What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SHAUN ALEXANDER INFO (1 Viewer)

Let`s not forget that A.Boldin suffered what apeared to be a minor knee injury at practice and even the doctor`s gave him the o.k and he then proceeded to practice the next day and .............the rest is history :X
Same with Edge 2 yrs ago.
That's what I was thinking. Edge was injured and tried to practice or at least sit aside and heel for two weeks (I think) after the injury before they announced it was a partial tear. I remember that the tear wasn't even seen in his first MRI. So you never really know.

Found this one also...

NEW ORLEANS — Something about the Superdome and New Orleans must have felt like home to the Seahawks.

Was it the rain that fell in New Orleans before yesterday's kickoff? The large groups of Seahawks fans who were friends and family of Seahawks players with Southern roots?

Maybe. Maybe not. In any case, the Seahawks got their season of high hopes off to a good start with a 21-7 win over the Saints. In doing so, Seattle's defense returned to the same swagger it picked up in defeating the Saints in last season's opener. And once they had that, the offense got into its groove, to the tune of 415 yards.

The game didn't end on a good note, however, as running back Shaun Alexander sprained his right knee with 3:36 to play. It appeared the knee buckled as Alexander tried to fall down after a 9-yard gain.

He was helped off the field and looked to be in serious pain on a trainer's table on the sideline but walked off at the end of the game on his own power.

Before the injury, Alexander dominated with a 28-carry, 135-yard performance that included three touchdowns.

Alexander had X-rays taken of the injury and said he'll have an MRI today in Kirkland, but added that he felt better within moments after going down.

"I think I'm going to be all right. Hopefully it's nothing serious," he said. "They tried to cart me off. I was like, are you kidding me?"

"It's not his ACL (anterior cruciate ligament)," coach Mike Holmgren said.

Link

Wow, I can't believe Morris was still available in everyones league. You guys are very fortunate because he was drafted in all 3 of mine.
I have him in a 10 team league with a short bench, so there were not many handcuffs. It's also my one league where free agents don't get locked over the weekend, so I was able to grab him yesterday --thx to this thread being posted. Now, since I was able to get Morris, you can all relax - that means Shaun will be fine. ;) :thumbup:

The Seahawks have their bye in week 4. I am predicting that he sits out for the next two weeks, uses the bye for an extra week of rest and then comes back for week 5.As optimistic as Holmgren, Alexander, etc seem to be, I just don't think you can go back to an NFL featured-back role one week after an injury like that. There needs to be time to heal, then to strenghten the muscles around the knee so something like that doesn't happen again.That said, I would consider myself lucky if I only lost him for two games after a scare like that. Let's hope it's nothing worse...

As a SA owner I'm not as confident as some of you people. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'm just glad I had the foresight to grap Maurice Morris off the waiver wire before week 1 -- he wasn't drafted because we only have 14 man rosters. I contemplated leaving him on the waiver wire because I thought, "Hey, it's only week one. What can happen?" Then I thought back to all the other injuries players on my teams have had and I had to take Morris. That's were some fantasy football experience really pays off.

As a SA owner I'm not as confident as some of you people. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'm just glad I had the foresight to grap Maurice Morris off the waiver wire before week 1 -- he wasn't drafted because we only have 14 man rosters. I contemplated leaving him on the waiver wire because I thought, "Hey, it's only week one. What can happen?" Then I thought back to all the other injuries players on my teams have had and I had to take Morris. That's were some fantasy football experience really pays off.
Nice.I only wish I would've had the same foresight in my league. I was using the excuse that we only had 14-player rosters and I didn't have the luxury of handcuffing my studs. :wall: I thought I was a shark. I think I thought wrong.

Nice.I only wish I would've had the same foresight in my league. I was using the excuse that we only had 14-player rosters and I didn't have the luxury of handcuffing my studs. :wall: I thought I was a shark. I think I thought wrong.
That sucks dude. Morris is still a pretty unknown quantity so it might not be that big of a deal. Maybe Holmgren will let Mack Strong be a vulture with Morris in there whereas he let Alexander carry the full load. That remains to be seen. Another reason why I thought Morris would be a good handcuff was that I heard they might be on different teams next year which could potentially net me two starting RBs for the price of one -- I'm in a 2 man keeper league -- but that was a long shot.I'm still a little upset about the fact that Alexander was still in the game with such a big lead. :hot:

RIP S Alexander
Link?Shaun A. owners are waiting for the results of the MRI today, or some official statement from the team regarding his status for next week. Who's your #1 pick this year? :thumbdown:
Took Jerome Bettis. I was happy with his 3 TD performance, but him tweaking his ankle in the 2nd scared me enought to grab Duce off the waivers :yes:

Anyone notice that ESPN's Infirmary report says Alexander is expected to play vs. TB?ESPN Infirmary Report
Shaun AlexanderRunning backSeahawks Suffered a right knee sprain in the win over New Orleans. Could miss 1-2 games, according to radio report in Seattle.

I was POed when I didn't get SA with the 5th overall pick, now I'm happy I have Deuce instead, I think. SA was in for a huge year.

Seattle's bye week is in week 4. So I assume he'll be out 2 weeks. The next 2 games SEA goes against 2 tough run matchups in TB & SF. I don't like Morris' chances in those games but if I can grab Morris off the WW I might trade him to the panicing Alexander owner.

Bah. I'm one of those guys that didn't backup with Morris although I thought about it recently I was thinking I would wait a week (he is a FA) and see if any of my WRs panned out before dropping one as that is a need area.I also have C. Brown. Double Bah.On the plus side I hadn't traded away my depth at RB yet so I've got Martin, Q, and Gordon to fill in.I just hope it is *only* 2 weeks...pls pls pls...

Seattle's bye week is in week 4. So I assume he'll be out 2 weeks. The next 2 games SEA goes against 2 tough run matchups in TB & SF. I don't like Morris' chances in those games but if I can grab Morris off the WW I might trade him to the panicing Alexander owner.
TB and SF didnt look all that tough against the run yesterday.

Bah. I'm one of those guys that didn't backup with Morris although I thought about it recently I was thinking I would wait a week (he is a FA) and see if any of my WRs panned out before dropping one as that is a need area.I also have C. Brown. Double Bah.On the plus side I hadn't traded away my depth at RB yet so I've got Martin, Q, and Gordon to fill in.I just hope it is *only* 2 weeks...pls pls pls...
I too decided to gamble and didn't draft M.Morris to back-up S.Alexander. Luckily I always draft RB heavy so I've got B.Westbrook, Cu.Martin, T.Jones, & O.Smith to carry the load. :thumbup:

TB and SF didnt look all that tough against the run yesterday.
I doubt that TB puts up that same weak performance at home against the Seahawks that they did against the Skins on the road last week. At least I'm hoping so considering I play the guy with Alexander. His 3RB is Chris Brown but he has MoMo, so we'll see who he starts....

I'm not putting too much stock in a story with its only source as "a radio report". Alexander was scheduled for an MRI this morning. Until the results of that are released, everything else is just speculation.

I soooo feel your pain. Figured I would pick up Morris after week one. I also have Chris Brown, and to make it worse, Lee Suggs. OUCH!But a little depth might go a long way. I won the race for Lamar Gordon and also have William Green and Tyrone Wheatley. Hopefully, I can win the race for Mo Morris, too.

I hear you "Ear Muffs." Both Alexander and C. Brown are on my team as well. :( I did draft B. Westbrook and picked up Gordon the morning Miami got him. :thumbup: With the way our leagues waiver wire pick ups go (worst record or lowest point totals get first dibs), I don't stand much of a chance of getting Mo Mo.

You wouldn't think that ESPN would put too much stock in "a radio report" unless it was somewhat accurate, but you never know. I took a chance and picked up Morris.

Don't have Alexander but do have Maurice my last back drafted..........What do you guys think.......Is Maurice worth more to trade right now or to keep and start. We can start up to 5 backs 2 min. I have LT,Chris Brown, Q, Lamar Gordon,Reno Mahe,Rashard Lee.............Receivers are Andre Johnson, Darrell Jackson,Donte Stallworth,Tony G, Kennison, kelly Washington,Keshawn Johnson.......Week 1 started went with 3 backs.........Any thoughts............10 team league. :confused:

I heard that radio report this morning and it went like this.Shaun Alexander says he may be ready for the next game it is just a Knee sprain.Coach Holgrem was less optomistic he said that he would have to wait and see but Shaun could be out for 1 -2 weeks. No major damage found but an MRI is scheduled for later today.Assesment of situation:Seattle Plays a tough Tampa Defense in week 2 but shouldn't need much scoring to beat Tampa Bay. Then they play a very week San Francisco team who any running back could gain yards against. Then in week 4 Seattle has it's bye week.Shaun Alexander would be rested and healed for week5.Maurice Morris RB will be a hot ticket with Alexander possibly out till after their Bye week in week 4. Maurice Morris who is a good back and can carry the load so why take a chance to further injur Alexander.

If I were an Alexander Owner, the fact that this is a non-contact injury would be scaring the heck out of me.
Yeh, i dont buy this 2 week thing, usually injuries like this usually result in the player playing the next week, or being out a significant amount of time.

Not to be all gloom and doom, but this reminds me an awful lot of Edge's situation a few years ago. First it was Edge saying he was fine, that it was he MIGHT miss a game or two, than it was he WILL miss a game or two, than it was he will miss the season.If you got Alexander, I really hope you have Morris or a capable backup......

Not to be all gloom and doom, but this reminds me an awful lot of Edge's situation a few years ago. First it was Edge saying he was fine, that it was he MIGHT miss a game or two, than it was he WILL miss a game or two, than it was he will miss the season.If you got Alexander, I really hope you have Morris or a capable backup......
Which was the point of my previous post, if i were a betting man, i would bet Alexander doesnt miss 2 games. After the MRI, he will either be playing next week, or be out for the season.

Do people keep this paragraph in a Word file so that every time an RB tweaks something it can be posted quickly?signed, a Shaun Alexander owner who also drafted MoMo back in April.

Last edited by a moderator:
Judging by the way S.A. went down, it sure seems worse than a 1 or 2 week injury. We've all seen that type of thing happen before and it looked like more than a knee sprain. Reminded me a lot of the Buckhalter and Jamal Anderson injuries.

Which was the point of my previous post, if i were a betting man, i would bet Alexander doesnt miss 2 games. After the MRI, he will either be playing next week, or be out for the season.
Heh, I was typing it and had to take a call, than posted it. But, yeah, I agree with you. I saw the play and turned to my buddy and said 'well, he's done for the season'.

Do people keep this paragraph in a Word file so that every time an RB tweaks something it can be posted quickly?signed, a Shaun Alexander owner who also drafted MoMo back in April.
"tweeks" something and goes down untouched with a 1-2 week knee sprain awaiting MRI results are two totally different things. If it were Deuce, i would be pooping my pants right now.

...reminds me an awful lot of Edge's situation a few years ago. First it was Edge saying he was fine, that it was he MIGHT miss a game or two, than it was he WILL miss a game or two, than it was he will miss the season..
Exactly what I am thinking too.At first that report was "it will all be ok", and I snoozed on picking up Domanick Rhodes. That pause cost me the playoffs (I made the playoffs, but would have done better with Rhodes).Any time there is a knee injury to a key member of your roster, jump on their backup ASAP. The MRI could come back with bad news, and you're hooped for the year.BUT... did anyone see the injury hapen? What did it look like?

Heh, I was typing it and had to take a call, than posted it. But, yeah, I agree with you. I saw the play and turned to my buddy and said 'well, he's done for the season'.
I didnt mean you were just saying what i said, i just meant i agreed that i dont think the 2 week thing is legit, and it does seem an awful lot like the James situation, at least to this point, if he plays next week, i guess then it was nothing like it. :)

...reminds me an awful lot of Edge's situation a few years ago. First it was Edge saying he was fine, that it was he MIGHT miss a game or two, than it was he WILL miss a game or two, than it was he will miss the season..
Exactly what I am thinking too.At first that report was "it will all be ok", and I snoozed on picking up Domanick Rhodes. That pause cost me the playoffs (I made the playoffs, but would have done better with Rhodes).Any time there is a knee injury to a key member of your roster, jump on their backup ASAP. The MRI could come back with bad news, and you're hooped for the year.BUT... did anyone see the injury hapen? What did it look like?
i saw it, it did not look good, but then again, it never does when a players goes down untouched grabbing his knee.

He was cutting back to the left, off of his right leg. Went down untouched when he tried to make the next step on the right leg. Right leg looked a bit "floppy" when he went down as well. Looked pretty ominus. On the bright side, he looked to be checked thoroughly on the sideline, was iced up, and then was walking around smiling and joking. Jury's out till the MRI. Who's T. Jones going against next week? :yucky:

Right now it's all speculation. What time is the MRI and when will the results be announced? To me it's a 50-50 proposition, either he's fine or out for the year. You can't really tell with this type of injury until the MRI results are in. That said, I will patiently be hitting the refresh button until the results are announced.

I think he'll miss games 2 and 3 with the bye week 4 just to be safe. That is, as long as it's not something more serious.

Sure glad I picked up MoMo in 3 of my 4 leagues, none in which I won Alexander. Just liked him and had a feeling. Hope he looks good, but not sure he's starting material next week for me because I didn't have Alexander. But if he looks good, he could be a good starter in week 3.

Users who are viewing this thread