What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boss Bailey (1 Viewer)

dougthonus

Footballguy
I've read that he's slated to return to the starting lineup this year, and I'm curious if anyone thinks there's any chance he moves to WLB?Lehman seems more muscular (he's at least shorter and heavier, so I'm assuming more muscular), so he might be more fit to take on the TE where as Bailey is more of a speed LB who I'd think would fit in nicely as the WLB. Am I dreaming here? Probably. Just curious what everyone else thinks.

i thought Lehman played WLB because Bailey was out, I'm almost positive Lehman'll play MLB and Bailey at WLB

I don't see Boss Bailey in the money position just yet. Check this out:Lions | Lehman May Play Middle Linebacker - from www.KFFL.comTue, 31 May 2005 05:59:31 -0700Steve Pate, of The Daily Oakland Press, reports Detroit Lions LB Teddy Lehman may make the switch to middle linebacker, if LB Boss Bailey is 100 percent ready to take over at strongside linebacker and if LBs James Davis and Alex Lewis can handle weakside linebacker. If moved, Lehman would challenge LB Earl Holmes to be the starting middle linebacker. When drafted in 2004, Lehman was called the "middle linebacker of the future." The question for the Lions is does that future start in 2005? Best case scenerio for the 05 season: Boss Bailey = DJ WilliamsRAPTURE

I don't see Boss Bailey in the money position just yet. Check this out:

Lions | Lehman May Play Middle Linebacker - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 31 May 2005 05:59:31 -0700

Steve Pate, of The Daily Oakland Press, reports Detroit Lions LB Teddy Lehman may make the switch to middle linebacker, if LB Boss Bailey is 100 percent ready to take over at strongside linebacker and if LBs James Davis and Alex Lewis can handle weakside linebacker. If moved, Lehman would challenge LB Earl Holmes to be the starting middle linebacker. When drafted in 2004, Lehman was called the "middle linebacker of the future." The question for the Lions is does that future start in 2005?

Best case scenerio for the 05 season: Boss Bailey = DJ Williams

RAPTURE
I have not heard anything to suggest Bailey plays anywhere other than SLB, and this article supports that. Lehman may challenge Holmes at the Mike, but that would result in someone else moving into the Will.

Boss has the best cover skills of the group, Lehman the ideal MLB and Davis/Lewis will be the WLB. The only issue is what they do with Holmes.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the position. Granted, SLB is generally the weaker-producing position, but all teams are different. I'm not a big fan of Bailey at all, but for those who are, I can see the viewpoint that he has Julian Petersonesque potential. I'd focus more on that, if you believe in him, than position title.Lehman got looks at MLB in camp last year. I think James Davis and Alex Lewis showed enough that it wouldn't be surprising to see Holmes cut and Lehman given the MLB job.

I too have never considered or heard of anything about him playing somewhere other than SAM. If they can find someone that can take over the WILL I think Lehman will play there.

Users who are viewing this thread