What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unofficial $20K Contest Roster thread (1 Viewer)

Red Hot Tamales

Footballguy
I realize a lot of people are posting their rosters over in the other 20K thread, but there is a lot of fluff there too. Post your rosters here. I'll put mine here in about, oh, 21 minutes.

I realize a lot of people are posting their rosters over in the other 20K thread, but there is a lot of fluff there too. Post your rosters here. I'll put mine here in about, oh, 21 minutes.
Glad to hear it!! Everyone will be ready for a good laugh at that time.

Glad to hear it!! Everyone will be ready for a good laugh at that time.
Anticipation has me laughing already. Wanna work in a side-bet Bristol? Sig-bet?
I NEVER back down from any bet, especially one proposed from a whiny tool like yourself.Get ready to go down. This is not 2003.

Glad to hear it!!  Everyone will be ready for a good laugh at that time.
Anticipation has me laughing already. Wanna work in a side-bet Bristol? Sig-bet?
I NEVER back down from any bet, especially one proposed from a whiny tool like yourself.Get ready to go down. This is not 2003.
I've got your bubblegum.
Just as I figured....When you get called out, you back away.
Not for a second am I backing down. I'm surprised you read it any differently.

I've got your bubblegum.
Ok then, here is the bet.Whoever bows out of the contest first, loses. They must then place the signature of the winners choosing on their profile immediately. The signature must remain on the losers signature for as long as the winner remains in the contest.Deal?

Phew! Sure glad we got rid of all that fluff!
Please post your team and get this thread moving in the right direction. I'll assume my sig bet with Bristol is on and leave it at that.
21 minutes was up 10 minutes ago....Where is YOUR lineup? :rolleyes:

I've got your bubblegum.
Ok then, here is the bet.Whoever bows out of the contest first, loses. They must then place the signature of the winners choosing on their profile immediately. The signature must remain on the losers signature for as long as the winner remains in the contest.Deal?
Yes Sir, it's a deal.

Here it is:QB: 17 - Brady 15 - Pennington 3 - WarnerRB: 32 - KJones 32 - CBrown 15 - J Jones 14 - T. Bell 11 - SJacksonWR 17 - BLloyd 13 - DBranch 10 - D. Stallworth 10 - R. Gardner 9 - CRogers 6 - T. Calico 5 - Kev. JohnsonTE 6 - A. Gates 6 Des. ClarkK 4 - J. Kasey 7 - A. VinatieriDEF 10- NE 8 - Carolina

Here it is:QB: 17 - Brady 15 - Pennington 3 - WarnerRB: 32 - KJones 32 - CBrown 15 - J Jones 14 - T. Bell 11 - SJacksonWR 17 - BLloyd 13 - DBranch 10 - D. Stallworth 10 - R. Gardner 9 - CRogers 6 - T. Calico 5 - Kev. JohnsonTE 6 - A. Gates 6 Des. ClarkK 4 - J. Kasey 7 - A. VinatieriDEF 10- NE 8 - Carolina
Bristol is going to own that sad lineup.PS: Mine's bigger than both of yours. :P

Paid extra to get McNair and liked the value of T. Jones, Brown and Westbrook (all 3 for the price of LT or Priest). I need either Fargas or J. Jones playing a lot by week 5 since Westbrook and T. Jones are on a bye. I tried to fill my WR's with cheap guys that could explode this year. Also made sure I only have one WR on a bye each week. McMichael/Jones are a good combo since they are solid and I'm covered if there's an injury. Had to get the top K for $8. Rams and Eagles are both top D's by the scoring method and play against bad teams and great value at $4 and $6.QB - $36 (Carr, Delhomme, McNair)RB - $113 (Fargas, Julius Jones, Thomas Jones, Chris Brown, Westbrook)WR - $65 (Eric Parker, Terrell, Rogers, Fitzgerald, Stallworth, McCareins, Lloyd)TE - $15 (Freddie Jones, McMichael)K - $11 (Vanderjagt, Hanson)DEF - $10 (Rams, Eagles)

Last edited by a moderator:
P ManningCarrFiedlerHolmesQuentinSuggsAlstottPittmanKeyshawnRogersFitzgeraldClaytonEric ParkerTerrellMillerJolleyHansonEdingerTB DSeattle DI don't know how somebody could go into this thing with the opportunity to take a Priest or LT and not do it...at least Ahman. I was much more willing to pay the big money for them, rather than take a roll of the dice with Brown or Westbrook, etc. You need to get as close to guaranteed stats as you can...those top guys provide it.

After much tweaking this is what I came up with:QB: Leftwich $11 Delhomme $10 Plummer $11RB: K. Jones $32 T. Jones $33 C. Brown $32 Griffin $20 Pittman $3WR:Rogers $9 Givens $10 Porter $21 Burress $19 Bryant Johnson $2 Stokley $2 Bradford $2 TE: Graham $11 Stevens $4K: Edinger $2 Kasay $4Def: Baltimore $9 Seattle $3

The only thing Cappela is that an off week for one of those guys and there's a good chance you get sent packing. If you make it to the 4 week showdown, a guy like Priest is great, but the risk of him having 2 off games during the first 12 weeks might be hard to overcome. Then again, he doesn't have many off weeks.My goal was to not score the most points each week, just finish in the middle of the pack. Probably won't bode well if i make it far though.I went with Manning too. When you take into account weather late in the season and his health history, I thought the $32 was reasonable. One of his toughest matchups gets washed away Week 1. I thought that was a plus.

P ManningCarrFiedlerHolmesQuentinSuggsAlstottPittmanKeyshawnRogersFitzgeraldClaytonEric ParkerTerrellMillerJolleyHansonEdingerTB DSeattle DI don't know how somebody could go into this thing with the opportunity to take a Priest or LT and not do it...at least Ahman. I was much more willing to pay the big money for them, rather than take a roll of the dice with Brown or Westbrook, etc. You need to get as close to guaranteed stats as you can...those top guys provide it.
If Priest has an off day or out for a game or two, you're done.I see your point and don't think I didn't consider doing it, but to make it through the whole season with injuries and byes is hard. I liked the option of taking the best 2 or 3 scores from Westbrook, T. Jones and C. Brown rather than lay the entire load on Priest or LT.

The only thing Cappela is that an off week for one of those guys and there's a good chance you get sent packing. If you make it to the 4 week showdown, a guy like Priest is great, but the risk of him having 2 off games during the first 12 weeks might be hard to overcome. Then again, he doesn't have many off weeks.
exactly. If he gets hurt or something, I'm screwed, but in a shot in the dark contest like this, I couldn't pass up having the best option available. If I lose, I want to lose with the best player. Also why I spent the $$ on Manning.

With this scoring, the Rams and Eagles are almost even.----Baltimore (Bal/6) - $9Washington (Was/7) - $3BALT is so far ahead of the other Ds that I thought they were a must have. Washington's schedule fits nicely.

i'm hoping Ahman breaks his hip or something....Then I'd like to see just how many INT's Farve throwsI hate the Packers,I hate Farve!

Gulp! I just read in the other $20k thread that DDodds said he expects the # of contestants in this contest to jump to nearly 10,000. My roster HEAVILY favors players with week#3 byes based upon earlier intelligence that only 6,000 contestants (approximately) had registered a team as of early this morning. Who knew the contestant number would jump 50% on the last day!This ought to breathe new life into Bristol's chances.

If Priest has an off day or out for a game or two, you're done.
Beats the hell out of depending on Thomas Jones to finally have a good season, or Westbrook to stay healthy. :2cents:

QB's--$30--Pennington-Gannon-CarrRB's--$104--Brown-Westbrook-Griffin-Suggs-M WilliamsWR's--$88--J Smith-R Ferguson-I Hilliard-E Kennison-R Wayne-J Galloway-B LloydTE's--$9--Gates-E JohnsonK's-$6--Cundiff-KasayDEF--$6-Seahawks-BroncosTotal spent=$243Taking home 15 grand against you yahoo's=Priceless :thumbup:

With this scoring, the Rams and Eagles are almost even.----Baltimore (Bal/6) - $9Washington (Was/7) - $3BALT is so far ahead of the other Ds that I thought they were a must have. Washington's schedule fits nicely.
huh?
Defense Scoring (Def)Sack = 1 pointInterception = 2 pointsFumble Recovery = 2 pointsSafety = 2 pointsDefensive/ST TD = 6 points (Kickoff return, punt return, blocked FG return, blocked punt return, interception return, fumble recovery return)This really de-emphasizes sacks and closes the gap between the top teams.The Ravens are still a good pick for $9, but the Rams and Eagles are a better combo for the money ($10 total).

I see your point and don't think I didn't consider doing it, but to make it through the whole season with injuries and byes is hard. I liked the option of taking the best 2 or 3 scores from Westbrook, T. Jones and C. Brown rather than lay the entire load on Priest or LT.
Agreed, but if you're going to win this thing, you have to do it with the best players. I think I have sufficient depth with Q/Suggs and Pitt (when he gets back, especially with the 1 pt/reception) to cover me if Priest has an off day.If he's hurt or out for a while, I'm ####ed.

I see your point and don't think I didn't consider doing it, but to make it through the whole season with injuries and byes is hard. I liked the option of taking the best 2 or 3 scores from Westbrook, T. Jones and C. Brown rather than lay the entire load on Priest or LT.
Agreed, but if you're going to win this thing, you have to do it with the best players. I think I have sufficient depth with Q/Suggs and Pitt (when he gets back, especially with the 1 pt/reception) to cover me if Priest has an off day.If he's hurt or out for a while, I'm ####ed.
Cap, I think you left out a WR from your roster, you only posted 6.

With the point per reception rule, I think there needs to more emphasis on WRs and TEs. That being said, I took the safest bet for a stud WR in Harrison and filled out the rest of the corp with mostly upside guys. See sig for team.

QB ($27)

Brett Favre (GB/9) - $15

David Carr (HOU/7) - $6

Rex Grossman (CHI/5) - $6

RB ($138)

Edgerrin James (IND/6) - $73

Chris Brown (TEN/9) - $32

Steven Jackson (STL/8) - $11

Julius Jones (DAL/4) - $15

Richie Anderson (DAL/4) - $7

WR ($60)

Charles Rogers (DET/4) - $9

Brandon Lloyd (SF/7) - $17

Joey Galloway (TB/8) - $13

Donte Stallworth (NO/8) - $10

Drew Bennett (TEN/9) - $4

Reggie Williams (JAC/9) - $5

Corey Bradford (HOU/7) - $2

TE ($13)

Jason Witten (DAL/4) - $7

Antonio Gates (SD/10) - $6

PK ($5)

Doug Brien (NYJ/3) - $3

Billy Cundiff (DAL/4) - $2

DEF ($7)

Green Bay/9 - $4

Seattle/4 - $3

QB - $32T Green 18J McCown 8D Carr 6 RB - $139D McAllister 88C Brown 32J Jones 15J Fargas 2C Perry 2WR - $66P Burress 19L Fitzgerald 11E Kennison 11D Stalworth 10C Rogers 9D Bennett 4D Terrell 2TE - $5B Miller 3D Jolley 2PK - $4B Cundif 2P Edinger 2DF -$4Houston DF 2Cinncy DF 2

QB - $48

Peyton Manning - $32

Jake Delhomme - $10

David Carr - $6

In order to win this thing you're going to need some guys who can have truly monster weeks. Manning has a lot of those and was worth the cost IMO. I like Delhomme and Carr as backups in the survivor format because each has top 10 potential and plenty of job security. As I see things I have three rock solid QB's. The only way these guys won't be scoring points in week 17 is injury.

RB - $115

Kevin Jones - $33 ($32?)

Thomas Jones - $33

Chris Brown - $32

Lee Suggs - $15

Justin Fargas - $2

The goal here was to get four starting backs who all have elite potential. Kevin Jones, Thomas Jones, Chris Brown, and Lee Suggs are all capable of having monster weeks and none of them comes with the hefty price tag of a more established back. They're all very risky, but that's why I have four of them. I'm just hoping that Suggs isn't seriously injured.

Justin Fargas is one of my top sleepers this year. I think he's going to be a factor in Oakland. He has what I wanted out of my #5 RB: opportunity and upside.

WR - $62

Andre Johnson - $31

Charles Rogers - $9

Kevin Johnson - $5

Andre Davis - $4

Drew Bennett - $4

Kelley Washington - $6

Ike Hilliard - $3

I really like Andre Johnson this year. I feel like he'll provide top 10 production with the potential for some monster weeks. I couldn't pass him up for this price. I think Charles Rogers and Kevin Johnson are going to have good seasons. I selected Davis, Bennett, Washington, and Hilliard because I think they are solid WR's who will catch some passes here and there. Between these seven guys I should be able to field a nice WR unit each week. I initially had the Calico/Bennett combination, but I had to replace Calico with Washington when Tyrone got hurt.

TE - $9

Antonio Gates - $6

LJ Smith - $3

I felt like a bit of a sucker taking Gates because I knew everyone and their brother would have him, but he made sense for the money. He and LJ Smith give me a nice combination. I may come to regret not shelling out the big bucks for a stud TE, but we'll see.

PK - ?

Josh Brown - $?

Kris Brown - $2

I had some extra money so I went big here and got Josh Brown. I think Kris Brown is a great sleeper kicker this year. He had a top ten season in Pittsburgh and I like the direction of the Houston offense.

DEF - $8

Vikings - $5

Jets - $3

I love Minny's D this year. They're looking nasty. I'm not extremely high on the Jets, but they'll have two games against Miami and their bye week fit in well with my team.

COMMENTS

- I'm surprised I haven't seen more of Thomas and Kevin Jones on the rosters I've looked at so far. Thomas Jones is on a terrible team, but he's looked great in the preseason and showed serious signs of life last year. I think I'm the first person with KJ on my team, which is a bit shocking. I think he's a better RB than Chris Brown, although his team isn't as good as the Titans. Nevertheless, I think he's a great option at his listed price. I knew a lot of people would have Suggs and Brown at RB, but I still couldn't pass them up. Fargas could be a real steal at $2, although it looks like a decent amount of people chose him.

- My general strategy at RB was to go with a committee of promising second tier backs. Kevin Jones, Thomas Jones, and Chris Brown cost less combined than Priest Holmes does alone. I don't think it's wise to pay top dollar for a known quantity at RB here. It weakens your overall depth and makes your team too dependent on one guy.

- I decided to go fairly cheap at WR. With seven players to fill three slots there's simply no reason to pay for a star-studded WR group. This is especially true because even the best WR's seem to be relatively inconsistent on a week to week basis.

- Last year I spent a ton of time on this contest and my team more or less stunk. This year I only edited my lineup a handful of times and they were mostly minor changes. I think this is because I have gained a lot of experience with the survivor format since last year. I have a general strategy for this format now and I think it's a good one.

Just did a post in the other, but I'll go a little in depth here.Green, Trent Brady, Tom Carr, David QBs are a lot more important than a lot of people have been crediting them. You need AT LEAST 20 pts per week @ QB to survive, IMO, so the more QBs with good shots at that the better. Almost went Pennington instead of Green, but figured Greens big games would benefit me a bit more.Jones, Thomas Dunn, Warrick Suggs, Lee Pittman, Michael Fargas, Justin Lots of value in about 8 RBs (Brown, JJones, Griffin, KJones and Westbrook) Went with TJones and Dunn because of the 1/rec, as well as Pittman, who I think I can afford the 3 week suspension with. Fargas is another big sleeper who is a steal at $2, especially since you don't pick starters. Overall, I'm betting a minimum of 30 pts per week will be needed.Smith, Jimmy Porter, Jerry Lloyd, Brandon Fitzgerald, Larry Rogers, Charles Driver, Donald Davis, Andre' I went a lot harder on WR than others, because I think the sleepers will have a lot more 5-8 pt days than those in the middle of the pack. From scoring the MBSLs the past 2 years, even with 6 WRs, people more often get killed when the WRs don't perform than when their RBs don't. With the 1/rec, 50 pts per week from your WRs is what I would expect to be needed in the later weeks, and a lot of those all sleeper teams won't be able to do it.Stevens, Jerramy Smith, L.J. TE weekly scoring is so neglible, even with the 1/rec, that it just wasn't worth it to go more.Akers, David  Brown, Josh I want solid production, nothing more. These 2 should deliver.Baltimore Minnesota Scoring is pretty neglible here, but Baltimore wasn't THAT much more than the others, so I spent the extra $5 over KC, who would have been my choice otherwise.Overall, I think 30 pts from the these 3 positions will be the minimum

With the point per reception rule, I think there needs to more emphasis on WRs and TEs.
I agree and am surprised that most teams blew their load at running back; misapplication of the stud rb theory I suppose....I spent $74 on running backs and $128 on wide receivers (but "only" $14 on tight ends).We shall see.... :D

Bristol is going to own that sad lineup.PS: Mine's bigger than both of yours. :P
Thanks for the voteof confidence BassNBrew. And, as a matter of fact, I do believe that you are right!!

Here it is:HasselbeckB. JohnsonCarrC. BrownGriffinSuggsJ. JonesBettisWalkerBurressStallworthFitzgeraldLlloydMcCareinsParkerKinneyStevensVandyHallDenverKC

GREEN, TRENT $18FAVRE, BRETT $15CARR, DAVID $6 WHEATLEY, TYRONE $14GRIFFIN, QUENTIN $20JONES, JULIUS $15BROWN, CHRIS $32JONES, THOMAS $33ROGERS, CHARLES $9LLOYD, BRANDON $17TERRELL, DAVID $2JOHNSON, KEYSHAWN $17PARKER, ERIC $2FERGUSON, ROBERT $4FITZGERALD, LARRY $11WILLIAMS, BOO $14GATES, ANTONIO $6NEDNEY, JOE $4 (looks like he may be just as valuable as last year)CARNEY, JOHN $5 PITTSBURGH, dsp $3SEATTLE, dsp $3

Gulp! I just read in the other $20k thread that DDodds said he expects the # of contestants in this contest to jump to nearly 10,000. My roster HEAVILY favors players with week#3 byes based upon earlier intelligence that only 6,000 contestants (approximately) had registered a team as of early this morning. Who knew the contestant number would jump 50% on the last day!This ought to breathe new life into Bristol's chances.
Even if the field was at 6000, your team wouldn't make it past the first week. Your team is an abortion.

Had a decent run last year using almost the same templateQB-Trent GreenQB-Tom BradyQB-David CarrRB-Chris BrownRB-Brian WestbrookRB-Duce StaleyRB-Tyrone WheatleyRB-Stephen JacksonWR-Deion BranchWR-Charles RogersWR-Donte StallworthWR-Brandon LloydWR-Larry FitzgeraldWR-Eric ParkerWR-David TerrellTE-LJ SmithTE-Eric JohnsonK-Josh BrownK-Shayne GrahamD-PittsburghD-Denver

GREEN, TRENT $18FAVRE, BRETT $15CARR, DAVID $6 WHEATLEY, TYRONE $14GRIFFIN, QUENTIN $20JONES, JULIUS $15BROWN, CHRIS $32JONES, THOMAS $33ROGERS, CHARLES $9LLOYD, BRANDON $17TERRELL, DAVID $2JOHNSON, KEYSHAWN $17PARKER, ERIC $2FERGUSON, ROBERT $4FITZGERALD, LARRY $11WILLIAMS, BOO $14GATES, ANTONIO $6NEDNEY, JOE $4 (looks like he may be just as valuable as last year)CARNEY, JOHN $5 PITTSBURGH, dsp $3SEATTLE, dsp $3
Didn't Nedney get hurt yesterday? I had him in there too, but yanked him after the news of his injury. Even if it is minor, you can't take a chance like that in this survivor format.

Didn't Nedney get hurt yesterday? I had him in there too, but yanked him after the news of his injury. Even if it is minor, you can't take a chance like that in this survivor format.
Yep, and preliminary rumors don't sound good. I forgot about switching him until this morning. Good ol' team mismanagement.

How ironic that our resident Kicker expert missed a Kicker injury? :P

QB $26Pennington 15Carr 6Boller 5RB $179Tomlinson 95Edge 73M Williams 6Pittman 3Lamont Jordan 2WR $26C Rodgers 9D Bennett 4Andre Davis 4I Hillard 3E Parker 2B Stokley 2D Terrell 2TE $6E Kinney 4D Jolley 2K $6Nedney 4Graham 2D $7St Louis 4Atlanta 3

QB Green, Trent (KC/5) $18 QB Carr, David (Hou/7) $6 QB Testaverde, Vinny (Dal/4) $4 RB Tomlinson, LaDainian (SD/10) $95 RB Brown, Chris (Ten/9) $32 RB Suggs, Lee (Cle/8) $15 RB Williams, Moe (Min/4) $6 RB Jones, Greg (Jac/9) $2 WR Burress, Plaxico (Pit/7) $19 WR Stallworth, Donte' (NO/8) $10 WR Rogers, Charles (Det/4) $9 WR Driver, Donald (GB/9) $6 WR Reed, Josh (Buf/3) $2 WR Parker, Eric (SD/10) $2 WR Bradford, Corey (Hou/7) $2 TE Jones, Freddie (Ari/6) $7 TE Smith, L.J. (Phi/5) $3 PK Graham, Shayne (Cin/5) $2 PK Cundiff, Billy (Dal/4) $2 D Jacksonville (Jac/9) $5 D Denver (Den/10) $3

Quarterbacks

Going with Culpepper here should guarantee me solid points out of QB every week. Throw in Carr and Manning as backups and while i've spent a fair amount at QB (19% of my cap), I should have solid and consistent production each week.

QB Daunte Culpepper (Min/4) $39

QB David Carr (Hou/7) $6

QB Eli Manning (NYG/6) $3

Running backs

I struggled with what to do at RB and in the end chose to take guys that I though had the best value. Martin is not one of the elite RBs, but he should give me very solid production week in and week out. Griffin has a ton of upside and I thought his ceiling was higher than most other guys at that price level. Since I do have a fair amount of risk with my "starting" RBs, I decided I'd try to get backups that I felt I could rely on. Suggs will be the man in CLE and Wheatley should be good enough to get me through bye weeks. Pittman has a lot of upside as long as I last through his suspension :)

RB Curtis Martin (NYJ/3) $50

RB Quentin Griffin (Den/10) $20

RB Lee Suggs (Cle/8) $15

RB Tyrone Wheatley (Oak/10) $14

RB Michael Pittman (TB/8) $3

Wide receivers

After spending so much money at QB and RB, I just couldn't find a way to squeeze a stud WR on my team, so I focused on value picks with upside. I think Porter and Rogers have top 15WR potential and Lloyd, Driver, and Kennison should all be top 25. Throw in a flier on Terrell and you've got my high risk/high reward WRs.

WR Jerry Porter (Oak/10) $21

WR Brandon Lloyd (SF/7) $17

WR Eddie Kennison (KC/5) $11

WR Charles Rogers (Det/4) $9

WR Dennis Northcutt (Cle/8) $5

WR Donald Driver (GB/9) $6

WR David Terrell (Chi/5) $2

Tight ends

I didn't want to spend a ton at TE, but I knew I couldn't just throw the position away or else there would be no chance of me moving on. I really like McMichael this year and I was more than happy to get him for $8. Smith just looked like the best value to me to fill the other TE spot.

TE Randy McMichael (Mia/10) $8

TE L.J. Smith (Phi/5) $3

Kickers

My strategy at K was to get one top guy and one $2 guy. I went with Elam, but almost spent the extra $1 to get Vanderjagt. Brown looks like a solid value pick on an improving offense.

PK Jason Elam (Den/10) $7

PK Kris Brown (Hou/7) $2

Defense/Special teams

Didn't want to spend much $ on D and the DTBC seemed like a good enough approach. Hopefully it'll pan out...

D/ST Minnesota (Min/4) $5

D/ST Washington (Was/7) $3

Users who are viewing this thread