What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***GameBreakers*** IDP Vet Draft (1 Viewer)

New IDP Dynasty league started by Bob Magaw & GringoLoco. Many FBGs involved. The league has some interesting twists...

GameBreakers Draft

43 man rosters

8 offensive starters (1 QB, 0-2 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 1 PK)

11 IDP starters (1-2 DT, 2 DE, 3-4 LB, 2 CB, 2-3 S)

Bonus points for long TDs range 6-10 pts / TD

Heavy scoring for IDP impact plays: 5pt sacks/INTs, safety 6pt, Def/ST TD over 40yds = 10pts

EDIT TO ADD: Looks like the announcement to start took the 1.01 owners off guard... Draft will likely begin Thursday... Like we don't know who the #1 is gonna be... :excited: :wall: :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbup: This should be interesting to say the least.As the league knows, I'm trying to move up from the 14/15 spot, without much luck yet. Maybe as the draft moves, owners will be more willing. I like the draft slot, only because of the 1.01 which comes with it, but on the whole, being at the turn may prove challenging.

Can someone translate the team names? I can't figure out who owns the team named "Aaron Rudnicki."OZ, I was wondering if you were Jayhawk. I guess so.Did Purplehaze move up to get a second first round pick? That's opposite of how he's done his two Zealots drafts.

:thumbup: This should be interesting to say the least.As the league knows, I'm trying to move up from the 14/15 spot, without much luck yet. Maybe as the draft moves, owners will be more willing. I like the draft slot, only because of the 1.01 which comes with it, but on the whole, being at the turn may prove challenging.
I'd stay where you are.TomlinsonMcGaheeAlexanderJamesMcAllisterManningDDavisPortisJJonesKJonesAGreenCulpepperLewisMossYou get at least one, probably two of those (someone will pick a player off this list like CBrown, Tiki, Jackson, Bell, LJohnson, CJohnson, etc.).

I'd stay where you are.TomlinsonMcGaheeAlexanderJamesMcAllisterManningDDavisPortisJJonesKJonesAGreenCulpepperLewisMossYou get at least one, probably two of those (someone will pick a player off this list like CBrown, Tiki, Jackson, Bell, LJohnson, CJohnson, etc.).
I'd bank on getting Tomlinson. :yes:

Yeah, I probably will remain with the 14/15, but there's a couple in your list that I don't want. Maybe someone else will before me.

Can someone translate the team names? I can't figure out who owns the team named "Aaron Rudnicki."OZ, I was wondering if you were Jayhawk. I guess so.Did Purplehaze move up to get a second first round pick? That's opposite of how he's done his two Zealots drafts.
Barry Jive gave up Year 2004 Draft Pick 1.10;Year 2004 Draft Pick 6.05Purplehaze67 gave up Year 2004 Draft Pick 2.08;Year 2004 Draft Pick 3.07 Better trade for BJ&U5 than I was offering.

Did Purplehaze move up to get a second first round pick? That's opposite of how he's done his two Zealots drafts.
Yep, and that's a testament to the overall strength of this crew. Don't see much probability for players to fall and thus providing extra value for trading back. I expect things to go pretty much by the book, so I figured it best to double up on elites here.

I expect things to go pretty much by the book...
Man, are you in for a shock! ;)
I was surprised Haze didn't hold me hostage after wondering why he moved down in the Z25 draft. :excited: I probably would have been happy with the 1.10, but I think I'll be happier with 5 picks between #19 and #47.I'm still trying to figure out what the co-owners on the 1.01 are debating. It's not like this conversation couldn't have been completed right after the draft order was set a week+ ago.I think it should be a rule that Left coast teams are not allowed to hold the #1 selection. That should be reserved for EST drafters. :lol:

Can someone translate the team names? I can't figure out who owns the team named "Aaron Rudnicki."
1 Blitzkrieg914 & RatPack2 Reg

3 Rudnicki

4 Sideline Merc

5 Gringoloco & Bob Magaw

6 Cobalt Cruisin

7 PurpleHaze

8 Schniz (Warroom) - don't know FBG handle

9 De-Cleater

10 Barry Jive & the Uptown Five

11 Fighting Wombat

12 Bloom

13 StormChaser & Eagle Eye

14 OZ (aka Jayhawk)

The ones I'm most familiar with

Don't we have our own thread for this?
We're trying to suck-up as much bandwidth as we can.
:lol:Although this thread is more for others to comment on our draft.I'll try to keep the personal comments on the other board, but when there's only been 2 picks so far, we're BORED! ;)

I did it again. :bag: After taking Peyton Manning #2 overall in the WSL draft, I just grabbed him at #3 overall here.His value in this scoring system is off the charts, IMO. With the ability to start 0 RBs in this league, and a bonus for long TDs, RBs just don't seem as essential.

I had a similar train of thought Rude, but instead of getting labeled a homer(I won't name names), I went with my gut.

TomlinsonMcGaheeManningMcNabbCulpepperJamesKJonesHmm - odd to see McNabb taken over Culpepper.

TomlinsonMcGaheeManningMcNabbCulpepperJamesKJonesHmm - odd to see McNabb taken over Culpepper.
It's understanable, with the chemistty in Philly and the possibility of change in both teams at WR soon. (not likely IMO for Pep, but possible)I couldn't take McNabb though, he's a Syracuse grad :yucky: (there's only one Syracuse player I've ever owned)

Hmm - odd to see McNabb taken over Culpepper.
Owner appears to be worried about the loss of Moss and it's effect.....Interesting thing about Culpepper without Moss. Completions, Attempts and INTs per game averages all stayed the same. But without Moss in the lineup, Culpepper average ~96 fewer yards and 0.9 fewer TDs per game.Maybe Donovan is the safer play? At 1.04, he better be... :excited:

Hmm - odd to see McNabb taken over Culpepper.
Interesting thing about Culpepper without Moss. Completions, Attempts and INTs per game averages all stayed the same. But without Moss in the lineup, Culpepper average ~96 fewer yards and 0.9 fewer TDs per game.
Culpepper did almost nothing the first couple games Moss was out, but then he got used to being without him and actually excelled.

I laughed when purplehaze said he expected this draft to go normally... those rules aren't going to lend themselves to a standard draft.

I laughed when purplehaze said he expected this draft to go normally... those rules aren't going to lend themselves to a standard draft.
Aloow me to clarify -- not "by the book" in a normal sense, but "by the book" in that drafters are not going to allow value to remain on the board too much past where it belongs. The scoring and lineup requirements will shuffle players around from where they'd likely go in a ZF draft, but I don't expect to see tons of great bargains staring me in the face round after round.

Okay, makes a lot more sense now. I agree that they won't let value fall, but the draft's going to be pretty unpredictable due to the scoring system IMO. At least, I wouldn't have predicted Gates in the first round, even if it makes sense. I'm too programmed to take the best available RB in the first round.

True. But can Gates keep up that pace? How many top years does Gonzo have left?
1) yes gates can keep up that pace. he knows how to use his size and athletic ability to get an advantage on any sort of coverage2) gonzo is 29, i think he has at least 3-4 more elite seasons left in him.

True. But can Gates keep up that pace? How many top years does Gonzo have left?
I was surprised to see Gonzo go in RD1 for just that reason, the age factor. They did go in the right order, IMO Gates & Gonzo.Maybe it will be useful to post the scoring rules with a few highlights...

THE BASICS

Starting lineup

1QB

0-2RB

3-5WR

1-3TE

(total of 6 RB,WR,TE)

Total Of 8 on offense within above parameters

2DE

1-2DT

3-4LB

2CB

2-3S

Total of 11 on defense within above parameters

Scoring

Offense:

Passing TD = 6 pts 0-19 yards

Passing TD = 8 pts 20-39 yards

Passing TD = 10 pts 40+ yards

Rushing TD = 6 pts 0-9 yards

Rushing TD = 8 pts 10-39 yards

Rushing TD = 10 pts 40+ yards

Receiving TD = 6 pts 0-19 yards

Receiving TD = 8 pts 20-39 yards

Receiving TD = 10 pts 40+ yards

INT = (-2) pts

QB yardage (passing, rushing) = .05 per yard

RB yardage (passing, rushing, receiving) = .10 per yard

RB receptions = .5 per catch

WR yardage (passing, rushing, receiving)= .10 per yard

WR receptions = 1 pt per catch

TE yardage (all)= .15 per yard

TE receptions = 1.5 pt per catch

Offensive Fumbles Lost = -2 pts

Defense:

Tackle = 1.6 pts

Assist = 0.8 pts

INT = 5 pts

Sack = 5 pts

Half-sack = 2.5 pts

Safety = 6 pts

Forced fumble = 3 pts

Recovered fumble = 2 pts

Passes defended = 1 pt

Blocked FG or punt = 3 pts

Defensive touchdowns – (includes kickoff, punt, blocked FG, fumble, INT return TD) =

0-39 yards = 6 pts

40+ yards = 10 pts

Kicking:

FG 0-39 yards = 3 pts

FG 40-49 yards = 5 pts

FG 50+ yards = 7 pts

Missed FG = -2 pts

XP = 1 pt

Missed XP = -1 pt

please tell me what gates showed you last year that suggests he wont keep it up. people are ready to anoint kevin jones and willis mcgahee as the next great stud RBs with only a half season of excellence under their belts, and gates goes out and dominates all year, including a game tying TD catch in the playoffs with under a minute left, a big time play, and people are saying "can he keep it up?"why arent you saying that about KJ or mcgahee or jackson? is it only because gates wasnt a 1st round pick? because i cant figure out the difference.

please tell me what gates showed you last year that suggests he wont keep it up. people are ready to anoint kevin jones and willis mcgahee as the next great stud RBs with only a half season of excellence under their belts, and gates goes out and dominates all year, including a game tying TD catch in the playoffs with under a minute left, a big time play, and people are saying "can he keep it up?"why arent you saying that about KJ or mcgahee or jackson? is it only because gates wasnt a 1st round pick? because i cant figure out the difference.
Who's his QB going to be this season?

Don't get me wrong, I like Gates quite a bit. But, he did have a lot of things go right last year. If the QB play isn't at the same level or if SD finds a WR to step in and take some balls away from him, his numbers could slip.Just a little too much risk for me this high. But, who knows...I could be be hosing my team by trading up and going RB/RB in this format.

With that scoring system there is no doubt that Gonzo and Gates are first rounders. Gonzalez has at least 2 and probably 4 big seasons left. The drop off for tight ends after those two guys is tremendous when you take into account consistent production and injury concerns.

please tell me what gates showed you last year that suggests he wont keep it up.
I think Gates is the real deal. The reasons against him "keeping it up" might include having a healthier and better WR core (McCardell there all year), the general feeling that it's awfully tough for a guy to break records again for his position (receptions), and the fact that other teams might eventually counter his productivity, however slightly.But I agree that Gates should be a great one for many years. I just doubt he can match last season more than once or twice more in his career.

8 and 80 with a short TD from a TE is equal to12 and 120 with a short TD from a WRis equal to220 total yards, 4 rec and a short TD from a RBfor those of you that like equivalencies.

In this format starting 3 TE's makes a lot of sense to me. It will be interesting to see when Heap, Witten, Shockey, and Winslow come off the board.

In this format starting 3 TE's makes a lot of sense to me. It will be interesting to see when Heap, Witten, Shockey, and Winslow come off the board.
:yes: i was fully ready to go gates/gonzo at 12 and 17 if the opportunity came up.

Users who are viewing this thread