What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alright, it's official Manning is greedy (1 Viewer)

Eradicator

Footballguy
3rd & goal at the 1 and you can't give it to your workhorse back who hasn't scored in 5 weeks & show him a little tip of the cap? C'mon, this is a game that's out of hand in the 1st half. I love his play, but geeeazz.

3rd & goal at the 1 and you can't give it to your workhorse back who hasn't scored in 5 weeks & show him a little tip of the cap? C'mon, this is a game that's out of hand in the 1st half. I love his play, but geeeazz.
:thumbup:

Do any old-timers on the board remember what the TD record was that Marino broke? Do you remember Marino making it obvious he was trying to break the record, or did Marino just acrue all those TD's in the normal course of play?

Do any old-timers on the board remember what the TD record was that Marino broke? Do you remember Marino making it obvious he was trying to break the record, or did Marino just acrue all those TD's in the normal course of play?
Marino's backflied was non exsistent

Marino's backflied was non exsistent
:goodposting:

Second week in a row they've let James do the work to get down to the 1, then went play-action.Sour grapes of James owners aside, did you notice how the Bears didn't bite on the play-action at all? Looks like teams are starting to figure a few things out.

Just looked it up on pro-football-reference.com.The 1984 Dolphins were led in rushing by:Woody Bennett -- 144 carries, 606 yds, 7 TDTony Nathan -- 118 carries, 558 yds, 1 TDJoe Carter -- 100 carries, 495 yds, 1 TDPete Johnson -- 68 carries, 159 yds, 9 TDThat's 430 carries, 1,818 yds and 18 RUSHING Touchdowns.Last year's Dolphin team with Ricky Wiliams had 1,817 yds rushing and 14 rushing TD's, as a team.

All of you "Manning is greedy" nut jobs need to take a one year break from Fantasy football, and actually pay attention to the football aspect of football.

Running backs take a beating in the NFL. They get hit multiple times, every carry. History has shown us VERY CLEARLY that running backs have a much shorter career trajectory than QB or WR. So maybe, just maybe, the Colts are saving James, who they know they need fresh to win a Super Bowl.

For years, people have bi***ed and moaned that Manning laser locked on Harrison. Now that they've developed other weapons, people are bi**&ing and moaning that he's NOT laser locked on Harrison.

Is Preist Holmes "greedy" because he scored all of those TD's the last three years? Faulk from the late 1990's? Emmitt and/or Favre from the mid 1990's? Of COURSE not. The entire purpose of football is to score touchdowns, period. If you have a QB who can throw for 60, throw him for 60. If you have a RB who can score 25-30, run his ####. I see a lot of people who's entire perspective of football has been completely warped by fantasy. :football:

Good for you manning. You piece of crap. INT on 1st and goal from the 8. Edge does all the work and you take all the glory.

All of you "Manning is greedy" nut jobs need to take a one year break from Fantasy football, and actually pay attention to the football aspect of football.

Running backs take a beating in the NFL. They get hit multiple times, every carry. History has shown us VERY CLEARLY that running backs have a much shorter career trajectory than QB or WR. So maybe, just maybe, the Colts are saving James, who they know they need fresh to win a Super Bowl.

For years, people have bi***ed and moaned that Manning laser locked on Harrison. Now that they've developed other weapons, people are bi**&ing and moaning that he's NOT laser locked on Harrison.

Is Preist Holmes "greedy" because he scored all of those TD's the last three years? Faulk from the late 1990's? Emmitt and/or Favre from the mid 1990's? Of COURSE not. The entire purpose of football is to score touchdowns, period. If you have a QB who can throw for 60, throw him for 60. If you have a RB who can score 25-30, run his ####. I see a lot of people who's entire perspective of football has been completely warped by fantasy. :football:
The difference here is that Manning audibles to himself at the goal line.Disappointing.

First and goal. Manning audibles out of (presumably) a run play and into a pass. He throws into double coverage and is picked off.I'm just sayin'...

The difference here is that Manning audibles to himself at the goal line.Disappointing.
I thought they gave him 3 plays and he picked one as to what the defense was showing. Through this week:

Edge 17 rushes from the 5 yardline and in resulting in 3 td's

Manning 17 passing attempts from the 5 yardline and in resulting in 11 td's.

As a coach which of these options would you rather use?

Do any old-timers on the board remember what the TD record was that Marino broke?
It was a surprisingly old record -- George Blanda threw 36 TDs for the Houston Oilers in 1961. Y.A. Tittle did the same for the Giants in 1963.

If the pass always works, then why would they ever go away from it? He'd be considered greedy if passing the red zone wasn't working well and he kept doing it. But theres no reason to go away from whats working.

If the pass always works, then why would they ever go away from it?
It didn't work today. The Bears knew it was coming all the way and broke it up easily.Play action doesn't work if the defense doesn't believe you'll actually run the ball.

And it works! They score a ton of points. Theres nothing wrong with audibling to yourself if you continue to produce!

Is Preist Holmes "greedy" because he scored all of those TD's the last three years? Faulk from the late 1990's? Emmitt and/or Favre from the mid 1990's? Of COURSE not. The entire purpose of football is to score touchdowns, period. If you have a QB who can throw for 60, throw him for 60. If you have a RB who can score 25-30, run his ####. I see a lot of people who's entire perspective of football has been completely warped by fantasy.  :football:
I thought they gave him 3 plays and he picked one as to what the defense was showing. Through this week:

Absolutley GREAT POSTING. All the Manning haters, please read this again.

If the pass always works, then why would they ever go away from it?
It didn't work today. The Bears knew it was coming all the way and broke it up easily.Play action doesn't work if the defense doesn't believe you'll actually run the ball.
They've scored 30+ points against a good defense today...I'd say that whatevery they're doing is working pretty well.

Agreed in full. Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing, and Manning throwing the ball gives them a better chance to win.

That might be the biggest piece of c-r-a-p I've heard on this board in a long time. What manning is doing is selfish, greedy, and in my opinion does not make sense from a FOOTBALL standpoint. Frankly it's bad play calling at this point. The offense has become totally predictable inside the 10, and mark my words - it will start o hurt the Colts. Edge is a very safe, reliable bet on 3rd and 1 from the 2. There is no good football argument for throwing it there. And don't give me that garbage about the Pats game last year. That was last year.What's most troubling about it is the effect it's got to be having on Edge's morale. Today's players, and their contracts, are largely measured on touchdowns. That's why Manning is doing what he is doing. And what doesthat say to your workhorse RB?? "OK Edge - you run for 200 yards in between the 10's and then let me get the TD record". And this during a contract year for Edge!! Boy - with teammates like that, who needs enemies.

Not to mention what Manning's opponents are thinking. Throwing on first down with a 4TD lead in the 4th quarter?? He better watch his back. Wait till Houston plays them again this year.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Yea they have to keep the score up, we all know what a offensive juggernaut Krenzel is.....that iis what is ticking me off.

I really want to see how you fools answer this one. Maybe you are the same guys who thought Leaf was the better QB? :lol:

That might be the biggest piece of c-r-a-p I've heard on this board in a long time. What manning is doing is selfish, greedy, and in my opinion does not make sense from a FOOTBALL standpoint. Frankly it's bad play calling at this point. The offense has become totally predictable inside the 10, and mark my words - it will start o hurt the Colts. Edge is a very safe, reliable bet on 3rd and 1 from the 2. There is no good football argument for throwing it there. And don't give me that garbage about the Pats game last year. That was last year.What's most troubling about it is the effect it's got to be having on Edge's morale. Today's players, and their contracts, are largely measured on touchdowns. That's why Manning is doing what he is doing. And what doesthat say to your workhorse RB?? "OK Edge - you run for 200 yards in between the 10's and then let me get the TD record". And this during a contract year for Edge!! Boy - with teammates like that, who needs enemies.

Not to mention what Manning's opponents are thinking. Throwing on first down with a 4TD lead in the 4th quarter?? He better watch his back. Wait till Houston plays them again this year.

Hi General,Check out the play by play from last week. Truth is James isn't getting it done.

J

Your rebuttal is WEAK. If the offense was so predictable in the redzone then how come the Colts seem able to score TDs from the redzone 99.9% of the time? Quit jumping on the "Peyton is greedy" bandwagon -- my hypothesis is that 100% of the complainers with this issue are Edgerrin James owners and/or non-Peyton Manning owners.P.S. I'm playing a Manning owner this week and while I'm pissed, I don't hate Manning for it.

From last week's Random Shots hard luck awardsIND RB James -1 yard rush from the 3 (Manning to Stokely TD) IND RB James 2 yard rush to the 5 (Manning to Wayne TD) J

I really want to see how you fools answer this one. Maybe you are the same guys who thought Leaf was the better QB? :lol:
That's an interesting stat, but it raises a lot of questions. How does Edge compare with other RB's? Is this significantly below average? Most importantly, what is the best call TODAY??? Defenses are obviously looking pass. Doesn't it make more sense to run the ball and keep them off guard? Plus - when are the plays run?? First and goal from the 5 is a lot different than 3rd and 1 from the 2. And how did that 3rd and 1 from the 2 pass work out for Peyton today?And the score and time left in the game also matters. Who in their right mind would expect a pass up b 4 TD's at the 2 yard line? Even if it works - it's just dumb. Bottom line - it's all about Peyton and this WILL work against him and the Colts in the next few weeks. Mark my words.

"Edge is a very safe, reliable bet on 3rd and 1 from the 2. There is no good football argument for throwing it there. "Apparently you missed this stat:

Is Preist Holmes "greedy" because he scored all of those TD's the last three years? Faulk from the late 1990's? Emmitt and/or Favre from the mid 1990's? Of COURSE not. The entire purpose of football is to score touchdowns, period. If you have a QB who can throw for 60, throw him for 60. If you have a RB who can score 25-30, run his ####. I see a lot of people who's entire perspective of football has been completely warped by fantasy.  :football:

Yea they have to keep the score up, we all know what a offensive juggernaut Krenzel is.....that iis what is ticking me off.
I'm not understanding what you're saying. Are you suggesting that once they are inside the 5 yard line that they should not give their best effort to score when its only in the 1st half???

"Edge is a very safe, reliable bet on 3rd and 1 from the 2. There is no good football argument for throwing it there. "Apparently you missed this stat:

Good point jwvdcw...that's twice I've said that now... :D

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm still waiting for this answer as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just to add on even more....How is an offense that passes EXACTLY 1/2 OF THE TIME and runs EXACTLY 1/2 OF THE TIME inside the 5 yard line considered 'predictable' to you???

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Manning is stealing all of Edge's touchdowns...why won't he stop? :cry:

Even though I'm an Edge owner, I'm going to try and argue it's hurting the Colts, although they have been incredibly deadly in the red zone this year. I know it doesn't make any sense as to why they would stop what's working...but, but MANNING IS GREEDY I HOPE HE DIES :cry: :cry:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I really want to see how you fools answer this one.  Maybe you are the same guys who thought Leaf was the better QB? :lol:
Hi jw,Don't hold your breath on that one. Can't reason with the guys that hate him for producing.

J

If Manning is still in the game in this next drive, then he clearly is thinking about himself over the team.Which is more important, resting and staying healthy in a game that is already decided or staying in and tossing a couple more TDs?

1-10-IND 20 (12:42) #12 J.Sorgi in at QB. PENALTY on IND-B.Hartsock, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at IND 20 - No Play.Well what do you know?? The coaches finally got confortable that 41 - 3 might be a safe lead.

If Manning is still in the game in this next drive, then he clearly is thinking about himself over the team.Which is more important, resting and staying healthy in a game that is already decided or staying in and tossing a couple more TDs?
Thank goodness they pulled him to stop the :cry: J

I really want to see how you fools answer this one.  Maybe you are the same guys who thought Leaf was the better QB? :lol:
Hi jw,Don't hold your breath on that one. Can't reason with the guys that hate him for producing.

J
JB thowin' down at the General!! Show me some love my man!Look - I can't argue that what Manning has done has not been effective thus far. And obviously you guys have some good stats to back it up. Just remember - there's lies, damn lies, and then there's statistics. I wish I had more time to go back to last week's game and pull up those shamfeul stats of when and where Manning threw the ball, but I'm tied up doing two things at once this afternoon.

My argument is two-fold:

1. Manning is obviously out for the record - at the expense of his teammates and his opponents. He's out for himself - plain and simple. Edge has got to be ticked, and I know his opponents are furious. Both of these are needless when you have games securely in hand.

2. His quest for the record is going to hurt the Colts because teams are already starting to gameplan expecting the pass inside the 10. It's obvious thus far today. It's not what has worked in the past - it's what ill work today. And today, teams will expect the pass. So isn't it better to run?? Do you think Peyton is thinking of this when he is audiblizing at the line of scrimmage?

He'll get the record, but the Colts won't be better off for it. And come January we'll once again see Peyton choke in the big game.

1. Manning is obviously out for the record - at the expense of his teammates and his opponents. He's out for himself - plain and simple.
i dont think so at all. how can you argue aganist throwing 4 tds? when the play is there to be made, he makes it. plus, james is over 200 yards. you make it sound like, he is just throwing and forcing things. he is too good for his own good

Users who are viewing this thread