What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

T.O.'s crying again (1 Viewer)

P Boy

Footballguy
LINK

T.O. sure is talented, but he must be overdosing on stupid pills daily:

PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia wide receiver Terrell Owens said Wednesday he received several "hate" e-mails through his Web site from players asking how he can embarrass Ray Lewis by imitating Lewis' dance after Owens scored a touchdown in the Eagles' 15-10 victory against Baltimore on Sunday.

"It's discouraging at times that I get labeled and put in that same mold and that I'm the worst guy that ever put on a uniform," Owens said. "It's funny. I listen to all the comments and it baffles me.

"You have a guy like Ray Lewis, who I thought he was pretty much my friend. This is a guy, double murder case, and he could have been in jail, but it seems like the league embraces a guy like that. But I'm going out scoring touchdowns and having fun, but I'm the bad guy."

Owens has feuded with Lewis, Baltimore's All-Pro linebacker, since he spurned the Ravens and forced a trade to the Eagles in March. After Owens mocked Lewis by imitating his dance, Lewis, several Ravens players and other players around the league heavily criticized Owens for his latest self-expression.

"All I can really narrow it down to is that they don't like me," Owens said. "Like (Pittsburgh linebacker) Joey Porter said, Lewis comes back and the league embraces him. He makes tackles and he gets up and does his thing.

"For whatever reason, they just don't like me. I think just the fact that I have a lot of confidence for what I can do on the field, and I still go out there and I do it and I still have fun with it, so I don't know why they have a problem with me."

Lewis declined comment. In a statement, the Ravens said, "Like the rest of the NFL community, we would expect nothing less from Terrell Owens."

What a freakin’ turd crybaby. Just shut the hell up & play instead of showboating and grandstanding all the freakin’ time, and maybe you’ll get some respect.

I can't wait until Lewis gets another shot at Owens - even in a Pro Bowl game.

I saw the interview and don't think he was crying. Joey Porter pointed out the off-the-field problems first. Owens said he wasn't going to mention it, but since Porter already brought it up, he discussed the murder charges also. I think Owens is a jerk, but it does appear there's a double standard with the media and the lambs that listen. He's a fantastic WR and I wish he was on the Bengals.

ROFL ... whats the problem?

After game Ray calls TO a coward. Now that TO says something back he is digging his own grave? You have to be fscking kidding me!!

Case in point: Has TO made up any lies in the things he has said?

TO asked a simple question and I think the responses here are perfect examples of sensationalistic media and homer blinders.

Go Eagles

JAA

Last edited by a moderator:
LINK

PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia wide receiver Terrell Owens said Wednesday he received several "hate" e-mails through his Web site from players asking how he can embarrass Ray Lewis by imitating Lewis' dance after Owens scored a touchdown in the Eagles' 15-10 victory against Baltimore on Sunday.

"It's discouraging at times that I get labeled and put in that same mold and that I'm the worst guy that ever put on a uniform," Owens said. "It's funny. I listen to all the comments and it baffles me.

"You have a guy like Ray Lewis, who I thought he was pretty much my friend. This is a guy, double murder case, and he could have been in jail, but it seems like the league embraces a guy like that. But I'm going out scoring touchdowns and having fun, but I'm the bad guy."

Owens has feuded with Lewis, Baltimore's All-Pro linebacker, since he spurned the Ravens and forced a trade to the Eagles in March. After Owens mocked Lewis by imitating his dance, Lewis, several Ravens players and other players around the league heavily criticized Owens for his latest self-expression.

"All I can really narrow it down to is that they don't like me," Owens said. "Like (Pittsburgh linebacker) Joey Porter said, Lewis comes back and the league embraces him. He makes tackles and he gets up and does his thing.

"For whatever reason, they just don't like me. I think just the fact that I have a lot of confidence for what I can do on the field, and I still go out there and I do it and I still have fun with it, so I don't know why they have a problem with me."

Lewis declined comment. In a statement, the Ravens said, "Like the rest of the NFL community, we would expect nothing less from Terrell Owens."

What a freakin’ turd crybaby. Just shut the hell up & play instead of showboating and grandstanding all the freakin’ time, and maybe you’ll get some respect.

Sounds like maybe you don't have him on your fantasy team? Lighten up, man. Owens may be annoying, but he gets it. It's about fun and entertainment, and he does have a point about the league embracing Ray Lewis after his run in with the law but frowning on him because of a few celebrations. Owens has not had "off the field" problems like many others have, including Lewis. I thought it was great (the imitation of Lewis' dance). That dance is so frieking stupid anyway, that it was good for Lewis to see just how stupid that looked.

I agree with TO... everyone makes him out to be the bad guy, all he does is produce on the field. when he goes home he doesnt get involved in murder cases, or drug problems, you never hear a thing about him involved in anything like that. I think he sorta put it in perspective, I dont think it was smart to bring up Ray Lewis haha but still his point was pretty valid.

who would you rather have considering all other things equal...A player who is involved in a murder case trialorA player who talks too much and stirs it up with his dances and trash talk within the NFL

I don't like Owens, but I don't see that much wrong with the latest. He has a point...so does the great Joey Porter. :D It was Porter that went to the Ravens' bus to call out Lewis, remember. :boxing: I don't believe Ray obliged. Didn't Porter go to Colorado State? :confused:

I agree with TO... everyone makes him out to be the bad guy, all he does is produce on the field. when he goes home he doesnt get involved in murder cases, or drug problems, you never hear a thing about him involved in anything like that. I think he sorta put it in perspective, I dont think it was smart to bring up Ray Lewis haha but still his point was pretty valid.
:goodposting:

I don't like Owens, but I don't see that much wrong with the latest. He has a point...so does the great Joey Porter. :D It was Porter that went to the Ravens' bus to call out Lewis, remember. :boxing: I don't believe Ray obliged. Didn't Porter go to Colorado State? :confused:
West Virginia

who would you rather have considering all other things equal...A player who is involved in a murder case trialorA player who talks too much and stirs it up with his dances and trash talk within the NFL
:goodposting: TO only talks trash. And states the truth. Singing your name on a football after a TD isn't the same as being present while one of your boys murders people. Everyone hates on TO cause he's good and advertises it. Ray Lewis acts like an animal and people love him for it. What's up with that???

I do not like TO's behavior not because he's vocal and grabs attention, but because he does it almost exclusively at the expense of someone else at a personal level. He criticizes Jeff Garcia's arm (I'm fine with that)...and then hints that he's a homosexual. He criticizes Ray Lewis's play (I'm fine with that too)....then mentions that he could have been a double murderer. I think Owens is a heck of a player and if I you told me I had the ball on the 50 and HAD to throw an 8 yard slant, he's the guy I'd want catching it with a chance to take it to the house. His talents are undeniable and I don't mind that he's brash/arrogant. I just wish he'd do more "I love TO"ing then "PLayer X is gay/a murderer/etc."COlin

I agree with everything T.O. said. Plus, in regards to the Ray Lewis thing, didn't Lewis basically call T.O. out before the season because he felt that T.O. snubbed Baltimore? It seems to me that Lewis started this mess between them, and T.O. ended it on the field.

Well, I'm seriously amazed. Owens is whining & crying about being "discouraged at times that I get labeled and put in the same mold", yet he is the guy who does everything humanly possible to draw attention to himself with classless stunts that go far beyond entertainment and well into self-aggrandizement and stupidity. Owens is one of those guys who could care less about the team, as long as he gets his shining moments in the spotlight - and he is one of those athletes that younger kids emulate much to the detriment of sportsmanship and the spirit of athletics.Owens made his own bed, and when he gets called on it he repeatedly runs crying to the media about how he is being persecuted. Then his behavior gets defended here by hard core football fans. Amazing.There is no question that the guy is superbly talented, but that doesn't excuse his behavior on the field. And if his mouth lines him up in Lewis' crosshairs, I say "Go get him Ray Ray" even though I am no fan of Lewis by any stretch of the imagination.And the fact that I don't have Owens on a FF team has absolutely no bearing on my opinion in this. Sheesh - FF ain't everything, folks. Get a clue. :rolleyes:

I do not like TO's behavior not because he's vocal and grabs attention, but because he does it almost exclusively at the expense of someone else at a personal level. He criticizes Jeff Garcia's arm (I'm fine with that)...and then hints that he's a homosexual. He criticizes Ray Lewis's play (I'm fine with that too)....then mentions that he could have been a double murderer. I think Owens is a heck of a player and if I you told me I had the ball on the 50 and HAD to throw an 8 yard slant, he's the guy I'd want catching it with a chance to take it to the house. His talents are undeniable and I don't mind that he's brash/arrogant. I just wish he'd do more "I love TO"ing then "PLayer X is gay/a murderer/etc."COlin
Right on the money!! :thumbup: :thumbup: Keep it at a professional level and I have no problem with it. It's his inability to do that irritates me. That inability is just a sign of big time immaturity...IMO :thumbdown:

West Virginia
Um, no.,Joey Porter #55Position: OLBYears Pro: 6Draft Date: 1999Draft Team: Pittsburgh SteelersBorn: 03/22/1977Hometown: Kansas City, MOCollege: Colorado State

I don't like Owens, but I don't see that much wrong with the latest.  He has a point...so does the great Joey Porter.  :D

It was Porter that went to the Ravens' bus to call out Lewis, remember.  :boxing:   I don't believe Ray obliged. 

Didn't Porter go to Colorado State?  :confused:
West Virginia
Um, no.,Joey Porter #55

Position: OLB

Years Pro: 6

Draft Date: 1999

Draft Team: Pittsburgh Steelers

Born: 03/22/1977

Hometown: Kansas City, MO

College: Colorado State
Nice find. :whistle:

It was Porter that went to the Ravens' bus to call out Lewis, remember. :boxing: I don't believe Ray obliged.
:link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=1611734Sept 8, 2003
It isn't as if the Steelers-Ravens rivalry needs any more stoking, but a couple of standout linebackers from the two franchises poured even more gas on the fire Sunday in a contretemps that began an hour before the season opener and even flowed into the parking lot following the game.Sources confirmed that Ravens middle linebacker Ray Lewis, who had already boarded the team bus following a 34-15 defeat, tried to get back down the steps of the vehicle and continue a confrontation with Steelers linebacker Joey Porter.A Pittsburgh policeman and a Baltimore club official stepped between the two men and shepherded Lewis back up the bus steps as the two star defenders exchanged barbs. The incident was confirmed by two Ravens players and by a local police authority, who downplayed its significance.The event, which figures to carry over to when the teams meet again on Dec. 28 in the season finale at Baltimore, was an extension of a verbal battle between the two men that began during pregame warmups.Porter was unhappy that Lewis imitated The Boot, sort of a kicking motion that the Steelers star often makes after a big play. Porter suggested that Lewis was "disrespecting" him by simulating his trademark move. For his part, Lewis contended that, in the warmups, he was only yelling encouragement to Porter, trying to tell him he was praying for him.Lewis then again imitated The Boot, this time during the game, after stopping Pittsburgh tailback Amos Zereoue for no gain.Wherever the truth lies, Porter, sidelined by a gunshot wound suffered last week, clearly took umbrage with Lewis' actions."I thought he kind of disrespected me," Porter told The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "He came out here, he's doing The Boot, and telling me this is his house. I think that's negative. You don't come and disrespect a man who's hurt. Why are you worried about me? I'm not even playing. Why are you imitating me?"The Ravens star denied that he intended any disrespect toward Porter. But he added: "Why would I argue with Joey Porter? He's done nothing in this league."

It was Porter that went to the Ravens' bus to call out Lewis, remember.  :boxing:   I don't believe Ray obliged.
I don't have a link, but Porter has been after Lewis for some time. I remember seeing it on the field, before a game.Someone here might have something for you, but trust me, Porter has no fear of Lewis. He has made it known on numerous occasions.

I think Ray Lewis is a dink in all of this. He is the first person to get up after a play and start flapping his lips. Also, that idiotic dance he does when coming out of the runway before a game is laughable. So what does TO do, he imitates it it. Big deal. Maybe if Lewis was a bit more of a humble person himself I could see his side but he as big of an ### as their is in the game.

Watching TO handle himself this year, I think he's:A) Hardly a master of public decorumB) Supremely self motivatingC) Able to deflect attention/criticism from the rest of the teamD) Truthful, to a faultI don't think the comments re: Ray Lewis were necessary by any means, but I agree with others who have mentioned that he really didn't say anything that isn't 100% true. We look the other way when players beat their wives (oh, they are doing anger management classes...they're "all better"); or when someone like Leonard Little gets a DUI after swearing he would never drink again because he actually killed someone in a drunk driving accident a few years ago; but somehow players like TO and Chad Johnson are labeled as malcontents and indicative of "everything that's wrong with the game today."It's just crazy. I would MUCH rather have my team's best player be a loudmouth on the field (who backs it up I might add) and a model citizen off the field than someone who is morally bankrupt but because he dominates on Sunday, he's painted as a great man.

It isn't as if the Steelers-Ravens rivalry needs any more stoking, but a couple of standout linebackers from the two franchises poured even more gas on the fire Sunday in a contretemps that began an hour before the season opener and even flowed into the parking lot following the game.Sources confirmed that Ravens middle linebacker Ray Lewis, who had already boarded the team bus following a 34-15 defeat, tried to get back down the steps of the vehicle and continue a confrontation with Steelers linebacker Joey Porter.A Pittsburgh policeman and a Baltimore club official stepped between the two men and shepherded Lewis back up the bus steps as the two star defenders exchanged barbs. The incident was confirmed by two Ravens players and by a local police authority, who downplayed its significance.The event, which figures to carry over to when the teams meet again on Dec. 28 in the season finale at Baltimore, was an extension of a verbal battle between the two men that began during pregame warmups.Porter was unhappy that Lewis imitated The Boot, sort of a kicking motion that the Steelers star often makes after a big play. Porter suggested that Lewis was "disrespecting" him by simulating his trademark move. For his part, Lewis contended that, in the warmups, he was only yelling encouragement to Porter, trying to tell him he was praying for him.Lewis then again imitated The Boot, this time during the game, after stopping Pittsburgh tailback Amos Zereoue for no gain.Wherever the truth lies, Porter, sidelined by a gunshot wound suffered last week, clearly took umbrage with Lewis' actions."I thought he kind of disrespected me," Porter told The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "He came out here, he's doing The Boot, and telling me this is his house. I think that's negative. You don't come and disrespect a man who's hurt. Why are you worried about me? I'm not even playing. Why are you imitating me?"The Ravens star denied that he intended any disrespect toward Porter. But he added: "Why would I argue with Joey Porter? He's done nothing in this league."
Man, that ACP is good. :thumbup:

Well, I'm seriously amazed. Owens is whining & crying about being "discouraged at times that I get labeled and put in the same mold", yet he is the guy who does everything humanly possible to draw attention to himself with classless stunts that go far beyond entertainment and well into self-aggrandizement and stupidity. Owens is one of those guys who could care less about the team, as long as he gets his shining moments in the spotlight - and he is one of those athletes that younger kids emulate much to the detriment of sportsmanship and the spirit of athletics.Owens made his own bed, and when he gets called on it he repeatedly runs crying to the media about how he is being persecuted. Then his behavior gets defended here by hard core football fans. Amazing.\
:potkettle: First of all, Ray-Ray started it. Ray-Ray called TO a coward after the game. What would you like TO to do? TO gets criticised ALL THE TIME for his on the field antics. TO gets criticised more than people who break the law off the field. THIS IS A COMPLETE JOKE! You want to not like TO on the field, go right ahead, but to compare him with someone like Ray-Ray, Pittman, McMicheal, Lewis, Sean Taylor, Steve McNair, Jeff Garcia, Chris McCallister, Randy Moss, etc, etc, :penalty: So you know, Eagles fans love the fact TO is taking all the media. The media now is not concentrated on McNabb, 3 NFCCG losses, Westy injury, but instead on TO. I would not be surprised to hear AR is very happy with that.Regarding TOs book, he wrote his life story. He told his side and the media brings these points up. And you say "What do you expect when you write it?". EXACTLY!! TO wrote it, and he wrote it because it is his story, his side, his life.GB TO and the way he brings it ON and OFF the field.JAA :popcorn:

It was Porter that went to the Ravens' bus to call out Lewis, remember. :boxing: I don't believe Ray obliged.
WTF is "the boot"? Must be some fantastic move if it is trademarked! :rotflmao:

Owens is one of those guys who could care less about the team, as long as he gets his shining moments in the spotlight - and he is one of those athletes that younger kids emulate much to the detriment of sportsmanship and the spirit of athletics
Would you rather younger kids emulate double-murdering or drug trafficing behaviour?I don't think there's any question T.O. is mis-cast as a "Bad Guy" when he's really done nothing wrong. No drug or alcohol problems, no domestic abuse and no off-field violence. We're talking about pom-poms and dancing here!!I think he's a good team mate too....he's just so competitive that it comes off like he's too self-centered. More than anything, TO wants to win. Can you blame him for that??Finally, the "I hope Ray-Ray get's him" is bull. It shouldn't scare T.O. at all, and it will never materialize into anything. (Ravens and Eagles won't play for another four years!). And I'm amazed that people think Lewis "Owes" T.O. for something. Geez, in hockey guys punch / elbow / stick other players....now that deserves some payback!! Beaking off to the media about this or about that...big freek'in deal.Oh, and to sorta paraphrase T.O: "If you don't like people talking about your double murder case, don't get involved with double-murder!"

I think Ray Lewis is a dink in all of this. He is the first person to get up after a play and start flapping his lips. Also, that idiotic dance he does when coming out of the runway before a game is laughable. So what does TO do, he imitates it it. Big deal. Maybe if Lewis was a bit more of a humble person himself I could see his side but he as big of an ### as their is in the game.
What's more, is that it's clear Ray Lewis thought it was quite acceptable to mimic Joey Porter's celebration (IN Pitt). But, it's not okay to mimic Ray's.You do it, so can they.

What's more, is that it's clear Ray Lewis thought it was quite acceptable to mimic Joey Porter's celebration (IN Pitt). But, it's not okay to mimic Ray's.

You do it, so can they.
Yep :cry:

What's more, is that it's clear Ray Lewis thought it was quite acceptable to mimic Joey Porter's celebration (IN Pitt). But, it's not okay to mimic Ray's.

You do it, so can they.
Yep :cry:
Oh, please. :rolleyes: The one who's crying about TO is Ray Lewis. I could give a #### about the sidestage, kook. I was pointing out the hypocrisy, is all.

If anything, Ray-Ray is the one coming out of this looking bad. Ray-Ray imitates Porter likes is all aweinspiring. TO then imitates Ray-Ray and TO is now a coward. Compeltely laughable.The problem is Ray-Ray has worked so hard to 'improve' his image and the media wants to focus on the 'ghetto boy' turned 'choir boy'. You can only hide someones idocy for so long before it starts popping out. :popcorn:

I always find myself torn when it comes to Terrell. Geez, he is one heck of a WR. He could not say one word off the field, not have one endzone celebration, and my estimation of his abilities would not change one iota. I think his celebrations are very imaginative. However, I was a Phillie fan in the days of Vermeil, Montgomery, Jaworski, Carmichael, Brown, White, etc... I admired them for their workman like attitudes. These guys were the epitomy of what Philly is all about. Slowly, but surely, they are losing that persona. Don't believe me, ask the fans of Philly that live in Philly, not just the ones that frequent this board.Not only am I concerned over the shift in the personality of the Eagles (not arguing whether it is good or bad), I can't help but wonder, what will be TO's legacy? When we get to the day that TO is up for Hall of Fame induction do we still look back at the issues we bring up seemingly each week with Terrell?TO is fast becoming the NFL's equivalent of the NBA's Kobe Bryant. An absolutely amazing, once in a lifetime talent who the other players in the league have no respect for off the field.

I don't like Owens, but I don't see that much wrong with the latest.  He has a point...so does the great Joey Porter.  :D It was Porter that went to the Ravens' bus to call out Lewis, remember.  :boxing:   I don't believe Ray obliged.  Didn't Porter go to Colorado State?  :confused:
West Virginia
Um, no.,Joey Porter #55Position: OLBYears Pro: 6Draft Date: 1999Draft Team: Pittsburgh SteelersBorn: 03/22/1977Hometown: Kansas City, MOCollege: Colorado State
My bad, I read it as JERRY Porter

T.O. practices, shows up for the game and plays as hard as he can to win. When he scores he celebrates and I think some of them are histerical. He is great for the NFL, as he is entertaining. Sure he gets unhappy when his team loses, but shouldn't he? Wouldn't you like to see some of the Dolphins players get a little upset after lsoing instead of accepting it.I would

I always find myself torn when it comes to Terrell. Geez, he is one heck of a WR. He could not say one word off the field, not have one endzone celebration, and my estimation of his abilities would not change one iota. I think his celebrations are very imaginative. However, I was a Phillie fan in the days of Vermeil, Montgomery, Jaworski, Carmichael, Brown, White, etc... I admired them for their workman like attitudes. These guys were the epitomy of what Philly is all about. Slowly, but surely, they are losing that persona. Don't believe me, ask the fans of Philly that live in Philly, not just the ones that frequent this board.Not only am I concerned over the shift in the personality of the Eagles (not arguing whether it is good or bad), I can't help but wonder, what will be TO's legacy? When we get to the day that TO is up for Hall of Fame induction do we still look back at the issues we bring up seemingly each week with Terrell?TO is fast becoming the NFL's equivalent of the NBA's Kobe Bryant. An absolutely amazing, once in a lifetime talent who the other players in the league have no respect for off the field.
No offense Canuckleheads but you and I are seeing a REALLY different side of this coin. I'm a lifelong Eagles fan, as as a good portion of my closest friends. There are few teams in the NFL that conduct themselves in a more workmanlike manner than the Eagles do sans Owens. Name me one showboat/loudmouth/trouble maker on the team. I can't think of a person on this team that has had an iota of legal issues. Meanwhile, team figureheads like McNabb, Dawkins, Corey Simon and Troy Vincent :cry: (we miss ya TV!) are all prominently charitable members of the Philadelphia community.If anything it's been the fans who for years have implored Andy Reid and Joe Banner to go out and get talent even if it doesn't fit into the Philly "mold." And this year, for the first time, the Eagles management listened and brought in TO. Winning solves a lot of things and I don't know of one instance where I've heard an Eagles fan bemoan Owens presence.

So will Ray come out for his pregame dance this week with pompoms? Doin the sharpie? :eek:
now that would be awesome, and i would think it was awesome even as a huge philly fan and obviously a huge TO fan!

I always find myself torn when it comes to Terrell.  Geez, he is one heck of a WR.  He could not say one word off the field, not have one endzone celebration, and my estimation of his abilities would not change one iota.  I think his celebrations are very imaginative.  However, I was a Phillie fan in the days of Vermeil, Montgomery, Jaworski, Carmichael, Brown, White, etc... I admired them for their workman like attitudes.  These guys were the epitomy of what Philly is all about.  Slowly, but surely, they are losing that persona.  Don't believe me, ask the fans of Philly that live in Philly, not just the ones that frequent this board.Not only am I concerned over the shift in the personality of the Eagles (not arguing whether it is good or bad), I can't help but wonder, what will be TO's legacy?  When we get to the day that TO is up for Hall of Fame induction do we still look back at the issues we bring up seemingly each week with Terrell?TO is fast becoming the NFL's equivalent of the NBA's Kobe Bryant.  An absolutely amazing, once in a lifetime talent who the other players in the league have no respect for off the field.
No offense Canuckleheads but you and I are seeing a REALLY different side of this coin. I'm a lifelong Eagles fan, as as a good portion of my closest friends. There are few teams in the NFL that conduct themselves in a more workmanlike manner than the Eagles do sans Owens. Name me one showboat/loudmouth/trouble maker on the team. I can't think of a person on this team that has had an iota of legal issues. Meanwhile, team figureheads like McNabb, Dawkins, Corey Simon and Troy Vincent :cry: (we miss ya TV!) are all prominently charitable members of the Philadelphia community.If anything it's been the fans who for years have implored Andy Reid and Joe Banner to go out and get talent even if it doesn't fit into the Philly "mold." And this year, for the first time, the Eagles management listened and brought in TO. Winning solves a lot of things and I don't know of one instance where I've heard an Eagles fan bemoan Owens presence.
Absolutely no offense taken dude. You don't realize how good it is to talk "football" somewhere and not just fantasy football.To answer your question..NO ONE. The Eagles ARE a top tier team in all areas, morally and otherwise. Man, I've loved the Eagles for years (not just the Eagles though)...I've lost money the last 4 years on the Eagles. So some of your points you're preaching to the choir.But even the staunchest Eagles supporter can't deny the fact that this team is "different", a lot better but different. Each week its another drama around TO. I blame the media for a lot of that, a whole lot of that. But, still my point is that the things TO does, whether you like them or not, is not what we have come to expect from our Eagles. We look for them to put on their hard hats, beat the crap outta their opponents, take off their hard hats and go back to work next week.And our circles are probably different and of a different age group when it comes to Philly fans. I'm getting a totally different read from yours.Edited to add:The most recent article on the blogger illustrates my point perfectly. Another article highlighting TO and in the very last line of the very last paragraph we get this:" and the Eagles are 7-0 for the first time in franchise history. "

The fact that he doesn't get into trouble off the field doesn't excuse the stupidity that comes out of his mouth daily. I'm not pointing at his last statements, because Lewis did call him a coward. That doesn't change the fact the guy doesn't appear to be very intelligent, because he's always putting his foot into his mouth.

LINK

You are a tool. :rant: Listen, TO was quite amusing with that dance.

Ray Lewis is the ##### in this exchange.

a) just the week prior he made a big deal about keeping his players away from Primetime so he could dance- I guess dancing is ok on his team

b) didn't Ray mimic Porter's dance and think that was ok?

I guess its all good as long as it is Ray or his teammates but otherwise its a cowardly act. :thumbdown:

TO is TO, we all know that. In this case he is right to challenge Ray-Ray, he just did it poorly.

I thought that there was no way TO could top his Sharpie celebration from a couple of years ago.He blew it away with the Lewis "dance". That was inspired.And, yes, he is on my keeper league team. It took me 3 years to get him in a trade.If TO annoys you, ignore him. He thrives on attention. And he has the game to back it up.

Here's the problem with this argument. Those on the TO side seem to see it black and white, that people who don't like TO therefore like the NFL thugs. Me personally, I think they are both detrimental to the game. Both Lewis and TO are prime examples of on-field dominance excusing less than admirable behavior. Whether the player is an accused murderer or a shameless self promoting braggart, they give the wrong type of role model for youngsters playing the game. Sportsmanship is sportsmanship, and in that matter, TO and Lewis are the same player. Lewis is a thug and should probably be in jail, he doesn't deserve to be a spokesman for the league, nor for any of the products he endorses. TO is a classless, mouthy fool who puts on a huge TO show and then cries that the media and the public make a big deal about his antics. Although he doesn't have any off-field legal issues, his one way feud against Garcia is just another example of his immaturity. And by saying that, I am in no way endorsing Ray LEwis as my example of a good NFL player. I like my football classy, but that doesn't mean I don't want any celebrations. There is a line, however, between class/good sportsmanship and self aggrandizing jackassery. And as far as football goes, there are fewer jackasses bigger than TO. It brings the level of class in the NFL down, but it doesn't mean that I think Ray Lewis is a great guy. Repeat, not liking TO and his ridiculous antics does not equate to an endorsement of Ray lEwis or any other of the thugs in the NFL.

:thumbup:

I was thinking this over. In the NFL, there is very little opportunity to show yourself as an individual. End zone celebrations are one place where there is still some self expression. And TO has taken this to the extreme.Except for the endzone celebrations (which are genearlly within the rules) and his personal fued with Garcia, has TO done anything that can be labelled wrong? Also, by drawing attention to himself with his celebrations, TO should expect some people to be critical of him. It comes with the limelight.

Watching TO handle himself this year, I think he's:A) Hardly a master of public decorumB) Supremely self motivatingC) Able to deflect attention/criticism from the rest of the teamD) Truthful, to a faultI don't think the comments re: Ray Lewis were necessary by any means, but I agree with others who have mentioned that he really didn't say anything that isn't 100% true. We look the other way when players beat their wives (oh, they are doing anger management classes...they're "all better"); or when someone like Leonard Little gets a DUI after swearing he would never drink again because he actually killed someone in a drunk driving accident a few years ago; but somehow players like TO and Chad Johnson are labeled as malcontents and indicative of "everything that's wrong with the game today."It's just crazy. I would MUCH rather have my team's best player be a loudmouth on the field (who backs it up I might add) and a model citizen off the field than someone who is morally bankrupt but because he dominates on Sunday, he's painted as a great man.
:goodposting: thats the best thing i've read in this whole threadand i am even gonna quote TO, who took it from shannon sharpe.. "if you dont like it, keep me out of the endzone" sure he can be childish and immature at times, but either way he brings character to the birds. i've loved the eagles my whole life and im glad TO is here. i may not approve of everything he says or does, but i sure as hell love having him on our team. he had more 100 yard games in his first 6 games as an eagle then anyone else has had over the past 5 years. he had more touchdown reception in his first 3 games then any other receiver on the eagles had last year. bottom line he is a great player, and i dont care what anyone says, he loves the eagles. im sure you'd push aside the little dances and such if he was haulin in TD's for your team.

It totally depends on what you mean by 'involved' in a murder case....if you mean it to be just a friend of those who were the murderers and you didn't tell police out of loyalty towards them....then I'd choose the former of your options.

great post.Also, let me add that TO celebrates or does his thing at the expense of his teamates...for example, TO will pre plan a dance..then when he scores, nobody will notice the great pass by the QB or the great blocking by the o-line on the play...they'll just notice TO because he takes all the attention. Ray Lewis is just as vocal on the sidelines when his team's offense is on the field. I truly believe Ray Lewis just does his celebrations out of joy and excitement. He doesn't plan out any dances or anything- its all just raw emotion.

Users who are viewing this thread