What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Warrick Holdman (1 Viewer)

Weiner Dog

Footballguy
Whipty-Do! :excited: He's probably nothing more than insurance for Arrington's knee.Redskins | Holdman Agrees to a Contract - from www.KFFL.comWed, 11 May 2005 15:51:49 -0700Redskins.com reports Washington Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs said Wednesday, May 11 the team has agreed to terms on a deal with free agent LB Warrick Holdman (Browns). "He's somebody who our coaches here know a lot about because they've coached him," Gibbs said. Holdman can play all three linebacker positions.

Arrington's knee does not seem to be doing well at all. He is still on crutches and is acting like a little child over the situation. It doesn't smell as if he is on the verge of being OK.I think this signing maybe a little bit more than an insurance policy with 2 of their three starting LBs and their top backup on the mend, they need more healthy bodies. Even though Holdman played all of 2004, I still think he is a bit of an injury risk himself.

Arrington's knee does not seem to be doing well at all.  He is still on crutches and is acting like a little child over the situation.  It doesn't smell as if he is on the verge of being OK.

I think this signing maybe a little bit more than an insurance policy with 2 of their three starting LBs and their top backup on the mend, they need more healthy bodies.  Even though Holdman played all of 2004, I still think he is a bit of an injury risk himself.
That's overly pessimistic about Arrington. That sounds like an assessment from 2 months ago that needs to be updated. Besides, Lemar Marshall filled in capably for him. Holdman may have an outside shot at competing for the MLB job if Barrow can't play given that the only other pure MLB on the roster - McCune - is a rookie.

This is just insurance/depth for the LB's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrington's knee does not seem to be doing well at all.  He is still on crutches and is acting like a little child over the situation.  It doesn't smell as if he is on the verge of being OK.

I think this signing maybe a little bit more than an insurance policy with 2 of their three starting LBs and their top backup on the mend, they need more healthy bodies.  Even though Holdman played all of 2004, I still think he is a bit of an injury risk himself.
That's overly pessimistic about Arrington. That sounds like an assessment from 2 months ago that needs to be updated. Besides, Lemar Marshall filled in capably for him.
He will always be a baby, but I was mistaken. He is off his crutches, but that has only occured in the last 3 weeks.I still don't have a very high outlook on Arrington this year. He is an injured malcontent who think's his value is much higher than it is.

I'm a 'Skins homer and I'll agree with you that he's overrated. He's a fine athlete and a good LB to be sure, but I've always thought that if he was not as telegenic and outgoing as he is, he wouldn't get nearly the respect he does. That said, he's never let off field issues carry over into on-field performance.

Redskins | Barrow Could be June 1 CasualtyThu, 12 May 2005 11:57:05 -0700--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Jody Foldesy, of the Washington Times, reports with the signing of LB Warrick Holdman, the Washington Redskins could opt to release veteran LB Mike Barrow (knee), who is due $1.74 million in base salary this season. Barrow continues to suffer from tendonitis in his left knee.For what its worth?

This is interesting. Pasquerelli reported yesterday that the 'Skins' acquisition of Hodman will enable them to move Marcus Washington to MLB and put Holdman at the Sam position.

If this is true, it will almost certainly lead to Barrow's release after June 1, and will mean that Washinton will be a very strong IDP pickup this year (see Antonio Pierce's #'s last season).
Looks like an investment in Lemar Marshall just got a little riskier ...

This is interesting.  Pasquerelli reported yesterday that the 'Skins' acquisition of Hodman will enable them to move Marcus Washington to MLB and put Holdman at the Sam position. 

If this is true, it will almost certainly lead to Barrow's release after June 1, and will mean that Washinton will be a very strong IDP pickup this year (see Antonio Pierce's #'s last season).
Looks like an investment in Lemar Marshall just got a little riskier ...
Agreed. If Pasquerelli is right, then Marshall is likely no better than a backup to both OLB positions.

This is interesting. Pasquerelli reported yesterday that the 'Skins' acquisition of Hodman will enable them to move Marcus Washington to MLB and put Holdman at the Sam position.

Good eye, Redman!I skimmed through the article and totally missed this.

Quoting the relevant part:

Holdman might join the group of linebackers vying for the starting job in the middle, where the free-agent defection of Antonio Pierce to the New York Giants has created a big hole. But don't discount the possibility that the Redskins will move strong-side linebacker and 2004 Pro Bowler Marcus Washington into the middle, and use Holdman to fill his slot. When they were recruiting Washington last spring as a free agent, Redskins coaches floated the idea of playing him in the middle, and it could happen.
So Holdman could be a contender for the MLB spot as well.Anyone notice that Pasquarelli only gives DBs credit for INTs? A guy can be a solid player who makes every tackle, or a shutdown CB who takes away half the field, and Pasquarelli would think he's worse than a gambler who gets INTs but gets burned half the time.

Washington is so much better suited to the outside.... but with the Skins picking up both Marshall and Holdman, you know they are hedging thier bets on both Arrington and Barrow. After June 1, the situation should become clearer.... unless they don't cut Barrow.

Users who are viewing this thread