What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:MERGED: *** Official T.O. thread *** (1 Viewer)

How is this shocking? Rumors are this has been a done deal for many weeks pending if KC would sack up and make a trade. Obviously they didn't. TO probably signed yesterday and they are waiting to announce for some unknown reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I heard on ESPN the other day that Parcells was interested in TO, but they didn't want to break the bank on him. I thought they said to TO that if he can get a bigger contract elsewhere, to go for it. But if he can't, and he'd like to play in Dallas, to come talk to them...

How is this shocking?  Rumors are this has been a done deal for many weeks pending if KC would sack up and make a trade.  Obviously they didn't.  TO probably signed yesterday and they are waiting to announce for some unknown reason.
Hi culdeas, I don't think anyone thinks it's shocking. Most expect it. I'm just saying I'm hearing it's a signed done deal. Nothing more.

J

Terrell Owens To Sign With Cowboys

3/16/2006

Sources within the Dallas Cowboys have told the KLBK-13 Sports Department that the Cowboys have signed wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Terms of his contract have not been disclosed.

The Cowboys plan to announce the signing of Owens officially in a press conference on Monday.

Owens was ran out of Philadelphia after bad-mouthing the Eagles organization and quarterback Donovan McNabb last season. Owens is also remembered for taunting the Dallas Cowboys and its fans on the "Texas Stadium Star" while he was a member of the San Francisco 49ers a few years ago.

http://www.klbk.com

The best stats a WR has put up on a Bill Parcells coached team are:

Code:
| Name                 |  G |  RSH  YARD   AVG  TD  |  REC  YARD   AVG  TD |+----------------------+----+-----------------------+----------------------+| Keyshawn Johnson'98  | 16 |    2    60  30.0   1  |   83  1131  13.6  10 || Keyshawn Johnson'99  | 16 |    5     6   1.2   0  |   89  1170  13.1   8 || Terry Glenn'05       | 16 |    2    -4  -2.0   1  |   62  1136  18.3   7 || Terry Glenn'96       | 15 |    5    42   8.4   0  |   90  1132  12.6   6 |
:popcorn:

as long as Drew Bledsuck is the QB, i wouldn't plan on any Dullass WR being a top 3 or top 5 player at his position...

If Glenn can put up 1100 yards and 7 TDs, I gotta think TO's good for 1300-1400 yards and double digit TDs.
That's certainly one way to look at it. The other argument, though, would be that Parcells likes to run first, and while it's reasonable to expect Owens to exceed the numbers I posted, we'll more easily over-estimate his numbers under Parcells than underestimate them. Also, Parcells has never had a tandem of receivers as good as Glenn and TO, so Glenn may get some balls that might otherwise go to TO. My projections: 85/1275/11.

But, also I see Glenn's numbers going up with a legit threat on the other side. Glenn should be in the 60/1000+/8 range

Joe...you were right.

Props!!!!!
:thumbup: Gotta love one of the site's founders breaking some big news. Thanks for the heads up Joe and hold onto that source. Sounds like he definitely knows what he's talking about.

He'll probably have 300 yds and 5 tds against the Eagles alone...if those games are on prime time it may be double that :banned:

If Glenn can put up 1100 yards and 7 TDs, I gotta think TO's good for 1300-1400 yards and double digit TDs.
That's certainly one way to look at it. The other argument, though, would be that Parcells likes to run first, and while it's reasonable to expect Owens to exceed the numbers I posted, we'll more easily over-estimate his numbers under Parcells than underestimate them. Also, Parcells has never had a tandem of receivers as good as Glenn and TO, so Glenn may get some balls that might otherwise go to TO. My projections: 85/1275/11.
True. And Bledsoe's never been a huge TD guy. I can't see him throwing for more than 25 at this point of his career. Figure 6 go to Witten, 3 go to the third receiver and the RBs, 6 go to Glenn, and you've got 10 left over for TO. Simplifying of course, but you get the point.

The guy who really benefits from this is Witten. He frequently drew double coverage last year when he wasnt kept in blocking. Safeties will be worried about TO and Glenn, so Witten has the potential to go nuts next year.

Just thinking about it, I'd guess Glenn might also benefit. Assuming he stays healthy (huge assumption), he'll also be facing single coverage most of the time. Based on last year, he certainly still has the ability to beat single coverage.

So what this means is that you are likely to see 3 very strong receiving numbers. TO, Glenn, and Witten all getting 65-80 catches would be my guess.

Of course, JJ should also see a few less 8 man fronts.........

The best stats a WR has put up on a Bill Parcells coached team are:

| Name | G | RSH YARD AVG TD | REC YARD AVG TD |+----------------------+----+-----------------------+----------------------+| Keyshawn Johnson'98 | 16 | 2 60 30.0 1 | 83 1131 13.6 10 || Keyshawn Johnson'99 | 16 | 5 6 1.2 0 | 89 1170 13.1 8 || Terry Glenn'05 | 16 | 2 -4 -2.0 1 | 62 1136 18.3 7 || Terry Glenn'96 | 15 | 5 42 8.4 0 | 90 1132 12.6 6 | :popcorn:
Interesting.I wonder what the best years from a Andy Reid coached WR were before TO. ;)

That's certainly one way to look at it. The other argument, though, would be that Parcells likes to run first, and while it's reasonable to expect Owens to exceed the numbers I posted, we'll more easily over-estimate his numbers under Parcells than underestimate them. Also, Parcells has never had a tandem of receivers as good as Glenn and TO, so Glenn may get some balls that might otherwise go to TO.

My projections: 85/1275/11.
Will you please look a few things up for me if you have the time?1. Which quarterback holds the record for passing attempts in a single game? Who was coaching him at the time? (this player also broke the record for single game completions during that game)

2. Which quarterback is first and third in the record books for most passing attempts in a season? Who coached him for those seasons?

The answers might surprise you.

I must add that several Cowboys homers feel this is a hoax. Will be nice to see a big source confirm this.

The grammar for a reporter is shaky.

But, also I see Glenn's numbers going up with a legit threat on the other side. Glenn should be in the 60/1000+/8 range
except for TDs, those projections have Glenn's numbers going down next season...

as long as Drew Bledsuck is the QB, i wouldn't plan on any Dullass WR being a top 3 or top 5 player at his position...
I agreeI see him being 8 to 12. I just do not think he will get enough TDs to be top 5. Plus dallas will run the ball alot

REPORT OF T.O. SIGNING IS "BOGUS"

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Reports originating from a Lubbock, Texas television station that receiver Terrell Owens has signed with the Cowboys are "bogus," a league source with knowledge of the situation tells us.

KLBK 13 says that sources with the Cowboys have told the station that Owens already has been signed, and that the move will be announced on Monday.

On one hand, we could envision the Cowboys intentionally leaking misinformation in order to scare off other potential suitors while owner Jerry Jones wraps up a vacation. On the other hand, why in the hell would the leak be made to a television station in Lubbock?

Bottom line -- there's no deal, and the reports are erroneous.

What's the over/under on how many games it takes him to badmouth: Bledsoe, Parcells, Jerry Jones, Glenn, Julius Jones, the o-line, Dallas fans, the NFL, America, the world, the solar system and the universe.

About 10, I would guess.

imagine joe wearing a FBG t-shirt w/ "I heart TO" on the back.
:lmao: I've loved TO since he played his college ball in Chattanooga not far from me. I do need one of those shirts... ;) To add - if this turns out to be true, I doubt we have an announcement before Monday. I seriously doubt Rosenhaus feels like sharing the spotlight with the NCAA boys this weekend.

We'll see soon enough.

J

The plot thickens.

Scout.com Link

A report out of a CBS affliate in Lubbock, Tex. indicated Thursday that the Dallas Cowboys have signed unrestricted free agent wide receiver Terrell Owens.

TheRanchReport.com has now confirmed that report is false.

According to two sources close to Owens, he has not yet signed a contract of any kind with the Dallas Cowboys.

That does not mean he will not sign with Dallas at a future date. However, at this time, TheRanchReport.com has confirmed the report is indeed false.

Owens has been rumored to land in Dallas for weeks, however after his release from the Eagles on Wednesday, that speculation has only increased. The Cowboys then added fuel to the fire when they released wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson the same day.

However, as of Thursday evening, Terrell Owens has not yet signed a contract with the Dallas Cowboys.

Really, if you read the refutations, they only say he's not signed. They don't say no negotiations are going on.

4 games until he complains about Bledsoe during the game. 8 games until he complains about him publicly.

PFT is saying the rumor is bogus.

POSTED 10:08 p.m. EST, March 16, 2006

Reports originating from a Lubbock, Texas television station that receiver Terrell Owens has signed with the Cowboys are "bogus," a league source with knowledge of the situation tells us.

KLBK 13 says that sources with the Cowboys have told the station that Owens already has been signed, and that the move will be announced on Monday.

On one hand, we could envision the Cowboys intentionally leaking misinformation in order to scare off other potential suitors while owner Jerry Jones wraps up a vacation. On the other hand, why in the hell would the leak be made to a television station in Lubbock?

PFT is saying the rumor is bogus.

POSTED 10:08 p.m. EST, March 16, 2006

Honda down?

Users who are viewing this thread