What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where are you from? (1 Viewer)

Where are you from?

• Chicago

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Boston

• Atlanta

• Philly

• KC

• California

• Florida

• Texas

• Other

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

mbuehner

Footballguy
I'm curious about the demographics of where posters are from. Considering that a lot of insights and rumors that are posted are spurred by local media and 'word on the street', its probably good to know if certain teams are being overanalyzed while others are neglected. Thanks for indulging me. :boxing:

iam from buffalo, nyor the armpit. which ever you prefer

iam from buffalo, nyor the armpit. which ever you prefer
geez I thought Reading, PA was the armpit. :yes: Only 40-45 miles from the "Linc" in Philly. Go Birds!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is California (the largest state in the union in terms of population) considered a "city"? We have 3 football teams in the state, and there's not even one in the largest city in the state. The people from Nothern California aren't like the people from Southern California.

Milwaukee, WI - "Brew City" also "Cream City" - It's obvious which one makes the more appealing alias.I voted "Other"

Why is California (the largest state in the union in terms of population) considered a "city"? We have 3 football teams in the state, and there's not even one in the largest city in the state. The people from Nothern California aren't like the people from Southern California.
Take it a step further (in reguards to So Cal).... people from Orange and San Diego County aren't like the people from LA County.

Add New Jersey to the list. I live in Central Jersey so I get all the Giants & Jets games but I work in south Jersey (Princeton) so all I hear all day long on the radio is how great the Eagles are gonna be again this year (just like ever other year at this time). :wacko:

Judging by the number of "Other" votes, the selections weren't very good choices. Should've broadened your regions a bit, like West, Midewest, New England, South, etc. Or have 5 states per option to cover them all.Just a sugestion.

Umm, is New York supposed to cover only the Giants and Jets (who play in Jersey BTW) or also the Bills?It would have been easier and probably more worthwhile had you made this poll on which team we support/report on and list all 32 NFL cities.BTW, I voted "other" since I don't see how Buffalo and the NYC teams can be considered as one region. We're like 400+ miles apart. Might as well lump Buffalo in with Cleveland or Pittsburgh, both are closer.

BTW, counting myself I count 6 from near or within the WNY area (including the chap from Toronto). Maybe we should start a FBG league with a live draft with 12 FBG's from near or within the Buffalo region. Anyone game?

Iowa City, Iowa"You're from Freakin' Iowa...." as Steve Alford once so eloquently put it a couple of years ago.

Sorry if the choices sucked. Was tryin to get a sense of what teams were being closest observed. The Midwest would give you about 8 teams, while CA gives you 3 and Florida 3. Plus the if you live in say Florida you might legitimately follow both the Fins and the Bucs, on the other hand if you cheer for both the Bears and the Packers you should be beaten with a stick. Bottom line needed more space for choices.

N'Awlins, where the bourbon flows like water and the Saints never fail to disappointThe choices are very limited, and the "poll" aspect is useless

Take it a step further (in reguards to So Cal).... people from Orange and San Diego County aren't like the people from LA County.
"Take it a step further (in reguards to So Cal).... people from Orange and San Diego County aren't like the people from LA County." :thumbup: :confused: :confused: Not THAT different. OC is a dump. The land of the same people everywhere...driving the same cars...living in the same houses...built by the same corporation. Hell, they look the same. It's got as much culture as its flagship, Disneyland...in AnimalHeim.LA (where I live) is also a dump. Same bull####, just a slightly different image. Both places are a rat-race. I could take some lipstick and smear it on a pig from OC/LA and you wouldn't know the difference. It's still a pig.SD....a little better. I agree. But, changing. The rats are moving in...it's getting crowded...quick. And only the rich will be by the sea. The massive, housing developements of 2/3 story particle board, tract homes with 10 sq. ft. of yard and your neighbors bathroom facing your bedroom that overwhelm the now dwindling vacant land in OC....Well, they will be coming to a town near you, Daygo. Beware. :confused: Yeah, you'd like to think the people from OC and LA are very different. (I've lived in both)...but, they aren't, really. :shock: OC is as full of fake people as Hollywood. They're just putting on a slightly different mask. Yeah, it's the "we're not LA" mask. :shock: Still a mask.

Hard to imagine the mighty metro area of Balt-DC-No. Va not deserving of a spot in the poll. There's a bunch of us here from the area.

Users who are viewing this thread