What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So sick of this. Projections Moved Back Once Again (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duke21

Footballguy
The projections were scheduled for Friday afternoon and have now been pushed back to Friday night, meaning they will probably be up after 12:01 am eastern time (our waiver deadline). After last week's "the projections are late because I over slept my nap" excuse, I am starting to lose faith in fbg.com. Why does this keep happening? Especially now with the playoffs here?

Didja ever consider making a move all by yourself? Do you really need your hand held by the projections to decide on any moves? Gimme a break, guppy. :brush:

The projections were scheduled for Friday afternoon and have now been pushed back to Friday night, meaning they will probably be up after 12:01 am eastern time (our waiver deadline). After last week's "the projections are late because I over slept my nap" excuse, I am starting to lose faith in fbg.com. Why does this keep happening? Especially now with the playoffs here?
They're wtill trying to identify the truly beastly players for you dude.

Ahh yea think about it a moment. The cheat sheets help for comparing or deciding between players at the same position. The projections help when you have flex postions and can start a rb or wr. I'm waiting on them to help me decide to start Holt or Kevin Jones in the last flex position.He paid for it and he has a right to complain when he does not get what is paid for!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh yea think about it a moment. The cheat sheets help for comparing or deciding between players at the same position. The projections help when you have flex postions and can start a rb or wr. I'm waiting on them to help me decide to start Holt or Kevin Jones in the last flex position.He paid for it and he has a right to complain when he does not get what is paid for!
The dude's looking for waiver pickups, not WDIS. I fail to see how projections factor into waiver grabs.
The projections were scheduled for Friday afternoon and have now been pushed back to Friday night, meaning they will probably be up after 12:01 am eastern time (our waiver deadline).
I'm not knocking him for complaining, just the inability to perform a simple task on his own. I've never been in a league where the WW closes this late in the week...

The dude's looking for waiver pickups, not WDIS. I fail to see how projections factor into waiver grabs.
The projections were scheduled for Friday afternoon and have now been pushed back to Friday night, meaning they will probably be up after 12:01 am eastern time (our waiver deadline).
I'm not knocking him for complaining, just the inability to perform a simple task on his own. I've never been in a league where the WW closes this late in the week...
Of course he can do it on his own, he'd just prefer to consult the advice he paid for.

I've never been in a league where the WW closes this late in the week...
I play in a very competitive shark league where thw WW closes Saturday at midnight. Different leagues operate differently. Regardless, if a service is paid for it should be delivered on time, no excuses. It seems to me that a lot of people are unhappy with FBG's this year and that the market is ripe for another website who can deliver on time to gain a stronghold in this online fantasy industry.

When the price of all this information is this cheap, you really can't complain. I guess you can. But feel free not to come back to the best FF site at the cheapest price...

Hi Duke,I know David is cranking on these. They'll obviously be real close to our cheatsheets. So if you need to make a call there, the cheatsheets are the not quite as refined foundation for what the projections will be.Apologies for the delay in getting them tonight. We struggle with throwing them out there not as good as they can be vs making sure they are timely enough where most people can get use from them.Thanks.J

i gotta be honest i got my $20 worth before the season even started...it's money well spent and if there are some delays,i chalk it up to theyare human like the rest of us and sadly some things are a "little" moreimportant than ff... i paid $45 at another pay site for just lousy pre-seasoninfo that was trash.... will subscribe to the 'guys again next year...

i gotta be honest i got my $20 worth before the season even started...it's money well spent and if there are some delays,i chalk it up to theyare human like the rest of us and sadly some things are a "little" moreimportant than ff... i paid $45 at another pay site for just lousy pre-seasoninfo that was trash.... will subscribe to the 'guys again next year...
Thanks Super mark,We hope that folks can see it in the big picture like that. In the bottom line, it's about providing good value for the $22. But on the flip side, we have to deliver when we say we will and I'm working on major league changes that will help us to that more efficiently in the future. Trust me, my life would be a lot easier if I didn't have 50 "where is my info" emails an hour. I've got a huge vested interest in making sure you guys get what we promise. Thanks.J

When the price of all this information is this cheap, you really can't complain. I guess you can. But feel free not to come back to the best FF site at the cheapest price...
Well, I drive a Durango, which is obviously "cheap" compared to an Escalade.Do I have a right, to not be happy if it dies in 6 months? Darn right I do.My point is: Price is all relative. Sure, everyone must make their own decisions. But all these "make your own decisions" posts are a pile of crap. The subscribers paid for the services for a reason and have every right to complain when things aren't delivered when promised. I commend JB in acknowledging the complaints. As a business owner, you must listen to your customers and take action to improve, or you won't be a business owner for long. Now, the proof will be in the pudding for next year.All this coming from a "non-subscriber", but realize that threads like this from both the unhappy customer and the owner response have a big impact on whether I ever become a "paid" customer.

Didja ever consider making a move all by yourself? Do you really need your hand held by the projections to decide on any moves? Gimme a break, guppy. :brush:
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :boxing:

There is truly great value for your 20 bucks. No doubt.But that's not the question. It's a business. In business you expect the supplier to deliever the agreed upon goods, at the agreed upon time, for the agreed upon money. Its that simple. I figure there are 100 pennys in each dollar I pay. That's my end.On the other hand it's not that simple. Things never go perfectly all the time in any business. Too many humans in the process.Ongoing improvement and problem solving are what will keep customers from jumping ship.FBG's is good at that. I get much more for my 20 bucks this year than I did last year.I would suspect that cross training might be appropiate for instances where someone can't do their job due to an emergency.Late projections are one thing but NO projections is another all together.2 cents

THEY'RE JUST ESTIMATING AND GUESSING!!!!Jeebus, think for yourself.Take all the info that IS available, and for the love of god man, think for your freaking self. Please. It will be better for you in the long run. :thumbup:

THEY'RE JUST ESTIMATING AND GUESSING!!!!

Jeebus, think for yourself.

Take all the info that IS available, and for the love of god man, think for your freaking self. Please. It will be better for you in the long run. :thumbup:
It sure is easy to tell someone to think for themself instead of addressing the issue.If you really want to think for yourself, don't check the cheatsheets, don't read the Shark Pool, and for that matter don't even visit FBG. Not what I would recommend, but there's your path to being a truly independent thinker.

All subscribers paid for FBG service, some consider the projections to be an important part of what they paid for.

Just because you don't doesn't mean their expectations can be tossed in the trash, or you can safely and accurately accuse them of not thinking for themselves.

It's really simple.

Boot.

:popcorn:

Hi Duke,I know David is cranking on these. They'll obviously be real close to our cheatsheets. So if you need to make a call there, the cheatsheets are the not quite as refined foundation for what the projections will be.Apologies for the delay in getting them tonight. We struggle with throwing them out there not as good as they can be vs making sure they are timely enough where most people can get use from them.Thanks.J
Thanks Joe for your response. I've preached it all year long so far that I love fbg.com and have been here since cheatsheets.net. I love the draft stuff you guys put out and definately think it was great. But I have always been use to FBG's putting out the projections in a timely fashion. The reason I don't really want to use the cheat sheets (or can't use them) is because I want to pick up 1 player out of 3 or 4 players at different positions and see how far the point margin is at the guys that do have the same position. I love FBG's and their projections (the main reason I signed up for the site) but when I get the projections so late, they are no use to me. Therefore, the main product I signed up for, I can't use. Thank you for replying though and I am sorry if I come off as a "whiner" but I just wanted to vent. Question though, will there be anything done next year to guarantee we will get projections earlier and every week?

I've never been in a league where the WW closes this late in the week...
I play in a very competitive shark league where thw WW closes Saturday at midnight. Different leagues operate differently. Regardless, if a service is paid for it should be delivered on time, no excuses. It seems to me that a lot of people are unhappy with FBG's this year and that the market is ripe for another website who can deliver on time to gain a stronghold in this online fantasy industry.
do you ever stop complaining?

Thanks Joe for your response. I've preached it all year long so far that I love fbg.com and have been here since cheatsheets.net. I love the draft stuff you guys put out and definately think it was great. But I have always been use to FBG's putting out the projections in a timely fashion. The reason I don't really want to use the cheat sheets (or can't use them) is because I want to pick up 1 player out of 3 or 4 players at different positions and see how far the point margin is at the guys that do have the same position. I love FBG's and their projections (the main reason I signed up for the site) but when I get the projections so late, they are no use to me. Therefore, the main product I signed up for, I can't use. Thank you for replying though and I am sorry if I come off as a "whiner" but I just wanted to vent. Question though, will there be anything done next year to guarantee we will get projections earlier and every week?
Hi Duke,I'll say this, my #1 off season priority (and honestly it's so high up there, I don't really have a #2 right now) is to do fix this problem. I'm about out of things to break here so we're going to have to do something... ;) Seriously, David and I and the other staff guys are working hard on this to make this flow more smoothly.Thanks for your patience. J

Hi Duke,I'll say this, my #1 off season priority (and honestly it's so high up there, I don't really have a #2 right now) is to do fix this problem. I'm about out of things to break here so we're going to have to do something... ;) Seriously, David and I and the other staff guys are working hard on this to make this flow more smoothly.Thanks for your patience. J
Thank you Joe, I will definately be around next year then.

As far as I am concerned, the projections are just icing on the cake.The REALLY good deal in signing up for FBG's is you get a 75% discount on Bryant Boats.

Take all the info that IS available, and for the love of god man, think for your freaking self. Please. It will be better for you in the long run.  :thumbup:
It sure is easy to tell someone to think for themself instead of addressing the issue.If you really want to think for yourself, don't check the cheatsheets, don't read the Shark Pool, and for that matter don't even visit FBG. Not what I would recommend, but there's your path to being a truly independent thinker.

All subscribers paid for FBG service, some consider the projections to be an important part of what they paid for.

Just because you don't doesn't mean their expectations can be tossed in the trash, or you can safely and accurately accuse them of not thinking for themselves.

It's really simple.

Boot.

:rolleyes: I am very tired of reading what whiners have to say. PM staff if you have a problem, THAT IS NOT WHAT THE BOARD IS FOR. FBGs don't know the future, the projections DON'T ACTUALLY REFLECT WHAT IS REALLY GOING TO HAPPEN.

Use the tools they HAVE GIVEN YOU, and draw your own conclusions instead of relying on Miss Cleo. It really is that simple.

:OMG they're 2 minutes late again, what ever will I do?:

You people who post this nonsense can't even begin to understand how ridiculous you sound. You are very lucky Joe has the patience of Job because most people would tell you where to stick your $20.

Appreciate this site for what it does give you and thank them for the bargain ingrates.

:hot:

The regularity with which the stated projections release date is consistently not met, is becoming monotonous.

It's to the point where I EXPECT them to be delayed!

This is not exactly a ringing endorsement for FBG :(

Are your lineups required to be submitted prior to Sunday Morning?

Are your lineups required to be submitted prior to Sunday Morning?
One league the roster deadline is saturday night and the other it is Sunday morning. I have no problem with using the projections for everyday starters (i usually do that myself). But when there are 4 or 5 guys who are all supposed to be even and I have no clue who they are or their condition on their team and I have to start someone because of an injury or something like that, then that is when I mostly use the porjections.

Can we please start a new forum for this kind of stuff. Do we really need the clutter in the shark pool?BTW, if you don't like it, don't pay for it again.

Can we please start a new forum for this kind of stuff. Do we really need the clutter in the shark pool?BTW, if you don't like it, don't pay for it again.
Yeah I think one of the main things FBG should do this off-season is create a Tech issues/Concerns Forum. We don't need this kind of thing bogging down the Shark Pool every day.

Take all the info that IS available, and for the love of god man, think for your freaking self. Please. It will be better for you in the long run.  :thumbup:

It's really simple.

Boot.

:rolleyes: I am very tired of reading what whiners have to say. PM staff if you have a problem, THAT IS NOT WHAT THE BOARD IS FOR. FBGs don't know the future, the projections DON'T ACTUALLY REFLECT WHAT IS REALLY GOING TO HAPPEN.

Use the tools they HAVE GIVEN YOU, and draw your own conclusions instead of relying on Miss Cleo. It really is that simple.

You people who post this nonsense can't even begin to understand how ridiculous you sound. You are very lucky Joe has the patience of Job because most people would tell you where to stick your $20.

Appreciate this site for what it does give you and thank them for the bargain ingrates.

if you are tired of reading it, do not open the threads. people have a right to use all the tools they paid for including cheatsheets and projections. they also have a right to voice their concern about not recieving these services.

Return with me now to those thrilling days of yesteryear: when each of us paid and joined the site. What did we read there? What was offered? I keep seeing posts that "what was promised when I signed up was not delivered", and I believe those posts are incorrect. I logged out and went to the Signup page, and links off it. Here is what was promised:

10. THE BEST FEATURES

You won't find "fluff" features. What you will find are the Tools and Analysis you need to win. Some of the many weekly features we'll offer:

Offensive and Defensive Upgrades and Downgrades: Every Monday, we'll hit the players you need to keep an eye on for Free Agent pickups as well as the players who you should deal. We'll also factor in upcoming schedules.

Game Recaps: Don't have Direct TV's Sunday Ticket and 8 receivers? No problem. We have Staff assigned to every game analyzing every play. Monday we'll post a detailed recap taken from the Fantasy Football Angle (not the generic recap you get in the press). We tell you What You Need to Know about each game and What you Ought To Know. We pass along things like near misses, goalline opportunities, and TDs nullified by penalty to give you the real picture.

Injury Recaps: Monday Night, we'll run down the news as to how Sunday's injuries are progressing after the Docs have done their work.

Stats Stats and More Stats: FBG readers are covered with statistics that are updated each week as the season progresses. From matchups, to Fantasy Points Per Game to Targets to Red Zone touches, if you need the numbers, we've got them.

Random Shots: Probably the most important Football opinions you'll get all week. As long as you consider topics like missing Melissa Starks important...

Schedule Strength and Outlook: Many games are decided by matchups and few things are more important there than schedule strength. So you can stay 3 steps ahead of the competition, we keep a running look at who's facing a creampuff defense and who's going against tough units.

Top 200 Lists: Trades are a key part of any team's success so we continue to update our Top 200 players list based on upcoming schedule and current situations.

Game Predictor: Using some of the most accurate forecasting tools available, we tell you what will happen and why each week. Uncannily accurate.

Rushing and Passing Matchups to Avoid / Exploit: We take every team in every game and break down the matchups for both rushing and passing. Knowing who to start and why based on the matchups can make the difference in winning and losing.

Player Projections: We give you detailed projected statistics for every player of note in the upcoming game. We hang our reputation on the line every week to help give you the most accurate and detailed projections possible.

Player Cheatsheets: Driven by the Player Projections, we create cheatsheets for every position to help answer that all important question of who to start.

Players in the News: Updated throughout the week, we give you quick capsules of every player that's made some news that week and keep you updated as to his status.
I don't see a deadline for the projections there.I don't mind the grousing about delays in the projections. They're especially valuable for flex leagues, since the cheatsheets don't alow you to compare one position with another. But let's not overstate it: calling those delays "something I signed up for that was not delivered" is not correct. They're schedules posted weekly, parts of which have been frequently moved back.

I'm glad to see Joe and David are going to address it before next year.

No, see, this is why I don't like to respond to people that say "what a whiner, etc" because you don't listen or read what we say and just assume what you want. I've said I have been around since cheatsheets.net and have laoved the projections ever since then. Actually, (like I said earlier), the projections are always great, late or not. But if they are always late, I can't use them. Now think about it, what would get something changed: letting everyone know of the problems so they can be taken care of or sitting back and not saying anything? Just because I do not like how footballguys are producing their information this year doesn't mean I do not like them. It has the best information on the net, just this year it seems that the most importnant stuff (the things I signed up for....so don't give me that "use the other stuff then" nonesense) has been very late or not put out at all. Now, look at it like this too. I was able to state how I was upset with footballguys.com, Joe responded back, I asked him if things would change next year, and he guaranteed it would. Instead of going somewhere else next year if I didn't say anything, I did say something and now I will most likely be signing up again next year because I DID say something.

Return with me now to those thrilling days of yesteryear: when each of us paid and joined the site. What did we read there? What was offered? I keep seeing posts that "what was promised when I signed up was not delivered", and I believe those posts are incorrect. I logged out and went to the Signup page, and links off it. Here is what was promised:

10. THE BEST FEATURES

You won't find "fluff" features. What you will find are the Tools and Analysis you need to win. Some of the many weekly features we'll offer:

Offensive and Defensive Upgrades and Downgrades: Every Monday, we'll hit the players you need to keep an eye on for Free Agent pickups as well as the players who you should deal. We'll also factor in upcoming schedules.

Game Recaps: Don't have Direct TV's Sunday Ticket and 8 receivers? No problem. We have Staff assigned to every game analyzing every play. Monday we'll post a detailed recap taken from the Fantasy Football Angle (not the generic recap you get in the press). We tell you What You Need to Know about each game and What you Ought To Know. We pass along things like near misses, goalline opportunities, and TDs nullified by penalty to give you the real picture.

Injury Recaps: Monday Night, we'll run down the news as to how Sunday's injuries are progressing after the Docs have done their work.

Stats Stats and More Stats: FBG readers are covered with statistics that are updated each week as the season progresses. From matchups, to Fantasy Points Per Game to Targets to Red Zone touches, if you need the numbers, we've got them.

Random Shots: Probably the most important Football opinions you'll get all week. As long as you consider topics like missing Melissa Starks important...

Schedule Strength and Outlook: Many games are decided by matchups and few things are more important there than schedule strength. So you can stay 3 steps ahead of the competition, we keep a running look at who's facing a creampuff defense and who's going against tough units.

Top 200 Lists: Trades are a key part of any team's success so we continue to update our Top 200 players list based on upcoming schedule and current situations.

Game Predictor: Using some of the most accurate forecasting tools available, we tell you what will happen and why each week. Uncannily accurate.

Rushing and Passing Matchups to Avoid / Exploit: We take every team in every game and break down the matchups for both rushing and passing. Knowing who to start and why based on the matchups can make the difference in winning and losing.

Player Projections: We give you detailed projected statistics for every player of note in the upcoming game. We hang our reputation on the line every week to help give you the most accurate and detailed projections possible.

Player Cheatsheets: Driven by the Player Projections, we create cheatsheets for every position to help answer that all important question of who to start.

Players in the News: Updated throughout the week, we give you quick capsules of every player that's made some news that week and keep you updated as to his status.
I don't see a deadline for the projections there.I don't mind the grousing about delays in the projections. They're especially valuable for flex leagues, since the cheatsheets don't alow you to compare one position with another. But let's not overstate it: calling those delays "something I signed up for that was not delivered" is not correct. They're schedules posted weekly, parts of which have been frequently moved back.

I'm glad to see Joe and David are going to address it before next year.
Very true their is no deadline in that, but they do say every week. So far there have been 3 weeks where the projections have been missed.

If all you smart alecs didnt reply to the thread it may move off the front page alot quicker....I think FBG should offer a split deal because the preseason stuff was great, but to be honest the regular season content was almost always late therefore diminishing its value, if I can derive the info myself in the same amount of time that FBG is delivering it then why should I pay for it... The only real thing of value was breaking news IMO thanks Mr.Harris.

I simply stated we should have a seperate forum for this garbage. And then added that if you don't like the service, don't pay for it again. Has the thread a week complaining about timing changed anything? The open forum is not the place. If you have a legit complaint, PM the owners. I'm not advocating sending them an email when reports are less than 12 hours late. If you need to complain that much, then you will never be happy. I responded only because i am very tired of seeing these threads everyweek.

I'm a subscriber and I get my money's worth from their pre-season content. That being said I am also a creature of routine and since I have come to expect their regular season content to be late I don't even bother using it any longer. It's a shame because there is a lot of good info there but what's the point in looking at it when other services provide their stuff not only on time but earlier in the week.Oh well. So long as the pre-season stuff remains I'll still be a subscriber.

Yeah I think one of the main things FBG should do this off-season is create a Tech issues/Concerns Forum. We don't need this kind of thing bogging down the Shark Pool every day.
When you really think about the above statement, especially "We don't need this kind of thing bogging down the Shark Pool every day." it tells you something.The only reason the Shark Pool gets bogged down with this sort of post "every day", is because it's happening all to frequently.

Kinda makes you stop and think for a second doesn't it? :(

It's really simple.

Boot.

if you are tired of reading it, do not open the threads. people have a right to use all the tools they paid for including cheatsheets and projections. they also have a right to voice their concern about not recieving these services.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah I think one of the main things FBG should do this off-season is create a Tech issues/Concerns Forum.  We don't need this kind of thing bogging down the Shark Pool every day.
When you really think about the above statement, especially "We don't need this kind of thing bogging down the Shark Pool every day." it tells you something.The only reason the Shark Pool gets bogged down with this sort of post "every day", is because it's happening all to frequently.

Kinda makes you stop and think for a second doesn't it? :(
Your right. Even if they fix this problem before next year starts though, I'm sure other issues will arise between this time and next year that will have this same effect though. So it may still be a good idea to start something like this just to filter traffic if nothing else. It seems every time a thread like this pops up its the same song and dance. A group of people clammering about the perceived problem/issue, another group jumping in to defend FBG, and fianlly another group who would like to bring it to everyones attention that this is not the place for such complaints. I think a forum designed for complaints n' such could eliminate possibly 2 of the 3 parties in this equation and anwers/help could be more easily found.

there are 4 or 5 guys who are all supposed to be even and I have no clue who they are or their condition on their team
Im sorry. In all honesty, if this was the case, I would recommend some free yahoo.com leagues for a few years until you feel comfrotable with your ability to play FF.Best of luck next season, trust me when I say FBG is still WAAAAY worth its price. To be honest, I would probably pay 3x their asking price and kick in another $20 for the forums. But thats just me.JAA

What's the big deal about the projections and cheatsheets? It's the opinion of 1 guy. Is the problem that it's continually delayed? There are plenty of other subscriber info that can help make your decision.One of my favorite things to look at is:http://apps.footballguys.com/04drinen_fantasylogs.cfm
I'm a subscriber and never look at the cheatsheets. I would rather make my own decisions on who to start. Once in a blue moon I will post a WDIS, but that is rare. I don't know why so many people need others to make decisions for them. Either you know enough about this hobby to make informed decisions or you do not. Anyway, if I depended on some website to tell me who to start every week, that would take a big chunk of the fun out of this hobby.

there are 4 or 5 guys who are all supposed to be even and I have no clue who they are or their condition on their team
Im sorry. In all honesty, if this was the case, I would recommend some free yahoo.com leagues for a few years until you feel comfrotable with your ability to play FF.Best of luck next season, trust me when I say FBG is still WAAAAY worth its price. To be honest, I would probably pay 3x their asking price and kick in another $20 for the forums. But thats just me.JAA
Then why have projections at all then? Seriously, I've said it before that FBG's have the best projections I've ever used. If you are telling me that maybe I shouldn't be using them (the main thing that I've signed up for year in, year out), then maybe I just shouldn't think about signing up next year at all then, huh? (and don't think I'm the only one who uses the projections, that's just absurd). I posted this in a thread a week or two ago and clearly states how I feel about the projections. Try reading it and not making assumptions on how I use them for EVERY decision:My starting lineups don't need to be in until Sunday morning in one league and saturday night in the other. The deadline for waiver moves however is friday night. For the person who said these "whining" threads are stupid, is it stupid to be upset when you pay for something and not getting your money's worth? First of all, they've missed at least 3 weeks for projections. According to this website, it says they come out every week: http://www.footballguys.com/whysubscribe.htm.They've missed 3 weeks out of 13, that's more than a 20% of weeks without projections. Second of all, I mostly use projections because:1. Dodds projections are for the most part great. I remember Shane Matthews last year in the first week was a great call and other great numbers. They are very good, there's no question about that.2. They help me out more than anything for my waiver wire. Yes, their are things like the waiver wire report put out by Bruce which is good, but does not rank guys for certain weeks or at all. I want to know who I should pick up this week because my RB is on a bye week or my WR is injured. When you have a waiver wire pool of guys that look the same, having projections for them makes a huge difference.I pay mostly for the projections, that's what I like most and has brought me back to this site every year. Believe me, I am only upset about the projections either being late or not here at all because I like them so much. I wouldn't really care if the kicker mania was moved back but the projections are very important to me. And think about it, when it comes down to it, stats are the major thing in fantasy football. Projections try to predict those stats. That's why I get upset if the projections are so late that they can't help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread