What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst record with MOST points (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tandl71

Footballguy
In one league, after tonight I should be 2-5 with the most points in my league. Guy in first in my division will be 5-2 with 200 fewer points than me.Can anyone beat that? :hot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. 4-3. 1 bad week. 2 straight weeks of being beaten by the high scorer of the week. Only 1 game out in my division though.

4-3, close 2nd in points, but 1st in points scored against.I had the luxury of facing Priest this week, CPep last week......But the good news is I have a chance to be 1st in points if Droughns goes off!

4-3, close 2nd in points, but 1st in points scored against.I had the luxury of facing Priest this week, CPep last week......But the good news is I have a chance to be 1st in points if Droughns goes off!
I'm 4-3 and will be 1st in points and most points against. Not much you can do when your opponents put up 107, 129 and 113 in your losses. I'm also in last place in a 4 team division, :wall: but would be the 3rd wildcard team.

No, but a guy in my league is second in points and sitting on a 3-3-1 record. I'm something like 4th or 5th and am in 1st place at 6-1. I don't get it....

I will be 4-3 after tonight with MOST pts scored and MOST pts given up by over 100pts. Standard Scoring league and people are averaging 103 a week on me. I scored 119 this week and only won by 5.My team is in my sig below.

I finished last season in last place despite scoring the most number of points in an auction keeper league. It's ok, things have rebounded this year and am at 6-1 with 250 points more than any other team, and twice as many points as the last place team. Bad luck doesn't completely escape you though....I lost by 1/4 point (the exact amount for one rushing attempt) when the Rams gave the ball to Marshall Faulk 3 times on the final drive on MNF last week.

Well, :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: Last year, my team rank number 2 overall most point and a other team rank number 3 overall for most point. Sad part is we were in toilet bowl. Guess what I became toilet bowl champion. That is sad.. It unreal..

Every year this happens and yet my league seems to be one of the few that has instituted a rule that allows for 4 teams to make the playoffs based on record and two wild cards based solely on points. Which I why I can sleep soundly at night with my 3-4 record and high points lead.Why don't other leagues allow for WC spots based on points???

I've had 119 more points scored against me than the 2nd most team....and I'm sitting at 3-4 (2nd in my division behind a team that's 4-3). The team that has Culpepper/Holmes is going to be 2-5...also in my division. What is wrong with this picture?

Facing the Denver D, Elam, and CJ tonight. Chances are highly likely that I will join the unusual ranks of most points scored in the league but a 2-5 record to show for it (9th place out of 10 teams). And yes, I do have the highest points scored against me year to date as well......Very frustrating.

Well, I'm 5-2 in one league, so not whinning too much. I'm outscoring the rest of the league by 100 points.The bad-luck part? 12-team league, and both my losses I've had the 2nd most points that week. What are the odds? Booo!!!

It sucks to have points scored against you and have most points and all, I have been in that same situation many times as well but the team with the most points in the NFL does not always win every week either. I like the fact that you/I can lose any given week but I also believe that things even out as well. You may lose this week having the 3rd highest points but next week you might win with the 11th least points in your 12 team league. Them the breaks I guess.

How about best with least? I am sitting at 7-0, having already won this week, despite having the fourth least points in the league. I have the weirdest luck this year, so it could turn around for the rest of you. Who knows - I could finish 7-7 :eek:

The strangest that i have among my teams is I have record of 6-1 with the most points against in the league by quite a bit. the good news is that I have most points in the league by a larger margin.tons of shoot outs. :boxing:

Well, I'm 5-2 in one league, so not whinning too much. I'm outscoring the rest of the league by 100 points.The bad-luck part? 12-team league, and both my losses I've had the 2nd most points that week. What are the odds? Booo!!!
same

Can't beat you but am close...unless Chad Johnson goes off tonight, I will have the most points in the league, and be 3-4 (at least I will still be 1st in our division!)Last year I set our league record for points in a season and finished 7-5-1...I am on pace to break that this year!! :rant:

The strangest that i have among my teams is I have record of 6-1 with the most points against in the league by quite a bit. the good news is that I have most points in the league by a larger margin.tons of shoot outs. :boxing:
I have an odd stat: most points for, least points against, but 1-2 in divisional play (5-2 overall).

The team with the 2nd best record in my league is 4-3.

I have scored one more point than him, and yet Im 1-6. 1-6!!!

Ive got the 2nd most points against.

:wall:

Im averaging 50+ points a game (the best team is averaging almost 60pts a game). I have 4 losses in games in which Ive scored over 50 points, yet theres a team that has wins by scoring 34, 29, and 28 points. My lowest point total for the year was week 1 (38pts), when I started Barlow over Curtis Martin (Martin scored 20 points that week).

I cant win for losing this year.

Im glad we just instituted a rule this year that gives the last wildcard spot to the highest total points of all the teams left. Im not out of it yet.

:thumbup:

As you know, sometimes it works that way through matchups. I'll never forget in my oldest league being top scorer by well over 100 points one year--and going into the playoffs as the #6 seed with an 8-5 record. This year after 7 games the top scoring team is at 4-3 with 858 points. I'm second high scoring with 728 points and a 5-2 record (in a three-way tie for best record). It gets real frustrating when that high scoring team is your own. :mellow: As a side note to that, I reached the conclusion last year that it was time to reevaluate my drafting strategy. Instead of going for the reliable, week-in-week-out scorers at every position--I went after some of the fire-and-ice, hit-or-miss combos thinking that's who I'd been losing to--so why not?!! Don't know if it will put me over the top but it seems worth the try so far....

Im glad we just instituted a rule this year that gives the last wildcard spot to the highest total points of all the teams left. Im not out of it yet. :thumbup:
I think that's a good idea, and may propose it for next year. Kinda takes the fun out of playing when you have such high scores and your record's squashed anyway. Wildcard to the "points winner" could keep us all involved through the season.

Im glad we just instituted a rule this year that gives the last wildcard spot to the highest total points of all the teams left. Im not out of it yet.thumbup1.gif
That's a great rule. I'm putting it in next year.'course, part of why I'm putting it in is that this year, my team with Culpepper, Moss, Westbrook, TJones, Chad Johnson et al is averaging 92 points (league average = 61 points) and is 3-4. You would think that Cpepp and Moss alone would be enough to have me well over .500.

How about best with least? I am sitting at 7-0, having already won this week, despite having the fourth least points in the league. I have the weirdest luck this year, so it could turn around for the rest of you. Who knows - I could finish 7-7 :eek:
Same situation with me...Fantasy Gods have been VERY kind to me this year!My team: 7 - 0, 451 Points For, 314 Points AgainstAnother owner: 2 - 5, 491 Points For, 518 Poinst Against

How about THREE leagues?Four weeks into the season, I was 1-3, 1-3, 1-3 with the #2, #3, #4 scoring team in the league. Highest points against in all three leagues. Since then, the law of averages has evened things out a bit. I have gone 8-1 over the last 3 weeks, getting my records up to 4-3, 4-3, 3-4 and have a good shot at the playoffs in all 3 leagues. Still leading 2 of them in points against, though. Hope your luck turns around too, but prepare for the worst. I had a team a couple years ago that dominated a 12 team league in total points and had an all-play record of something like 144-40-3. In a 17 week, best record, no playoff format I finished the year at 9-8 and in 6th place. Scored 1st or 2nd highest points of the week 10x and lost 5 of them. The winner of the league finished at 13-4, and with his schedule I would have gone 15-2. S'ok, though...it was only a $1500 prize for first place. :wall: Sometimes the bear gets you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread