What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All-time cereal draft (1 Viewer)

Nice run... 9.7, 9.8, 9.9 :thumbup:
No question, three all time favorites. Especially Pink Panther Flakes - those things have been out of production for at least 25 years and I can still taste them. Same with the Cinnamon Crunch for that matter. :thumbup:

I'm gonna go away from the classics this time to round out my roster with a 2-in-1 category cereal fulfilling my needs of A. Fruit Cereal (Apple Jacks aren't really fruit you know) and B. An Up & Coming Rookie.

10.01 Berry Burst Cheerios
...and there it is. :thumbup:

This stuff is great. There are real freeze-dried strawberries in here that reconstitute in the milk. This is middle round material, imo. Very solid draft going here.

(leaves only one sleeper on my board...something from the nostalgia category...)

I can't find a picture, but there are plenty of links for it. Here's a nice description...

"Kinda like dark colored Frosted Flakes, but they were glazed with sugar, instead of covered in powdered sugar. They were more wheat flavored, and quite yummy."

9.10 Buc-Wheats OTAY!
Absolutely. I have been thinking of this cereal since Round 2 but couldn't remember the name of it. Propers, Fuller. :hophead:
Thank you!
I'm gonna go away from the classics this time to round out my roster with a 2-in-1 category cereal fulfilling my needs of A. Fruit Cereal (Apple Jacks aren't really fruit you know) and B. An Up & Coming Rookie.

This stuff is great. There are real freeze-dried strawberries in here that reconstitute in the milk. This is middle round material, imo. Very solid draft going here.

(leaves only one sleeper on my board...something from the nostalgia category...)
and Thank you!

coco-Roos, cheap version of coco puffs.
I think that's another one that's going to get denied.

I'm just saying you can't select "Post raisin bran" if someone has also selected "raisin bran". Also' date=' no Malt o'meal or other generics.[/quote']Coco Roos are Malt-O-Meal.
Good point. Rikishi, you might want to pick another.
In that case I will take Scooby- Doo Berry Bones
Does this even exist? I did a quick search with no luck.

At this point, we're moving on and I'm giving you this cereal, assuming you can provide some proof of its existence.

My pick shortly...
scooby doo berry bones
what is the obsession you guys have with putting bones in your mouth? :confused:

not only does this "cereal" contain the offending bones, it also touts "thrilling mystery bits in each box".

ick :X

:goodposting:

With the exception of the Hemp disasters, this has been a pretty solid run of cereals:8.7 Iwannabeacowboybaby! Fruit Brute8.8 Wheelhouse Cinnamon Mini-Buns Cereal8.9 3MTA3 Mr. T: The Cereal8.10 ffweasel Urkel-O's9.1 ffweasel Hemp Plus Granola9.2 3MTA3 Dino Pebbles9.3 Wheelhouse Waffle-O's 9.4 Iwannabeacowboybaby! Ice Cream Cones9.5 rikishiboy Scooby Doo Berry Bones9.6 shuke Donkey Kong9.7 IndividuallyWrapedKraftSingles Strawberry Blasted Honey Comb 9.8 Keerock Pink Panther Flakes 9.9 Idiot Boxer Jean LaFoote's Cinnamon Crunch CerealFuller up for 2.
Your negative comments make you look very small..

With the exception of the Hemp disasters, this has been a pretty solid run of cereals:

8.7 Iwannabeacowboybaby! Fruit Brute

8.8 Wheelhouse Cinnamon Mini-Buns Cereal

8.9 3MTA3 Mr. T: The Cereal

8.10 ffweasel Urkel-O's

9.1 ffweasel Hemp Plus Granola

9.2 3MTA3 Dino Pebbles

9.3 Wheelhouse Waffle-O's

9.4 Iwannabeacowboybaby! Ice Cream Cones

9.5 rikishiboy Scooby Doo Berry Bones

9.6 shuke Donkey Kong

9.7 IndividuallyWrapedKraftSingles Strawberry Blasted Honey Comb

9.8 Keerock Pink Panther Flakes

9.9 Idiot Boxer Jean LaFoote's Cinnamon Crunch Cereal

Fuller up for 2.
Ask ! if he'll change your name to "HEMPert The Hippo"

With the exception of the Hemp disasters, this has been a pretty solid run of cereals:

8.10 ffweasel Urkel-O's

9.2 3MTA3 Dino Pebbles

9.6 shuke Donkey Kong

Fuller up for 2.
Nothing but a bunch of jealous cereal drafters..

8.10 ffweasel Urkel-O's

9.2 3MTA3 Dino Pebbles

9.6 shuke Donkey Kong

Fuller up for 2.
Hemp cereal: all the fiber, none of the THC. :(

8.10 ffweasel Urkel-O's

9.2 3MTA3 Dino Pebbles

9.6 shuke Donkey Kong

Fuller up for 2.
Yeah....but this was HEMP PLUS....

8.10 ffweasel Urkel-O's

9.2 3MTA3 Dino Pebbles

9.6 shuke Donkey Kong

Fuller up for 2.
should have gone with marijuana mallows.

8.10 ffweasel Urkel-O's

9.2 3MTA3 Dino Pebbles

9.6 shuke Donkey Kong

Fuller up for 2.
should have gone with marijuana mallows.
always partial to Chronic Crunch or Kind Krispies myself. sucks in milk though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm back. I need to know if we're doing 10 or 12 rounds, as it will probably influence how I pick here.
I was only going to go 12 if there was unanimous support, and it doesn't look like I'm going to get it, so 10.

Hmmmm.Tough call then. I've got one "area" that I have left relatively unaddressed, and I've got a cereal to address it. But it seems round 10 is slated for nostalgia picks. Quite the conundrum.

I can't find a picture, but there are plenty of links for it. Here's a nice description...

"Kinda like dark colored Frosted Flakes, but they were glazed with sugar, instead of covered in powdered sugar. They were more wheat flavored, and quite yummy."

9.10 Buc-Wheats OTAY!
The greatest all-time cereal, and a steal in the ninth round.I have been lurking and waiting for this pick to ask:

Can anyone still find these?

I've been contemplating how to set up the poll(s) for this. I don't want to just do one poll with all 10 teams, I'd like to go about three rounds. How do I set this up with 10 teams?I could go 1 vs. 2, 3 vs. 4, etc., and have the 5 winners plus 3 top vote-receiving losers for 8 teams, then go head-to-head to final 4 then championship.Or I could put all 10 in a poll, where top 5 move to next round, then top 2 from next poll would advance to championship.Any other suggestions?

I've been contemplating how to set up the poll(s) for this. I don't want to just do one poll with all 10 teams, I'd like to go about three rounds. How do I set this up with 10 teams?I could go 1 vs. 2, 3 vs. 4, etc., and have the 5 winners plus 3 top vote-receiving losers for 8 teams, then go head-to-head to final 4 then championship.Or I could put all 10 in a poll, where top 5 move to next round, then top 2 from next poll would advance to championship.Any other suggestions?
I like all 10 in a poll then move the top 5 on. That way if I'm the 4th best team and I just happen to be up against the best, I don't think it's fair that I be gone in the first round.

Are draft opinions allowed at this point? I see one clear frontrunner...
Go ahead, but please refrain from talking about undrafted cereals.
OK...If Idiot Boxer doesn't win, it's a sham. Cheerios and Krispies should have gone 1-2 and he got them both coming out of the 9 hole! That alone should be enough, but then he get Grape Nuts in round six? Are you kidding? Only two sugar cerials should have even sniffed round #1 (Apple Jacks/Froot Loops). You may be able to argue Charms or Pops in the first round, but I'm not buying it. And Wheaties falling to the end of round two is awful, so sad. And Raisin Bran falling to round three is even sadder.

I know I'm a bit old school on the sugar cerials, but c'mon people. :moneybag:

Are draft opinions allowed at this point? I see one clear frontrunner...
OK...If Idiot Boxer doesn't win, it's a sham. Cheerios and Krispies should have gone 1-2 and he got them both coming out of the 9 hole! That alone should be enough, but then he get Grape Nuts in round six? Are you kidding? Only two sugar cerials should have even sniffed round #1 (Apple Jacks/Froot Loops). You may be able to argue Charms or Pops in the first round, but I'm not buying it. And Wheaties falling to the end of round two is awful, so sad. And Raisin Bran falling to round three is even sadder.

Are draft opinions allowed at this point?  I see one clear frontrunner...

You gonna ####ing make a pick or what?

Well, nostalgia beats out practicality for my final pick.

With the final pick in the draft, I select: Smurfberry Crunch

Had a couple other ideas. Some derivative of cereals already taken, some healthier, but with less cultural context...but I went with one that resonated for me personally. Born in 1970, the Smurfs were part of my childhood and their cereal definitely part of my breakfast routine.

:bs: :rotflmao:

For my final pick, I'm going with another childhood favorite. I've filled my roster with the stud RBs, the chocolate, the fruity, the healthy choice, the nostalgic... now it's time for the 'one-of-a-kind' pick... the only grape flavored cereal I've ever seen/tasted.

10.03 Sir Grapefellow

Bonus: ALWAYS had really cool toys/prizes in the box

For my final pick, I'm going with another childhood favorite. I've filled my roster with the stud RBs, the chocolate, the fruity, the healthy choice, the nostalgic... now it's time for the 'one-of-a-kind' pick... the only grape flavored cereal I've ever seen/tasted.10.03 Sir GrapefellowBonus: ALWAYS had really cool toys/prizes in the box
Good pick. I debated on him and his enemy but went with the BB Cheerios instead.

Well, nostalgia beats out practicality for my final pick.With the final pick in the draft, I select: Smurfberry CrunchHad a couple other ideas. Some derivative of cereals already taken, some healthier, but with less cultural context...but I went with one that resonated for me personally. Born in 1970, the Smurfs were part of my childhood and their cereal definitely part of my breakfast routine.
Picks 7-10 are going to hurt you a bit though.

Well, nostalgia beats out practicality for my final pick.With the final pick in the draft, I select: Smurfberry CrunchHad a couple other ideas. Some derivative of cereals already taken, some healthier, but with less cultural context...but I went with one that resonated for me personally. Born in 1970, the Smurfs were part of my childhood and their cereal definitely part of my breakfast routine.
Picks 7-10 are going to hurt you a bit though.
You probably would have liked my other choice for Rd. 10 better.

:bs: you are wrong. cheerios and rice krispies are fine picks...1st round material for sure. but 1-2 in an All-time cereal draft. nuh-uh. i think i was in a isolated minority defending the kripsies pick even. may not bode too well for a vote in the forum.

idiot boxer does have a solid lineup though (except for Oh's, Mickey Magix, and the Smurf). he may be very tough to beat overall.

of course Wheelhouse still has another pick...to completely #### up this draft! :rotflmao: (sorry wheelie!)

I think I might post my team in the AC forum as a "Rate My team" thread.do you think I'll get good response?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

:bs: you are wrong. cheerios and rice krispies are fine picks...1st round material for sure. but 1-2 in an All-time cereal draft. nuh-uh.
Who can you justify going before either of those?

:bs: you are wrong. cheerios and rice krispies are fine picks...1st round material for sure. but 1-2 in an All-time cereal draft. nuh-uh. i think i was in a isolated minority defending the kripsies pick even. may not bode too well for a vote in the forum.

idiot boxer does have a solid lineup though (except for Oh's, Mickey Magix, and the Smurf). he may be very tough to beat overall.

of course Wheelhouse still has another pick...to completely #### up this draft! :rotflmao: (sorry wheelie!)
Are you related to that russian judge that got kicked out of the olympics for cheating?

Users who are viewing this thread