What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seymour unhappy with contract (1 Viewer)

Gadzooks

Footballguy
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/...articleid=87657

Doesn't really matter right now since he has 2 years left on original deal. But from the sounds of things, I'd guess he won't be giving a hometown discount and I can't imagine Belichick giving in to a huge contract demand. Wonder if they consider moving him this offseason if he's still unhappy before he goes into his contract year?

The guy was badgering Seymour while he was trying to help some kids out. The article even says he was asked "repeatedly." This is just another example of Boston media trying to stir up trouble. No news here.

Is Seymour the most over-rated lineman in the league?I know it's not all about the box score, but isn't it at least somewhat about the box score? The guy's averaging just over 5 sacks a game in 4 years as a starter and I've seen both Sports Illustrated and ESPN writers refer to him as the best defensive lineman in the game. I don't know, maybe it's me, but I'd think the best defensive lineman in the game would get more than 5 sacks even if he were double teamed every single play. I can't remember exactly where he fell, but I remember ESPN rated the top players in the NFL from an NFL perspective not fantasy, and Seymour (if I'm not mistaken was top 10). I just remember seeing it and thinking it was ridiculously high.

Is Seymour the most over-rated lineman in the league?

I know it's not all about the box score, but isn't it at least somewhat about the box score? The guy's averaging just over 5 sacks a game in 4 years as a starter and I've seen both Sports Illustrated and ESPN writers refer to him as the best defensive lineman in the game. I don't know, maybe it's me, but I'd think the best defensive lineman in the game would get more than 5 sacks even if he were double teamed every single play.

I can't remember exactly where he fell, but I remember ESPN rated the top players in the NFL from an NFL perspective not fantasy, and Seymour (if I'm not mistaken was top 10). I just remember seeing it and thinking it was ridiculously high.
5 sacks for a Dlineman in the 3-4 is actually very good...

I'd draft him #1 overall if what you said is true
Is it not? 2001 3 sacks2002 5 sacks2003 8 sacks2004 5 sacks
The patriots don't always run a 3-4, and even if they did I'd say pretty much every team running a 3-4 has a lineman who can put up 5 sacks a year. Aaron Smith must be one of the best lineman in the league as well, he puts up as many sacks and gets far more tackles. If I'm not mistaken, Patrick Kerney had at least one double digit sack year in the 3-4 (possibly 2, but i can't remember when they switched to 3-4).I'm not saying the guy sucks by any stretch, but he's talked of as the best (or one of the top 2-3) lineman in the league routinely, and I don't think he can back that up.

I read the Herald about twice/week:The Boston Herald is the National Enquirer of Boston....The author of this (Matt Doucet) rarely contributes anything of value...Seymour knows he's expendable, just like Milloy, Law, Andruzzi, etc... It's not his style to ##### about ANYTHING, so ignore the article and focus on how the Pats are going to win their third in a row.

Except for the fact that Seymour was an unexcused no-show at mandatory minicamp today.This one could get nasty.

Except for the fact that Seymour was an unexcused no-show at mandatory minicamp today.

This one could get nasty.
Unless you are Tom Brady, you are an expendable piece of meat.... I hope this isn't contract related because you will suffer the same fate as the Laws and Milloys of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except for the fact that Seymour was an unexcused no-show at mandatory minicamp today.

Unless you are Tom Brady, you are an expendable piece of meat.... I hope this isn't contract related because you will suffer the same fate as the Laws and Milloys of the world.
And how's that philosophy worked out for the Patriots so far?

And how's that philosophy worked out for the Patriots so far?
I assume you are looking for the answer "pretty darn well"? Someone's going to be willing to give up a first for him.

I'd draft him #1 overall if what you said is true
Is it not? 2001 3 sacks

2002 5 sacks

2003 8 sacks

2004 5 sacks

The patriots don't always run a 3-4, and even if they did I'd say pretty much every team running a 3-4 has a lineman who can put up 5 sacks a year. Aaron Smith must be one of the best lineman in the league as well, he puts up as many sacks and gets far more tackles. If I'm not mistaken, Patrick Kerney had at least one double digit sack year in the 3-4 (possibly 2, but i can't remember when they switched to 3-4).I'm not saying the guy sucks by any stretch, but he's talked of as the best (or one of the top 2-3) lineman in the league routinely, and I don't think he can back that up.
You should watch a few games instead of relying on statistics.

You should watch a few games instead of relying on statistics.
I think if I watched any more football I'd end up divorced. I'm sure there are plenty of bigger junkies than me, but I do have ST and watch a portion of all the games each week as well as the national ones. Besides what would it be that I'd see watching him play. It wouldn't be sacks or tackles. As I said, I realize there is more to the game then that, but there are tons of guys who get double teamed every play who are on the line and manage to get to the QB far more. Anyway, I'm not arguing the guy sucks. I think he's a good player, but I don't think he's the best lineman in the league, and I certainly don't think he's a top 15 player overall as sporting news and espn have listed him as at varying points. :eek: Hence me saying he's over-rated. Obviously it depends who's doing the rating though as I'm sure not everyone thinks upon him quite that highly.

Users who are viewing this thread