What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arrested Development (1 Viewer)

5/29  

Watching the remix now, kinda bummed you can't watch season 4 the old way though.  Seems like a lot of additional Narrator. 

5/29  

Watching the remix now, kinda bummed you can't watch season 4 the old way though.  Seems like a lot of additional Narrator. 
Season 4 Original Recipe is still on Netflix, but they buried it in extras or somewhere ... follow @ArrestedDevelopment on twitter if you really want to find it (they answered this question over the weekend)

Season 4 Original Recipe is still on Netflix, but they buried it in extras or somewhere ... follow @ArrestedDevelopment on twitter if you really want to find it (they answered this question over the weekend)
Glad you pointed this out.  Got bummed there for a minute, as we still haven't finished the last 3 or 4 eps with my daughter yet.

Wow, season 5? Sooo excited. Season 4 was solid but it took a bit to get used to. Hoping the new edits improve it.

Wow, season 5? Sooo excited. Season 4 was solid but it took a bit to get used to. Hoping the new edits improve it.
For the record, I loved season 4, but I do think the remix has improved it (through 2 episodes) if only from the standpoint that you get a better mix of characters in each episode.  Remains to be seen how he uses what for me was the funniest scene in AD history (hint: it involved the pool in the Sudden Valley development).

Ok I'm maybe 12 episodes into the remix and I'm realizing it is way over narrated. Don't recall original 4 having this much Ron Howard. 

Ok I'm maybe 12 episodes into the remix and I'm realizing it is way over narrated. Don't recall original 4 having this much Ron Howard. 
There might that be a little more exposition as he links some stuff that was better presented in the other order, but he always set the stage for most every scene. 

Watched the first two episodes of season 5 this morning.  Excellent start 

Finished the remix.  Liked the original better.  The recap at the start of 5 had a scene or two they dropped for the remix. 

Wow. Where the #### have I been? Watched this show last night. ####ing hilarious.Already climbing up the charts.Best sitcom ever:1. Seinfeld2. Get a Life3. Arrested Development
Update?

For me it goes:
1. Arrested Development
2. The Good Place
3. Seinfeld

Looks like Netflix is removing all AD from its service this month. I think the three seasons broadcast on FOX should still be available on Hulu, but the Netflix originals look to be going away for good. I thought the Netflix seasons were a significant step down (I think the efforts to experiment with the streaming format and to compensate for not having the cast together at once just didn't work out), but it's still kind of sad to see the seasons just fade into the ether.

Looks like Netflix is removing all AD from its service this month. I think the three seasons broadcast on FOX should still be available on Hulu, but the Netflix originals look to be going away for good. I thought the Netflix seasons were a significant step down (I think the efforts to experiment with the streaming format and to compensate for not having the cast together at once just didn't work out), but it's still kind of sad to see the seasons just fade into the ether.
I think it was only S4 where the cast was unable to sync schedules (GDB green screen :yucky:). S5 had them together with the exception of PDR who quit acting before the last season (and yet somehow ended up in 5 episodes).

S1 - S3 were absolute genius. S4 and S5 are still better than most dreck out there. S4 had some of the biggest LOL moments despite not being able to get the gang together consistently.

This is always going to be one of those franchises where you wonder how awesome it might have been if it had caught on and not gotten prematurely cancelled. The first three seasons are among the best of any comedy ever. It's like the Terrell Davis of shows.

The Netflix seasons were pale imitations of the real thing, but it's kind of strange to see Netflix remove them. I assume this is some weird contractual thing, which is just another sign of why streaming kind of sucks.

OK so I did yet another rewatch prior to Netflix removing the series.
Seasons 1-3 are absolutely fantastic and why AD is my #1 comedy of all time.
Season 4 as originally envisioned was actually quite good. However, they really botched the "remix" (referred to as "Fateful Consequences") which was the result - I believe - of the criticism related to only having the actors on a limited basis, and having character-specific episodes (i.e., an episode with GOB, and episode with Michael, and so on). They made huge mistake in remixing. But until recently you could still watch the original Season 4. Why they removed that I'll never know.
Season 5 was a misfire. Sure it still had some funny moments, but it did not come close to the greatness of Seasons 1-3.

My wife and I tried to watch season 5, but we only made it a 3 episodes in. Way too much narration, it had been a while since I had watched the other seasons and i thought the entire season 5 episode 1 was a recap. I did not realize that it was putting down new story until the credits rolled.

Users who are viewing this thread