What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Possible Footballguys Contest (1 Viewer)

I vote for Wolfie Minbad.
I am comfortable with:1. Shickwell holding the money2. If he doesn't want to, then TenTimes.3. If they don't want to, then me.4. If we are putting a guy with 12 alias' in charge of the money who was also one of the last ones into the league... then I'm out. Let Jot sit in my place.

I am comfortable with:1. Shickwell holding the money2. If he doesn't want to, then TenTimes.3. If they don't want to, then me.4. If we are putting a guy with 12 alias' in charge of the money who was also one of the last ones into the league... then I'm out. Let Jot sit in my place.
I don't care as long as it isn't that Noodle limey.Don't let the door hit you in the zilla on the way out.

:thumbup:

No comments on changes, I think it's a great format.Regarding the entry fee two comments:1. If you think it is too high then get partners to pair or triplet up with you.2. If you think it is too low, then hopefully they'll let us enter multiple times.Sounds like a lot of fun, oh yeah - definitely setup a second forum based on this (assuming a large turnout of 1-2k+ participants).

Great Idea! :thumbup: One thing that may happen is that these boards become more of a forum for disinformation, people posting opinions they don't believe to 'throw off' anyone in their league who may be reading. This would really diminish the quality of information and discourse on these boards.
Agree it's a great idea.I do, however, think that thejag raises a legitimate concern, that I hope the FBG top brass does not take too lightly. I come to this board for unbiased, solid advice. Anytime you bring $$$$ into play, I am not sure how "open" fellow FBG'ers will be in discussing players, strategies, etc.If you go for it, I am obviously in, and will support your efforts in any way that a fellow FBG'er like myself can. Just recognize that one of the reasons your site is the best is because of this message board.

It would be best if you didn't know who was in your league in advance. That way there's not much time for collusion and little incentive to provide misinformation. Remember, once the draft is over, it's out of your hands. All that will be left is the chest-pounding. Unless you're someone who's projections are looked for by many (e.g., unlucky) or someone who shows up in every other thread on this board (e.g., zippy :thumbup: ), nobody's going to remember who you like and dislike once they get into their draft and see your name.However, if you announce league memberships ahead of time, there could be some "background research" being done to look for player tendencies of leaguemates. Knowing that might lead some to "hide" their opinions and that would be bad (especially for people like me who can't think for ourselves. :confused: )

I need to know if there would be any interest in this at all. Personally I love the concept and have always wanted a fair contest like this that gives back a high percentage of the money, but would like to hear from others that enter contests, leagues, etc.
You've already got my $20, what's another $50 for a chance at potentially $60,000. I'm in! :confused:

Two questions:Any possibility of lowering the entrance fee? $50 is a little steep for me.Can you explain more about how the "NCAA bracket" comes into play? I don't understand this piece of the puzzle. Thanks.
i'm not exactly sure either. is it survivor weeks 1-9 and then heads up weeks 10-16?something is wrong with me this morning and i can't comprehend this.but i'm in regardless.

Two questions:Any possibility of lowering the entrance fee? $50 is a little steep for me.Can you explain more about how the "NCAA bracket" comes into play? I don't understand this piece of the puzzle. Thanks.
i'm not exactly sure either. is it survivor weeks 1-9 and then heads up weeks 10-16?something is wrong with me this morning and i can't comprehend this.but i'm in regardless.
Yes.

BoltBackerKKrewErasergregch0914ffweaselLHUCKSPeanut GNemesisdowntowndragonsRichardbillsfansstorkalways4:20NomadReal Men of FootballPietasterBassNBrewglumpythejagdudamanZippyJoe TThe_ManPoopOnjofferRKadejplvriwascoolsingratMungo BurrowsDr. WatsonkuttaEbTide73Curious GeorgeChemical XSupaDupaTDIanTuckerThere it isJZillaEggsAliasLowen1gobosoxfootballman_696969greedygoatSchmegmasandbaggervertigoLooks like we got 48 interested so far. :boxing:

98% sure I'm in.Hey Dodds, Can we just put the S2 guys in the one league and take our guys for it. If they're interested, of course...gator

98% sure I'm in.Hey Dodds, Can we just put the S2 guys in the one league and take our guys for it. If they're interested, of course...gator
No...I set on admineristing multiple #### whoopings this year.

"Fantasy Points would be based on best starter"I have never done a league like this or survivor before, can someone explain the line in quotes above?

Just woke up from a nap here, but here are some of our thoughts:- Multiple entries are OK, but you can't participate in two drafts at the same time interval.- The NCAA reference means that from the 10th round on there is a giant bracket and you will go head to head for 6 more weeks. Highest score won't advance. You just have to beat your opponent.- Yes it is survivor through 9 weeks and then NCAA bracket from week 10 on.- As much as we would like to have the draft many different days, we don't think that is fair. It will be on the two days only, August 16th and 17h.- This contest would not be limited to Footballguys message board members- The draw based on all of the people in a time slot would happen approximately 3-7 days before the draft. Everyone would be emailed their division and login info.- If someone pays and they do not show up for a draft, a program with the Top 250 players will select your team.- Footballguys.com will hold the money- Although we believe collusion would be very hard in this type of league, we have final review of all drafts. If we suspect collusion in a draft, we retain the right to return the entry fee to everyone in that league before the games start.- We will set up a demo areas and provide a tutorial where you can test the softwareThis really isn't final yet, but I like that the response has been positive. I was thinking it would be, but am still glad I asked. Fling the questions at me if you have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chumpson--All of your players score points each week, but only the top count toward your team score.Example: Your QBs: Brady, Manning, VickBrady scores 23, Manning 24, Vick 30. You get Vick's 30. The other two disappear. RB & WR work the same way, only the top 2 would count. Watch out for those bye weeks!

Best starter refers to the highest points from the multiples at that position. Say you have 3 QBs on your roster. Whoever scored the most points at QB for you on a given week would be your starter. Top 2 RBs would count. Top 3WRs, etc.

That is what I figured, I just got caught up in the terminology. Count me in! Do we get to choose the best time for our draft. I would like August 16th in the early morning.

Best starter refers to the highest points from the multiples at that position. Say you have 3 QBs on your roster. Whoever scored the most points at QB for you on a given week would be your starter. Top 2 RBs would count. Top 3WRs, etc.
I thought that's what you meant. I love this idea even more now that this is confirmed. Draft and forget! I've got enough leagues that I can screw up on my own by picking the wrong starter week to week.

One more clarification: In the early rounds of elimination (512, 256 and 128), all ties will advance too. Scoring will be to one decimal. Our decisions on scoring will be final (even if the NFL changes the score a week later).At the 64 level down to the Championship, the tiebreaker will be highest bench player (not in lineup) regardless of position. We feel that is the fairest way to handle this.It is possible people could have the exact roster, but we feel the 64 bracket will separate those teams into different regionals so it should not be a factor unless both make it to the Final game. Should that happen, we would split first and second prize money between the winners.We agree that we would create a separate forum for comments on this contest as the goal would not be to hijack the NFL forum. Since all teams would still be alive after week 7, we think interest would be high all season long.

Sounds sweet.Critique: I think seeding should be based on average weekly score and not solely on week 10. There's too much fluctuation week to week, and using only one week's scores seems arbitrary especially with so much potential cash on the line.Also, how are you going to prevent the possibility of 12 teams from a league conspiring to overload 1 (or 2 or 3) teams in that division with all the talent and give them the best chance for money?

Also, how are you going to prevent the possibility of 12 teams from a league conspiring to overload 1 (or 2 or 3) teams in that division with all the talent and give them the best chance for money?
No one can select the division they are in. They will select a time group and be placed in a draft.All drafts will be reviewed before being final. Should a draft look like collusion, it may be deemed void and monies returned to all participants in that draft.I actually think collusion would be pretty dificult to do with this type of setup. Assume we do fill 200 leagues (2400 people). Each of the 16 time slots would then have approximately 150 people. It would take a lot of entries to ensure a lot of them get in one league. And then the collusion would have to not be obvious enough that the whole league doesn't get thrown out. We will do everything we can to ensure the integrity here. If people have other ideas, let us know. Additionally draft order will be random. So if 1 team is purposely tanking the draft then everyone else will just benefit - not just the person he is attempting to collude with. We potentially may use less than 16 draft times too, but that was our early thoughts to provide the widest possible coverage for those two days.
I think seeding should be based on average weekly score and not solely on week 10. There's too much fluctuation week to week, and using only one week's scores seems arbitrary especially with so much potential cash on the line.
I am starting to think that too and will probably adopt that (even though that is more work on our end).

After reading the dates for the draft, I was very excited the first time reading about the contest, I will not be available for that weekend. If the contest moves either a week before/after then I will be able to join the league.

It's a cinderella story. Smalltown kid from nowhere. 5ft nothing, a 100lb and nothing in the finals. Set me up with a team.

I actually think collusion would be pretty dificult to do with this type of setup. Assume we do fill 200 leagues (2400 people). Each of the 16 time slots would then have approximately 150 people. It would take a lot of entries to ensure a lot of them get in one league. And then the collusion would have to not be obvious enough that the whole league doesn't get thrown out. We will do everything we can to ensure the integrity here. If people have other ideas, let us know.
I was referring to collusion after people found out who was in their division, not guys trying to get in the same division. Sounds good if you are going to review the drafts afterwards.

I was referring to collusion after people found out who was in their division, not guys trying to get in the same division.
Everyone will be just told their league to go draft at a set time. These will be individual emails sent out to people stating their league number and their login info for their team. We will not post who is in what league until we have ensured the draft was ratifified as being acceptable.Hope that helps.

- If someone pays and they do not show up for a draft, a program with the Top 250 players will select your team.
So if I can't make those two days, but really want to be involved, can I pay and skip the draft and just take my picks in the Top 250? Or is this a case where asking forgiveness is better than asking permission? :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread