What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All-time cereal draft (1 Viewer)

With Smurfberry Crunch taken, I'm on tilt. I've got about 5-6 cereals I'm considering now although I had previously narrowed it down to 1 in case SBC had been taken. Don't want to blow it here in the last round.Cereal draft anxiety at an all-time high.
:brush:

First marshmallow cereal is in round 2? You guys are too mature for this draft.
Not so. If you use VBD, you can get a top quality marshmellow cereal later in the draft. The preponderance of marshmellow cereals and the relatively close value between them lessens the urgency to select one earlier in the draft.

There is no doubt in my mind. Freakies was the absolute steal of the draft.edit to add: The "Free Freaky Inside" seals the deal.
Agree with this and the Golden Graham / Cinnamon Toast Crunch comment.Freakies was way outta left field, laying in dormant memory cells for decades until this thread. Bring back Freakies! Man, would that be too politically incorrect to have a cereal named Freakies now?Also although GG and CTC are both fine cereals, they do have kind of the same shape and texture. Although the taste may be distinct enough not to cause penalty. Under review.

Not so. If you use VBD, you can get a top quality marshmellow cereal later in the draft. The preponderance of marshmellow cereals and the relatively close value between them lessens the urgency to select one earlier in the draft.
:rotflmao:

Regarding vote format, I don't think you can break out specific cereals.I picked my team from an "overall team concept" I think teams need to be considered as such.

Regarding vote format, I don't think you can break out specific cereals.I picked my team from an "overall team concept" I think teams need to be considered as such.
Good point.Maybe then we have several brackets... one for each 'position'1) Classics2) Sugary3) Cinnamon4) Chocolate5) Nostalgic...

Only rule I can think of is you can not draft generics or "same" cereals. For instance, only one Corn Flakes will be allowed, not Post Corn Flakes or Kellogg's or whatever. And no generic knock-offs either.
These were the only rules of the draft.......so i think you just throw out the 10 teams and let the people vote on who has the best teams.They are voting on the All Time Cereal Draft.......which team has the best.To go making the categories up now after the draft is completed doesn't even make sense. Owners would have drafted completely different to fill spots or get stronger in other areas if that were going to be the case. The draft is what it is.

ffweasel ffweasel LSBPR TOTAL 51AVG. PICK STRENGTH 5.661.1 Frosted Flakes 10 2.1 Wheaties 93.1 Waffle Crisp 54.1 Frosted Cheerios 55.1 Kix 46.1 Kaboom 77.1 Mueslix 58.1 Urkel-O's 69.1 Hemp Plus Granola 010.1 3MTA3 LSBPR TOTAL 58AVG PICK STENGTH 6.441.2 Total (whole grain, blue box) 72.9 Cookie Crisp 4 3.2 Honeycombs 84.9 Cap'n Crunchberries 85.2 Honey Bunches of Oats (Honey Roasted) 56.9 Weetabix 47.2 Nerds 3 8.9 Mr. T: The Cereal 99.2 Dino Pebbles 1010.9 Wheelhouse Wheelhouse LSBPR TOTAL 45AVG. PICK STRENGTH 5.01.3 Donutz Cereal 22.8 Corn Pops 43.3 Raisin Bran 104.8 Special K 75.3 Frosted Rice Krispies 56.8 Rice Krispies Treats Cereal 47.3 Pac Man 48.8 Cinnamon Mini-Buns Cereal 69.3 Waffle-O's 510.8 Iwannabeacowboybaby! LSBPR TOTAL 58AVG. PICK STRENGTH 6.441.4 Fruit Loops 9 2.7 Trix 83.4 Count Chocula 74.7 Life 75.4 Smorz 66.7 Cinnamon Marshallow Scooby-Doo 27.4 Team Cheerios 38.7 Fruit Brute 99.4 Ice Cream Cones 710.7 shuke LSBPR TOTAL 59 AVG PICK STRENGTH 6.551.6 Cinnamon Toast Crunch 52.5 Golden Grahams 93.6 Sugar Smacks/Honey Smacks/Smacks 94.5 Booberry 75.6 Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs 76.5 Crispix 67.6 Frosted Wheaties 58.5 Cinnamon Life 59.6 Donkey Kong 610.5 rikishiboy LSBPR TOTAL 51 AVG PICK STRENGTH 5.661.5 Frosted Mini Wheats 62.6 Honey Nut Cheerios 83.5 Corn Flakes 104.6 Frosted Shredded Wheat 85.5 Rice Chex 96.6 Banana Nut Bran 47.5 Almond Delight 48.6 Just Right 59.5 Scooby Doo Berry Bones 510.6 IndividuallyWrapedKraftSingles LSBPR TOTAL 55 AVG PICK STRENGTH 6.111.7 Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch 72.4 Cocoa Krispies 53.7 Oreo O's (pre-marshmallow) 44.4 Frosted Mini Chex 65.7 Homer's Cinnamon Donut Cereal 56.4 French Toast Crunch 57.7 Nesquik 88.4 Cap'n Crunch Choco Doughnuts 79.7 Strawberry Blasted Honey Comb 810.4Keerock LSBPR TOTAL 70 AVG PICK STRENGTH 7.001.8 Cap'n Crunch 102.3 Lucky Charms 103.8 Cocoa Puffs 104.3 Quisp 65.8 Berry Berry Kix 56.3 King Vitamin 6 7.8 Puffed Wheat 58.3 Mini Swirlz Cinnamon Bun Cereal 49.8 Pink Panther Flakes 810.3 Sir Grapefellow 6Idiot Boxer LSBPR TOTAL 64 AVG PICK STRENGTH 6.401.9 Cheerios 92.2 Rice Krispies 93.9 Cocoa Pebbles 74.2 Frankenberry 65.9 Quaker Oh's 46.2 Grape Nuts 67.9 Kellog's Disney Mickey Magix Cereal 38.2 Kellogg's Disney Mud and Bugs 59.9 Jean LaFoote's Cinnamon Crunch Cereal 510.2 Smurfberry Crunch 10Fuller LSBPR TOTAL 69 AVG PICK STRENGTH 6.901.10 Apple Jacks 72.1 Fruity Pebbles 73.10 Sugar Crisp/Super Crisp/Golden 84.1 Alpha-Bits 65.10 Nut 'N' Honey 96.1 Apple Cinnamnon Cheerios 57.10 Kelloggs Granola 58.1 Freakies 109.10 Buc-Wheats 810.1 Berry Burst Cheerios 4LOAN SHARKS ALL TIME CEREAL DRAFT BREAFAST POWER RANKINGSKEEROCK 70 7.00FULLER 69 6.90SHUKE 59 6.553MTA3 58 6.44IWBACB 58 6.44IDIOT BOXER 64 6.40IWKS 55 5.50FFWEASEL 51 5.66RIKISHIBOY 51 5.66WHEELHOUSE 45 5.00

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm noticing a few very key omissions.BTW, "Kellogg's Disney Mud and Bugs".. wtf is with this pick?
don't stop your WTF's there...plenty to choose from! :rotflmao:
definitely..FRUIT BRUTE??
you just lost all cereal cred.
Agreed.It happened, Pickles.
a lesser monster cereal to be sure, but a monster cereal nonetheless.
There's still another :yes:
OOO....OOO.... I know what it is..

This reminds me of a line from A River Runs Through It, modified slightly.Nobody who doesn't know how to spell marshmallow should ever disgrace a marshmallow cereal by selecting it.

I'm noticing a few very key omissions.BTW, "Kellogg's Disney Mud and Bugs".. wtf is with this pick?
It might not cut it under shuke's tough guidelines.

This reminds me of a line from A River Runs Through It, modified slightly.Nobody who doesn't know how to spell marshmallow should ever disgrace a marshmallow cereal by selecting it.
Mellow out.I'm cerealliously happy with my draft and nothing you can say will change it.

The fifth monster cereal is like the ******* child of the monster cereal family.

Don't worry, there will not be different categories. Teams will be voted upon based on their entire draft. I'm just trying to figure out how to set up the poll(s).

Remaining picks:10.4 IndividuallyWrapedKraftSingles 10.5 shuke 10.6 rikishiboy 10.7 Iwannabeacowboybaby! 10.8 Wheelhouse 10.9 3MTA3 10.10 ffweasel

The fifth monster cereal is like the ******* child of the monster cereal family.
i would say Fruit Brute was the ******* child of the monster cereal family.the remaining choice would be the red-headed ******* step-child of the family.go elsewhere! dont reach, just because it is a monster! it's like drafting JR Redmond just because he is a RB!

Idiot Boxer LSBPR TOTAL 64 AVG PICK STRENGTH 6.401.9 Cheerios 92.2 Rice Krispies 93.9 Cocoa Pebbles 74.2 Frankenberry 65.9 Quaker Oh's 46.2 Grape Nuts 67.9 Kellog's Disney Mickey Magix Cereal 38.2 Kellogg's Disney Mud and Bugs 59.9 Jean LaFoote's Cinnamon Crunch Cereal 510.2 Smurfberry Crunch 10
It is obvious to me your bias against the healthier cereals.Cheerios is the LaDanian Tomlinson of the draft. No way it should be down at 1.09 and to get it there is at minimum a 10. To rate it any less is a shamockery.

Idiot Boxer LSBPR TOTAL 64 AVG PICK STRENGTH 6.401.9 Cheerios 92.2 Rice Krispies 93.9 Cocoa Pebbles 74.2 Frankenberry 65.9 Quaker Oh's 46.2 Grape Nuts 67.9 Kellog's Disney Mickey Magix Cereal 38.2 Kellogg's Disney Mud and Bugs 59.9 Jean LaFoote's Cinnamon Crunch Cereal 510.2 Smurfberry Crunch 10
It is obvious to me your bias against the healthier cereals.Cheerios is the LaDanian Tomlinson of the draft. No way it should be down at 1.09 and to get it there is at minimum a 10. To rate it any less is a shamockery.
don't worry. his system is f'ed up. no one is listening.(you did get a 10 on the smurf choice though. so he messed up on both ends of the spectrum) :wall:

The only healty choice I bagged on was the Quaker Oh's. because well they suck and you could have gotten them later if you were looking for a backup healty cereal there were better choices. The Disney Magix in the 7th was a bad pick. Sure it is the start of specialty/gimmick cereal rounds but this pick is like when the run on TE's start you grab a TE and its Chad Lewis bypassing better cereals. Some one said it "You need kids to appreciate this choice." I have no kids, therefore I don't appreciate it. This cereal does not have widespread appeal.This is after all a popularity contest.

Idiot Boxer                                              LSBPR TOTAL  64

AVG PICK STRENGTH  6.40

1.9 Cheerios                                                9

2.2 Rice Krispies                                          9

3.9 Cocoa Pebbles                                        7

4.2 Frankenberry                                          6

5.9 Quaker Oh's                                          4

6.2 Grape Nuts                                            6

7.9 Kellog's Disney Mickey Magix Cereal        3

8.2 Kellogg's Disney Mud and Bugs                5

9.9 Jean LaFoote's Cinnamon Crunch Cereal    5

10.2 Smurfberry Crunch                                10
The only healty choice I bagged on was the Quaker Oh's. because well they suck and you could have gotten them later if you were looking for a backup healty cereal there were better choices. The Disney Magix in the 7th was a bad pick. Sure it is the start of specialty/gimmick cereal rounds but this pick is like when the run on TE's start you grab a TE and its Chad Lewis bypassing better cereals.

Some one said it "You need kids to appreciate this choice." I have no kids, therefore I don't appreciate it. This cereal does not have widespread appeal.

This is after all a popularity contest.
the gumby shark makes some excellent points. i do, however, respectfully disagree with many of his evaluations. :P

Idiot Boxer                                              LSBPR TOTAL  64                                                              AVG PICK STRENGTH  6.401.9 Cheerios                                                92.2 Rice Krispies                                          93.9 Cocoa Pebbles                                        74.2 Frankenberry                                          65.9 Quaker Oh's                                          46.2 Grape Nuts                                            67.9 Kellog's Disney Mickey Magix Cereal        38.2 Kellogg's Disney Mud and Bugs                59.9 Jean LaFoote's Cinnamon Crunch Cereal    510.2 Smurfberry Crunch                                10
The only healty choice I bagged on was the Quaker Oh's. because well they suck and you could have gotten them later if you were looking for a backup healty cereal there were better choices. The Disney Magix in the 7th was a bad pick. Sure it is the start of specialty/gimmick cereal rounds but this pick is like when the run on TE's start you grab a TE and its Chad Lewis bypassing better cereals. Some one said it "You need kids to appreciate this choice." I have no kids, therefore I don't appreciate it. This cereal does not have widespread appeal.This is after all a popularity contest.
Well, I was hoping that there were more judges out there who do have kids, because the Magix cereal is cereal gold. Taste-wise it is a steal at that point in the draft. I do recognize, however, that it doesn't have the same social resonance amongst FFA posters...I think it a solid, if not spectacular, pick that addressed my needs for a toasted oat and marshmAllow cereal.Giving Cheerios and RK anything less than a 10 based upon where they were drafted is panning them.A 6 for Grape Nuts in the 6th round? How is that not bagging?and I, personally, love Ohs.

Idiot Boxer                                              LSBPR TOTAL   64                                                              AVG PICK STRENGTH  6.401.9 Cheerios                                                92.2 Rice Krispies                                          93.9 Cocoa Pebbles                                        74.2 Frankenberry                                          65.9 Quaker Oh's                                           46.2 Grape Nuts                                             67.9 Kellog's Disney Mickey Magix Cereal         38.2 Kellogg's Disney Mud and Bugs                 59.9 Jean LaFoote's Cinnamon Crunch Cereal    510.2 Smurfberry Crunch                                10
Well, I was hoping that there were more judges out there who do have kids, because the Magix cereal is cereal gold. Taste-wise it is a steal at that point in the draft. I do recognize, however, that it doesn't have the same social resonance amongst FFA posters...I think it a solid, if not spectacular, pick that addressed my needs for a toasted oat and marshmAllow cereal.Giving Cheerios and RK anything less than a 10 based upon where they were drafted is panning them.A 6 for Grape Nuts in the 6th round? How is that not bagging?and I, personally, love Ohs.
Stop trying to defend your crappy picks....

Idiot Boxer                                              LSBPR TOTAL  64                                                              AVG PICK STRENGTH  6.401.9 Cheerios                                                92.2 Rice Krispies                                          93.9 Cocoa Pebbles                                        74.2 Frankenberry                                          65.9 Quaker Oh's                                          46.2 Grape Nuts                                            67.9 Kellog's Disney Mickey Magix Cereal        38.2 Kellogg's Disney Mud and Bugs                59.9 Jean LaFoote's Cinnamon Crunch Cereal    510.2 Smurfberry Crunch                                10
Smurfberry Crap.....a 10?????????You sir are unfit to judge cereal......

Maybe the way we judge the teams is to put a poll out for each cereal chosen having FBGs rate them from 1-5. Add e'm up to find the winner.

Maybe the way we judge the teams is to put a poll out for each cereal chosen having FBGs rate them from 1-5. Add e'm up to find the winner.
:rotflmao:
I'm funny how? I mean funny, like I'ma clown? I amuse you? I make youlaugh? I'm here to f***in' amuse you? What do you mean, funny? Funny how?

Idiot Boxer                                              LSBPR TOTAL   64                                                              AVG PICK STRENGTH  6.401.9 Cheerios                                                92.2 Rice Krispies                                          93.9 Cocoa Pebbles                                        74.2 Frankenberry                                          65.9 Quaker Oh's                                           46.2 Grape Nuts                                             67.9 Kellog's Disney Mickey Magix Cereal         38.2 Kellogg's Disney Mud and Bugs                 59.9 Jean LaFoote's Cinnamon Crunch Cereal    510.2 Smurfberry Crunch                                10
Smurfberry Crap.....a 10?????????You sir are unfit to judge cereal......
Smurfberry crap was actually a delicious cereal. It has high name recognition and even if you never had any you know what it is. This is a prototype last pick in the draft. in the 10th round we are looking for one dimensional homerun hitters, sure its like Dante Hall he may never start for you but on the off chance he does play offense he could be HUGE. In the last round I don't want to see some wheat sticks and chunks 4th string health crud, I want pizazz and fireworks!

How does this look like for a polling structure to decide the champ?Poll 1: all 10 rosters, top 6 advance.Poll 2: top 4 advancePoll 3: top 2 advancePoll 4: champion decidedIs that too many? Will people tire of voting for this after 1 or 2 polls?Is having all 10 rosters in the first poll entirely too much information for voters to sift through?

Users who are viewing this thread