What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RETURNING THE RAIDERS TO GLORY (2 Viewers)

PHILLIP BUCHANON 60 yard TOUCHDOWN on the PUNT RETURN!!He turned the corner and was gone!!OAKLAND fans going crazy!!RAIDERS have turned a 20-10 deficit into a 24-20 lead!!

ROMANOWSKI makes another SUPERB tackle on RICKY WILLIAMS - every time he comes pounding off right-tackle there ROMO is waiting for him, waiting to knock him to the ground! I don't know what "dietary supplements" ROMO is on, but they seem to be working!FINS are going to have to punt the ball again!

PUNT goes all the way to the 1!RAIDERS are going to have to start their next drive from there!Just avoid a safety, baby!

Now GANNON hits PORTER out to the 25 and the RAIDERS can breathe easy again!RAIDERS clinging to a 24-20 lead in the 4th!

DOUG JOLLEY TO MIDFIELD!!The big guy received a short pass from GANNON and lumbered all the way to midfield, bouncing off tackles!

But the RAIDERS have to be happy with a JANIKOWSKI 22 yard FG, the score is 27-20 RAIDERS with 3'27 left in the FOURTH QUARTER!

JANIKOWSKI knocks home another FG, this one from 47 yards, and the RAIDERS increase their lead to 30-20! 1'11 left in the game!

HUGE performance from ROMO leads the RAIDERS to victory and a place in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME where they will face the NEW YORK JETS!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's all for now! The story of the RAIDERS will return tomorrow!Thanks to everyone for their support and interest! :thumbup:

Hey Portis, when you're creating players this time around, can you take name suggestions from the FFA? No more boring names like Brad Smith, please.
He creates players? Creating players in an actual simulation is a questionable tactic at best. It's too easily exploited.Also, Portis, you claimed that you are at a disadvantage because you don't do training camp. This is INCORRECT. The CPU teams don't do training camp, so you are just staying at their level. People that DO use training camp are gaining an advantage over the CPU.You mission here is neat, and I do it myself with Madden from time to time, but you are using VERY QUESTIONABLE TACTICS. Unless you lay off these 'cheats' you are employing, your accomplishments are MEANINGLESS.

Hey Portis, when you're creating players this time around, can you take name suggestions from the FFA? No more boring names like Brad Smith, please.
He creates players? Creating players in an actual simulation is a questionable tactic at best. It's too easily exploited.Also, Portis, you claimed that you are at a disadvantage because you don't do training camp. This is INCORRECT. The CPU teams don't do training camp, so you are just staying at their level. People that DO use training camp are gaining an advantage over the CPU.You mission here is neat, and I do it myself with Madden from time to time, but you are using VERY QUESTIONABLE TACTICS. Unless you lay off these 'cheats' you are employing, your accomplishments are MEANINGLESS.
He doesn't create them; he just renames them when he drafts them.

Right, the game always gives new players really lame names like Randy Rotolo or whatever (several ones continually crop up again and again - I suspect these names of being those of the programmers). I just rename them according to which player in the 2004 draft class they most resemble.

Right, the game always gives new players really lame names like Randy Rotolo or whatever (several ones continually crop up again and again - I suspect these names of being those of the programmers). I just rename them according to which player in the 2004 draft class they most resemble.
So are you gonna let us name them or what? Or at least name them after posters in the FFA. Like an offensive lineman named fatguy inalittlecoat. Dude, I'm not asking for much here. Throw me a bone.

So are you gonna let us name them or what? Or at least name them after posters in the FFA. Like an offensive lineman named fatguy inalittlecoat. Dude, I'm not asking for much here. Throw me a bone.
:goodposting:This could increase interest in this thread exponentially from :sleep: to :mellow:

I'm tempted to buy Madden now just so I can rename a prospect "Jericho Smoo".

,Sep 7 2004, 09:29 AM]

:goodposting:This could increase interest in this thread exponentially from :sleep: to :mellow:
This is a GREAT idea! :thumbup:

FB, anyone? Zack Crockett will be retiring soon. We need someone hard-hitting, and yet dependable and solid.

FB, anyone? Zack Crockett will be retiring soon. We need someone hard-hitting, and yet dependable and solid.
Wouldn't Fullback Fro be the obvious candidate?
:wall: too slow..I guess that makes me a lineman (although I'm a little svelte to be one).

Some suggestions. At first I was trying to fit people to positions, but that seemed too hard so eventually I just started throwing out names that I thought should be represented.

Running Back

Rumpleforeskin

rocco

Fullback

Fullback Fro

Wide Receiver

Zippy

Tough as Nails

Quarterback

General Malaise

Right Tackle

Yankee23fan

Right Guard

Andy Dufresne

Center

WetDream

Left Guard

Sulla

Left Tackle

Kilgore Trout

Tight End

Bigbottom

Left Defensive End

Shick!

Nose Tackle

Jerismoo

Right Defensive End

Mr. Pickles

Left Outside Linebacker

scoobygang

Left Inside Linebacker

Maurile Tremblay

Right Inside Linebacker

cocoagirl

Right Outside Linebacker

Magnificent B Productions

Left Cornerback

shining path

Free Safety

Cross-Eyed

Strong Safety

Right Cornerback

Joe Bryant

Kicker

Save FerrisB

Punter

Greg Peens

Kick Returner

Beckster

Punt Returner

Goal to Go Girl

Long Snapper

fatguyinalittlecoat

Holder

Men in Cleats

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, I forgot about randall. He needs to be there for sure--he's addicted to these threads. Make him like a running back or something.
Very sad, but very true. If Portis finds another Rashaun Woods-type WR prospect, I want to be him.

Portis are the 7 year contracts going to hurt you more cap-wise than in the older version of Madden? I always thought that was a tremendous flaw - They should make you have signing bonuses and make you take the hit if you cut a guy or he retires.
I have to agree, this thread is great with this one exception. The abuse of the contracts and no pro-rated signing bonuses, excellerated cap hits for cut\retired players is very flawed.

Users who are viewing this thread