What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arrested Development (1 Viewer)

(Raises his hand without hesitation) - That show is hilarious - very clever as well...

Excellent show. So glad that FOX decided to bring it back again (was very close to being cancelled) One of the most original shows out there. A rarity in this day of Hollywood.

By far the greatest sitcom on TV. Intelligent humor mixed with sight gags and great story telling. It's brilliant.I do have to say the commercials for it didn't do it justice. I had no desire to watch it from the commercials. But after seeing one episode, I was hooked.

It's smart enough that I'm really surprised that it wasn't cancelled. F'n lowest common denominator not getting shows like Sports Night. :hot:
It almost was. Glad it didn't get the axe....so effin funny.

This is the kind of show that could go for a whole hour and I wouldn't look at my watch once.
When I got the First season from NetFlix, I ended up watching hours at a time and didn't even realize it.

One of?It is my favorite.LMFAO at Tobias being an understudy to the blue man group and following his wife around during their open relationship hiding against blue backdrops.

One of?It is my favorite.LMFAO at Tobias being an understudy to the blue man group and following his wife around during their open relationship hiding against blue backdrops.
I was laughing until I was almost in tears at this. Pure Comedic Genius!

I've never watched it. What 'kind' of humor is it mostly? fwiw, I tend to appreciate the more dry, dark, humor a la George<>Jerry as opposed to brainless, slapstick stuff a la Kramer. Will I like the show?jeez, don't think I've ever used the term 'a la' before and now I use it twice in one sentence. :loco:

the more dry, dark, humor
a la what we've been quoting?the line "What is she, funny or something?" is upon looking at the young man's girlfriend.trust us. it's the best show on tv.

I've never watched it. What 'kind' of humor is it mostly? fwiw, I tend to appreciate the more dry, dark, humor a la George<>Jerry as opposed to brainless, slapstick stuff a la Kramer. Will I like the show?jeez, don't think I've ever used the term 'a la' before and now I use it twice in one sentence. :loco:
It is often dry and dark but it does rely on a lot of slapstick. It's far from brainless though.

This is not true.
Really? I heard the same thing from my Sister-In-Law this week.
Hmmm, I just googled it and that story is apparently making the rounds. I thought it wasn't true because I know Ellen had a live-in girlfriend. Don't know if there's anything to it or not.
Heard it on Don & Mike (nationally syndicated radio show based out of DC) yesterday. Apparently Ellen broke up with girlfriend and has hooked up with Portia. Seeing as Buzz (The news guy) confirmed it, I gotta believe it's true.

Best comedy show I've seen in forever. And, unfortunately, as a die hard Simpsons fan, it stands in stark contrast to the pitiful Simpsons season that's in progress. I'm wondering if it may be time for a mercy killing.George Michael: Um...uh...there's a ladder.

Watched about half of the first season now. One thing that annoys me.....at the end of an episode they constantly say "on the next Arrested Development" and then show scenes that presumably happen on the next episode but rarely do. For example, on the next to last one I watched they showed Michael's doofus brother accidentally starting the house on fire which never happens. Kind of annoying.

Watched about half of the first season now. One thing that annoys me.....at the end of an episode they constantly say "on the next Arrested Development" and then show scenes that presumably happen on the next episode but rarely do. For example, on the next to last one I watched they showed Michael's doofus brother accidentally starting the house on fire which never happens. Kind of annoying.
boy, that one nearly clipped your new hairdo there, eh?

i think this is actually a pretty funny shtick - anything that makes fun of TV conventions is ok by me.

I just this week noticed they do that. I normally hate it when shows tell you what's going to happen next week, so I never watched the end. This makes it even funnier, if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread