Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Ridgeback

Members
  • Content Count

    81
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ridgeback

  1. Which bond funds, if you don't mind me asking? I've had SHY for awhile, but need to pull the rest into a safety net. I've been in SDOW since the high 20's. Regret selling PEATF still
  2. If so, I'd like to know. Can't imagine that a certain part of this country could have elected a bigger complete waste of flesh than Cadet Bone Spur. But hey, anyone but Hillary, AmIright?
  3. Seriously. I feel like I just got cropdusted.
  4. Ha! I have a small amount of that, I believe I picked up when you mentioned it over the last couple of years. It's been a dog over the last six months, but that should average back out soon.
  5. Any short term Total US Bond Fund's that anyone here would recommend? US treasuries are obviously the safest, but looking at the yields...yeesh.
  6. Amazing. I'm sure the NRA will be left standing, but nice seeing them take it from rationality for a change. Gun nuts have been ruling the roost for too long.
  7. Radiohead are a shoe in. But what about Nick Cave? PJ Harvey? Ween should be in there, but probably will never make it.
  8. I like the freedom that hotels.com provides. Basically, stay 10 nights at any hotel you choose, and get a credit for a free night. To really get maximum benefit, use a travel card that gives you 2-3% cash back on travel.
  9. Thousands of comics (mostly silver and bronze age) Hundreds of sports cards (mostly RC from the 80's and 90's) that are worth 10% of what they were in the 90's. Hundreds of records (mostly from 90's to present, rock, alt, metal, everything in between) Rock Art Posters (Emek, Neal Williams, Sperry, Slater, etc) Dozens of Books Dozens of Trade Paper Backs (Preacher, Invisibles, Poison Elves, etc)
  10. I'm really tempted to jump on Sprint's lease promotion for the Galaxy 8. It's $8 per month for 18 months, with a $187.50 payoff to own at the end, making it $331.50 total. That being said, I'd really rather stay with T-mobile, for a number of reasons. I have a S6 Edge, which I've loved, up until a couple months ago when it spontaneously cracked. It's a pretty small crack, looks like a BB hit it. I've gotten used to the crack. The allure of the S8 is there, but so is the potential to suck as the carrier would change to Sprint.
  11. Yeah, this is about as good as it gets around here, for cap rate, and having a place that is half way decent. After putting the 25% down, it should be cash flow positive. I'm going to pull the 25% out of my own house, which I own outright, then get a loan on the rental for the other 75%. From what I understand, with the interest deduction, and new tax laws, it's better to do that than pull most of the $ out of my home. All that being said, I have to go through the appraisal process, and by the time that's done, this place will probably be long gone.
  12. I'm still looking here in the Portland area, but finding cap rates of 5 or more usually means they are a dump in a bad part of town. Otherwise, no positive cash-flow unless I'm willing to put 25% down into a 400k+ place. Freaking crazy, but liking it more than the other investment alternatives at the moment.
  13. Well, hell, apparently I should have held onto my shares. Anti-####### Midas touch, I swear...I can't even keep the few winners I have. Only chance of getting them any cheaper now is dilution, and good luck with that, looking at the recent run-up.
  14. You too? I just discovered that you can't mention Cousin It and DJT in the same sentence.
  15. Same way in Portland. Mortgage interest rates below 7% or 8% is still healthy if economy is strong with employment and income. For the past few years (Arguably a decade) US economy was subsidized by government that rescued industries from auto to banking and housing. Now we are on track to what real economy should look like. Buy vs. Rent is the key to each owner occupied purchase regardless of the price point of the purchase or interest rate.