What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DYNASTY - where do the Rookie IDP's fit in (1 Viewer)

dirtyhalos

capital letter hater!
1 Williams, Carnell RB TB2 Brown, Ronnie RB MIA3 Benson, Cedric RB CHI4 Arrington, J.J. RB ARI5 Edwards, Braylon WR CLE6 Williamson, Troy WR MINN7 Williams, Mike WR DET8 Smith, Alex D. QB SF9 Jones, Matt WR JAX10 Clayton, Mark WR BAL11 Jackson, Vincent WR SD12 Campbell, Jason QB WAS13 Rodgers, Aaron QB GB14 Miller, Heath TE PITT15 Shelton, Eric RB CAR16 Gore, Frank RB SF17 Moats, Ryan RB PHI18 Walter, Andrew QB OAK19 Clarett, Maurice RB DEN20 McPherson, Adrian Please just take the Offensive Rankings with a grain of salt, it was a very quick attempt to rank them, my point is, where would you put some of the IDPs on a list like this?

the only IDPs that deserve top 20 consideration are thomas davis and derrick johnson, and i honestly dont see them in the top 20 - not as good prospects as vilma and DJ williams last year, and too many intriguing offensive talents in the mid rounds...

I agree. This year's rookie draft has a lot of offensive players who are good prospects, and a pretty noteworty lack of defensive talent at positions that yield fantasy points. Last year, LB's Johnson and Vilma and Sean Taylor went in our 2nd round, but I don't see anything comparable to that. The top DE's and LB's from this draft will probably start going in round 3 or so in most drafts, but the top QB's, RB's and WR's will get the attention before that.

thanks guys, in z33 we are in middle of vet draft (round 20) ......... i currently have 3,11,14,17,22,25,46 in rookie........wanted to know if i should be targeting any defensive players with any of those earlier picks.........right now im going to approach solidifying my defense in vet draft and using my top 4-5 picks soley on offensive players

Good topic :thumbup: I pick 10th in my league this year and am afraid the top 4 RBs and top 3 WRs will all be gone (though stranger things have happened). I'm thinking of taking a LB or even a safety with my first pick and hoping Frank Gore falls to me in the 2nd round. I'm intrigued by him and his situation, but I think a 1st would be a stretch...

Good topic :thumbup: I pick 10th in my league this year and am afraid the top 4 RBs and top 3 WRs will all be gone (though stranger things have happened). I'm thinking of taking a LB or even a safety with my first pick and hoping Frank Gore falls to me in the 2nd round. I'm intrigued by him and his situation, but I think a 1st would be a stretch...
I suppose it depends on the league, but in most of mine, I won't even look at IDPs until the 20th pick. Anyone have insight on Odell Thurman in Cincy or Tatupa in Seattle?

I didn't expect Cincy to take a ILB, with Webster and Landon Johnson in town, they can shift LJ outside, but what about Webster? It seems Tatupa should start with a revamped LB corps in Seattle. Ruud is a guy I'd look at later in the draft, as he probably backs up Quarles this year, but Shelton is getting old.

Oz,saw a note on kffl.com's hot list that niether of the seasttle draftee would expected to start. think that leaves Niko and DD Lewis for now.

Good topic :thumbup:   I pick 10th in my league this year and am afraid the top 4 RBs and top 3 WRs will all be gone (though stranger things have happened).  I'm thinking of taking a LB or even a safety with my first pick and hoping Frank Gore falls to me in the 2nd round.  I'm intrigued by him and his situation, but I think a 1st would be a stretch...
I suppose it depends on the league, but in most of mine, I won't even look at IDPs until the 20th pick. Anyone have insight on Odell Thurman in Cincy or Tatupa in Seattle?

I didn't expect Cincy to take a ILB, with Webster and Landon Johnson in town, they can shift LJ outside, but what about Webster? It seems Tatupa should start with a revamped LB corps in Seattle. Ruud is a guy I'd look at later in the draft, as he probably backs up Quarles this year, but Shelton is getting old.
webster had a setback in his rehab and im not sure he'll be ready for camp. big opportunity for thurman.

Here's my 2 cents:Thomas Davis and Barrett Ruud should contribute right away. Hearing Davis could take Fields spot, which is SLB. Eventually he should settle in at SS or WLB.Ruud may start out playing the sam as well, if he fails to beat out Quarles, but he will man the middle in the future.I think Derrick Johnson will be a huge underachiever and will disappoint alot of people.Marlin Jackson has alot of upside in Indy, should start at some point this year.Pollack could be awsome if he starts at the will.Same goes for Thurman if he wins the starting MLB spot.

1 Williams, Carnell RB TB2 Brown, Ronnie RB MIA3 Benson, Cedric RB CHI4 Arrington, J.J. RB ARI5 Edwards, Braylon WR CLE6 Williamson, Troy WR MINN7 Williams, Mike WR DET8 Smith, Alex D. QB SF9 Jones, Matt WR JAX10 Clayton, Mark WR BAL11 Jackson, Vincent WR SD12 Campbell, Jason QB WAS13 Rodgers, Aaron QB GB14 Miller, Heath TE PITT15 Shelton, Eric RB CAR16 Gore, Frank RB SF17 Moats, Ryan RB PHI18 Walter, Andrew QB OAK19 Clarett, Maurice RB DEN20 McPherson, Adrian
Shelton, Gore, Clarett and Moats are all more valuable than you suggest - RBs have much greater value in dynasty drafts than lesser WRs.

1 Williams, Carnell RB TB

2 Brown, Ronnie RB MIA

3 Benson, Cedric RB CHI

4 Arrington, J.J. RB ARI

5 Edwards, Braylon WR CLE

6 Williamson, Troy WR MINN

7 Williams, Mike WR DET

8 Smith, Alex D. QB SF

9 Jones, Matt WR JAX

10 Clayton, Mark WR BAL

11 Jackson, Vincent WR SD

12 Campbell, Jason QB WAS

13 Rodgers, Aaron QB GB

14 Miller, Heath TE PITT

15 Shelton, Eric RB CAR

16 Gore, Frank RB SF

17 Moats, Ryan RB PHI

18 Walter, Andrew QB OAK

19 Clarett, Maurice RB DEN

20 McPherson, Adrian
Shelton, Gore, Clarett and Moats are all more valuable than you suggest - RBs have much greater value in dynasty drafts than lesser WRs.
yeah, it was a quick attempt at just getting something to talk about, i was mainly looking to find out if in my veteran draft i should be taking any idps into consideration from the rookie draft

I think Derrick Johnson is the #1 rookie IDP. KC LBs just get a ton of tackles because they're always getting run over. That having been said, wouldn't take him until end of 2nd round, early 3rd round.

Users who are viewing this thread