Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

cjdavis

Members
  • Content Count

    184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About cjdavis

  • Rank
    Footballguy
  1. My link "To my other favorite W.W. it's an honour working with you Fondly, G.B." Thanks, gb.
  2. The book's inscription, what'd it say again? (I was TiVo-less tonight and could only watch it live) A few early episode recaps have it as written by Gale ( or a G.B.). Can anyone confirm? If that's the case, than wow, Walt's sloppy descent continues.
  3. Seppy was getting his review copies way before the viewing public; up 'til last week's ep. So it'll take a bit more time to hammer it out, than usual.
  4. Guess you blinked on the scene, during the Crystal Blue Persuasion montage, where S'all GoodMan got his monthly retainer.Keep up, Jr.
  5. Yeah, I think he knew he'd be pissing people off. But I think he did it out of some misguided attempt at artistic expression, rather than as a prank on the audience.Well, unless I missed it earlier (still working my way through this morning's comments), what idea/theme do you think he attempted to express but either failed at or chose wrong?I'm legitimately curious. ETA: You too, packersfan.
  6. An ironically .The above is precisely why last night's ending was great. Chase single-handedly made 95% of the viewing public entertaining to the remaining 5% of us. Hope he at least has internet access in the south of France to savor all this.Andy Kaufman is smiling somewhere in heaven right now.It's closer to Ashton Kushner then Andy Kaufman.The reason I disagree with this is, IMHO and only in retrospect, Chase telegraphed this ending (and his disdain for the cheap-thrill voyeur) in both last week's Bada-Bing hit on Silvio/Patsy and then again in the graphic demise of Phil Leotardo. It's all in the prolonged reaction shots of the Bing clientelle and the guys at the gas station last night.There was profound meaning in Chase's "prank". Can't say the same for Kutcher's.
  7. Please stop. Are you really arguing that Chase deliberately made the ending suck just to "Punk" people? at the ending sucking. a lot of bitterness in hur. I thought the ending sucked, but I have no problem with the posters saying that liked it. What I think is idiotic are people like cjdavis who agree that the ending sucked, but think its suckiness is proof of the show's brilliance.No. I'm arguing that Chase made the "ending suck" (not mine, but your words & relative to you and legions of others) because way, waaay too much viewer stock was put into how this series should/could end. And I don't think a neat (as in Tony's murder or Tony's flipping or Tony's further rise in Mob power, or any other viewer-ascribed) ending was the point. This was a pretty true-to-life series, IMHO. And real life ain't always neat. Thus the ambiguous non-resolution.Tell me this, FGIaLC. If you had to guess, do you think Chase expected the generally poor-reception this finale received in the media, here and elsewhere? Was his choice of such an "FU" deliberate, in your opinion?
  8. An ironically .The above is precisely why last night's ending was great. Chase single-handedly made 95% of the viewing public entertaining to the remaining 5% of us. Hope he at least has internet access in the south of France to savor all this.Andy Kaufman is smiling somewhere in heaven right now.The Chase apologists are really getting ridiculous now. Since when did pretending to understand David Chase = high IQ?Did this new trend start last night?Where did I mention anything about high IQ's? I can't help but notice a little defensiveness in your reply, Hulk.Funny to me <> funny to you. Everyone gets "Punk'd" sometme in life. It just so happened to many last night.That's entertaining.YMMV.
  9. An ironically .The above is precisely why last night's ending was great. Chase single-handedly made 95% of the viewing public entertaining to the remaining 5% of us. Hope he at least has internet access in the south of France to savor all this. Andy Kaufman is smiling somewhere in heaven right now. The Chase apologists are really getting ridiculous now.
  10. An ironically .The above is precisely why last night's ending was great. Chase single-handedly made 95% of the viewing public entertaining to the remaining 5% of us. Hope he at least has internet access in the south of France to savor all this. Andy Kaufman is smiling somewhere in heaven right now. That's exactly what I said last night in this thread.
  11. Personally I liked the ending but I see why many wouldn't. Too many Matrix crowds these days. Maybe it would have been a better ending if Mt Newark would have erupted and the five families of New York were standing on rocks picking each other off. I'm sure that would have been much more memorable. I can sympathize with people's frustrations. Would it have been more exciting to have some real violent executions? Certainly. Would that kind of ending be true to the show's spirit? Nope.I agree that it wouldn't have been true to the show. But, he didn't end it, he clearly cut it off before the scene was over. Whatever was happening in that scene wasn't done happening, and the thing just abruptly ended.Its like you've been riding down this awesome slide for 7 years, enjoying it, and instead of smoothly landing and getting off at the bottom, there is a freaking brick wall that you slam into instead. Thanks, David Chase, for building a brick wall to slam me into. It was like someone posted earlier: you read a really good, long book, and at the end you find out someone tore out the last 5 pages.And that's entertaining. That look on YOUR face right after that realization.Again, W. W. A. K. D.?
  12. An ironically .The above is precisely why last night's ending was great. Chase single-handedly made 95% of the viewing public entertaining to the remaining 5% of us. Hope he at least has internet access in the south of France to savor all this.Andy Kaufman is smiling somewhere in heaven right now.
  13. Bingo. For once, an episode title that meant something, "Made in America" as America in decline.Sepinwall nails it.
  14. I'd be very satisfied with that kind of ending.Agreed. This has been my thinking over the last few weeks and I think it would be dark, powerful, and understandable. Remember, this show began as a fight for Tony's soul (Melfi vs. the Mob). It would not surprise me in the least if Chase knew long ago that Melfi was going to lose that fight. More importantly, it seems that Chase has been making an even darker point. That is, it's one thing to show that analysis is impotent, but quite another to show that Tony is capable of using analysis to make himself a bigger/better gangster (unconsciously perhaps). There have been many points throughout the series where I've felt that his analysis/insight has made him exactly that and while I do not expect Chase to make the point so apparent in the final episodes, I would not be surprised to see Tony on top at the end (i.e. he gains the world but loses his soul in the process). Indeed, I'm reminded of the ending to Crimes and Misdemenaors where Martin Landau character is telling Woody Allen's character that his story is one where a man does terrible things, but instead of being punished by the universe, he finds that he benefits from it. That sounds like an ending Chase could appreciate. Both :goodposting:s.Sepinwall re-visits the eppy and, I think, concurs with this theme:
  15. Ray Curto died while ratting to an FBI agent in a car. Far as we know, there are no rats left.