Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

6 months

5441 cigarettes not smoked (or thrown on the ground for that matter)

$1100 not spent on cigarettes

My desire to not smoke final beat my addiction to nicotine. It only took 3 days of fairly intense withdrawal from the drug. The rest has been easy since I wanted to quit. My mental focus during those 3 days was intense. I wasn't the same guy going through withdrawal for the 30th time...I put one out and said "I'm Done".

Other things going better for Tipsy because of the inner focus change I had 6 months ago:

I have lost 20 pounds

Started running for the first time since I got married and was able to run 6 miles a few times, although my knee & lower back want nothing to do with that anymore. (buying a bike this weekend hopefully)

I got over my Katrina depression & got my wife pregnant again...expecting in November!

I'm closing on my first house today (no whammies :goodposting: )

I hope my postings help any of you still addicted start thinking about it yourself (one person said that recently i think). I have never felt better in my life.

Edited by tipsy mcstagger

I got over my Katrina depression & got my wife pregnant again...expecting in November!

:pickle: congratulations :pickle:

I'm closing on my first house today (no whammies :ph34r: )

:thumbup: everything's coming up tipsy

6 months

My desire to not smoke final beat my addiction to nicotine. It only took 3 days of fairly intense withdrawal from the drug. The rest has been easy since I wanted to quit. My mental focus during those 3 days was intense. I wasn't the same guy going through withdrawal for the 30th time...I put one out and said "I'm Done".

Other things going better for Tipsy because of the inner focus change I had 6 months ago:

I have lost 20 pounds

Started running for the first time since I got married and was able to run 6 miles a few times, although my knee & lower back want nothing to do with that anymore. (buying a bike this weekend hopefully)

I'm closing on my first house today (no whammies :bye: )

I hope my postings help any of you still addicted start thinking about it yourself (one person said that recently i think). I have never felt better in my life.

:penalty:

Good stuff.

I just hit 25 lbs lost since I started working out in January. 25 more to go! :bag: Lung capacity rules. I'm going to be playing in a basketball league starting in a little less than a month. I still played when I was smoking, but it's been a couple of years. I can't wait to see how it feels to play when I can breathe.

6 months

I have lost 20 pounds

I'm closing on my first house today (no whammies :penalty: )

Congratulations on everything, Tipsy! You didn't even mention your increased stake in Dante's. Good luck with the closing today - get ready to sign a million signatures.

Guest The Bad CEO

I'm on Day 4 smoke free.On day 5 I leave for Vegas for 5 days :scared:I must remain strong. I figure if I can make it through Vegas without smoking, I can make it through pretty much anything.

Hanging in there (Hulk)?3 wks 5 days for me.Good luck.

This thread seems like it's been pretty good for a lot of people, myself included, so I figured I would bump to mention a report that'll be on CBS Evening News Monday. I'm just watching the Final Four and saw the commercial. The tease said something about how quitting may be more difficult for some people than others, and mentioned some new theory of quitting that involves "looking inside your own DNA." I might tune in just to see how to look inside my own DNA. That has to be useful for something else, right? Anyway, thought I'd let people know in case anyone is interested.

Monday will mark Week 5 of My Life Without Nicotine. For those still struggling, tune in and maybe you'll find something helpful. Good luck to all...

Tipsy, do you ever have dreams where you smoke? I just woke up from one where I was smoking a cig every minute and woke up pretty relieved.

Quitting tomorrow.

FOR REAL THIS TIME

*sigh*

Last smoke, last night, 6:08:32 pm.

Going with the patch, gum and maybe wellbutrin after last night--not a whole lot of sleep. Sure had some weird dreams though--including the first time ever I can remember actually being able to read!?! :confused:

Tipsy, do you ever have dreams where you smoke? I just woke up from one where I was smoking a cig every minute and woke up pretty relieved.

This happened to me as well. I woke up and was like "damn, I can't believe I smoked". Then I was like "oh, it was only a dream". Then I was like " I guess I may as well take a piss while I'm awake".

Quitting tomorrow.

FOR REAL THIS TIME

didn't take up Bad CEO's offer of the Chantix, huh?
Eh?

Chantix still = :rant:

Day 17, still only mild cravings once or twice a day.

The Chantix really helped me quit. I started taking Chantix on 2/27 and had my last smoke on 3/2. It's been 11 days and so far so good.I get the urge to smoke once a day still, but not real bad. Usually after dinner.I stopped taking the Chantix pill after only 7 days of taking them. I really used them just to get over the first few days and I didn't want to create another monster with the pill (even though they say they're not addictive)I urge anyone that wants to quit to try the stuff. It costs about $125 but it's worth it if you quit.I don't know how long I have to go without smoking before I can say "I quit" :rant:I have a months supply of the stuff no going to waste, not sure what to do with it.

shuke> hey

Alright, add me to the list of smokers who are trying to call it quits. I finally got the girlfriend to try and quit with me. We both smoked our quote-unquote "last cigarette" Sunday April 1st about 5pm.

Not sure how this is gonna work, since were both going cold turkey, but I may break down and try a nicotine gum.

Heres to hacking up globs of tar over the next week that have been coating my lungs.

Alright, add me to the list of smokers who are trying to call it quits. I finally got the girlfriend to try and quit with me. We both smoked our quote-unquote "last cigarette" Sunday April 1st about 5pm.

Not sure how this is gonna work, since were both going cold turkey, but I may break down and try a nicotine gum.

Heres to hacking up globs of tar over the next week that have been coating my lungs.

quote-unquote "last cigarette"

I think you need brackets or parentheses or something here.

Good luck with the smoking!

I had a dream like that a little after hitting the one year mark. Man, was I pissed at myself until I realized that it was just a dream.

12 hours in. I'm constipated and have the shakes.

WOW THIS IS FUN!

WOW THIS IS FUN!

I thought that was normal

WOW THIS IS FUN!

Wait until you absolutely can't stand it anymore and then pop on a nic patch. You'll think you've gone to heaven.

Seriously, I tried to quit several times with various methods (cold turkey, zyban, etc) and the only thing that worked for me was going cold turkey until I absolutely thought I was going to kill everyone around me and then putting on the second step down nic patch. It honestly wasn't that hard after that.

WOW THIS IS FUN!

just wait until you beat someone up for no other reason other than you haven't had nicotine in a while.

WOW THIS IS FUN!

They don't make them addictive so people can quit easily. This part is over in a few days.

WOW THIS IS FUN!

I think you can have just one. You know, just to ease the withdrawls.

Guest The Bad CEO

WOW THIS IS FUN!

Going cold turkey or are you taking something?

WOW THIS IS FUN!

That's so wrong.

Yet

:banned:;):lmao:

Funny

WOW THIS IS FUN!

:( Poor thing. You can do it shuke! :mellow:

Shuke is going to take a monster growler in about 3 days.

Post meal and post coitus are the 2 hardest times to not smoke.

Distant third would be while drinking alcohol.

Post meal and post coitus are the 2 hardest times to not smoke.Distant third would be while drinking alcohol.

The drive home after another ####ty day at work was the time that I missed it the most.

Guest The Bad CEO

Post meal and post coitus are the 2 hardest times to not smoke.Distant third would be while drinking alcohol.

The drive home after another ####ty day at work was the time that I missed it the most.
It's been over 4 weeks and I still miss these moments sometimes. A few of my friends met out on the weekend at a Tavern, we usually have cigars when we meet up. I decided not to have a cigar. :yes: I still feel like a recovering junky and couldn't risk enjoying a cigar. It's kinda like putting Pooky in the crack lab on New Jack City. Edited by The Bad CEO

Same for me. I loved to smoke when I drove. That took me a awhile to "learn" to drive without a cigarette in hand. Oh well. FYI I quit about 5 weeks ago cold turkey and it has been smooth sailing since. The first week is brutal then it is gravy after that. :lmao:

WOW THIS IS FUN!

Wait until you absolutely can't stand it anymore and then pop on a nic patch. You'll think you've gone to heaven.

Seriously, I tried to quit several times with various methods (cold turkey, zyban, etc) and the only thing that worked for me was going cold turkey until I absolutely thought I was going to kill everyone around me and then putting on the second step down nic patch. It honestly wasn't that hard after that.

But then didn't you have to quit the patch cold turkey and go through another period of withdrawal?

WOW THIS IS FUN!

:lmao:

WOW THIS IS FUN!

Going cold turkey or are you taking something?
Cold turkey.

Consumption of 26 lbs. of food for lunch completed. :goodposting:

Guest The Bad CEO

Shuke, are you working while trying to quit? If it helps, I took off Friday (my quit day) so I didn't annoy too many people. By Monday I was still a little edgy, but not bad.

Consumption of 26 lbs. of food for lunch completed. :lmao:

eat a few candy bars and drink a 20oz gatorade. it will act as an enema :no:

Shuke, are you working while trying to quit? If it helps, I took off Friday (my quit day) so I didn't annoy too many people. By Monday I was still a little edgy, but not bad.

At work, but completely unproductive. Can't concetrate.

give me a call if you need anything. :(

We're going to need a baseline on this. How does that compare to your usual performance? You just described an average Tuesday for me.

WOW THIS IS FUN!

But then didn't you have to quit the patch cold turkey and go through another period of withdrawal?
I stepped down to the lowest level and then totally off. Took about 2 months. The withdrawals after I stepped totally off were about 1/100th of what I went through in the first 3 days.

WOW THIS IS FUN!

I stepped down to the lowest level and then totally off. Took about 2 months. The withdrawals after I stepped totally off were about 1/100th of what I went through in the first 3 days.
Interesting. So how long before you put that first patch on? Once you put it on, did you follow the regular schedule?

give me a call if you need anything. :lmao:
Like what?

Interesting. So how long before you put that first patch on? Once you put it on, did you follow the regular schedule?

I think i waited 3 days before I put it on. I had originally intended to go cold turkey, but I was about to cave and just did that as a last resort. I'm actually not sure what the regular schedule for the patch is. I started at the second strongest patch, stepped down to the lowest level after about a month and then completely off after another month. My timelines may be a little off, as this was 4 years ago.Not saying cold turkey won't work, obviously. I'm just saying you might try this rather than smoking a cig if you get to the point where you're going to give up.

I think i waited 3 days before I put it on. I had originally intended to go cold turkey, but I was about to cave and just did that as a last resort. I'm actually not sure what the regular schedule for the patch is. I started at the second strongest patch, stepped down to the lowest level after about a month and then completely off after another month. My timelines may be a little off, as this was 4 years ago.Not saying cold turkey won't work, obviously. I'm just saying you might try this rather than smoking a cig if you get to the point where you're going to give up.
Good plan. On previous attempts to quit, I would smoke a cig once I finally broke down and couldn't stand it anymore, but that always led to just one more. So cold turkey was the best method for me. Never tried the patch, but I know some people that have quit using it. Good luck pal. :bye:

I am at the 2 hour mark. I quit for 2 1/2 years. Then I went to VietNam and China back in Jan. and THEY hooked me again. I smoked everyday for 3 weeks while I was there.

I hope I can kick it again.....but just as I type this all a can think about is having a smoke. I am just going to eat a candy bar every time I want to smoke. I should hit 300 pounds in about a week!