What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All-time cereal draft (2 Viewers)

Who's up now and who's the next 5? - Thanks
shuke's up after rikishi, but he said that he might be away from his computer all day.9.6 shuke 9.7 IndividuallyWrapedKraftSingles 9.8 Keerock 9.9 Idiot Boxer 9.10 Fuller

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 5 Best in-bowl combinations by roster IMO:

ffweasel

Frosted Flakes + Wheaties

Similar texture and softening time, the frosted flakes in an 20/80 ratio makes the Wheaties go down smooth.

IWBACB

Fruit Loops + Team Cheerios

Again a healthy+sugary here combo that would work and potentially salvage the biggest head scratching pick from this crew.

Shuke

Cinnamon Toast Crunch + Golden Grahms

Another no brainer that was a staple for me when we would get the combo 6 packs. Alone I'm not fond of these but together, solid.

Keerock

Lucky Charms + King Vitamin

Yes, you heard me. Not that LC goes bad with anything

Idiot Boxer

Cocoa Pebbles + Frankenberry

Great chocolate + berry combination similar melting and an interesting color at the end.

Top 5 Best in-bowl combinations by roster IMO:

ffweasel

Frosted Flakes + Wheaties

Similar texture and softening time, the frosted flakes in an 20/80 ratio makes the Wheaties go down smooth.

IWBACB

Fruit Loops + Team Cheerios

Again a healthy+sugary here combo that would work and potentially salvage the biggest head scratching pick from this crew.

Shuke

Cinnamon Toast Crunch + Golden Grahms

Another no brainer that was a staple for me when we would get the combo 6 packs. Alone I'm not fond of these but together, solid.

Keerock

Lucky Charms + King Vitamin

Yes, you heard me. Not that LC goes bad with anything

Idiot Boxer

Cocoa Pebbles + Frankenberry

Great chocolate + berry combination similar melting and an interesting color at the end.
I was going to wait until it finished to comment on the combos, but since you started...I would have no trouble throwing every one of IndividuallyWrapedKraftSingles' selections so far in one bowl and having at it.

The Loan Sharks Breakfast Power rankings to date10- Perfect Pick- Perfect cereal, exactly where it should be picked 9- Awesome Pick- Just a slight off perfect cereal, maybe one or two picks off8- Great Pick- A solid pick but argument could be made as to a few other options.7- Good Pick- A solid pick that in cereal and timing6- Average Pick- That I like5- Average Pick- When I see it I go yeah thats about right4- Average Pick- That I don't like3- Poor Pick- I hate the pick, nasty cereal and placement but I can see how someone could make the pick.2. Questionable Pick- Definitely a draftable cereal but taken way too soon or a borderline draftable cereal in late position. 1. Total Blunder- Taking a undraftable cereal in late position, or a borderline draftable cereal too high.0- WTF pick- Taking a undraftable cereal in anything but the last roundScores to be averagedThis is how I have the draft scored so far :hophead:

ffweasel ffweasel LSBPR TOTAL 51 AVG. PICK STRENGTH 5.661.1 Frosted Flakes 10 2.1 Wheaties 93.1 Waffle Crisp 54.1 Frosted Cheerios 55.1 Kix 46.1 Kaboom 77.1 Mueslix 58.1 Urkel-O's 69.1 Hemp Plus Granola 010.1

3MTA3 LSBPR TOTAL 58 AVG PICK STENGTH 6.441.2 Total (whole grain, blue box) 72.9 Cookie Crisp 4 3.2 Honeycombs 84.9 Cap'n Crunchberries 85.2 Honey Bunches of Oats (Honey Roasted) 56.9 Weetabix 47.2 Nerds 3 8.9 Mr. T: The Cereal 99.2 Dino Pebbles 1010.9

3MTA3 LSBPR TOTAL 58 AVG PICK STENGTH 6.01.2 Total (whole grain, blue box) 72.9 Cookie Crisp 4 3.2 Honeycombs 84.9 Cap'n Crunchberries 85.2 Honey Bunches of Oats (Honey Roasted) 56.9 Weetabix 47.2 Nerds 3 8.9 Mr. T: The Cereal 99.2 Dino Pebbles 1010.9
I'm confused in your calculation of the average. Is that some kind of new math you're using?

Wheelhouse Wheelhouse LSBPR TOTAL 45 AVG. PICK STRENGTH 5.01.3 Donutz Cereal 22.8 Corn Pops 43.3 Raisin Bran 104.8 Special K 75.3 Frosted Rice Krispies 56.8 Rice Krispies Treats Cereal 47.3 Pac Man 48.8 Cinnamon Mini-Buns Cereal 69.3 Waffle-O's 510.8

ffweasel ffweasel LSBPR TOTAL 51 AVG. PICK STRENGTH 5.661.1 Frosted Flakes 10 2.1 Wheaties 93.1 Waffle Crisp 54.1 Frosted Cheerios 55.1 Kix 46.1 Kaboom 77.1 Mueslix 58.1 Urkel-O's 69.1 Hemp Plus Granola 010.1
A 0 for Hemp Plus Granola????Are you out of your flocking mind??

Iwannabeacowboybaby! LSBPR TOTAL 58 AVG. PICK STRENGTH 6.441.4 Fruit Loops 9 2.7 Trix 83.4 Count Chocula 74.7 Life 75.4 Smorz 66.7 Cinnamon Marshallow Scooby-Doo 27.4 Team Cheerios 38.7 Fruit Brute 99.4 Ice Cream Cones 710.7

ffweasel                                          ffweasel LSBPR  TOTAL 51                                                      AVG. PICK STRENGTH  5.661.1 Frosted Flakes            10  2.1 Wheaties                    93.1 Waffle Crisp                54.1 Frosted Cheerios          55.1 Kix                              46.1 Kaboom                      77.1 Mueslix                        58.1 Urkel-O's                    69.1 Hemp Plus Granola      010.1
A 0 for Hemp Plus Granola????Are you out of your flocking mind??
HEY!!!!!!Its my scorecard!!!I cannot imagine, here or in any parallel universe where someone would want to eat this cereal, much less that this cereal would exist as one of the top 100 greatest cereals of all time.

I am done with my lunch, I will post the rest of the The All Time Cereal Draft Loan Sharks Breakfast Power Rankings when I get a chance.

Iwannabeacowboybaby! LSBPR TOTAL 58 AVG. PICK STRENGTH 6.441.4 Fruit Loops 9 2.7 Trix 83.4 Count Chocula 74.7 Life 75.4 Smorz 66.7 Cinnamon Marshallow Scooby-Doo 27.4 Team Cheerios 38.7 Fruit Brute 99.4 Ice Cream Cones 710.7
Thanks for critiquing my draft. I thought you were a little rough on a couple of them, but if you ever get a chance to taste Team Cheerios, you'll wonder why you scored it a 3 out of 10.

Iwannabeacowboybaby!                    LSBPR  TOTAL 58                                                      AVG. PICK STRENGTH 6.441.4 Fruit Loops                                    9 2.7 Trix                                              83.4 Count Chocula                              74.7 Life                                              75.4 Smorz                                          66.7 Cinnamon Marshallow Scooby-Doo  27.4 Team Cheerios                              38.7 Fruit Brute                                    99.4 Ice Cream Cones                          710.7
Thanks for critiquing my draft. I thought you were a little rough on a couple of them, but if you ever get a chance to taste Team Cheerios, you'll wonder why you scored it a 3 out of 10.
Your two picks I was most critical were team Cheerios. My feeling on the Team Cheerios was that there were actually better Cheerio options left at this point in the draft. Also I view the Team Cheerios as a low tier healthy cereal. That late in the draft I was looking for fringe and specialty cereals, I liken the pick of team Cheerios to taking a mediocre WR as a backup instead of taking a flyer on a RB prospect. That being said I like tha guts of the Scooby Doo pick. The problem with this is that I felt there were TONS of better picks at this point Mr. T being the prime example of a specialty cereal. Ok so maybe you like the Scooby Doo ALOT, but man Cinnaman??? Scooby Doo that even narrowed the universal appeal further. Fuit Brute= Excellent Pick Scoring a Viable Monster Cereal with cinemagraphic ties that late in the Draft, beauty.

coco-Roos, cheap version of coco puffs.
I think that's another one that's going to get denied.
I'm just saying you can't select "Post raisin bran" if someone has also selected "raisin bran". Also, no Malt o'meal or other generics.
Coco Roos are Malt-O-Meal.
Good point. Rikishi, you might want to pick another.
In that case I will take Scooby- Doo Berry Bones
Does this even exist? I did a quick search with no luck. At this point, we're moving on and I'm giving you this cereal, assuming you can provide some proof of its existence.My pick shortly...

Remaining picks:9.7 IndividuallyWrapedKraftSingles 9.8 Keerock 9.9 Idiot Boxer 9.10 Fuller 10.1 Fuller 10.2 Idiot Boxer 10.3 Keerock 10.4 IndividuallyWrapedKraftSingles 10.5 shuke 10.6 rikishiboy 10.7 Iwannabeacowboybaby! 10.8 Wheelhouse 10.9 3MTA3 10.10 ffweasel

It's like 6:00AM in Japan. Maybe rikishi will be waking up soon and make his pick.
I hope so. I've got major cereal draft anxiety going on, with 2 great sleepers left to fill out my roster. I like one much better, but am thinking on passing on it in hopes it'll slip to me in the 10th. This is all I've thought about all day. I'd like to make my pick and be done with it.
Gotta know, Shuke...which of the 2 great sleepers was Donkey Kong...the one you really wanted, or did you decide to let that one go until round 10.I think the best thing you have going on this pick is the picture of kong about to throw a barrel at the blurry children.

It's like 6:00AM in Japan. Maybe rikishi will be waking up soon and make his pick.
I hope so. I've got major cereal draft anxiety going on, with 2 great sleepers left to fill out my roster. I like one much better, but am thinking on passing on it in hopes it'll slip to me in the 10th. This is all I've thought about all day. I'd like to make my pick and be done with it.
Gotta know, Shuke...which of the 2 great sleepers was Donkey Kong...the one you really wanted, or did you decide to let that one go until round 10.I think the best thing you have going on this pick is the picture of kong about to throw a barrel at the blurry children.
I passed on the one I really want, which is definitely in my personal top 10 of all time, as I'm gambling that it'll be there in the 10th.

I haven't read one post in this thread.Anyway, I am eating my bowl of generic kangaroo frosted mini-wheaties and I realized what a great thread this is. I'm blocking off my morning to read through it.Genius.

I've got 2 of my all time favorites yet to draft and I'm torn as to which one will possibly be left in the last round. I have no way to know what will go since they are right next to one another on my cheatsheet. So... I'll go with the one I had the most as a kid...

Bar none, the best tasting milk-leftovers EVAH, and a darn tastey cereal in it's own right:

9.8 Pink Panther Flakes

At this point in the draft, I am lacking in a) Cinnamon Cereals and b) Something from the Cap'n Crunch family of cereals...

With pick 9.09, I select Jean LaFoote's Cinnamon Crunch Cereal

This was potentially my favorite cereal from the Seafaring Cereals. Highly underrated and less painful to the roof of your mouth.

I'm just saying you can't select "Post raisin bran" if someone has also selected "raisin bran". Also' date=' no Malt o'meal or other generics.[/quote']Coco Roos are Malt-O-Meal.
Does this even exist? I did a quick search with no luck.

At this point, we're moving on and I'm giving you this cereal, assuming you can provide some proof of its existence.

My pick shortly...
scooby doo berry bones

I've got 2 of my all time favorites yet to draft and I'm torn as to which one will possibly be left in the last round. I have no way to know what will go since they are right next to one another on my cheatsheet. So... I'll go with the one I had the most as a kid...

Bar none, the best tasting milk-leftovers EVAH, and a darn tastey cereal in it's own right:

9.8 Pink Panther Flakes
What a fabulous pick.

I'm just saying you can't select "Post raisin bran" if someone has also selected "raisin bran". Also' date=' no Malt o'meal or other generics.[/quote']Coco Roos are Malt-O-Meal.
Does this even exist? I did a quick search with no luck.

At this point, we're moving on and I'm giving you this cereal, assuming you can provide some proof of its existence.

My pick shortly...
scooby doo berry bones
:thumbup:

I can't find a picture, but there are plenty of links for it. Here's a nice description...

"Kinda like dark colored Frosted Flakes, but they were glazed with sugar, instead of covered in powdered sugar. They were more wheat flavored, and quite yummy."

9.10 Buc-Wheats OTAY!

9.8 Pink Panther Flakes
What a fabulous pick.
And a fabulous cereal :thumbup:

With the exception of the Hemp disasters, this has been a pretty solid run of cereals:8.7 Iwannabeacowboybaby! Fruit Brute8.8 Wheelhouse Cinnamon Mini-Buns Cereal8.9 3MTA3 Mr. T: The Cereal8.10 ffweasel Urkel-O's9.1 ffweasel Hemp Plus Granola9.2 3MTA3 Dino Pebbles9.3 Wheelhouse Waffle-O's 9.4 Iwannabeacowboybaby! Ice Cream Cones9.5 rikishiboy Scooby Doo Berry Bones9.6 shuke Donkey Kong9.7 IndividuallyWrapedKraftSingles Strawberry Blasted Honey Comb 9.8 Keerock Pink Panther Flakes 9.9 Idiot Boxer Jean LaFoote's Cinnamon Crunch CerealFuller up for 2.

With the quality of the cereals taken in the last round, I'm tempted to bump this thing to 12 rounds. :unsure:

I can't find a picture, but there are plenty of links for it. Here's a nice description...

"Kinda like dark colored Frosted Flakes, but they were glazed with sugar, instead of covered in powdered sugar. They were more wheat flavored, and quite yummy."

9.10 Buc-Wheats OTAY!
Absolutely. I have been thinking of this cereal since Round 2 but couldn't remember the name of it. Propers, Fuller. :hophead:

I'm gonna go away from the classics this time to round out my roster with a 2-in-1 category cereal fulfilling my needs of A. Fruit Cereal (Apple Jacks aren't really fruit you know) and B. An Up & Coming Rookie.

10.01 Berry Burst Cheerios

With the quality of the cereals taken in the last round, I'm tempted to bump this thing to 12 rounds. :unsure:
Do it! I've got at least a half dozen more classics!
Whatever you guys want to do. I've still got about 80 cereals left on my draft board so I'm game. But I'm afraid the draft might be losing some steam.

Users who are viewing this thread