What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arrested Development (1 Viewer)

"I call her Annabell, because she's shaped like a bell...."Jason Bateman's delivery to hi son is always on target.

Great to see Annyong's back! They definitely manage to do that (bring back characters you completely forgot about) well on the show.

MR F - Mentally ######ed Female
Yup, this was genius. I wasn't really enjoying the whole Charlize Theron secret agent subplot, but now that they dropped this bomb I need to go back and watch all the earlier episodes. Too funny.

Yup, this was genius. I wasn't really enjoying the whole Charlize Theron secret agent subplot, but now that they dropped this bomb I need to go back and watch all the earlier episodes. Too funny.
Agreed. I think we all had a "ohhhhhh, now I get it" moment there.I think my favorite "in retrospect" line of the series is Buster saying "I never thought I'd miss a hand that much" in reference to the red chair. :lmao:

The Godzilla parody in the second half-hour sent me into a laughing/coughing spasm that almost punctured my lung.
Ditto. The subtle humor cracks me up almost as much, like the CIA van marked Blendin Catering. :D

The Godzilla parody in the second half-hour sent me into a laughing/coughing spasm that almost punctured my lung.
Ditto. The subtle humor cracks me up almost as much, like the CIA van marked Blendin Catering. :D
Or Gob's beauty pageant judge certification at the "inner beauty" pageant ...Specialty: Outer

You didn't realize she was slow? The signs were all there. Check out when the family drugs her and puts her on a bus stop bench. When she sits up she blocks out portions of the Wee Britain sign so it just says Wee Brain. They like to foreshadow with bench signs. Like when right before Buster lost his hand he was on a bench that said Army Office but he sat in front of part of it to make is say Arm Off.

You didn't realize she was slow? The signs were all there. Check out when the family drugs her and puts her on a bus stop bench. When she sits up she blocks out portions of the Wee Britain sign so it just says Wee Brain. They like to foreshadow with bench signs. Like when right before Buster lost his hand he was on a bench that said Army Office but he sat in front of part of it to make is say Arm Off.
Just call me Mr. M.

I was so pissed when I missed the show last night. Fortunately, bittorrent exists. :thumbup:Which may be the best way to watch the show. The jokes are flying fast and furious. I suggested that AD may be the best show ever. There is no doubt now.When Michael and George are talking about the Inner Beauty Pageant. Held at the State Fair, well, the Church and State Fair ("People of God and Taxpayers").Then they flash the Times and there's a picture of Robert Patterson. :DTobias is fantastic: "Get in there, have some sex with this girl right now"And the "song" playing in the Steve Holt/Michael training montage: "Keep Those Balls in the Air" as it ends in front of the Father/Son bronze statue.The inner beauty pageant judge: "Pope Impersonator" with the Fake PopemobileStartled Straight :lmao: With all the crucifixin's?This show absolutely kills

I was so pissed when I missed the show last night. Fortunately, bittorrent exists. :thumbup:

Which may be the best way to watch the show. The jokes are flying fast and furious. I suggested that AD may be the best show ever. There is no doubt now.

When Michael and George are talking about the Inner Beauty Pageant. Held at the State Fair, well, the Church and State Fair ("People of God and Taxpayers").

Then they flash the Times and there's a picture of Robert Patterson. :D

Tobias is fantastic: "Get in there, have some sex with this girl right now"

And the "song" playing in the Steve Holt/Michael training montage: "Keep Those Balls in the Air" as it ends in front of the Father/Son bronze statue.

The inner beauty pageant judge: "Pope Impersonator" with the Fake Popemobile

Startled Straight :lmao:

With all the crucifixin's?

This show absolutely kills
Gob, "A young street tough by the name of Steve Holt is going to stop by." Michael,"Your son."

Gob,"Says him."

Michael, "and a DNA test."

Gob, "I hear the jury's still out on science."

"Blue State in the Red."

Oh my God, the 2nd episode might be better.George Sr.'s web search (on InfoMole). The page was on "Ankle Monitor" before he entered "Jet Pants". Add your URL to InfoMole was the first result.Love the motivational poster covering the Cousins Dangeroux. Fun & Failure both start the same way.I love how GOB calls the surrogate Dad.I just noticed how Tobias has on cut off jeans beneath his workout shorts in the lockerroom. Boy do they know how to consistently run a joke.The Godzilla parody was top notch. "I ache with embarassment""It took some idiot parrot man with a camera in his head to bring us together."And Dave Thomas is a consummate pro. He's way underutilized by movies and tv.

I have to agree, the double meaning of "startled straight" had me rolling. Did you catch the "blendin catering" on the CIA's van? The attention to detail is outstanding. Gob, "God knows they're squinters."

On reflection, I think George Sr's decision to hijack the Popemobile instead of the Hummer because he "wanted something bulletproof" may be the most viciously funny joke about the bungled Iraq War of the year. My other favorite line "I will out this Queen." "I think you already have."

On reflection, I think George Sr's decision to hijack the Popemobile instead of the Hummer because he "wanted something bulletproof" may be the most viciously funny joke about the bungled Iraq War of the year.

My other favorite line "I will out this Queen." "I think you already have."
I consider myself somewhat conservative and I thought that joke was great. George Sr. yells at the cops, "I'll see you in hell," as he's driving away in the pope mobile. The glass breaks and he says, "thank God I wasn't in the Humvee."

The Army's "one in, one out" program was pretty funny as well.

GB Bittorrents. Downloaded all of them last night and there were so many people leeching/seeding that each episode downloaded in 2 hours or less. Best show ever.My favorite sub plot is George Michael and Maibe. "It doesnt count because we didnt finish it." "You want to finish it?" "Meet me here tomorrow." :lmao: Steve Holt being related is losing me a little bit because Maibe had a crush on him first season. The fact Steve Holt yells his name all the time is genius. (Door bell rings) "STEVE HOLT!""Who's Ann?" "Oh Annabell, because she is shaped like a bell, I remember her." - George Michael should have jumped on that when given the chance. She was waiting and willing.Charlize was great I thought. Her backpacks were awesome.

I have to agree, the double meaning of "startled straight" had me rolling.

Did you catch the "blendin catering" on the CIA's van?

The attention to detail is outstanding.

Gob, "God knows they're squinters."
Apparently I'm missing something...what's the significance of Blendin Catering?

They are CIA agents... Blend... in... Catering. They were trying to hide.

did anyone catch the steve holt motivational saying in the brilliant montage?"Dont ask Can I?, ask I can!""You can control your bladder when you're dead""No Blood, No Oil!""There's no I in Win!"also, i fell off the couch during steve holt's oxy-incontinent joke.best comedy on TV, and its not close. in the running for best comedy ever on TV.

They are CIA agents... Blend... in... Catering. They were trying to hide.
That's what I get for skipping my morning caffeine...:slapsforehead:I was putting the emPHAsis on the wrong syLABble.

:lmao: :lmao: At the end of last show when they show Annyong in the house he says:

Annyong (subtitle Hello)

then

Hello (subtitle Annyong)

:lmao: :lmao:
:thumbup: Great stuff!I also wonder if the show will go long enough to bring back Maggie Lizer, since she actually is pregnant now ....

This episode had a bit too many double-entendre's for my taste (they're kinda going over the top with that stuff) but I still laughed my ### off. :lmao:

Also, one last bit about show 4 of this season. George Michael turning away from things being thrown at him in his childhood and then when they are in the kitchen is good stuff. Then Tobias does it... good stuff. Who is Ann's man she found? People are saying Steve Holt but not sure.Also, on the other message board they said George Michael screamed, or yelped when Ann broke up with him but I cannot find it anywhere in episode 4 or 5. I dont know.

Also, one last bit about show 4 of this season.  George Michael turning away from things being thrown at him in his childhood and then when they are in the kitchen is good stuff.  Then Tobias does it... good stuff. 
this brings a question i have about some paternity in this show....GM son of Michael

Maiba NOT the daughter of Michel's Sister?

or is GM not really michalel's, since a relationship between Holt, and Maiba was incest, but not GM and Maibe,

and GM hides from things thrown at him, and so does Tobias, so they could be fatehr and son?? in which case, TObias isn't maibes father? but then if Holt and Maibe IS incest, then GOB and and Portia aren't brother and sister either? or Portia isn't maibe's mother either???

??? more stuff in this show than LOST

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, one last bit about show 4 of this season.  George Michael turning away from things being thrown at him in his childhood and then when they are in the kitchen is good stuff.  Then Tobias does it... good stuff. 
They've hinted many times that Maybe isn't the biological kid of Tobias and Portia De Rossi (can't remember her character name).

They've hinted many times that Maybe isn't the biological kid of Tobias and Portia De Rossi (can't remember her character name).
but then they still say Holt and Maine would be incest... still possible..

this brings a question i have about some paternity in this show....GM son of Michael

or is GM not really michalel's, since a relationship between Holt, and Maiba was incest, but not GM and Maibe,

and GM hides from things thrown at him, and so does Tobias, so they could be fatehr and son?? in which case, TObias isn't maibes father? but then if Holt and Maibe IS incest, then GOB and and Portia aren't brother and sister either? or Portia isn't maibe's mother either???

I think, hope, you are reading way to much into it. Michael = GM, Tobias = Maebe, Gob = Steve Holt. If GM is Tobias' then he would have had to have sex with Michael's deceased wife. Not cool. Like I mentioned above, I dont really like the whole Gob = Steve Holt story line yet because now all the kids are kissing cousins except for Ann. Which ironically Ann could be Tobias' and Maebe could have been switched at birth thus leaving open the option for GM&Maebe but that would be a lot of story telling to pull that off.

yes, but "reading TOO much in to it" as proven from the LOST thread.. is kinda fun...I said it before and belive it more and more... this is the SOAP for a new generation... easily my CANT miss show.. above all others...

I think, hope, you are reading way to much into it. Michael = GM, Tobias = Maebe, Gob = Steve Holt. If GM is Tobias' then he would have had to have sex with Michael's deceased wife. Not cool. Like I mentioned above, I dont really like the whole Gob = Steve Holt story line yet because now all the kids are kissing cousins except for Ann. Which ironically Ann could be Tobias' and Maebe could have been switched at birth thus leaving open the option for GM&Maebe but that would be a lot of story telling to pull that off.
My guess is that Maeby is clearly not related by blood to Lindsay, meaning Maeby's not related to either George Michael or Steve Holt.Seems to be consistent with her being "made in a cup" and getting "donors" (from season 1).

I think I missed the season finale from last season. What happened to the twin father?

I think I missed the season finale from last season. What happened to the twin father?
George Sr. went up to him to "make amends" (family first) ... only to drug him, shave his head, and turn Oscar into prison while he escaped (as a Blue Man).

George Sr. went up to him to "make amends" (family first) ... only to drug him, shave his head, and turn Oscar into prison while he escaped (as a Blue Man).
What a great sentence that is, regardless of context. :lmao: :lmao: And BTW, I saw that AD is ranked in the 90's for primetime shows...ugh.

However, with the real George now under house arrest, that would indicate that Oscar has been set free. Yet, he hasn't been brought back yet.

So what's with the oriental guy in the walls?
It's Annyong. The korean kid Mrs. Bluth adopted to seem more caring in the eyes of the press. Supposedly got sent off to boarding school.

So what's with the oriental guy in the walls?
Thats Annyong (Hello) who the mother adopted in the first season to take the place of her sons who should have been moving out. Buster saw it different and stayed with mother. Annyong (Hello) made an appearance in season 2 I believe, I watched the DVDs and thought I saw him but he had a bigger role in season one.Maybe Ann's new man in Annyong (Hello).

I must've missed more episodes last season then I thought. With this show, that can be big. At least it's on Tivo now.

I must've missed more episodes last season then I thought. With this show, that can be big. At least it's on Tivo now.
DVD's of Season 1 & 2 are out. Also, bittorrents of Season 1 & 2 are also around the Net and torrents of the 5 episodes this year are there as well. I will have to download future episodes as I should be busy Monday nights. Didnt take long to download... cable modem.

The way I understand it is the show is hinting at Maeby not being Linday's birth daughter. The line that always cracks me up is when GM asks Gob if Aunt Lindsay was ever pregnant. He responds with, "Oh yes, dozens of times."

It's fun to guess, but the show has a way of twisting it in a direction that's difficult to predict.

I think somewhere there is a missing family member that won't be shown sort of like on the show "The Osbornes" the Osborne's other kid wasn't in the show. I just remember in one of the police family trees there was a face that was blurred out. Not sure if that ever came up in an interview I read, or on the dvd extras.

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Will the pay-TV environs of Showtime be a friendlier place for the Emmy-winning comedy "Arrested Development," which just got canceled by Fox?ADVERTISEMENTWord around town this week is that Showtime is in talks to pick up the comedy about a chaotic family. Sources stressed that the talks are still exploratory and that it would be a big financial commitment on Showtime's part to pick up the show in its current form with a large ensemble cast that includes Jason Bateman, Jeffrey Tambor, Portia de Rossi, Jessica Walter and Will Arnett."Arrested" was an instant hit with critics following its debut on Fox in late 2003, but the show never pulled in much of a crowd, even after it won the Emmy for best comedy series in 2004. Last month, Fox threw in the towel, cutting its episode order for "Arrested's" third season from its initial 22-episode ticket to 13.Representatives for Showtime, and the series' producers 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV declined comment late Tuesday.Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Will the pay-TV environs of Showtime be a friendlier place for the Emmy-winning comedy "Arrested Development," which just got canceled by Fox?

ADVERTISEMENT

Word around town this week is that Showtime is in talks to pick up the comedy about a chaotic family. Sources stressed that the talks are still exploratory and that it would be a big financial commitment on Showtime's part to pick up the show in its current form with a large ensemble cast that includes Jason Bateman, Jeffrey Tambor, Portia de Rossi, Jessica Walter and Will Arnett.

"Arrested" was an instant hit with critics following its debut on Fox in late 2003, but the show never pulled in much of a crowd, even after it won the Emmy for best comedy series in 2004. Last month, Fox threw in the towel, cutting its episode order for "Arrested's" third season from its initial 22-episode ticket to 13.

Representatives for Showtime, and the series' producers 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV declined comment late Tuesday.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
I think HBO would be a better venue...deeper pockets. Plus, with the decline of some of their staple shows, they need some solid replacements.

anyone willing to keep this thing going gets my $$$.. gladly pay for showtime over Direct Ticket

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread