What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SHAUN ALEXANDER INFO (1 Viewer)

There's a pinned thread on injuries - will beevery week - please use it.Thanks for the info, though.

Aw man, that sucks. Players are dropping like flies and its only week 1. Im glad he was taken just before me at 1.03 because i was about to take him, whew. Im not THAT fortunate though because i won Charles Rogers :cry:

There's a pinned thread on injuries - will beevery week - please use it.Thanks for the info, though.
Sorry, this deserves its own thread. No need to wade through the Galloway crap to get the latest on a stud RB.

Sorry, this deserves its own thread. No need to wade through the Galloway crap to get the latest on a stud RB.
yep...this will pretty much end a lot of people's seasons in week one...

Don't injuries of this magnitude deserve their own thread (for those just scanning the headlines)? IMHO, they do (but I'm not the boss, heh).

I vote for thread to stay - big difference between a 700 yd/3 TD chump like Galloway and a guy that ran for the above numbers in 45 minutes.

So I go from being pissed about trading away Portis for Alexander, to happy, to pissed again. Blah...

Not to be insensitive and "sharky," but is there a waiver wire move we should be considering regarding Seattle backup RBs? :confused:

This past week I offered the Alexander owner in our league M. Morris and Krob for A. Brooks. He already had T. Green starting. He laughed at me and mocked me on the league site.

i was watching the game, the injury, and the treatment. did not look like a typical acl, but it did resemble the buckhalter injury. the semi-good news is that after laying on the slab and getting it checked by trainers, they put ice on what looked like the LOWER knee, almost beneath the knee. and alexander was standing watching the rest of the game. could be a strained calf. or it could be a knee ligament injury. tough to tell right now. if it's worth anything, alexander did not look TOO disappointed standing on the sidelines.

Agreed.A stud RB goes down and the staff wants it buried in the injury thread. :lol:

O damn... Morris is available on my WW and I have the first WW priority. Looks like I will be going for him.

Any links yet concerning this injury report? I don't have Alexander (a friend of mine does). I hope this is just minor. If not, it shows that an injury can sink your season at any time. Alexander was probably considered the safest of the top-10 RBs.

I hope its just a sprain because hopefully the owner of Alexander in my league will frantically want to get rid of him before more news is released

I hope its just a sprain because hopefully the owner of Alexander in my league will frantically want to get rid of him before more news is released
Dude, you have the best avatar on this board.

I can't find anything about this injury. Is this for real? Did Shaun Alexander hurt his knee? What quarter was it that he was injured?

If he is out for the year, I really feel bad for him. His team is(was?) a Superbowl contender and he just had a fantastic game in a contract year. There was already talk that the Seahawks would let him go after the season and keep Morris, so I think an injury would seal his fate. I'm sure somebody will sign him next year but for a lot less money. Anyway, I like the guy and hate to see him get hurt.

I can't find anything about this injury. Is this for real? Did Shaun Alexander hurt his knee? What quarter was it that he was injured?
It was very late in the 4th. About 3 or 4 minutes to go.I was watching the game with a league mate (I have Alexander) and just a play or two before the injury my buddy said to me "why don't they take your boy out, this game is over" :hot:

Do these situatiions ever come out good?
Sometimes. After the game he walked off the field on his own ok. Just have to wait and see.
You can walk on a torn ACL. You just can't turn. Walking doesn't mean a thing....
Not sure it means anything, but Alexander is reported to have said in a post game interview that he is optimistic because the trainers were pulling on the leg and "tugging and twisting and biting" it and he had no pain (over and above the soreness he already felt).

Playing behind one of the best offensive lines in the NFL, Alexander rushed for 135 yards on 28 carries. He ran for two touchdowns and caught another. He suffered a right knee sprain late in the fourth quarter, FOX reported.

http://www.xpertleagues.com

If he's out for the year then that stinks for him and the Seahawks. To the owners of SA, all I can really say is... :own3d:

well all I have to say is I am screwed this year. Alexander is my RB1 and Barlow is my RB2...good night everyone it has been a great season. Last place here I come wooooooooo :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: EDIT: Well it is good to hear about Alexander's down graded injury status but I am still very worried about Barlow :(

Last edited by a moderator:
They were saying on ESPNews a few minutes ago that the team doctors believe it is a strain/sprain and is not a serious knee injury. I picked up Morris though anyway.

I just heard on ESPN internet radio. Alexander only suffered a mild knee sprain, and that there is no need to worry if you are a Fantasy Football Alexander owner. :)

I just heard on ESPN internet radio. Alexander only suffered a mild knee sprain, and that there is no need to worry if you are a Fantasy Football Alexander owner. :)
*lastresort66's heart rate slowly returns to normal*

if this is true..........................then...........I LOVE YOU !!!! :P thanks for the update....

I just heard on ESPN internet radio.  Alexander only suffered a mild knee sprain, and that there is no need to worry if you are a Fantasy Football Alexander owner. :)
if this is true..........................then...........I LOVE YOU !!!! :P thanks for the update....
They are interviewing S.Alexander LIVE right now on the phone on ESPN internet radio. They are about 2 minutes into it and the injury hasn't even been mentioned yet. All they are talking to him about is what a great day he had and what the Seahawks have in mind for the future. Shaun is sounding very upbeat. ....well it just ended and they didn't even mention the injury.yahoooooo!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread