What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Official Thread" Green Bay vs Carolina (1 Viewer)

The Ref

Footballguy
Should be a good one. Looking forward to seeing how Green does vs a good D and if Steve Smith can make some noise.Edit: Bass and Brew said I could make this the "Official Thread" so I did. I feel so special.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played a double-header in my league. I've got one game won. But, I'm a long shot to win the other. Without getting into scoring details, I need big games from John Kasay (field goals), Mike Rukcer, and Dan Morgan (sacks and interceptions from the IDPs with good tackle/assists to supplement).

I posted this in its own thread, but I'll put it in the "official" thread as well.

Does anyone have a working link to listen to this game online? I've checked this site: http://www.sportsbroadcastpages.com/ for all the Carolina sites (there are none for Green Bay), but I cannot get any of them to open while I am at work (stupid firewall). Anyone that can post something that they have gotten to work would be greatly appreciated!!

Now that this is "official"....I'm Ready For Some Football!(after I ring da man)
I hear that - I smell Over on this one... but I don't call my man till week 2. I hate to wager on week 1.As for FF - I am down 88 points, face Driver and have A Green and S Smith to go. McBadd, Horn, McWifebeater, and the Titans D killed me - so this is more of a scout game as I have already chalked up the big L.

I posted this in its own thread, but I'll put it in the "official" thread as well.Does anyone have a working link to listen to this game online? I've checked this site: http://www.sportsbroadcastpages.com/ for all the Carolina sites (there are none for Green Bay), but I cannot get any of them to open while I am at work (stupid firewall). Anyone that can post something that they have gotten to work would be greatly appreciated!!
You can sign up for a free week trial for the NFL radio. I did it for the Titans- Phins game and it worked like a charm.

Was Dennis Hopper once cool? Because he certainly hasn't been for a very long time.I guess 1969's "Easy Rider" has to help his old school coolness. I haven't seen that film in a long time and barely remember it. Was the opening MNF skit a parody of that film?

Now that this is "official"....I'm Ready For Some Football!(after I ring da man)
I hear that - I smell Over on this one... but I don't call my man till week 2. I hate to wager on week 1.As for FF - I am down 88 points, face Driver and have A Green and S Smith to go. McBadd, Horn, McWifebeater, and the Titans D killed me - so this is more of a scout game as I have already chalked up the big L.
Small play on the under, heavy on the Pack plus 3.5.

Was Dennis Hopper once cool? Because he certainly hasn't been for a very long time.I guess 1969's "Easy Rider" has to help him.
Hoppers character in 'Blue Velvet' was one of the coolest....ever.

Im still without cable (hurricane frances) but i see Green had 3 rushes than fisher and davenport come in, what gives? Also, how does green look running the ball?ETA: hes averaging over 5 ypc! keep feeding him the ball dammit

Was Dennis Hopper once cool? Because he certainly hasn't been for a very long time.I guess 1969's "Easy Rider" has to help him.
Hoppers character in 'Blue Velvet' was one of the coolest....ever.
The scary part is Hopper once commented he felt that character was most similar to his own personality.

Im still without cable (hurricane frances) but i see Green had 3 rushes than fisher and davenport come in, what gives? Also, how does green look running the ball?
Green is getting spelled fequently. Commentator said Sherman wants to keep Ahman fresh for the redzone. If this continues throughout the year we could see a decline in Ahman's #s.

I'm stuck at work, so tell me why Davenport is running the ball so much. Did Green get hurt?
If Ahman Greeen gets hurt, you can be sure there will be a dozen posts up about it.Ahman Green has 4 rushes for 22 yards already. What's wrong with you Green owners? Why are you so jittery?

Im still without cable (hurricane frances) but i see Green had 3 rushes than fisher and davenport come in, what gives? Also, how does green look running the ball?ETA: hes averaging over 5 ypc! keep feeding him the ball dammit
Michaels explained that Sherman is giving Davenpoop the carries between the 40s so that Ahman is rested for the red zone action.'Course, the only one that can get them to the red zone is Ahman, so there you have the coaching genius that is Mike Sherman. ;)

How long do you think it is going to take for Madden to crawl out of Farve's butt tonight??Brett Farve this, Ace Hardware that... :loco:

I'm stuck at work, so tell me why Davenport is running the ball so much. Did Green get hurt?
If Ahman Greeen gets hurt, you can be sure there will be a dozen posts up about it.Ahman Green has 4 rushes for 22 yards already. What's wrong with you Green owners? Why are you so jittery?
It's called a so-called bruised knee. That makes me very jittery. Seeing Green not getting his number called so early with Najeh getting 3 straight carries, guess I was worried. I need him big time tonight, and the rest of the season.

Why is an illegal formation call "declinable" (yeah, I know that's not a word) but an illegal motion call is not? They both occur before the snap, you're either moving too soon or lined up wrong. It seems to me an illegal procedure call should be like a false start and not able to be declined by the defense...

I'm stuck at work, so tell me why Davenport is running the ball so much.  Did Green get hurt?
It's called a so-called bruised knee. That makes me very jittery. Seeing Green not getting his number called so early with Najeh getting 3 straight carries, guess I was worried. I need him big time tonight, and the rest of the season.
No, it's the same way they tried to rest Green last year. I can't believe these comments are starting already. :rolleyes:

Michaels explained that Sherman is giving Davenpoop the carries between the 40s so that Ahman is rested for the red zone action.'Course, the only one that can get them to the red zone is Ahman, so there you have the coaching genius that is Mike Sherman. ;)
Why don't you guys want Ahman Green (or any other top running back) to rest while his team has the ball? Why do they have to be out there on every play?

Well since i still dont have cable, its hard for me to get the latest "news." This 56k errr is sloooowwww. I wasnt aware about that 40yard thing.

I'm stuck at work, so tell me why Davenport is running the ball so much.  Did Green get hurt?
No, it's the same way they used Green last year. I can't believe these comments are starting already. :rolleyes:
What's your problem? I am stuck at work and can't see the game. It was just a simple question. I got my answer, explained why I was over-worried, and that's that. Not being a Green owner last year, I can't say I followe him play by play. Didn't know he would get 3 carries off in a row. Sorry I am not a genius like you, just was trying to get some insight on a game I can't see.

Grady Jackson was just carted off the field with a knee injury; got rolled up on & bent very awkwardly. I'm no doctor, but the way that looked I'd be suprised to see Jackson back in action tonight.What that means, of course, is very good news for Stephen Davis & DeShaun Foster.

He's got FOUR carries and TWENTY-TWO yards on the first drive. Why aren't you thriled with the way they're using him?

No, it's the same way they used Green last year. I can't believe these comments are starting already. :rolleyes:
What's your problem? I am stuck at work and can't see the game. It was just a simple question. I got my answer, explained why I was over-worried, and that's that. Not being a Green owner last year, I can't say I followe him play by play. Didn't know he would get 3 carries off in a row. Sorry I am not a genius like you, just was trying to get some insight on a game I can't see.
Your comment about a bruised knee was the problem.

Initial prognosis on Jackson is a sprained left knee. He is being X-rayed as I type."Doubtful" to return tonight.

He's got FOUR carries and TWENTY-TWO yards on the first drive. Why aren't you thriled with the way their using him?
What are you not understanding??? I am thrilled. I was just worried becuase he got 3 carries off. Not your usual 1 play breather. Now that I know he is fine, I have no problem. Not seeing the game, I was just worried.

I read on a message board he has a degenerative knee condition.

He's got FOUR carries and TWENTY-TWO yards on the first drive. Why aren't you thriled with the way their using him?
What are you not understanding??? I am thrilled. I was just worried becuase he got 3 carries off. Not your usual 1 play breather. Now that I know he is fine, I have no problem. Not seeing the game, I was just worried.
I find myself wondering why you're worried, considering this is how they used him last year, and surprised that you're not thrilled with his production.

When a guy comes into a game with a knee injury (if you believe all coach-speak about guys being fine ala Shanahan, more power too you), then after 3 carries has 3 carries off I feared the worst. I overreacted and said that already. I don't get why everyone always has to gang bash everyone in here. My bad, but enough already.

Green just got his bell rung & fumbled the ball (picked up by Javon Walker).They haven't said anything about it & there's a time out while they review the play, but he sure looked like he was in a fog after the hit.

Users who are viewing this thread