What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RETURNING THE RAIDERS TO GLORY (1 Viewer)

Well, the RAIDERS continue their odyssey with a fourth straight title, but regular readers of the story will know that it hasn't been easy -- even in the AFC Championship Game against the Bengals it looked like we were heading for defeat!

just noticed we were back in action....looks like another dominating win for us....our defense seems to have played superbly...another FAMOUS victory...woo hoo

Looks like the beginning of the end for him. Time to draft a highly rated rookie and start the replacement process.Outside Contain never lived up to expectations either.
RANDALL MAGNUM is UNTOUCHABLE! A LIVING LEGEND! They'll be putting up statues of this guy once he's done!

Well, it's going to be an interesting off-season.We know that this will be the final seasons of EDGERRIN JAMES, KEVIN MAWAE and SAMARI ROLLE. That's going to create a big opportunity at RB, where the position is wide open, C, where young SNOW MONKEY will take over, and CB, where TANNER BOYLE and PEDRO FLUFHED await their chance.

RETIRED:Peerless PriceBrian KellyTodd PinkstonLamont JordanPEERLESS PRICE was a contributor for us in the playoffs this year, while BRIAN KELLY had a couple of solid seasons as a reserve DB for us. TODD PINKSTON had his moments as a reserve WR, while LAMONT JORDAN played out his final season, in an act of art imitating life, for the Raiders.

RE-SIGNED:Charles Woodson (43/7)Rod Coleman (44/7)Jonathan Ogden (48/7)These three veteran holdouts are all nearing the end of their careers and have their holdouts shamelessly rewarded with more money.

RE-SIGNED:RANDALL MAGNUM (85/7)OUTSIDE CONTAIN (35/7)These two came into the league together and are now being rewarded with big money contracts together. MAGNUM gets the biggest contract ever awarded to a Raider.

NOT RE-SIGNED:Russell PattonKenyon ColemanR.B. FiskRalph WhitfieldSome serious contributors departing here. WHITFIELD was backup to MAGNUM in the SUPER BOWL vs the REDSKINS and came on to throw for 197 yards and 3 TDs in a single quarter of action - still legendary production. COLEMAN was on the Raiders roster from Day 1 and started the first seven years of the dynasty - it was only the acquisition of GRANT WISTROM that ended his time with the Silver and Black. FISK had some big games as a reserve WR, notably when he scored two TDs against the STEELERS in the playoffs of Year Six. PATTON was just a backup OL.

DRAFT:As ever, we are looking for a HB of the future.A FB of the future would be good here too, B.J. ASKEW is nearing the end.A LG of the future (BOSS HOGG?) will be required in the next year or two when FRANK MIDDLETON retires.Similarly a LT of the future when JONATHAN OGDEN retires.We could also take a WR here to groom for the eventual departure of JERRY PORTER and D-JAX.

DRAFT:

We could also take a WR here to groom for the eventual departure of JERRY PORTER and D-JAX.
I hear there's a good up and coming WR/TE in the college ranks named REIGN SUPREME. Very tough over the middle with good speed and hands. What better name to add to a dynasty that is this Raiders team than REIGN SUPREME.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear there's a good up and coming WR/TE in the college ranks named REIGN SUPREME. Very tough over the middle with good speed and hands. What better name to add to a dynasty that is this Raiders team than REIGN SUPREME.
This is quite a coincidence, because the best prospect in the 1st round is a WR!Ranked only 64 overall, the prospect nonetheless has SPEED 99! You can't teach that! Other attributes like AGILITY (72) and ACCELERATE (71) and CATCH (75) are relatively low, but those will go up with experience. The important thing is to have that raw speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
We draft the superfast WR and rename him REIGN SUPREME!Welcome to the RAIDERS, REIGN SUPREME!REIGN SUPREME is signed to a $4m/5 year contract.

FREE AGENCY:AT LAST we find a HB of the future!He's named DON OLSON, and although he's relatively lowly ranked (74) he's got unbelievable core values.SPEED 98AGILITY 98ACCELERATE 82Can't wait to see him in action! He'll be our starter after EDGE retires!

Finally - an opportunity we can't miss out on.95-ranked MLB NICK BARNETT is out there and he's younger, faster and more agile than our guy, NAPOLEON HARRIS.Hate to see NAPOLEON on the way out, but BARNETT is the future at MLB for us.He's signed to a $38m/7 year deal.

Note how SNOW MONKEY is already ranked a very solid 84. With him about to take over from KEVIN MAWAE, that means the Raiders all-star O-line should accommodate the departure of MAWAE without skipping a beat.

Only reason his draft stock fell was because of the incident in the Phillipines with the hookers which turned out to be transsexuals.
It wouldn't be the first time a sports star fell for a Lady Boy.

Note how SNOW MONKEY is already ranked a very solid 84. With him about to take over from KEVIN MAWAE, that means the Raiders all-star O-line should accommodate the departure of MAWAE without skipping a beat.
strength 99...no roids

RE-SIGNED:

RANDALL MAGNUM (85/7)

OUTSIDE CONTAIN (35/7)

These two came into the league together and are now being rewarded with big money contracts together. MAGNUM gets the biggest contract ever awarded to a Raider.
Sweet. Now that my ship has come in I can finally hire the world's greatest trainers and work towards my dream of becoming an NFL kicker!!

We draft the superfast WR and rename him REIGN SUPREME!

Welcome to the RAIDERS, REIGN SUPREME!

REIGN SUPREME is signed to a $4m/5 year contract.
How very Al Davisian of you, drafting the speedy yet not talented WR in the first. Willie Gault gives this pick a :thumbup:

We draft the superfast WR and rename him REIGN SUPREME!

Welcome to the RAIDERS, REIGN SUPREME!

REIGN SUPREME is signed to a $4m/5 year contract.
How very Al Davisian of you, drafting the speedy yet not talented WR in the first. Willie Gault gives this pick a :thumbup:
Make him your b*tch ... he'll gladly carry your bags, since you'll be the one throwing passes at him.That reminds me ... Snow Monkey, bring me another beer!

Can't believed I missed all the playoff/superbowl action. It looks like I am doing OK on special teams, so that's good. But c'mon coach....get me on the field more and let me show you what I can do!! :football: :football: :football:

Can't believed I missed all the playoff/superbowl action. It looks like I am doing OK on special teams, so that's good. But c'mon coach....get me on the field more and let me show you what I can do!!
I can confirm that you are due to replace ERIC BARTON at OLB next season. :boxing:

72 are from Portis
:no: This is a TEAM effort, baby! Randall Magnum, Silverback Surfer, Snow Monkey, Reign Supreme, Mad Cow, Love Muscle, Outside Contain, Polish Hammer, Tanner Boyle, Pedro Flufhed, those are the guys!

Can't believed I missed all the playoff/superbowl action. It looks like I am doing OK on special teams, so that's good. But c'mon coach....get me on the field more and let me show you what I can do!!
I can confirm that you are due to replace ERIC BARTON at OLB next season. :boxing:
Slide Barnett over to OLB... he's dominant over there. :thumbup:

Slide Barnett over to OLB... he's dominant over there.
That would be a fine move, but the Hammer with his speed 95 is going to be such a head-hunter on the outside, he would close down an entire side of the field.

Users who are viewing this thread