What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:MERGED: *** Official T.O. thread *** (1 Viewer)

I say it's about 80% he is a Cowboy. I am curious where everyone would rank TO and what kind of stats you would expect?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.klbk13.tv/sports/default....ownews&id=1461

Sources within the Dallas Cowboys have told the KLBK-13 Sports Department that the Cowboys have signed wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Terms of his contract have not been disclosed.

The Cowboys plan to announce the signing of Owens officially in a press conference on Monday.

Owens was ran out of Philadelphia after bad-mouthing the Eagles organization and quarterback Donovan McNabb last season. Owens is also remembered for taunting the Dallas Cowboys and its fans on the "Texas Stadium Star" while he was a member of the San Francisco 49ers a few years ago.

Owens enters his 11th season in the NFL, and will play on his third

team in four years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say it's about 80% he is a Cowboy. I am curious where everyone would rank TO and what kind of stats you would expect?
Probably WR 3-5. I see no reason why he couldn't duplicate his numbers of two years ago as long as he went to a team with a QB that can throw a decent deep ball.

If Dallas has two good Tackles on the field, TO will be a top 3 WR, possibly #1

100/1400/15

100/1400/15
ditto, was thinking about the same #'s. Maybe a few less catches and maybe 13 td's.

100/1400/15
ditto, was thinking about the same #'s. Maybe a few less catches and maybe 13 td's.
Sounds good. There's not much difference IMO between projecting 90/1300/13 and 100/1400/15. Let's just say he'll be in the upper echelon, above 80/1000/10 and below 150/2000/20. ;)

Hey Guys,

Nothing more than a "I have a buddy who knows" thing but he's telling me it's a done deal. We'll see.

J

Hey Guys,

Nothing more than a "I have a buddy who knows" thing but he's telling me it's a done deal. We'll see.

J
Hey Joes...I know you said it's just a rumor, but this friend of yours.....is he a Cowboys fan and wants this to happen? Is he usually right or wrong? Does he know anybody in League circles? In general, do you trust the accuracy of this buddy? :confused:

Hey Guys,

J
Hey Joes...I know you said it's just a rumor, but this friend of yours.....is he a Cowboys fan and wants this to happen? Is he usually right or wrong? Does he know anybody in League circles? In general, do you trust the accuracy of this buddy? :confused:
Hi jps,Yes, he's a guy I trust totally and he's usually right. And he's getting from a source that is deep within the organization. We'll see. But 100% pure rumor at this point.

J

Joe, despite my nonsense remark earlier, thanks seriously for the input. Especially considering the timing, right when your Vols are playing their first bracket game. It shows you're thinking about the gang here. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys,

J
Did Dodds get banned?
What do you mean BO?J
Thats a wolfie question.I was speculating that the friend you speak of was Dodds and that he must have got an IP Ban from Shick!.
:popcorn: Can you confirm or deny this rumor JB?
For sure doctor d. This isn't David I'm talking about and I'm pretty sure Shick! hasn't pulled an IP ban coup but you never know about him....J

Dallas Fan =  :X

Hoping for a false rumor... :cry:
If you are a Cowboys fan and :X about this you need to realize that TO improves our chances of winning and therefore you should be :excited: .
Depends on how long he could keep it together. I dont buy all the "he will relize this is his last shot, and is smart enough to act right" talk. I will :X if he gets signed and hope for the best. If you could give him a different attitude I would be :excited: , but dont think it could happen.

So it must be a conspiracy then. Keyshawn was signed to Dallas for 2 years with a possible extension. Knowing that, Drew Rosenhaus made TO talk smack about the Eagles last year in order to get ousted for most of the season in order to be picked up by Dallas this year after Keyshawn was cut. The plot thins. :excited:

Hey Guys,

J
Did Dodds get banned?
What do you mean BO?J
Thats a wolfie question.I was speculating that the friend you speak of was Dodds and that he must have got an IP Ban from Shick!.
:popcorn: Can you confirm or deny this rumor JB?
For sure doctor d. This isn't David I'm talking about and I'm pretty sure Shick! hasn't pulled an IP ban coup but you never know about him....J
Shick! and I are both Seahawks fans and I still never feel safe. I'd closely monitor my content and punctuation if I were you JB, you just never know. :2cents:

if true...i'll guess jones paid out $10 mil in GUARANTEED MONEY :eek:

for the record - great signing for dallas (i suspect most will disagree though)

Hey Guys,

J
:fishing: That was my first thought when I read that post........

Given the poster, however,........... :shock: :eek:

This is a great signing and worth the risk. He's one of the top 10 difference-makers in football and will make Dallas a SB contendor.

Hey Guys,

J
:fishing: That was my first thought when I read that post........

Given the poster, however,........... :shock: :eek:
Hi Ridge,No fishing there. It's not exactly big news as that's been the hot speculation. It's just something I heard and passed along. I don't do many of these but when I do, I pass them along.

We'll know soon enough I guess.

J

This is a great signing and worth the risk. He's one of the top 10 difference-makers in football and will make Dallas a SB contendor.
So if it is true, will TO then stand on the Dallas star and salute the crowd?

That would be pretty much a given, everyone will be talking about it as soon as he signs. It is so obvious that it will be lame when he actuall does it.

This isn't much of a stretch. I can't see T.O. going to any other team except Dallas. (1) Parcells is known as being able to handle difficult players. (2) Dallas can afford T.O. (3) Dallas is close to being an elite NFC team and they want to win now....they are not a rebuilding team. (4) T.O. would love to face the Eagles twice per year.

probably...and they'll all love it!TO's first statement at press conference, "how bout them cowboys?!"

Hey Guys,

J
Did he mention when the announcement would be made by chance?

Anyone else (well, almost anyone else) and I wouldn't have clicked the thread.

But, with Joe, the credility is near "ESPN reports..."

This almost exact posting has gone on another site. Is it possible he is a Dallas homer....who may also post on Cowboy sites.

Otherwise, I have a separate source saying the same thing.

Joe...Can you please PM me.

This almost exact posting has gone on another site. Is it possible he is a Dallas homer....who may also post on Cowboy sites.

Otherwise, I have a separate source saying the same thing.

Joe...Can you please PM me.
what site? cause i seen it on another site also. kinda claiming it is his report he got from inside the cowboys

After his first touchdown in Dallas, he needs to sprint to the middle of the field and put the ball down on the star hold up a sign that says, "Sorry I was such an ###." :thumbup:
Fixed.

After his first touchdown in Dallas, he needs to sprint to the middle of the field and put the ball down on the star :thumbup:
That will be a great day in my opinion. I was pissed that he did it but at the same time, I love the rivalry between the 49ers and Cowboys, Cowboys and Redskins, and Cowboys and Eagles. Stuff like that makes you love to hate people. That is what makes sports so fun. When he stands in the star and poses with the blue and silver on, I will be a happy person. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread