child slavery?