What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CHRIS BROWN injury (1 Viewer)

Tweaked his ankle....Probable to return. Antwoin Smith spelled him. Smith has 3 carries and 2 fumbles.

F Me! That didn't take long did it? I didn't see run, but on gamecenter it looks like it was a neck or leg injury?I am sure there is another thread on this but....F F F!!

they just said that brown is on the sidelines.. ankle sprain.. he is trying to loosen it up.. not looking good.

I'm not even going to bother hoping for him to return to this game. If it is indeed just a sprain, what are his prospects for next week?

I'm not even going to bother hoping for him to return to this game. If it is indeed just a sprain, what are his prospects for next week?
"Ankle sprain" can mean anything from "hurts for a couple hours, then goes back to normal," to "lingering high-ankle injury that more or less hampers you continuously until you rest it for several weeks (at least)." Lots of times, it's hard to tell from person to person, and injury to injury.Not really worth asking about, since any prognosis you hear for the next day or so, you should ignore completely.

"Ankle sprain" can mean anything from "hurts for a couple hours, then goes back to normal," to "lingering high-ankle injury that more or less hampers you continuously until you rest it for several weeks (at least)." Lots of times, it's hard to tell from person to person, and injury to injury.Not really worth asking about, since any prognosis you hear for the next day or so, you should ignore completely.
Up 14 nothing in the 4th quarter.. Brown over 100 yards already.. my bet he'ssitting the rest of the game and Holcombe and Smith grind it out..Miami's got less than 150 yards of offense... they're not going anywhere..

^^^^ No No No!!.... Dude, look... If it was his Achillies. CB would not be STANDING on the freekin Sidelines.. ok?Relax.. Fisher is just playing it smart for next weeks game against Indy...CB had a solid game, no need to further inj that tweeked ankle. K !@ >: )

ROTOWIRE -Chris Brown Latest News Sep. 11, 2004 - 3:49 pm et Chris Brown will not return to today's game because of an ankle injury.The Titans says they are just being cautious. We'll find out later this week.

People chill, it's not serious. He probably would have came back in the game if they weren't playing Miami...er, I mean needed him...

Just heard from a Titans fan who watched the game that Brown was jogging on the sideline.Fisher was being cautious. If the game wasn't in hand I bet Brown would have come back in.

Well, lets not wait 2 years to come up with a nick name for him like we did Fragile Freddie.How about: "always broken down Chris Brown"? kind of catchy.. :devil:

Just watched the press conference. Fisher said it definetily was not a high ankle sprain, but they would know tomorrow.

The fact that he didn't return at all -- it's not like the Titans were up by 40 -- has to be a bit of a concern.That said, it's an ankle (not a knee) and he was up and moving around (not on a cart or in the clubhouse), so let's settle down. We'll hear more tomorrow and Monday, but my guess is the worst case scenario is that he misses a week or two. Which means there's really no reason to worry unless you think Holcomb or Smith will take the job and run with it.

Misses a week or two? Where the heck do you get that if he was jogging on the sideline? They didn't even have ice on it apparently. :confused:

Just watched the press conference. Fisher said it definetily was not a high ankle sprain, but they would know tomorrow.
McNair said Brown will be an intigral part of the offense. Talking like he won't miss any time?

Misses a week or two? Where the heck do you get that if he was jogging on the sideline? They didn't even have ice on it apparently. :confused:
Keep in mind that there have been instances of players playing in games with torn ligaments and broken bones. Whether they're walking immediately afterwards or not is not something you can base the injury upon. Just ask any Michael Bennet owner.

Keep in mind that there have been instances of players playing in games with torn ligaments and broken bones. Whether they're walking immediately afterwards or not is not something you can base the injury upon. Just ask any Michael Bennet owner.
He went into the locker room at halftime for x-rays. You telling me that they let him jog after x-rays???

if anything it's a sprained ankle and the only thing Brown owners have to worry about is the swelling that can occur the day after a sprain. I'm sure with the Titans trainers attending to it, it'll be fine.

Par for the course for Brown. One big 52 yard run and he gets hurt. He is the same weight as 5'9" Dom Davis but spread out over a 6'3" frame.

Funny stuff, my buddy who I'm playing calls me to ramble about Brown this, Brown that, yada-yada after the big run. I call him back after I found out he was hurt and he curiously ignored my call. Probably on the :toilet: because he was spewing it so much verbally. Too funny. So what's his nickname? Busted Brown? Fall Down Brown? :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one here that likes my RB's around 5'10 220? Besides George, isn't the only other starting RB over 6'0" Fred Taylor? He's a lot bigger than Brown, around 230 I think, and has been injury prone as well. It just seems that if you are bigger than 6' the hits hurt you harder than shorter guys.

Misses a week or two? Where the heck do you get that if he was jogging on the sideline? They didn't even have ice on it apparently.
Agreed. That's why I said it was the "worst case". If I had to bet, I'd say he plays next week and none of us even remember this by next month.All I'm saying is that the fact that he didn't play a snap after injury means we shouldn't all assume it's definetely nothing major. "Definetely nothing major" = "he comes back into the game after halftime".

I followed Chris Brown's career since I'm a CU grad. Little nagging injuries and the occasional fumble are things Brown owners will have to live with.

I followed Chris Brown's career since I'm a CU grad. Little nagging injuries and the occasional fumble are things Brown owners will have to live with.
I reluctantly agree with this.It is the main reason I reached a bit in a draft for a 7th round RB3 on Wednesday night for Lamar Gordon when my only RBs in a start-2 league were C Brown and T Jones.I caught some garbage for the pick, but immediately after (like the next two rounds) all the "crap" RBs went - Wheatley was alreday gone, Emmitt went soon after, along with TJ Duckett, Ron Dayne, Willie Green, etc. - I felt much better about my Gordon RB3 pick when some of those guys were selected by teams as late RB2s or RB3/4.On topic - Brown does seem susceptible to minor nagging injuries, but he is a playah. If he plays for 16 games, he'll hit 1200 rushing, 300 receiving and 10 pr 11 total TDs easily. Evcen if he averages three-quarters per game! LOL!

Am I the only one here that likes my RB's around 5'10 220? Besides George, isn't the only other starting RB over 6'0" Fred Taylor? He's a lot bigger than Brown, around 230 I think, and has been injury prone as well. It just seems that if you are bigger than 6' the hits hurt you harder than shorter guys.
5-10 220 is prototypical RB size in my book. Not saying you can't get good production out of taller guys (Deuce Mcallister).

So what's his nickname? Busted Brown? Fall Down Brown? :loco:
Big Tuna has proposed "Always-Broken-Down-Brown". I think we should use that as a starting point.
I think most people are over-reacting to the Brown news, BUT, if you are looking for a catchy nickname, I like the economy of Brokedown Brown vs. "Always-Broken-Down-Brown". I'm optimistic about all this - I like First Down Brown, or, in the near future, Touchdown Brown.

5-10 220 is prototypical RB size in my book. Not saying you can't get good production out of taller guys (Deuce Mcallister).
If you look at the reliable, injury-free guys in the past (i.e. Emmitt, Sanders) they are mostly that size. A lot bigger guys have had to retire early (Earl Campbell) or lots of injury problems (Taylor).

I like Chris "100 yards in first half, who wouldn't be let back in the game cause the team knows he is an integral part of the offense and there is no point risking putting him back in cause the game ws in hand and being over 6 feet has nothing to do with an ankle injury" BrownHow's that? :rolleyes:

Chris Brown Position: RBHeight: 6-3Weight: 219 Stephen Davis Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 230 Corey Dillon Position: RBHeight: 6-1Weight: 225 T.J. Duckett Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 254 DeShaun Foster Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 222 Eddie George Position: RBHeight: 6-3Weight: 235 Ahman Green Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 218 Steven Jackson Position: RBHeight: 6-2Weight: 231 Kevin Jones Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 225 Deuce McAllister Position: RBHeight: 6-1Weight: 232 Michael Pittman Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 218Lee Suggs Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 210 Fred Taylor Position: RBHeight: 6-1Weight: 234Tyrone Wheatley Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 235 Moe Williams Position: RBHeight: 6-1Weight: 205 :popcorn:

Injuries are the reason I've been on the Jones side of the T. Jones vs. Brown debate.
Funny, I had folks in each of my drafts who were convinced TJones wouldn't hold up over the season either.I like them both this year and, luckily, have TJones AND CBrown in a big money league at RB2 behind McCallister (we drafted before Labor Day weekend), so I'm fairly well covered.

Am I the only one here that likes my RB's around 5'10 220?  Besides George, isn't the only other starting RB over 6'0" Fred Taylor?  He's a lot bigger than Brown, around 230 I think, and has been injury prone as well.  It just seems that if you are bigger than 6' the hits hurt you harder than shorter guys.
Chris Brown Position: RBHeight: 6-3Weight: 219 Stephen Davis Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 230 Corey Dillon Position: RBHeight: 6-1Weight: 225 T.J. Duckett Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 254 DeShaun Foster Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 222 Eddie George Position: RBHeight: 6-3Weight: 235 Ahman Green Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 218 Steven Jackson Position: RBHeight: 6-2Weight: 231 Kevin Jones Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 225 Deuce McAllister Position: RBHeight: 6-1Weight: 232 Michael Pittman Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 218Lee Suggs Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 210 Fred Taylor Position: RBHeight: 6-1Weight: 234Tyrone Wheatley Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 235 Moe Williams Position: RBHeight: 6-1Weight: 205 :popcorn:
I'm sure they rounded a good bit of them up to 6' . I think the ideal back is probably 5-10- 5-11.

Brown will be fine,I like"everydown Brown" Thats what he'll be after watching A. Smith carry the ball,Holcombe looked alright though but it's clear that No RB on that team will be taking any goaline carries or much of anything away from Brown,He'll be a STUD........................................................Broken down Brown is stupid,After one game you morons are trying to give a name to a player.Why don't you guys give a nickname to every RB,What about Suggs he's hurt,Barlow hurting,Holt is hurting,What about Boldin,almost every friggin guy in Football gets some injury at some point.

If they "rounded them up" as you contend, then all the backs above are over 5'11" and a half. Defeats your "perfect back = 5'10"/5'11" argument, though - 5'11" may be closer to the mark.

Chris Brown Position: RBHeight: 6-3Weight: 219 Stephen Davis Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 230 Corey Dillon Position: RBHeight: 6-1Weight: 225 ....Tyrone Wheatley Position: RBHeight: 6-0Weight: 235 Moe Williams Position: RBHeight: 6-1Weight: 205 :popcorn:
You left out one horribly overrated guy:Jim Brown Position: RBHeight: 6-2Weight: 232

You left out one horribly overrated guy:Jim Brown Position: RBHeight: 6-2Weight: 232
Whetre does one get past player info like size/weight?IIRC, Dickerson, OJ and TD were also 6' tall.

Am I the only one here that likes my RB's around 5'10 220?   Besides George, isn't the only other starting RB over 6'0" Fred Taylor?  He's a lot bigger than Brown, around 230 I think, and has been injury prone as well.  It just seems that if you are bigger than 6' the hits hurt you harder than shorter guys.
I'm sure they rounded a good bit of them up to 6' . I think the ideal back is probably 5-10- 5-11.
Then are you really saying that the ideal size is 5'8/5'9? Because under that logic, to assume that all RB's pad their height in order to be 5'11 you should be 5'9? I'm simply saying that at least 1/2 of the starting RB's in the league are atleast 6'0, and to say that because C Brown is tall that it points to some sort of trend that taller RB's are less succesful, is I think, without merrit. It's the opposite thing for wrs, people think that you need to be a giant to play wr, but we know that's not really the case.

I reluctantly agree with this.It is the main reason I reached a bit in a draft for a 7th round RB3 on Wednesday night for Lamar Gordon when my only RBs in a start-2 league were C Brown and T Jones.I caught some garbage for the pick, but immediately after (like the next two rounds) all the "crap" RBs went - Wheatley was alreday gone, Emmitt went soon after, along with TJ Duckett, Ron Dayne, Willie Green, etc. - I felt much better about my Gordon RB3 pick when some of those guys were selected by teams as late RB2s or RB3/4.On topic - Brown does seem susceptible to minor nagging injuries, but he is a playah. If he plays for 16 games, he'll hit 1200 rushing, 300 receiving and 10 pr 11 total TDs easily. Evcen if he averages three-quarters per game! LOL!
Exactly.... since his days at CU, Brown has always battled these types of injuries... more than dings, less than anything serious. The problem is extrapolating this tendency of his to get a little hurt up to becoming a full time 25 carry guy in the NFL. If he hurts his hammies, or twists his ankles in a 12 game season against college talent, and does the same in very limited duty up until this year in the pros... what can we expect when he goes against the big boys, week in and week out, for 16 games? Will he be there down the stretch for the FF playoff run?He is a great talent... but I wonder how much he will tease. Perhaps a good comparison in regard to the types of injuries we may expect is to a Bennett. When he is in there wow, great production. But you always worry about something that will cause him to either be limited, or miss 1-5 games.

since his days at CU, Brown has always battled these types of injuries... more than dings, less than anything serious.
And how were his stats in an injury filled senior year for the Buffs?Even if he leaves EVERY game for nagging injuries off and on, he will be a PLAYAH when he is in there. I hope he can manage to play in all 16 games this year, and if he does, he will be a strong fantasy force at RB.If he gets dinged up to the point where he is unable to go for periods of the year, the "injury-prone tag" has to be put on him as he has ALWAYS had little nagging injuries that he plays through -if he starts to not be able to play through them, there is a problem.

According to a post on Titansonline message board(which does not have a direct quote), jeff fisher said after the game that it was brown's choice to stay out of the game because it didnt feel quite right. He also said that jeff fisher said that it was only a sprained ankle and not the more serious "high ankle" variety. I have been trying to find the links for the post game interviews with heimerdinger and fisher. what I do know to be factual is this: I heard the second half of heimerdinger's interview and he was absolutely singing the praise of chris brown. he said out of of his 16 carries he only saw on bad run. He said with chris brown because he hits the holes with such authority he make losses two yard runs. he said that the titans are not the same team when he is not on the field. In the part i heard there was no comment about the injury though

Am I the only one here that likes my RB's around 5'10 220?   Besides George, isn't the only other starting RB over 6'0" Fred Taylor?  He's a lot bigger than Brown, around 230 I think, and has been injury prone as well.  It just seems that if you are bigger than 6' the hits hurt you harder than shorter guys.
Chris Brown Position: RB

Height: 6-3

Weight: 219

Stephen Davis

Position: RB

Height: 6-0

Weight: 230

Corey Dillon

Height: 6-1

Weight: 225

T.J. Duckett

Weight: 254

DeShaun Foster

Weight: 222

Eddie George

Height: 6-3

Weight: 235

Ahman Green

Weight: 218

Steven Jackson

Height: 6-2

Weight: 231

Kevin Jones

Weight: 225

Deuce McAllister

Weight: 232

Michael Pittman

Weight: 218

Lee Suggs

Weight: 210

Fred Taylor

Weight: 234

Tyrone Wheatley

Weight: 235

Moe Williams

Weight: 205

:popcorn:
"starting RB over 6'0""Only Taylor, Deuce, George, Dillon and Brown fit that if you read what I wrote :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread