What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dj Williams (1 Viewer)

i hear ya

i do like to read the team reports though

Fox sports sports is saying that If D.J. Williams makes a smooth transition from the strong side to the weak side, this could be one of the top linebacker corps in the league.

link

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?categoryId=67044
As I understand it, they've got it backwards (and it even shows on the depth chart on the same page). Williams is moving from WLB to SLB. The depth chart there shows him at SLB.

Fox sports sports is saying that If D.J. Williams makes a smooth transition from the strong side to the weak side, this could be one of the top linebacker corps in the league.

link

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?categoryId=67044
As I understand it, they've got it backwards (and it even shows on the depth chart on the same page). Williams is moving from WLB to SLB. The depth chart there shows him at SLB.
Exactly the reason I traded DJ away .. hey, he could be one of the guys that makes SLB work from a fantasy perspective, but why risk it if you can get good value ...

Ian Gold is a huge sleeper if he takes over at WLB.Williams' value (and production) will definitely take a hit with the switch.

The Bronco's are supposed to use a 3-4 defensive formation quite a bit this year with Wilson and Terry Pierce as the inside backers. That said, I'm not a big fan of either Gold or Williams (from a fantasy perspective) in '05-

The Bronco's are supposed to use a 3-4 defensive formation quite a bit this year with Wilson and Terry Pierce as the inside backers. That said, I'm not a big fan of either Gold or Williams (from a fantasy perspective) in '05-
I'd like a link to that info, as this is the first time I heard that.

given how Manning has struggled against teams that use a 3-4 defense, it makes sense.but, I'm not sure the Broncos have the DL or even the OLB to make it work well. Most 3-4 OLB are much bigger and heavier than a guy like Gold.

given how Manning has struggled against teams that use a 3-4 defense, it makes sense.

but, I'm not sure the Broncos have the DL or even the OLB to make it work well. Most 3-4 OLB are much bigger and heavier than a guy like Gold.
The Broncos picked up a bunch of Free Agent DL this off season. Do you think Courtney Brown will start and if so, will he excel in a 3-4?

Gold has only had 1 good year and thats with those 6.5 sacks, his second best year was last year on the strong side.looks to me like he would be best at the strong side where he could blitz now he has had a full year after his injury. T--A-tot- 26-4- 30 sacks 2.0 16 games38-4- 42 sacks 3.0 16 games88-12- 100 sacks 6.5 16 games ***28-1- 29 sacks 0.0 6 games54-17- 71 sacks 0.5 16 games*

Users who are viewing this thread