What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** WHITE SOX THREAD (1 Viewer)

As a fan used to losing YEAR IN, YEAR OUT I'm still far from convinced the magical move to small ball was the right way to go, but I'd rather be 2-0 than 0-2. :thumbup:

As a fan used to losing YEAR IN, YEAR OUT I'm still far from convinced the magical move to small ball was the right way to go, but I'd rather be 2-0 than 0-2. :thumbup:
I think we have to see what "small ball" can do for this club. The other alternative was just not getting the job done.

Better starting and relief pitching, better defense and overall team speed and not that big a dropoff in power with the addition of Pirzinski and Dye. Still skeptical but as always optimistic this time of year. Go Sox.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be the biggest White Sox fan of all time, but I am still highly skeptical of this team. Great comeback today though, but their offense needs to step it up big time. Losing 2 of their best hitters is going to take a toll on their offense all year, and their pitchers aren't going to be able to only give up 1-2 runs every game.But I can't argue with the start --Indians = :own3d: so far... :rotflmao:

They'll be lucky to finish third.
:rolleyes:
lucky, i tells you.
Who is going to finish ahead of them...Minny and .....
everyone but KC. :yes:
:confused: :confused: Last time I checked there are 5 teams in the division, so by your explanation they would be finishing in 4th :confused:

:no: :rotflmao:
I think hes saying that they'll finish 4th in his opinion so they'll be lucky to finish 3rd.
Right on, I missed the lucky to finish third part -- I thought it said they will finish 3rd :popcorn:

I'm not on the bandwagon, as I've been a fan since they signed Carlton Fisk.Nice 'small ball' mentality today with Konerko and Dye eh?2-0 is better than 1-1 in my world.

Trading Lee for Podsednik was almost as bad as Foulke for Koch.
For the ZILLIONTH time, it wasn't Lee for Pods. They also got Viszcaino and they freed up enough money to sign two other starters: Dye and El Duque

For the ZILLIONTH time, it wasn't Lee for Pods. They also got Viszcaino and they freed up enough money to sign two other starters: Dye and El Duque
Plus Sox players have noted that Carlos was a grade A ##### bag :thumbdown:

I loved Carlos Lee as a player, and I could care less what a few of his teammates thought about him. El Cabello is now a Cub Killer in Milwaukee. :)

I loved Carlos Lee as a player, and I could care less what a few of his teammates thought about him. El Cabello is now a Cub Killer in Milwaukee. :)
I agree, the guy had tons of talent and he was finally starting to field the ball decently. It is a shame they had to let him go, him and Mags both.

:rant: so much for running the table. I really thought the SOX were going to go 162-0. Can someone please look up and down line ups of all the teams in the AL and tell me if anyone is filled with household names? I do not know the exact numbers but I would imagine that Latin American players make up close to 50% of each team. In the words of Garrett Morris "Beisaball bien very very gooooood to meeeeee"!

Shingo's never going to be a dominant closer but he's the best we have. Man, letting Vizcaino hang out to dry was painful. I hate using guys for a third of the inning. 2-1's not bad, but that one hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread