What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RETURNING THE RAIDERS TO GLORY (1 Viewer)

WILDCARD RAIDERS go on the road to the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME... where the 14-2 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS and TOM BRADY await!

What a matchup... the 11-5 wildcard RAIDERS have to go into frozen New England to take on the team with the league's best record, the 14-2 PATRIOTS!

Another fine performance!
I tell you, this guy is the finest QB I have ever seen in Madden. He drops back so swiftly, and then ZING! The ball is out of there and in the WR's hands. He's got a howitzer of an arm and his motion is so precise and accurate. If the WRs are covered then he'll pause, wait for them to get open, then pump-fake and look for the deep ball. If nothing's open deep he'll lay it off to the HB coming out into the flat. He's just a machine.

On 4th and inches, CHARGER QB DOUGLAS is SACKED by ERIC BARTON, and that will do it!

MAGNUM KNEELS!
RANDALL MAGNUM is the MVP for his 392 yard performance!
WILDCARD RAIDERS go on the road to the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME... where the 14-2 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS and TOM BRADY await!
sweet....we rollin...team player here, patiently waiting my turn to contribute to and continue the dominance.

SCOUTING THE PATRIOTS...TOM BRADY is a superlative QB, ranked 97 overall... nearly as good as RANDALL MAGNUM! He has the best WR corps in the game with 96-ranked BETHEL JOHNSON and 92-ranked DEION BRANCH, both speed merchants... TE is in the hands of the capable DANIEL GRAHAM (79). The Pats have brought in FAs LT ORLANDO PACE (86) and LG REUBEN BROWN (90) to anchor their line... they've loaded up with veteran FAs across the board, actually, rather like the Raiders.On the DL, FA DE MIKE RUCKER (90) is a monster, as is DT BRYANT YOUNG (90)... another FA acquisition. OLB ROSEVELT COLVIN (92) is top notch, as is TEDDY BRUSCHI (87). CBs URBAN (93) and EVANS (85) are a fine pairing, while ADAM ARCHULETA (97) is the best safety in the game! ADAM VINATIERI (97) is the best K in the game.Overall, you can see why they went 14-2... they spent a lot of money on FAs and they have superb talent. They are only $2.23m beneath the cap, even less than the Raiders!Finally, they have the best record in the league 14-2!

What a test for the WILDCARD RAIDERS... seeking to continue their unbelievable glory run... going into the ICY NEW ENGLAND TUNDRA!11-5 RAIDERS at 14-2 PATRIOTS for a place in the SUPER BOWL!

I should be in there returning kicks with my speed.
You are actually the #3 KR. Problem is although you have superlative speed you have low "awareness" which means you are more likely to fumble the ball and make other rookie mistakes.

MAGNUM gets it to D-JAX and the veteran possession receiver rumbles all the way to the PATRIOTS 8!FIRST DOWN AND GOAL TO GO!

BRADY goes DEEP to DEION BRANCH on 3rd and long but CHARLES WOODSON is there to deny him!What a CB he is, we're really going to miss him when he retires... which won't be long now! Then the Raiders vaunted D may not be quite so potent...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reserve DB CHRIS CASH makes a fine tackle to deny BRADY and the PATS and they'll have to punt again.Excellent D from the RAIDERS, WOODSON and BUCHANON are jamming the PATS speed WRs, JOHNSON and BRANCH, and they're having trouble getting separation, so BRADY is having to look over the middle, but the RAIDERS have got that covered with their superlative safeties and amazingly speedy LBs.

RAIDERS drive underway, MAGNUM has just found D-JAX again, the old guy is playing out of his skin in this crucial AFC Championship Game.

INCREDIBLE PLAY!!!It was THIRD AND LONG, and the RAIDERS went into their 5 WR formation - PORTER, D-JAX, BURRESS, MORGAN and SUPREME.SUPREME, who at this stage of his career is all speed and no smarts, went deep on the play, straight for the end zone, and MAGNUM lofted a beautiful deep ball straight into his hands for the 42 yard score!REIGN SUPREME TOUCHDOWN!!!

THAT is why I love this game - it's so intuitive! If I had an amazingly fast WR who was still a clueless rookie, that's what I'd do - tell him not to bother running a fancy route, just run straight for the end zone, and look back when he gets there and catch the ball! And that is exactly what the RAIDERS and RANDALL MAGNUM did!

With only 25 seconds left and on their own 14 yard line, the RAIDERS run Edge and then let the clock run down.That will do it for the first half!Defensive affair with BRADY restricted by a superb RAIDER defensive showing to a mere 48 yards passing in the half. But until REIGN SUPREME struck for OAKLAND all they had to show for their efforts were 2 JANIKOWSKI FGs.

Rookie REIGN SUPREME and his 99 speed scores his first playoff TD! I'm pretty sure it won't be his last!
I owe it all to the extra time I've been putting in with RANDALL MAGNUM to work on timing. I plan on staying at his house during the off-season to train.

Users who are viewing this thread