What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pollack (1 Viewer)

Broken

Footballguy
In many IDP drafts I see Pollack being taken fairly early versus other LB's. Can someone enlighten me as to why this is occurring? As a SLB he will not command a position that will generate points that would be available to a MLB or WLB.I believe him to be a quality player but you need to have opportunity as well to score.

To start off I agree with you and rank Thurman higher. I see a couple reasons for others selecting Pollack early though. He is a lock to be a starter. A guy with his motor will likely make up for his lack of tackles with big plays (sacks, interceptions). I see both sides, but if a guy like Thurman with higher upside is there I'll take him.

To start off I agree with you and rank Thurman higher. I see a couple reasons for others selecting Pollack early though. He is a lock to be a starter. A guy with his motor will likely make up for his lack of tackles with big plays (sacks, interceptions). I see both sides, but if a guy like Thurman with higher upside is there I'll take him.
:goodposting:

I wouldn't draft him in the top-5 of this year's rookie LBs, but after they are gone, then it comes down to players like Pollack, Burnett, and Cody or the later round MLBs and it really just depends on what your preference is at that point. Most people would rather have a starting SLB than a backup MLB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't draft him in the top-5 of this year's rookie LBs, but after they are gone, then it comes down to players like Pollack, Burnett, and Cody or the later round MLBs and it really just depends on what your preference is at that point. Most people would rather have a starting SLB than a backup MLB.
The way Cincy will use Pollack should make him one of the few SLB's who have decent fantasy value. He'll be rushing the passer often and should put up 7-9 sacks along with 60 or so tackles. Consistency may ultimately be a problem but he is going to have his share of big games. I would agree with the Funk that Odell Thurman will ultimately make the better fantasy player in the long term. This is how I rank the rookie LB's for dynasty purposes

Odell Thurman MLB Cin - 2

Derrick Johnson KC - 1

Barrett Ruud MLB TB - 2

Lance Mitctell Ari - 5

Alfred Fincher NO - 3

Kirk Morrison MLB Oak - 3

Robert McCune Was - 5

Channing Crowder Mia - 3

David Pollack DE Cin - 1

If your looking for someone to contribute right away Pollack might fall in at #3 or so

The way Cincy will use Pollack should make him one of the few SLB's who have decent fantasy value. He'll be rushing the passer often and should put up 7-9 sacks along with 60 or so tackles. Consistency may ultimately be a problem but he is going to have his share of big games. I would agree with the Funk that Odell Thurman will ultimately make the better fantasy player in the long term. This is how I rank the rookie LB's for dynasty purposes

Odell Thurman MLB Cin - 2

Derrick Johnson KC - 1

Barrett Ruud MLB TB - 2

Lance Mitctell Ari - 5

Alfred Fincher NO - 3

Kirk Morrison MLB Oak - 3

Robert McCune Was - 5

Channing Crowder Mia - 3

David Pollack DE Cin - 1

If your looking for someone to contribute right away Pollack might fall in at #3 or so
Mitchell is the surprise in this group....a year from now probably not so much so.The Ommission? Demarcus Ware's running #1 at ROLB and he's Parcell's "Water Boy."

That should count for something. :brush:

Users who are viewing this thread